PDA

View Full Version : Poll: LeBron James or Isiah Thomas?

RRR3
08-15-2019, 10:50 PM
Who

TheMan
08-15-2019, 11:06 PM
:facepalm

3ball
08-15-2019, 11:07 PM
It's Isiah pound for pound

It seems that most top 20 all-time players fielded much better teams than lebron... :facepalm

Isiah never went the bed like Lebron in 07' or 11 or 14'.. no one did

Shogon
08-15-2019, 11:10 PM

It seems that most top 20 all-time players fielded much better teams than lebron... :facepalm

Die in a fire you idiotic flaming trolling ******.

stalkerforlife
08-15-2019, 11:10 PM
Triggered.

But actually a fair comparison.

Zeke's back to back against ATG competition is far better than anything Bran did.

Zeke is a GOAT tier competitor.

Far tougher than Bran mentally.

GimmeThat
08-15-2019, 11:36 PM
by per 100 poss stats, Lebron has averaged a triple double 5 times in his career, same goes for Mr. Westbrook.

3ball
08-15-2019, 11:39 PM
by per 100 poss stats, Lebron has averaged a triple double 5 times in his career, same goes for Mr. Westbrook.
And there you have it folks

PickernRoller
08-15-2019, 11:39 PM
Pound for pound Isiah. Did more with less as well on a tougher, more competitive era. No shortcuts, no superteams, no league favors (16).

Would definitely snatch Bran's soul in a Finals.

Bawkish
08-16-2019, 12:59 AM
no other player in the history that can proudly claim of beating MJ, Bird & Magic in his career

Vino24
08-16-2019, 01:01 AM
Unlike MJ Zeke actually beat good competition.

GimmeThat
08-16-2019, 01:15 AM

yes, absolutely, if someone can do something, then even if another person does it, it's not impressive at all.

wouldn't know how to sum up ***** envy any better than that

brooks_thompson
08-16-2019, 01:18 AM
I really, really hate that 'pound-for-pound' qualifier that's been around for ages. It's awful and means nothing. If we go by it, then Chris Paul '08 is the greatest basketball player in history.

3ball
08-16-2019, 01:33 AM
I really, really hate that 'pound-for-pound' qualifier that's been around for ages. It's awful and means nothing. If we go by it, then Chris Paul '08 is the greatest basketball player in history.
Nah, the modern PG (like cp3 or bron) brings the ball up and then dribbles for most of the shot clock while they decide who will get the shot

Otoh, point guards in previous eras would bring the ball up and then give it up right away.. They wouldn't hold it for as long as today's PG's... And the only time they got the ball back is if the play breaks down to reset the offense.

So no.. cp3 didn't play like Isiah as much as you think.. Isiah was like a more athletic and offensively explosive Tony Parker with a Jordan-like motor and mentality.

bigkingsfan
08-16-2019, 01:34 AM
no other player in the history that can proudly claim of beating MJ, Bird & Magic in his career
This is why Isiah was the GOAT, until Legoat beat Isaiah.

sdot_thadon
08-16-2019, 01:35 AM
Thomas no doubt about it, especially if we're talkin the boston midget.:rolleyes:

Bawkish
08-16-2019, 01:37 AM
Unlike MJ Zeke actually beat good competition.

while Lebron loses on every good competition :lol

brooks_thompson
08-16-2019, 01:37 AM
Nah, the modern PG (like cp3 or bron) brings the ball up and then dribbles for most of the shot clock while they decide who will get the shot

Otoh, point guards in previous eras would bring the ball up and then give it up right away.. They wouldn't hold it for as long as today's PG's... And the only time they got the ball back is if the play breaks down to reset the offense.

So no.. cp3 didn't play like Isiah as much as you think.. Isiah was like a more athletic and offensively explosive Tony Parker with a Jordan-like motor and mentality.

I didn't say or even imply one word about Isiah. I was lamenting the use of the 'pound for pound' argument. I wasn't on-topic really, so your response seems like it might just be a classic 3ball copy and paste.

