PDA

View Full Version : Breaking: Warriors expected to trade D'Angelo Russell for more assets

k0kakw0rld
07-01-2019, 11:39 AM
:eek: This is getting crazy and I love it...:oldlol: They doing my guy dirty tho! :rant

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/254648/Warriors-Expected-To-Eventually-Trade-DAngelo-Russell

ImKobe
07-01-2019, 11:52 AM
Covington, Jones & Teague for Russ?

Ghost1
07-01-2019, 11:55 AM
Covington, Saric & Teague for Russ?

Saric is a Phoenix Sun.

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 11:59 AM
Covington, Saric & Teague for Russ?

They don't have Saric.

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 12:01 PM
Wait what?? Why in the world would Russell agree to this?

DoctorP
07-01-2019, 12:01 PM
this makes sense.

Marchesk
07-01-2019, 12:02 PM

Does he have a choice?

ImKobe
07-01-2019, 12:04 PM
Saric is a Phoenix Sun.

You're right, I guess you could replace Saric with Jones then, don't see the Warriors just taking the two but I really like Convington for the Warriors.

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-01-2019, 12:05 PM
Ok, show me what you can do Myers.

(trade Dray, too, while you're at it)

Kingwillball
07-01-2019, 12:05 PM
Wiggins to warriors .. that would be crazy

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 12:06 PM

He got his full max and he might be playing for the Warriors. There weren't a lot of options for him to get this much money.

Agree really isn't part of it as he's not getting a no-trade clause in any situation so kind of irrelevant.

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 12:07 PM

They aren't dumb enough for that.

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 12:07 PM
Does he have a choice?

Absolutely, he was renounced by the Nets and an unrestricted free agent. He agreed to a sign and trade to get him onto the Warriors, why would he agree to that only to have the team he will end up on forced to give up assets for him? When said team could have signed him themselves outright?

This makes NO SENSE. Even for the Warriors. You got a young guard that will be good for years to come, and he fits next to Curry.

Marchesk
07-01-2019, 12:08 PM

Would be, but not sure how good of a fit he is. Career 33% 3P shooter with low assists for a perimeter player.

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 12:09 PM
Absolutely, he was renounced by the Nets and an unrestricted free agent. He agreed to a sign and trade to get him onto the Warriors, why would he agree to that only to have the team he will end up on forced to give up assets for him? When said team could have signed him themselves outright?

This makes NO SENSE. Even for the Warriors. You got a young guard that will be good for years to come, and he fits next to Curry.

The Wolves couldn't open up the cap, the Mavs weren't interested, the Lakers were going to make him wait too long...

What other teams were there to offer him the full max?

Russell and Curry don't fit well next to each other, but it could work...I think the Warriors likely see how this plays out in the season and then makes a decision unless some incredible offer comes their way.

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 12:12 PM
He got his full max and he might be playing for the Warriors. There weren't a lot of options for him to get this much money.

Agree really isn't part of it as he's not getting a no-trade clause in any situation so kind of irrelevant.

How weren't there a lot of options? Twolves want him, Lakers have him as their backup plan to Kawhi, and the Knicks would jump at the chance to have an all star on their team. He definitely had options, this isn't Patrick Beverley we're talking about.

So all of a sudden it's perfectly fine to sign a player to a contract with the intention of trading for him? Surly he wouldn't have agreed to a sign and trade knowing they planned on shipping him once more...again, if it's to the Twolves, you're gutting no roster for no reason when you could have signed directly to them as a free agent.

Aaaand looking at the Wolves cap situation, they were never under the cap to begin with....so maybe this was the plan the entire time and Dlo agreed to the sign and trade with the intention of going to the Twolves in a separate trade.

That makes more sense. Damn it, I hate him going to the Twolves. That team ****ing sucks.

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 12:14 PM
Man this sucks so much, I was really interested to see how DLo on the Warriors would work out.

If the warriors get back Covington amongst other pieces, that's a decent deal for them. But if it's Wiggins....goodbye Golden State dynasty. That boy reeeeeks.

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 12:17 PM
How weren't there a lot of options? Twolves want him, Lakers have him as their backup plan to Kawhi, and the Knicks would jump at the chance to have an all star on their team. He definitely had options, this isn't Patrick Beverley we're talking about.

So all of a sudden it's perfectly fine to sign a player to a contract with the intention of trading for him? Surly he wouldn't have agreed to a sign and trade knowing they planned on shipping him once more...again, if it's to the Twolves, you're gutting no roster for no reason when you could have signed directly to them as a free agent.

Aaaand looking at the Wolves cap situation, they were never under the cap to begin with....so maybe this was the plan the entire time and Dlo agreed to the sign and trade with the intention of going to the Twolves in a separate trade.

That makes more sense. Damn it, I hate him going to the Twolves. That team ****ing sucks.

What you say is just not true.

The Wolves did want him, but couldn't open up the cap space to make it work and couldn't do a sign/trade. The Knicks actually didn't want to commit to non-superstar players for more than 2 years. The Lakers probably had interest, but Russell couldn't afford to wait for Leonard because if the Lakers got Leonard, there really isn't another spot for getting his max money.

