PDA

View Full Version : Bron/Green/Kuzma/AD/Cousins (WOW)

AirTupac
07-08-2019, 03:04 PM
LeBron is going to be starting PG according to Haynes.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Bron/Rondo
Green/Bradley
Kuzma/KCP
AD/Kuz/Dudley
Cousins/Mcgee

DMAVS41
07-08-2019, 03:05 PM
Remember though...just yesterday is was completely out of reality that Lebron might play a lot more point guard this year.

:confusedshrug:

SpaceJam2
07-08-2019, 03:06 PM
The LeBron effect

Never forget!

Kingwillball
07-08-2019, 03:09 PM
LeBron is going to be starting PG according to Haynes.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Bron/Rondo
Green/Bradley
Kuzma/KCP
AD/Kuz/Dudley
Cousins/Mcgee

Caruso and Quin Cook gonna play don

NBAGOAT
it's going be bron/green/kcp/ad/cousins or kuzma/ad in the frontcourt. They're never playing that big lineup unless it's vs philly

Wally450
Op doesn't like LeBron by the way. Idk why he's clapping over this.

Kingwillball
07-08-2019, 03:10 PM
it's going be bron/green/kcp/ad/cousins or kuzma/ad in the frontcourt. They're never playing that big lineup unless it's vs philly

KCP is not starting hopefully EVER..hopefully will be a 10-15 min a night guy

AirTupac
07-08-2019, 03:11 PM
[QUOTE=Kingwillball]Caruso and Quin Cook gonna play don

D-Wait
07-08-2019, 03:13 PM
So, Lebron is defending guards at 35 years old ?

Line-up doesn't make much sense to me.

Although not really a PG, Bradley should start for defense.
And Lebron should remain as point forward.

NBAGOAT
07-08-2019, 03:15 PM

then bradley lol

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-08-2019, 03:16 PM
Cousins a shell of himself. LeBron is 34 and only makes roleplayers better. Pretty good roster, but LAC, Den, and Utah still shouldn't be scared of it if they meet in the playoffs.

Plus being coached by Vogel...ehh...

Manny98
07-08-2019, 03:17 PM
[QUOTE=Kingwillball]Caruso and Quin Cook gonna play don

3ball
07-08-2019, 03:18 PM
Fix it in.. again.. :sleeping

The only interest is seeing how often this choker can butcher it, 3/9

Manny98
07-08-2019, 03:22 PM
Came into the league a shooting guard

Spent most of career at small forward

Played Power forward during his Miami days

Played center in spurts from 2013 - 2015

Now transitioning into a full time point guard

Has anyone else been so talented that they can play all 5 positions like LeGOAT :bowdown: :bowdown:

superduper
07-08-2019, 03:26 PM
What is the point of saying stuff like Bran is going to be "playing PG"?

He is going to be holding the ball a record breaking amount regardless (time of possession).

Trollsmasher
07-08-2019, 03:34 PM
pure LeBronBall next season:bowdown: :bowdown:

Miles and Miles
07-08-2019, 04:24 PM
Good offensive lineup, terrible lineup on D

superduper
07-08-2019, 04:27 PM
It's actually unbelievable how stacked they are. Legit 10 players deep.

scm5
07-08-2019, 04:53 PM
I think they still field 2 guards for defensive purposes but Lebron will play like a PG.

I think a better starting 5 would be:

Bradley/Green/Bron/AD/McGee

Surround Bron/AD with two defensive shooters and have McGee for lobs and rim protection

Rondo/Cook/KCP/Dudley/Kuz/Cousins would be the most talented bench by far. Keep Bron or AD on the court with the second unit and it would destroy most starting 5's.

PP34Deuce
07-08-2019, 05:08 PM
First, because AD is an elite rim protector, it makes it easy to get beat and be aggressive because most guys aren't going to try him.

AD offers KG like versatility. Celtics did it all the time with Rondo, Allen, and Pierce. Funnel the best penetrator toward KG.

Guys play different when there's a paint protector.

Miles and Miles
07-08-2019, 05:15 PM
I don't think Lebron, Rondo, or Cousins actually play D anymore. They just wait their turn to get the ball.

jbryan1984
07-08-2019, 05:43 PM
Which Green they get? I missed this. JaMychal?

Wally450
07-08-2019, 05:46 PM
Which Green they get? I missed this. JaMychal?

Danny Green

jbryan1984
07-08-2019, 05:48 PM
Danny Green

Thats right. Thanks

bladefd
07-08-2019, 05:51 PM
We have not even had training camp, and we are 8 days into free-agency. WAAAAAAAAAAAY too early for any coach to take what Haynes said serious. The Lakers coaches are probably laughing over a cup of coffee at how idiotic it sounds. Haynes' source is probably sitting back smirking at the sh*tshow they caused by saying "OH OH, LEBRON STARTING AT PG!!".