Andrei89
08-16-2019, 04:24 AM
:lol :lol :lol

Look at the replies here. No wonder we are a laughing stock to all basketball forums jeez man :biggums:

Andrei89
08-16-2019, 04:25 AM
I actually voted for Isiah for the lulz greta stuff:roll:

Akeem34TheDream
08-16-2019, 07:14 AM
LeBron James or Isaiah Thomas would be a better poll.

tpols
08-16-2019, 07:17 AM

:roll:

stalkerforlife
08-16-2019, 07:34 AM
Zeke winning as expected.

Far tougher mentally.

Far tougher competitor.

Faced far tougher competition.

Played in a far tougher league.

Didn't have to collude and get bolstered by the NBA.

Gileraracer
08-16-2019, 07:45 AM
Imagine Zeke with these guys on his team:

Shaq
Ray Allen
Dwyane Wade
Chris Bosh
Kyrie Irving
Kevin Love
Ben Wallace
Jerry Stackhouse
Mike Bibby
Rajon Rondo
Carlos Boozer
Antawn Jamison
Shawn Marion
Deron Williams
Derrick Rose

4 rings with ease

fourkicks44
08-16-2019, 08:13 AM
On first impressios I was not sure why OP made this topic tbh.

Every vote is predicted. I didn't even need to open the thread to know the results.

Pretty sad people a down playing how good the Pistons were to descredit LeBron?

Shouldn't 3ball and his crew be giving the bad boy era Pistons mad credit because they were Jordan's main competition?

Hmm I see... OP be playing 4D chess and exposing a parrodoxical trap that Jordan Stan's just fell into.

tpols
08-16-2019, 08:43 AM
Little known fact:

Zeke averaged between 10 and 14 assists per game in the mid 80s.

While his teams won chips, he averaged only 8 dimes.

Point being fit...he could fit and adapt to his star teammates.

tontoz
08-16-2019, 09:08 AM

Weak trolling attempt. Isiah was a bad shooter from everywhere outside 3 feet and was done at 32. He couldn't even make All-NBA 3rd team during their title years.

Manny98
08-16-2019, 09:21 AM
You could make a Vince Carter vs LeBron poll on this forum and i bet Carter will still win :facepalm

stalkerforlife
08-16-2019, 09:43 AM

Weak trolling attempt. Isiah was a bad shooter from everywhere outside 3 feet and was done at 32. He couldn't even make All-NBA 3rd team during their title years.

"I never saw Zeke play."

Would've been easier.

Wally450
08-16-2019, 09:50 AM
3ball :facepalm :facepalm

LeBron James every day of the week.

RRR3
08-16-2019, 11:47 AM
I think I made my point with this thread.

Bosnian Sajo
08-16-2019, 11:49 AM
I think I made my point with this thread.

And what was your point, that we don't take topics presented by nut huggers seriously?

Anyone with half a brain knows Lebron >>, it's your blatant attempt at "baiting" that we are mocking.

tontoz
08-16-2019, 11:54 AM
"I never saw Zeke play."

Would've been easier.

I saw all of the playoff games between the Bulls and Pistons in those years. Isiah wasn't even the best guard on his own team during those series.

RRR3
08-16-2019, 11:56 AM
And what was your point, that we don't take topics presented by nut huggers seriously?

Anyone with half a brain knows Lebron >>, it's your blatant attempt at "baiting" that we are mocking.
This thread would have similar results if you made it.

Bosnian Sajo
08-16-2019, 12:02 PM
This thread would have similar results if you made it.

Trust me, I wouldn't make a thread asking who is better between Lebron James and Isiah ****ing Thomas.

That's the point.

We see exactly wtf you're trying to accomplish.

superduper
08-16-2019, 12:07 PM
Most objective board on the internet :applause:

RRR3
08-16-2019, 12:08 PM
Trust me, I wouldn't make a thread asking who is better between Lebron James and Isiah ****ing Thomas.

That's the point.

We see exactly wtf you're trying to accomplish.
Explain the results of the stalker (not a LeBron fan) created Dirk vs. LeBron then, chief.

sdot_thadon
08-16-2019, 12:11 PM
On first impressios I was not sure why OP made this topic tbh.

Every vote is predicted. I didn't even need to open the thread to know the results.

Pretty sad people a down playing how good the Pistons were to descredit LeBron?