Again, what options are you talking about? I don't think you understand much about the league dude.

Every player signs knowing they could always get traded...unless they are good enough to get a no-trade clause...which is super rare.

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 12:18 PM
Man this sucks so much, I was really interested to see how DLo on the Warriors would work out.

If the warriors get back Covington amongst other pieces, that's a decent deal for them. But if it's Wiggins....goodbye Golden State dynasty. That boy reeeeeks.

Nothing is for certain, and there is no ****ing way the Warriors would take on Wiggins unless they also got like 4 unprotected first round picks as well or something.

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 12:24 PM
Teams with more than $10M of cap room remaining:
- LAC: $43M
- LAL: $32M
- DAL: $29M (or $21M trade exception)
- ATL: $14M
- NYK: $11M

Clippers and Lakers weren't options because of Leonard and Jerry West is probably never signing a player like Russell to that much.

Dallas wasn't an option.

Already explained why Knicks and Wolves wouldn't work. Teams like the Pacers, Suns, Celtics, and Hornets already got their points...

Again, almost no options out there for him...things move fast.

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 12:25 PM
What you say is just not true.

The Wolves did want him, but couldn't open up the cap space to make it work and couldn't do a sign/trade. The Knicks actually didn't want to commit to non-superstar players for more than 2 years. The Lakers probably had interest, but Russell couldn't afford to wait for Leonard because if the Lakers got Leonard, there really isn't another spot for getting his max money.

Again, what options are you talking about? I don't think you understand much about the league dude.

Every player signs knowing they could always get traded...unless they are good enough to get a no-trade clause...which is super rare.

Hey dmavs, respectfully stop replying to me if you think i dont understand much. Don't waste your time, because you're pissing me off for no reason.

Please stop. I figured you weren't a troll but you're following me in every thread. If you want me to treat you like a troll, that's another story.

I fully understand how the league works, you're questioning my knowledge with every OPINION I have. None of these players that signed to their new teams expect to be traded literally the day after, unless there was prior agreement. WHICH seems to make sense based on the Twolves not having cap space, which I was unaware of. If you reread my post you'll see exactly where I realize the Twolves have no space.

Learn how to talk to people dude. You don't see me belittling your knowledge every time I reply to you.

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 12:29 PM
You are, unfortunately, talking about the topics that interest me...

And you continue to say objectively false things repeatedly.

Stop posting BS and learn the facts.

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 12:38 PM
You are, unfortunately, talking about the topics that interest me...

And you continue to say objectively false things repeatedly.

Stop posting BS and learn the facts.

And you continue to be a smart ass.

So before this article came out about the Warriors planning to trade DLo, you knew this was all happening? It did not surprise you one bit that he was gonna be flipped to the Twolves? Or whatever team they will talk trade?

Probably not. Guaranteed not, since everyone last night was talking about this move and talking about how Dlo will fit with the Warriors.

The only thing I was wrong about was not knowing the Twolves had no capspace. I assumed they had space to sign him outright, as I didn't hear anything about them working on a sign and trade with brooklyn, rather strictly "dlo potentially to sign with wolves" and KAT's twitter post. Makes a lot of sense once it became clear that this was the way Twolves would acquire him.

So fuuuuck me for not memorizing everyones cap situation dmavs, but I'm not gonna sit here and be belittled by a douchebag whose getting pissy because I'm posting.

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 12:41 PM
Considering Russell probably agreed to the trade knowing he would end up with the Wolves, this is ok. But had Russell agreed to a sign and trade with the notion that he was signing to play for the Warriors, and they flip him before he plays a single game? Yea, that would have been totally wrong. Trade clause or no trade clause, it's ****ed up. I don't think we've ever seen that happen. The earliest these players usually get traded is Dec 15th, because of the signing restriction that does not allow a team to trade their newly signed players until that date.

See George Hill to Cleveland, Trevor Ariza to Washington.

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 12:41 PM
Yea, not enough people are realizing that the Warriors don't actually have to keep him. His contract will actually look great given the numbers everyone else is getting...

Cov has always been a dream fit on the Warriors.

If they could turn Russell into Cov and a couple solid role players...it would be interesting. Do we know what is happening with Tyus Jones? He's under-rated...

I'd love the Mavs to get him.

I posted this early in the morning before this news broke. So, yes...I don't see what is strange about a team potentially signing a player and trading them.

Yes, I'm a smart ass, but you need thicker skin...

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 12:46 PM
I posted this early in the morning before this news broke. So, yes...I don't see what is strange about a team potentially signing a player and trading them.

Yes, I'm a smart ass, but you need thicker skin...

I got thick skin dude, I'm just being pissy because I've shown you respect in other threads by taking my time to respond to you in a respectful manner and here you are trying me.

You don't expect me to respond harsher? What, you want me to thank you for telling me "Stop posting BS and learn the facts"? Nah son. If it's like that, then **** you. Straight like that.

Learn the fact. Bitch we in here LEARNING FACTS by the minute. All this is new information ffs, what's wrong with you?

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 12:50 PM
I got thick skin dude, I'm just being pissy because I've shown you respect in other threads by taking my time to respond to you in a respectful manner and here you are trying me.