It's utter nonsense at the present point in time for such a decision to have been made by any credible coach. Lets wait until training camp finishes, maybe even pre-season before we discuss who is starting where. Until then, it's nothing more than some executive's opinion based on their intuition. AKA nothing you can't get from some bum teenager in the mall who watches nba occasionally.

Spurs m8
07-08-2019, 06:11 PM
Hahaha now we get Lebron ball every game...

Losing basketball at its finest...thanks LeRoid

RealSkipBayless
07-08-2019, 07:02 PM
Hahaha now we get Lebron ball every game...

Losing basketball at its finest...thanks LeRoid
https://media.giphy.com/media/XcYLHFu7lQZuJKGHWm/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/UQJnBIG7NxQpUGx1pE/giphy.gif

Jasper
07-08-2019, 07:07 PM
If Kuz and Cousins play defense - this team is upper tear for sure.

Bond007
07-08-2019, 07:07 PM

to be fare KCP would be better this year i believe. see him how he ended the season? his problem was he did not know his role. we had all these experiments and injuries going on

bizil
07-09-2019, 03:03 PM

Bron can play PG or point forward and be great. It's been THAT WAY his whole career. BUT he was such an explosive athlete and scorer that u wanted him on the wing dominating that way. Plus he was better off defending the great wing players as well. So point forward is his ideal position don't get me wrong. However in general, Bron always had the tools to be a great pass first floor general PG. The only guy in the league who could do it just as good or better right now in that pass first style is CP3. And Ben Simmons would rank 3rd.

Anytime u start a supersized PG like Bron, u gotta make sure DEFENSIVELY it works for your team. Even though Bron could defend damn near any position in his younger days, OTHER guys may not be able to adapt to defending other positions. Nowadays I don't want Bron defending smaller PG's for long stretches.

Magic back in the day was lucky to have SG's like B Scott and Coop who could defend smaller PG's well. With the Lakers today, they have Avery Bradley and Danny Green who can do the same thing. So for me, I'm starting Bradley at SG and Green at SF. From there u can start AD-Boogie or Kuz-AD at the PF and C spots.

Miles and Miles
07-09-2019, 03:52 PM
If Kuz and Cousins play defense - this team is upper tear for sure.

Cousins hasn't played D his entire career so far so don't count on it.

clipps
07-10-2019, 01:59 AM
>/=48 wins.

NBASTATMAN
07-10-2019, 11:14 AM

I AGREE.. That team looks horrible defensively.. Imagine Cousins trying to defend pick and rolls.. Cousins needs to play 15 min a game at most.. Dude just cant move any more.. Still has some skill though..

Bosnian Sajo
07-10-2019, 12:06 PM
Good offensive lineup, terrible lineup on D

Impossible to be terrible on D when you have both Danny Green and AD starting.

Two of the most elite defenders in their respective positions, the rest of the guys might as well be Isaiah Thomas level defenders and we would still have one of the better defensive starting 5's...and we aren't even taking into account the defenders we got on the bench.

Not worried about defense at all with this group, the only thing I'm slightly worried about is health.

Bosnian Sajo
07-10-2019, 12:11 PM
Everyone talks about Lebron turning into a lazy defender, and believe me I've seen it first hand throughout last season...but now this guy gets to basically play free safety on defense, specifically to close out games.

Imagine this lineup to close out a game:

Bradley
Green
Lebron
Kuz
Davis

Danny Green and Avery Bradley harassing the opposing teams perimeter players, AD inside, Kuz switching constantly with AD so that he can make sure AD stays protecting the paint while Kuz covers the stretch 4/5, and Lebron ready to swoop in for an ill advised pass or reject a layup attempt.

On offense, this lineup would be dope to close out with as well.

Danny and Bradley moving along the 3 point line, ball in Lebron's hands, AD looking for position down low or setting screens while Kuz cuts around trying to get open.

:pimp:

superduper
07-10-2019, 12:15 PM
Everyone talks about Lebron turning into a lazy defender, and believe me I've seen it first hand throughout last season...but now this guy gets to basically play free safety on defense, specifically to close out games.

Imagine this lineup to close out a game:

Bradley
Green
Lebron
Kuz
Davis

Danny Green and Avery Bradley harassing the opposing teams perimeter players, AD inside, Kuz switching constantly with AD so that he can make sure AD stays protecting the paint while Kuz covers the stretch 4/5, and Lebron ready to swoop in for an ill advised pass or reject a layup attempt.

On offense, this lineup would be dope to close out with as well.

Danny and Bradley moving along the 3 point line, ball in Lebron's hands, AD looking for position down low or setting screens while Kuz cuts around trying to get open.