Shouldn't 3ball and his crew be giving the bad boy era Pistons mad credit because they were Jordan's main competition?

Hmm I see... OP be playing 4D chess and exposing a parrodoxical trap that Jordan Stan's just fell into.
:oldlol:

Bosnian Sajo
08-16-2019, 12:13 PM
Explain the results of the stalker (not a LeBron fan) created Dirk vs. LeBron then, chief.

Same type of shit.

They are trolling you, lieutenant. Much like how Bron fans troll anything Kobe related.

Bosnian Sajo
08-16-2019, 12:18 PM
Btw I don't see a dirk vs Lebron thread by stalker, I see a Hakeem vs Lebron thread....which is A LOT more comparable than Isiah and LeBron.

tpols
08-16-2019, 12:26 PM
Btw I don't see a dirk vs Lebron thread by stalker, I see a Hakeem vs Lebron thread....which is A LOT more comparable than Isiah and LeBron.

How are we going to discount Dirk when we saw with our own eyes an old version of him completely Molly whoop peak lebron? With terry and Tyson as help to wade and bosh?

Dirk led 60+ win teams with just josh Howard too and was the most loyal piece to a perennially contending western giant for decades.

I don't think there's a soul on this planet picking LeBron over Dirk short or long term for their squad.

RRR3
08-16-2019, 12:28 PM
Probably got deleted.

Hakeem versus LeBron is a lot more fair, sure, but that’s not my point man. This board is polluted with ridiculous trolling. This thread would have been deleted anywhere else.

RRR3
08-16-2019, 12:30 PM
How are we going to discount Dirk when we saw with our own eyes an old version of him completely Molly whoop peak lebron? With terry and Tyson as help to wade and bosh?

Dirk led 60+ win teams with just josh Howard too and was the most loyal piece to a perennially contending western giant for decades.

I don't think there's a soul on this planet picking LeBron over Dirk short or long term for their squad.
Agreed. Dirk>LeBron (2 games off of Dirk)>Kobe (0 games off of Dirk)

tpols
08-16-2019, 12:33 PM
Agreed. Dirk>LeBron (2 games off of Dirk)>Kobe (0 games off of Dirk)

Kobe was old and injured, clearly out of prime.

LeBron was at his absolute peak.

Don't play dumb.

RRR3
08-16-2019, 12:35 PM
Kobe was old and injured, clearly out of prime.

LeBron was at his absolute peak.

Don't play dumb.
Chauncey Billups>Kobe. Outplayed him in his prime and Kobe had 3 HOFers.

tpols
08-16-2019, 12:43 PM
Chauncey Billups>Kobe. Outplayed him in his prime and Kobe had 3 HOFers.

Billups wasn't an MVP or franchise cornerstone...

*sigh*.. you HAVE to try harder my man.

Jason terry outplayed LeBron too but I wouldnt troll and say he's a better player in general.

Dirk was.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-16-2019, 12:49 PM
You're begging to be trolled.

And will use it to say LeBron gets slighted.

Oh wait... You did that already :oldlol:

RRR3
08-16-2019, 12:51 PM
Billups wasn't an MVP or franchise cornerstone...

*sigh*.. you HAVE to try harder my man.

Jason terry outplayed LeBron too but I wouldnt troll and say he's a better player in general.

Dirk was.
Kevin Garnett>Kobe then, surely you agree?

tpols
08-16-2019, 12:54 PM
Kevin Garnett>Kobe then, surely you agree?

Garnett handed LeBron his ass way more than he did Kobe. (who got the last word)

Garnetts why he ran to wade and Miami.

Don't let the hole get deeper. :oldlol:

RRR3
08-16-2019, 12:56 PM
Garnett handed LeBron his ass way more than he did Kobe. (who got the last word)

Garnetts why he ran to wade and Miami.

Don't let the hole get deeper. :oldlol:
No response.

Got you tripped up in your own web.

Turbo Slayer
08-16-2019, 12:57 PM
Lebron.

jayfan
08-16-2019, 02:36 PM
Isiah did lead his college team and pro team both to national championships.

Not many can boast that.