You don't expect me to respond harsher? What, you want me to thank you for telling me "Stop posting BS and learn the facts"? Nah son. If it's like that, then **** you. Straight like that.

Learn the fact. Bitch we in here LEARNING FACTS by the minute. All this is new information ffs, what's wrong with you?

I like the harsh responses, I don't like you telling me to stop posting to you or to be nicer...this is fun.

No, you were just dead wrong on some things that were already facts.

I simply pointed them out and corrected them.

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 12:52 PM
I like the harsh responses, I don't like you telling me to stop posting to you or to be nicer...this is fun.

No, you were just dead wrong on some things that were already facts.

I simply pointed them out and corrected them.

This is fun?

Ok weirdo. Have fun.

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 12:53 PM
This is fun?

Ok weirdo. Have fun.

Yes, debating basketball and team building is fun.

Especially when I get to correct people like you.

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 12:56 PM

Nah you're not correcting me, you're sharing your opinion. I can then choose to agree or disagree, regardless what I choose it makes no difference.

Makes me feel a lot better knowing I'm at least giving you some self worth and admiration out of this. Meanwhile, I'm just killing time before 4pm hits.

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 12:57 PM
Certain things are of course opinions...and certain things are of course objectively right or wrong.

Russell having "tons of options" for example, was objectively false.

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 01:01 PM
Certain things are of course opinions...and certain things are of course objectively right or wrong.

Russell having "tons of options" for example, was objectively false.

But in the other thread you stated that Beverley could have gotten his contract elsewhere, and when I asked for a source you stated that no source is needed, all you needed to do was compare what the market was for other PG's.

So if I'm wrong about Russ having other options, we can then agree that your statement in the Bev thread was also objectively false.

We'd have to, otherwise you'd be flip flopping and hypocritical. But there's no way that's a possibility, right Mavypoo?

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 01:06 PM
But in the other thread you stated that Beverley could have gotten his contract elsewhere, and when I asked for a source you stated that no source is needed, all you needed to do was compare what the market was for other PG's.

So if I'm wrong about Russ having other options, we can then agree that your statement in the Bev thread was also objectively false.

We'd have to, otherwise you'd be flip flopping and hypocritical. But there's no way that's a possibility, right Mavypoo?

No, this is what you need to educate yourself on.

Not many teams had the space and need for a player like Russell when he's getting paid that much...at the time this all went down.

A player like Bev in the 12 million range for 2 or 3 years? All you have to do is look at the market. Oh...and he actually went for exactly what I said he would.

Claiming that Russell had "lots of options" is totally different because the math doesn't work for like 90% of the teams at the time.

Just take the loss...Bev got what I said he would...the point guard market was exactly what I said it was...just admit you were wrong. Corey Joseph got that range as well...you are really going to argue that the Kings would pay Joseph but just would never pay Bev? Come on, you are better than that. Just move on...

And, you admitted you didn't even know the cap situation for teams...so the "tons of options" is admittedly just wrong.

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 01:15 PM
No, this is what you need to educate yourself on.

Not many teams had the space and need for a player like Russell when he's getting paid that much...at the time this all went down.

Well when you specifically mention that...same applies to Beverley. Unless you expected the Hawks or Mavs to offer him a deal, which neither of them did. Bulls spent their money on Thad Young and gave Satoransky the full MLE. The only teams with 12m+ in cap at the time Bev signed his deal were the Lakers, CLippers, and Mavs. That's not a lot of options buddy.

A player like Bev in the 12 million range for 2 or 3 years? All you have to do is look at the market. Oh...and he actually went for exactly what I said he would.

Actually, he went for exactly what I said he would, you merely agreed with me.

go on.

Claiming that Russell had "lots of options" is totally different because the math doesn't work for like 90% of the teams at the time.

Just take the loss...Bev got what I said he would...the point guard market was exactly what I said it was...just admit you were wrong. Corey Joseph got that range as well...you are really going to argue that the Kings would pay Joseph but just would never pay Bev? Come on, you are better than that. Just move on...

And, you admitted you didn't even know the cap situation for teams...so the "tons of options" is admittedly just wrong.

You keep quoting tons of options....yet I never said he had tons of options....I did not make it seem like Dlo had his pick of any team to play for.

I said he had options. Which he absolutely did. He had the Lakers, he had the Wolves, he had the Knicks (team with cap but I doubt he would have went there...although isn't much worse than Wolves with 2 dudes who just stat pad).

I'm not the one to get into semantics, but you keep quoting that phrase and frankly, Y'look dumb.

Anywho, carry on.

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 01:18 PM
Well when you specifically mention that...same applies to Beverley. Unless you expected the Hawks or Mavs to offer him a deal, which neither of them did. Bulls spent their money on Thad Young and gave Satoransky the full MLE. The only teams with 12m+ in cap at the time Bev signed his deal were the Lakers, CLippers, and Mavs. That's not a lot of options buddy.

Actually, he went for exactly what I said he would, you merely agreed with me.

go on.

You keep quoting tons of options....yet I never said he had tons of options....I did not make it seem like Dlo had his pick of any team to play for.

