PDA

View Full Version : CJ McCollum on tight West Conference - I don't know if we can afford to 'Kawhi it,

SpaceJam
10-05-2019, 09:38 PM
"The race in the Western Conference is extremely tight. I don't know if we can afford to 'Kawhi it,' so to speak," McCollum said, according to an Oregonian story published Friday. "You'll Kawhi your way out of the playoffs."

"We're not some big superteam," Lillard said. "So I don't think we have the luxury to sit out, especially with how competitive the West is going to be."

Has "Kawhing it" become the synonymous for sitting out?! :eek:

LAmbruh
10-05-2019, 09:45 PM
He is who we thought he was :confusedshrug:

Few years ago people would scowl at a small few of us calling out Leonard's kwitting behavior, fact is everyone in the league knows his impact is dull and easily replaceable

Smoke117
10-05-2019, 09:48 PM
No team is ever winning anything with CJ McCollum on a max contract.

baudkarma
10-05-2019, 09:57 PM

Few years ago people would scowl at a small few of us calling out Leonard's kwitting behavior, fact is everyone in the league knows his impact is dull and easily replaceable

If everyone in the league knows "his impact is dull and easily replaceable" than why were teams so intent on signing him? Why did the Lakers, Dubs, CLips, Raptors each go all-out to try to get Kawhi on their team?

'kay, you're trolling, but I spent less time composing my reply than you spent composing your initial argument. You won't get many more replies to your stupid premise, so what exactly have you accomplished here?

Why not go out and do something useful with your life?

brooks_thompson
10-05-2019, 10:04 PM
If everyone in the league knows "his impact is dull and easily replaceable" than why were teams so intent on signing him? Why did the Lakers, Dubs, CLips, Raptors each go all-out to try to get Kawhi on their team?

'kay, you're trolling, but I spent less time composing my reply than you spent composing your initial argument. You won't get many more replies to your stupid premise, so what exactly have you accomplished here?

Why not go out and do something useful with your life?

That’s not how this board works. The trolls here are the most resilient and vacuous strain I’ve ever encountered. They’re mostly harmless, just willingly ignorant. And they spend almost all their time replying to themselves with the rolling emoji and the gif of the day.

JohnMax
10-05-2019, 10:26 PM
No team is ever winning anything with CJ McCollum on a max contract.

He single handily eliminated Nuggets who have 3 max players (Milsapp, Murray and Jokic).

The reason Portland can't win a title is because small guards rarely carry championship teams unless they're rare talent like Steph and Klay (who is not a small guard).

And1AllDay
10-06-2019, 03:44 AM

:eek:

Akeem34TheDream
10-06-2019, 04:05 AM
I respect both CJ and Lillard. Portland as a team go all out in regular season and they have good chemistry. But they might be the most boring team in playoffs in terms of results. When they lose they lose big. I always root against them.
Lost in 5 in 2014, 2015 and 2016; got swept in 2017, 2018 and 2019.

Akeem34TheDream
10-06-2019, 04:06 AM
I hope a young exciting team like Mavs, Pels or Kings makes the playoffs instead of them.

34-24 Footwork
10-06-2019, 04:49 AM
Lol. Bron stans pretending like they know something about the competition out West :lol

But yeah, CJ is right. Kawhi can't do that out West...ditto for anyone else.

SpaceJam
10-06-2019, 05:03 AM
Lol. Bron stans pretending like they know something about the competition out West :lol

Spurs been doing it for a decade plus :roll:

RoseCity07
10-06-2019, 05:15 AM
I respect both CJ and Lillard. Portland as a team go all out in regular season and they have good chemistry. But they might be the most boring team in playoffs in terms of results. When they lose they lose big. I always root against them.
Lost in 5 in 2014, 2015 and 2016; got swept in 2017, 2018 and 2019.

Two of the last three years they didn't have Nurkic in the playoffs. The one year he did play they got swept. He was playing at a high level though last year before he broke his ankle in half.:facepalm

Blazers had a real chance to make the Finals last year if Nurkic was healthy.

This year they could definitely make it if Whiteside gets that new team focus bump that Nurkic got. Plus Rodney Hood and Bazemore are like two Ray Allens compared to Harkless and Aminu shooting.

GimmeThat
10-06-2019, 05:18 AM
as long as they stay relevant to the seedings from last season, than all pressure from off season moves are off of them

Akeem34TheDream
10-06-2019, 06:01 AM
Two of the last three years they didn't have Nurkic in the playoffs. The one year he did play they got swept. He was playing at a high level though last year before he broke his ankle in half.:facepalm

Blazers had a real chance to make the Finals last year if Nurkic was healthy.

This year they could definitely make it if Whiteside gets that new team focus bump that Nurkic got. Plus Rodney Hood and Bazemore are like two Ray Allens compared to Harkless and Aminu shooting.
I know you are a Blazers fan so i will try to tell you while not being rude. But man you gotta accept that they underperform in playoffs. Even with Nurkic they weren't going to finals. They weren't better than the Rockets either. And this year i am 90% sure that they won't make the 2nd round.

ImKobe
10-06-2019, 06:29 AM

He can. It's not like he sat out against good Playoff teams for Toronto or San Antonio(before injury) consistently, they'd rest him on B2Bs/road trips against mediocre/lottery teams and I'm sure they'll look to do the same with the Clippers. Obviously they have less of those games out West but they can rest him against the Grizzlies/Wolves/Pelicans/Thunder which they will most likely do.

I know you are a Blazers fan so i will try to tell you while not being rude. But man you gotta accept that they underperform in playoffs. Even with Nurkic they weren't going to finals. They weren't better than the Rockets either. And this year i am 90% sure that they won't make the 2nd round.

They got a nice squad though, Whiteside could surprise a lot of people now that he's on a legitimate Playoff team and far away from South Beach.