SouBeachTalents
08-16-2019, 02:42 PM

:lol Now that's just fcking dumb

Elosha
08-16-2019, 02:47 PM

Dude, you make some good posts sometimes, but this is idiotic. You damage your credibility by saying this. I really respect number 11, and he's sometime underrated. He's definitely in the top 40-50 all time greats. But Isiah is not LeBron. Lebron is something like 5-6 all time. He's one of the very best and nothing anyone says can change that. Yes, LeBron has exploitable weaknesses. But he's still one of the most physically talented athletes ever seen, and his skills are also all time elite.

These kind of troll threads are really getting stupid.

3ball
08-17-2019, 02:49 AM
Dude, you make some good posts sometimes, but this is idiotic. You damage your credibility by saying this. I really respect number 11, and he's sometime underrated. He's definitely in the top 40-50 all time greats. But Isiah is not LeBron. Lebron is something like 5-6 all time. He's one of the very best and nothing anyone says can change that. Yes, LeBron has exploitable weaknesses. But he's still one of the most physically talented athletes ever seen, and his skills are also all time elite.

These kind of troll threads are really getting stupid.
I never said Isiah > lebron

I just pointed out various facts i.e. everyone seems to have better teams than lebron

And that Lebron has some horrible series that Isiah never had (Isiah underperformed his expectation less)

None of this means Isiah is better.. ur just triggered.. lebron might be a great physical talent like you said, but for all those stats and years - only 3 rings - so he ain't doin' something right

Gunslinger
08-17-2019, 10:33 AM
Isiah is the better ball player, no doubt about it. Greater winner, choked less, better teammate, more loyal, more competitive fire, etc. Was one bad foul call away from threepeating, something Bran was never close to doing. Bran had a GOAT meltdown in 2011, got gentleman's swept in 2014 to the tune of a GOAT finals beatdown. Had a rigged series win in 2016. Could easily, and should be based on merit, 1/9 while Zeke could easily, and should be based on merit, 3/3.

Once you factor in IT playing in the GOAT era in one of the toughest conferences of all time with other GOAT's, him beating those other GOAT's and having to go through the absolutely STACKED Showtime Lakers in the finals that had a cakewalk there in comparison with Bran playing in the WOAT era in the WOAT conference while also forming superteams in his absolute prime further exasperating the conference disparity en route to easy cakewalks to the finals, it's crystal clear who should be higher on the GOAT list.

tpols
08-17-2019, 11:09 AM
Isiah is the better ball player, no doubt about it. Greater winner, choked less, better teammate, more loyal, more competitive fire, etc. Was one bad foul call away from threepeating, something Bran was never close to doing. Bran had a GOAT meltdown in 2011, got gentleman's swept in 2014 to the tune of a GOAT finals beatdown. Had a rigged series win in 2016. Could easily, and should be based on merit, 1/9 while Zeke could easily, and should be based on merit, 3/3.

Once you factor in IT playing in the GOAT era in one of the toughest conferences of all time with other GOAT's, him beating those other GOAT's and having to go through the absolutely STACKED Showtime Lakers in the finals that had a cakewalk there in comparison with Bran playing in the WOAT era in the WOAT conference while also forming superteams in his absolute prime further exasperating the conference disparity en route to easy cakewalks to the finals, it's crystal clear who should be higher on the GOAT list.

It is crazy Zeke had to go through larry bird's GOAT celtics, and then magic's GOAT lakers, while lebron coasts on demar derozans raptors and al horfords hawks.. paul george and roy hibbert pacers lmao.

And joe dumars wasnt no dwayne wade... not even close to being an MVP level player.

He westbrook'ed it... thats all that needs to be said.

Prometheus
08-17-2019, 11:41 AM
"I never saw Zeke play."

Would've been easier.

Neither did you.

Prometheus
08-17-2019, 11:47 AM
LeBron truly is the #1 most polarizing athlete in the history of our world.

Go to reddit, and you get downvoted, banned, insulted, audited, deported, and molested for criticizing LeBron in any way. You must say he's the GOAT, better than MJ, and a perfect human being to be able to post there.

But then I come back here because we are supposed to keep it real. Instead, the pendulum swings all the way to the other side. An army of ******s want to denigrate bran to every possible extent, to the point that you have poll results like the one in this thread. Sure it's trolling, but it's an embarrassment.