I said he had options. Which he absolutely did. He had the Lakers, he had the Wolves, he had the Knicks (team with cap but I doubt he would have went there...although isn't much worse than Wolves with 2 dudes who just stat pad).

I'm not the one to get into semantics, but you keep quoting that phrase and frankly, Y'look dumb.

Anywho, carry on.

You can keep repeating it, but it isn't true.

The Knicks and Wolves were not options. Knicks said they were not signing non-superstars to 4 year deals. Look it up.

The Wolves wanted him, but they couldn't clear enough cap and were not capable of a sign/trade.

The Lakers weren't either because Russell would have had to wait and if Leonard goes there...he's ****ed.

Clippers have space, but Jerry West isn't paying him his max.

Again, these are not opinions...these are facts...and it isn't semantics.

It is possible that Russell only had this option after everything that happened yesterday. Things move fast...

As for Bev...no, plenty of teams had money to spend at the time and all you have to do is go off the market. Just admit you were wrong here...you said Rondo was better...etc...just leave it alone...it makes you look dumb.

LostCause
07-01-2019, 01:21 PM
As I said in the other thread earlier, they absolutely should target Covington

The amount of value he'd bring to their team on both sides will have them right back in the thick of contention when Klay returns imo

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 01:22 PM

The amount of value he'd bring to their team on both sides will have them right back in the thick of contention when Klay returns imo

Agreed, although it will take more than covington for the salaries to match, which will work out even better for the Warriors.

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 01:23 PM

I agree.

Covington/Jones (assuming Wolves keep him) plus a pick might be pretty good for them, but not sure it is enough.

stalkerforlife
07-01-2019, 01:30 PM
Hey dmavs, respectfully stop replying to me if you think i dont understand much. Don't waste your time, because you're pissing me off for no reason.

Please stop. I figured you weren't a troll but you're following me in every thread. If you want me to treat you like a troll, that's another story.

I fully understand how the league works, you're questioning my knowledge with every OPINION I have. None of these players that signed to their new teams expect to be traded literally the day after, unless there was prior agreement. WHICH seems to make sense based on the Twolves not having cap space, which I was unaware of. If you reread my post you'll see exactly where I realize the Twolves have no space.

Learn how to talk to people dude. You don't see me belittling your knowledge every time I reply to you.

LMAO @ this dumb ass bitch.

:roll:

You hypocritical cowardly ass p ussy.

DMAVS is schooling your stupid ass.

stalkerforlife
07-01-2019, 01:33 PM

Damn.

Like a father to a son and a teacher to a pupil.

No wonder you were voted in as the next moderator.

Woooo!

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 01:36 PM
Speaks volumes when you got Stalk rooting for you :oldlol:

stalkerforlife
07-01-2019, 01:38 PM
Speaks volumes when you got Stalk rooting for you :oldlol:

No, you're just stupid.

Flat out.

He schooled you over and over again, you p ussy.

With objective facts.

You know nothing about the NBA.

stalkerforlife
07-01-2019, 01:39 PM
And it isn't just me supporting him.

I believe he got the most votes to be the next moderator.

Know your place as a novice and stop spouting BS.

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 01:40 PM
No, you're just stupid.

Flat out.

With objective facts.

Now I know nothing :oldlol:

You guys are ****ing ridiculous.

Jay-B
07-01-2019, 02:12 PM
I was thinking Russell does not fit the Warriors at all how do you play him between Steph and Klay.

Bronbron23
07-01-2019, 02:14 PM
Ok this makes sense. I was shocked when this went through. Warriors are to smart to think they could actually win a title with snitchboy. They know the league is full of dumbass GM's and owners that will trade away good pieces for him.

thefatmiral
07-01-2019, 02:51 PM
send him to Chicago or to Cleveland for their pics. They're going to suck for a while.

ArbitraryWater
07-01-2019, 03:04 PM

your skin too thin, get educated by him and chill

sammichoffate
07-01-2019, 03:14 PM
I agree.

Covington/Jones (assuming Wolves keep him) plus a pick might be pretty good for them, but not sure it is enough.They're $6mil off from salaries matching.

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 03:15 PM
They're $6mil off from salaries matching.

Jones isn't under contract atm so it's not really possible to know that lol.

sammichoffate
07-01-2019, 03:17 PM
Jones isn't under contract atm so it's not really possible to know that lol.I imagine they would offer him like 2 years $10mil/per then do the trade. Warriors making the best out of a bad situation, losing those picks sucks.

dbugz
07-01-2019, 03:24 PM
This one is so random :oldlol:

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 03:30 PM
They're $6mil off from salaries matching.

Wouldn't Jones be getting a raise?

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 03:32 PM
I imagine they would offer him like 2 years $10mil/per then do the trade. Warriors making the best out of a bad situation, losing those picks sucks.

I think Jones is worth far more than that.

He's super under-rated imo.

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 03:35 PM
I think Jones is worth far more than that.

He's super under-rated imo.

6.9ppg on 41% shooting and 31% three is worth far more than $10m/per?

Is this another objective fact?

Mr Feeny
07-01-2019, 03:36 PM
LMAO @ this dumb ass bitch.