:pimp:

That's funny because those are honestly the players I see Bran trying to package out in a mid season overhaul attempt.

Kuz/Bradley/Green/1st round pick for Butler!! :cry:

Bosnian Sajo
07-10-2019, 12:19 PM
That's funny because those are honestly the players I see Bran trying to package out in a mid season overhaul attempt.

Oh that's genius, trade away a perfect role player on a Lebron team in Danny Green for a high usage player who needs the ball in his hands...we could have out right signed Jimmy in free agency, he wanted to come to LA.

Btw, we don't have 1st round picks to trade...only swaps. Shout out to AD.

bladefd
07-11-2019, 02:16 AM
Boogie Cousins :
"I'm working my tail off every single day. My quad is 100% healed. I'm building it up every day...I'm getting stronger. Getting in better shape. My plan is to come into camp in tiptop shape. My goal is to play 82 gms this season."

Boogie could be really something this year. He was a top 3 center until the Achilles went. Let's hope he can be 90% of that :cheers:

GimmeThat
07-11-2019, 02:25 AM
ISH, where concepts of shot clock FG% by 82games.com is an unknown

Doranku
07-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Op doesn't like LeBron by the way. Idk why he's clapping over this.

Crazy concept: some people are fans of teams rather than players.

GreatHILL
07-11-2019, 08:55 AM
AD is a loser

HylianNightmare
07-11-2019, 09:03 AM
What is the point of saying stuff like Bran is going to be "playing PG"?

He is going to be holding the ball a record breaking amount regardless (time of possession).
Ding ding

AirTupac
07-11-2019, 09:42 AM
Its actually crazy how well Pelinka built this team.

You have one of the most dangerous pick and roll duo in LeBron-AD with elite shooters blasting 3's on the kickout in Cook, Green, Bradley. Cook and Green being top 4 in the NBA last season on those shots. Then you throw Kuzma in the mix, who I think will surprise a lot of people this season. He's working his ass off and understands everyone is looking past him. He's going to have a huge chip on his shoulder. THEN you throw Cousins in the mix. Its gonna be exciting boys. We were 4th seed with young guys and LeBron doing everything. GMs around the league are a lot more impressed with our moves this season than last.

DMAVS41
07-11-2019, 09:44 AM

Danny Green isn't being traded under any realistic circumstance at all.

Only one I could think of would be that Kuzma just isn't working and they did a 3 team deal with the Wizards to get Beal that included Green going to a 3rd team.

But even that isn't realistic because Beal would go for more than that and the Lakers don't have any draft assets.

Maybe if the Lakers are really struggling and badly need a better guard they could do something built around Green/Kuz/Bradley fo DLO...seems like the kind of stupid move the Lakers would do.

superduper
07-11-2019, 09:57 AM
AD is a loser

Ding ding ding

AirTupac
07-11-2019, 10:01 AM
AD is a loser

Thats what everyone says of great players when they're on small market garbagio teams. He's 26 and finally on a contending team. Watch you nerd :lol

superduper
07-11-2019, 10:03 AM
Thats what everyone says of great players when they're on small market garbagio teams. He's 26 and finally on a contending team. Watch you nerd :lol

I mean makes sense. Pau was the same type of loser before he was able to be elevated by Kobe's greatness. But then again Bran isn't the type of leader to elevate star players.

AirTupac
07-11-2019, 10:05 AM
I mean makes sense. Pau was the same type of loser before he was able to be elevated by Kobe's greatness. But then again Bran isn't the type of leader to elevate star players.

Yeah but trolling aside, Bron has other guys to help him. AD will probably win a couple rings with LA when its all said and done.

poido123
07-11-2019, 04:47 PM
Yeah but trolling aside, Bron has other guys to help him. AD will probably win a couple rings with LA when its all said and done.

Will he though? Lakers team still has plenty of question marks and maybe 2 good years left of lebron.

bizil
07-11-2019, 05:43 PM
I'm AMAZED at how many people say the Clippers are FOR SURE better than the Lakers. FOR ONE, it's too early to say. The damn season hasn't started. These are newly formed teams with crazy makeovers.

BUT I know one thing for damn sure... The Lakers HAVE MORE UPSIDE! By that I mean what if Kuz takes his game up another level. TO where he could be a borderline All Star kind of player. And from there, what if Boogie gets back to 90% of his old self during the season.

If those two things happen, the Lakers HANDS DOWN would be better than the Clippers. Bron, AD, and Boogie represents three HOF players. 90% of Boogie would still be a 20-10 caliber big man. Plus the 2nd best passing center in the league behind Jokic. Those three in that case wold REPRESENT a superteam. Two of the top 5 players in the world. Boogie at 90% would still be a top 15-20 caliber player. So the Lakers may have fell into a superteam on the CHEAP like no other team ever has!