There is no place on the internet where this one player is viewed objectively. It's astonishing how much he generates a desire for people to hyperbolize. Only way is to stop being so f*cking obsessed with him. He's just one basketball player.

72-10
08-17-2019, 02:17 PM
I think LeBron's unprecedented ability to chase stats and be awarded with stats and lauded with awards gives him the free pass here. After all, his stats are better.

stalkerforlife
08-17-2019, 02:22 PM
Neither did you.

Lies.

SouBeachTalents
08-17-2019, 02:24 PM
Lies.
You said you're 35, so you're telling me you were watching him when you were 5-6 years old :oldlol:

sdot_thadon
08-17-2019, 02:28 PM
You said you're 35, so you're telling me you were watching him when you were 5-6 years old :oldlol:
:kobe:

Hey Yo
08-17-2019, 02:50 PM

No person who saw Magic play would claim the above as truth.

stalkerforlife
08-17-2019, 02:57 PM

Older than 35.

3ball
08-17-2019, 02:58 PM
No person who saw Magic play would claim the above as truth.
Magic's Lakers led the league in assists every year and had the best ball movement in the league - that can't happen if Magic was dribbling too much and the ball wasn't moving - the ball was moving and Magic played off his teammates very well..

He simply didn't dribble the ball for most of the shot-clock like Lebron and today's PG's.. Magic was a FREQUENT post-up player and played off-ball enough for the Lakers to have the best ball movement in the league.. Otoh, Lebron's teams rank poorly in assists and have poor ball-movement.

So you're wrong and simply thinking too generally - thinking about previous era basketball must be all a blur for you. You probably shouldn't be commenting on it.

Hey Yo
08-17-2019, 03:04 PM
Magic pounded the rock for 20 seconds with his back to the basket, backing his defender down, looking for the assist or layup for himself.

You're clueless, chico.

Elosha
08-17-2019, 03:32 PM
Magic pounded the rock for 20 seconds with his back to the basket, backing his defender down, looking for the assist or layup for himself.

You're clueless, chico.

That's totally false. Magic was running the break and passing off, or outleting quickly. In the half court, he was constantly keeping the ball in motion, and usually trying to set up Kareem, Worthy, or Wilkes.

In his last year, 1991, the Lakers did slow down a bit and let Magic back his defender down and/or post up a bit more as he was older and heavier, but it was still a rather rare occasion, happening maybe a few times a game. But throughout his career, and even 90-91, Magic and the Lakers were premised on fast breaking as much as possible (Showtime) and elite ball movement in the half court.

Elosha
08-17-2019, 03:36 PM
I never said Isiah > lebron

I just pointed out various facts i.e. everyone seems to have better teams than lebron

And that Lebron has some horrible series that Isiah never had (Isiah underperformed his expectation less)

None of this means Isiah is better.. ur just triggered.. lebron might be a great physical talent like you said, but for all those stats and years - only 3 rings - so he ain't doin' something right

I agree that he's got weaknesses and isn't the GOAT. As long as you're clear that you don't actually rank IT higher than LeBron, then we don't have any issues.

tpols
08-17-2019, 03:38 PM
That's totally false. Magic was running the break and passing off, or outleting quickly. In the half court, he was constantly keeping the ball in motion, and usually trying to set up Kareem, Worthy, or Wilkes.

In his last year, 1991, the Lakers did slow down a bit and let Magic back his defender down and/or post up a bit more as he was older and heavier, but it was still a rather rare occasion, happening maybe a few times a game. But throughout his career, and even 90-91, Magic and the Lakers were premised on fast breaking as much as possible (Showtime) and elite ball movement in the half court.

chico doesnt even know what happened in the era he watched...much less the one he didn't.

Prometheus
08-17-2019, 03:38 PM
Older than 35.

You were seven years old when Isiah Thomas won his last championship.

Your opinion on him is worthless.

Nike D'Antoni
11-04-2022, 08:33 PM
“When He Passes Kareem in Scoring, You Have to Anoint LeBron James as the GOAT” - Isiah Thomas

If Isiah thinks that, I cannot vote Isiah over Lebron