You hypocritical cowardly ass p ussy.

DMAVS is schooling your stupid ass.

No, you're just stupid.

Flat out.

With objective facts.

Now I know nothing :oldlol:

You guys are ****ing ridiculous.

Pretty much. As Stalker, DMAVS, The Iraqi kid, and others have said, you got schooled. Now be a good boy and put your tail between your legs and thank him for educating you about basketball:lol

stalkerforlife
07-01-2019, 03:38 PM
Pretty much. As Stalker, DMAVS, The Iraqi kid, and others have said, you got schooled. Now be a good boy and put your tail between your legs and thank him for educating you about basketball:lol

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 03:39 PM
6.9ppg on 41% shooting and 31% three is worth far more than $10m/per?

Is this another objective fact?

No, this is what is called an opinion.

But I thought he wrote 2 years / 10 million...not 10 million per year.

I think 10 million per year would fair, but on the low end, but I'm really high on what Jones can be.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/carmelo/tyus-jones/

BallsOut
07-01-2019, 03:40 PM
Pretty sure Russell can't be traded for awhile after being traded to the Warriors. It's one year waiting period right? Not sure why ppl in here are even discussing it at this point. Trade can't happen until after a year at least.

Spurs m8
07-01-2019, 03:41 PM

Wiggins is trash.

You bron stans are so low IQ hahahha

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 03:41 PM
No, this is what is called an opinion.

But I thought he wrote 2 years / 10 million...not 10 million per year.

I think 10 million per year would fair, but on the low end, but I'm really high on what Jones can be.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/carmelo/tyus-jones/

Nah, you're not allowed to have an opinion on these subjects remember? Has to be facts only, opinions are not allowed mr.

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 03:42 PM
Pretty sure Russell can't be traded for awhile after being traded to the Warriors. It's one year waiting period right? Not sure why ppl in here are even discussing it at this point. Trade can't happen until after a year at least.

I was under the impression that December 15th is the earliest it could happen, but at this point who ****ing knows for a fact.

Sorry, who knows for an objective fact.

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 03:42 PM

I don't think it is a full year...I think it is 3 months or December 15th iirc.

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 03:43 PM
Nah, you're not allowed to have an opinion on these subjects remember? Has to be facts only, opinions are not allowed mr.

Quick Lesson;

What Tyus Jones is worth as a player is a matter of opinion.

How many options Russell had for teams to play for is a matter of fact.

Carry on...

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 03:43 PM
Elfrid Payton got 2yrs/16m, Ish Smithc got 2yrs/12m

The objective fact would be that Tyus Jones fits right along those lines. You're posting BS at this point and I'd politely ask you to get your facts straight before posting more BS.

Thank youuuuuuu, annnnd remember. No opinions allowed!

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 03:45 PM

The objective fact would be that Tyus Jones fits right along those lines. You're posting BS at this point and I'd politely ask you to get your facts straight before posting more BS.

See above please.

Also, know that you are coming off terribly in these exchanges and getting laughed at repeatedly.

If you'd like that to continue...carry on.

Mr Feeny
07-01-2019, 03:47 PM

Seriously, what's going on with you today? You're coming across like a tool.

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 03:47 PM
See above please.

Also, know that you are coming off terribly in these exchanges and getting laughed at repeatedly.

If you'd like that to continue...carry on.

Laughed at by who? Trolls on this site?

For what, saying that Russell had options vs you saying he didn't? Or is it for thinking Tyus Jones is a $5m/per player?

Oh god forbid!! The embarrassment! How will I ever show my face on ISH again?

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 03:48 PM
Seriously, what's going on with you today? You're coming across like a tool.

I guess I'm trying to see what a day in the life of Mr Feeny is like? :confusedshrug:

RealSkipBayless
07-01-2019, 03:50 PM

For what, saying that Russell had options vs you saying he didn't? Or is it for thinking Tyus Jones is a $5m/per player?

DMavs is the guy that said the Wizards should max John Wall and Otto Porter... Porter being an "easy match" when the Nets went after him That's all the credibility you need to see.

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 03:51 PM

Wait, you think Tyus Jones is only worth 5 million per year?

Yes, I've explained to you why the Knicks/Wolves/Lakers...and so many other teams were not options for Russell, but you keep claiming they were...so you look silly.

Mr Feeny
07-01-2019, 03:55 PM
I guess I'm trying to see what a day in the life of Mr Feeny is like? :confusedshrug:

Yeah, you're definitely having a bad day.

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 03:55 PM
DMavs is the guy that said the Wizards should max John Wall and Otto Porter... Porter being an "easy match" when the Nets went after him That's all the credibility you need to see.

For Porter, I said that, and nothing has changed...absolutely was an easy match and the Wizards should have for all the reasons I gave at the time. And still hold up today.

For Wall, it was tough...I said that if they were trying to win a title and that is what really mattered...then they should have traded him.

But it isn't always about just that...would have been hard to sell moving Wall at the time of his extension.

These are the tough things about team building.

But Porter? Wizards had to match and in the worst case scenario they got a positive asset in return for moving him. Not sure what damage you think was done...

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 03:57 PM

:roll: :roll:

I had no idea. Here I was giving him respect early on thinking he was one of the rare logical posters left on this site.

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 03:58 PM
:roll: :roll:

I had no idea. Here I was giving him respect early on thinking he was one of the rare logical posters left on this site.

Tell me why the Wizards shouldn't have matched Otto Porter...

Lay out your case.

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 03:59 PM
Wait, you think Tyus Jones is only worth 5 million per year?

Yes, I've explained to you why the Knicks/Wolves/Lakers...and so many other teams were not options for Russell, but you keep claiming they were...so you look silly.

Uh yea, Tyus Jones is absolutely worth $5m/per, $10m per is overpay for him.

You got guys like MCW taking minimum contracts when he's easily superior to Tyus ****ing jones, a bench player for a team that didn't come even close to sniffing the playoffs this year. He's a scrub ffs.

RRR3
07-01-2019, 04:00 PM

You got guys like MCW taking minimum contracts when he's easily superior to Tyus ****ing jones, a bench player for a team that didn't come even close to sniffing the playoffs this year. He's a scrub ffs.
Did you just say MCW is better than Tyus Jones?

NBAGOAT
07-01-2019, 04:01 PM

you're underrating tyus man. Even with a bad year, his defense is fantastic. I dont think he gets much more than 5mil with how little cap space is left however

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 04:01 PM

Lay out your case.

I can tell you that the Wizards quickly cleaned up their mistake and traded him for 2 expiring contract, one of which signed for the Knicks and the other we're still waiting to see what happens.

But I was laughing more at the Wall supermax, I like Otto Porter. Good defender, good shooter, his contract is definitely the better one between the two.

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 04:02 PM
Did you just say MCW is better than Tyus Jones?

First it was that Rondo does everything better than Bev...now it is that MCW is easily better than Jones.

My god...and on a basketball forum as well...it takes work to be this ignorant.

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 04:03 PM
you're underrating tyus man. Even with a bad year, his defense is fantastic. I dont think he gets much more than 5mil with how little cap space is left however

To be fair, maybe I am considering at this point dmavs is just getting on my nerves, but you and me both agree he's a $5m/per player.

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 04:04 PM
First it was that Rondo does everything better than Bev...now it is that MCW is easily better than Jones.

My god...and on a basketball forum as well...it takes work to be this ignorant.

1st scrub pg that came to mind who signed a minimum this offseason, but go ahead and dwell on that.

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 04:05 PM
I can tell you that the Wizards quickly cleaned up their mistake and traded him for 2 expiring contract, one of which signed for the Knicks and the other we're still waiting to see what happens.

But I was laughing more at the Wall supermax, I like Otto Porter. Good defender, good shooter, his contract is definitely the better one between the two.

Definitely agree with the bold.

My opinion on Wall probably mirrors yours actually...I said they should have traded him if the main goal was the title. Which I'm assuming you agree with given what you've said...that they should have traded him before the extension.

I wrote a lot about that at the time.

However, Wall was really good back then and it is hard to sell your fanbase on moving your "franchise player" in the heart of his prime with what looked to be a really solid core 3 of Wall/Beal/Porter...

So I can't hate on the Wizards too much for that decision.

That was one of the genuinely difficult team building decisions that wasn't clear cut at all...depending on the ultimate goals.

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 04:07 PM
1st scrub pg that came to mind who signed a minimum this offseason, but go ahead and dwell on that.

But that is the point, stop picking guys that are easily worse.

Jones had a rough year, but the Wolves were a joke as a team. His play the previous year was really really good.

He's not a scrub.

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 04:07 PM
[/B]

Definitely agree with the bold.

My opinion on Wall probably mirrors yours actually...I said they should have traded him if the main goal was the title. Which I'm assuming you agree with given what you've said...that they should have traded him before the extension.

I wrote a lot about that at the time.

However, Wall was really good back then and it is hard to sell your fanbase on moving your "franchise player" in the heart of his prime with what looked to be a really solid core 3 of Wall/Beal/Porter...

So I can't hate on the Wizards too much for that decision.

That was one of the genuinely difficult team building decisions that wasn't clear cut at all...depending on the ultimate goals.

Absolutely agree. ****ed if you do, ****ed if you don't...I don't remember if there were any rumors of a team actually offering a decent package for him at the time.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-01-2019, 04:08 PM
I think they'd be pretty good just as is, but DLo/Curry would get torched on defense. Nightly.

Guess they cant trade him until January? Whatever the case, the Warriors gotta shore up their defense.

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 04:10 PM
Absolutely agree. ****ed if you do, ****ed if you don't...I don't remember if there were any rumors of a team actually offering a decent package for him at the time.

Finally we agree on something.

I don't think he was ever shopped, but somebody would have traded for him.

Everyone laughs now, but Wall was really ****ing good back then. Not a championship first option, but a really damn good player.

Wizards, for all their flaws and mistakes, shouldn't get killed for the Wall contract. Total revisionist history to pretend like one or the other was obvious.

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 04:10 PM
But that is the point, stop picking guys that are easily worse.

Jones had a rough year, but the Wolves were a joke as a team. His play the previous year was really really good.

He's not a scrub.

The golden rule of the NBA applies here: You're only as good as your last season played. Of course not counting injured players, which I'm unaware if Tyus was? I remember him playing quite often, starting occasionally even. Definitely was given a bigger role than the previous season.

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 04:11 PM
I think they'd be pretty good just as is, but DLo/Curry would get torched on defense. Nightly.

Guess they cant trade him until January? Whatever the case, the Warriors gotta shore up their defense.

Yea, they can experiment and see how it looks and perhaps drive up his value even more.

As long as Curry/Green are healthy....I bet they still win a lot of games.

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 04:12 PM
The golden rule of the NBA applies here: You're only as good as your last season played. Of course not counting injured players, which I'm unaware if Tyus was? I remember him playing quite often, starting occasionally even. Definitely was given a bigger role than the previous season.

I think that is fair.

However, don't you think we should give him a little benefit of the doubt given how dysfunctional the Wolves have been?

I do also think he battled some injuries during the year iirc.

NBAGOAT
07-01-2019, 04:13 PM

december 15 according to reddit. I think they keep him for a year, maybe they want to give klay as much time off as possible. Dray's going have to put in more effort than he did 3 or 4 years however for the defense to be top 10 since looney is likely gone too

Bosnian Sajo
07-01-2019, 04:13 PM
Finally we agree on something.

I don't think he was ever shopped, but somebody would have traded for him.

Everyone laughs now, but Wall was really ****ing good back then. Not a championship first option, but a really damn good player.

Wizards, for all their flaws and mistakes, shouldn't get killed for the Wall contract. Total revisionist history to pretend like one or the other was obvious.

Dude....we've agreed on shit the vast majority of times we've interacted on ISH, it's this D'angelo bullshit and Pat's worth that we've been polar opposites on.

Even the D'angelo thing, that doesn't make me an "uneducated bball fan" for saying he had other options vs you saying he didn't!! lmfao it genuinely irks me, I'm not ashamed to admit when something gets on my nerves lol.

Is what it is man. Now we can sip on wine and go back to punishing ISH trolls.

AAAAAAANd it's 4pm, I'll see yall tomorrow :cheers:

D-Wait
07-01-2019, 05:06 PM

:biggums: :biggums:

They would be much worse...

RealSkipBayless
07-01-2019, 05:23 PM

Let me guess this surface level thinking. It's good to spend half your cap on a locker room problem in Wall because who knows when you'll get another star. It was good that the Wizards matched because its either you overpay or lose him. I mean clearly they were on the cusp of a championship after being smacked by the (Hawks or Nets?) early in the playoffs. Bucks maxing Middleton this offseason makes sense. That is when you overpay..

They are fortunate that they were able to mitigate some of the consequences that you advocated for. They could be paying out the ass in luxury tax with no shot. Even OKC this offseason wants to shed salary and they are better than the Wizards ever were. Though they are stuck with Wall.. But even with the Wizards now reduced to "waiting out the wall contract and build around Beal". I'm sure you won't concede. No point continuing this.

NBAGOAT
07-01-2019, 05:28 PM
Let me guess this surface level thinking. It's good to spend half your cap on a locker room problem in Wall because who knows when you'll get another star. It was good that the Wizards matched because its either you overpay or lose him. I mean clearly they were on the cusp of a championship after being smacked by the (Hawks or Nets?) early in the playoffs. Bucks maxing Middleton this offseason makes sense. That is when you overpay..

They are fortunate that they were able to mitigate some of the consequences that you advocated for. They could be paying out the ass in luxury tax with no shot. Even OKC this offseason wants to shed salary and they are better than the Wizards ever were. Though they are stuck with Wall.. But even with the Wizards now reduced to "waiting out the wall contract and build around Beal". I'm sure you won't concede. No point continuing this.

they lost in 7 to the the celtics. definitely farther than the bucks are from winning but 2nd tierish contenders. Like denver just gave up 5yrs 170 to murray and no one blames them and wash was in a similar position roughly.

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 05:47 PM

I'm not sure why you are talking about Wall. I repeatedly said that if the overriding goal was winning the title...then they should move him immediately as his trade value would never be higher.

I'm just not an idiot and I know building out a team is far more complex than that because selling your fanbase on moving your franchise player in the heart of his prime is difficult.

As for Porter...matching was a must because he was a really good young player and you had no means of improving the roster for at least 2 years if you let him walk. And, if you need to move him if something happens (as it did), you can move him for positive or neutral value. Again, I'm just not following what damage the Porter contract did...they didn't lose cap space and they got a pick in return...it literally didn't do one thing to hurt the team.

Concede what? You really going to argue that the Wizards for sure should have traded a 26 year old 23/11/4 player in the heart of his prime?

Again, I'd understand if they had...but arguing it was an easy decision is absurd.

Please explain your position though...you haven't at all yet.

hold this L
07-01-2019, 07:07 PM
This makes a lot more sense than D'lo joining. Question is what they get for him. A proper 3 that can defend and drop 3s and two quality bench players would be huge for this team. Esp a scoring player off the bench. It was the Curry and Klay show once KD went down last playoffs, some awful team building by Myers.

I miss the logo, Lacob was an arrogant ass clown to let him go. But I guess it's better to let your clueless son play with the big boys. :facepalm

Achilleas
07-01-2019, 07:27 PM
Lol DLo is the GOAT of blowing up relationships that involve an Iggy

RealSkipBayless
07-01-2019, 10:35 PM
I'll break it down further with an example.

Team 1
John Wall is a clear locker room problem. Clashes with Beal. Team feels they perform better without him etc. Clearly not a #1 option on a championship team and unworthy of the supermax. They go all in anyway and overpay Wall and Porter. Healthy Wall or not that core was not going to do anything. The result of this? The Wizards will be irrelevant for the next decade.

Team 2
Demarcus Cousins is a clear locker room problem. Ruining the environment and chemistry of the team etc. Not a #1 option on a championship team type of material. The Kings do the smart thing and say we are not going to give you the supermax, and trade him. The Kings today? Have the best young core in the league besides New Orleans.

Being in the 10th-14th best team in the NBA gets you nowhere. I'm over this. Can't spoonfeed it to folks anymore. :oldlol:

DMAVS41
07-01-2019, 10:43 PM
I'll break it down further with an example.

Team 1
John Wall is a clear locker room problem. Clashes with Beal. Team feels they perform better without him etc. Clearly not a #1 option on a championship team and unworthy of the supermax. They go all in anyway and overpay Wall and Porter. Healthy Wall or not that core was not going to do anything. The result of this? The Wizards will be irrelevant for the next decade.

Team 2
Demarcus Cousins is a clear locker room problem. Ruining the environment and chemistry of the team etc. Not a #1 option on a championship team type of material. The Kings do the smart thing and say we are not going to give you the supermax, and trade him. The Kings today? Have the best young core in the league besides New Orleans.

Being in the 10th-14th best team in the NBA gets you nowhere. I'm over this. Can't spoonfeed it to folks anymore. :oldlol:

I'm not sure you even took the time to read my post.

I absolutely support the position that the Wizards should have traded Wall. Like I said, I actually advocated for this if winning was the main goal...so you are arguing with a ghost on that.

My only point was that is was not some absurd move for a franchise to lock up their stud 26 year old beloved franchise player by the fans at the time.

Would I have done if it winning was all I cared about as the owner? Nope, and I wrote extensively about it at the time, but that is easier said than done in reality if you break up a really good core 3 all under 27 years old.

I literally wrote the line "the problem with this team is Ian and Wall" like 100 times in the past.

As for Porter...I'm still waiting to hear how that hurt them. They didn't waste any cap at the time or in the future...and were able to unload him for slightly positive value.

Could you explain how signing Porter hurt them? I think we pretty much agree about Wall mostly, but I haven't heard you say anything in terms of how Porter hurt them.

Please explain.

Lastly, Boogie is a bit of a different example, but I agree with your point. Problem is...that doesn't always work. Take a look at the Wolves...they got a better package than Wall would have gotten you...and they haven't done shit and the pick they got for Love has been a disaster and they are stuck with him for a long time now.

Again, team building in certain situations is really hard. Sometimes it is clear as day like paying Mozgov and Deng was stupid. That was clear and obviously dumb from the jump, but some nuance is required when it comes to Wall and the Wizards.

Ca$H
07-01-2019, 10:53 PM
Hypothetically let's say DLO excels in the Warriors system playing with Curry and makes another all star team. Could the Warriors fleece the T Wolves in a trade at the deadline?

Warriors get Covington(great contract), Dieng(bad contract), Culver, Okogie, and a 2020 unprotected 1st round pick.

GimmeThat
07-02-2019, 01:31 AM
they want picks all in the same year, or so the book says when you have one of the best PG in the NBA

vet minimum incoming

k0kakw0rld
07-02-2019, 08:05 PM
Lol DLo is the GOAT of blowing up relationships that involve an Iggy
Clever :applause:

BallsOut
07-02-2019, 08:29 PM
december 15 according to reddit. I think they keep him for a year, maybe they want to give klay as much time off as possible. Dray's going have to put in more effort than he did 3 or 4 years however for the defense to be top 10 since looney is likely gone too

Looney re-signed with GS yesterday. Not sure what you're talking about.

Im so nba'd out
06-27-2022, 10:09 AM
:biggums: :biggums:

They would be much worse...

https://i.postimg.cc/pVkLP16t/9-AD0-DB1-E-E2-EC-41-B3-8-E45-779-A83-DFC474.jpg

Im so nba'd out
06-27-2022, 10:13 AM
Wiggins is trash.

You bron stans are so low IQ hahahha
https://i.postimg.cc/NfgbHLDH/205984-C4-3804-464-B-9-D5-C-1273-EC3-AF6-A2.png

1987_Lakers
06-27-2022, 10:35 AM

hold this L
06-27-2022, 11:20 AM
Nick Wrong had one of the worst takes in NBA history with that. It's amazing this idiot has a platform.

Wally450
06-27-2022, 11:58 AM
Nick Wrong had one of the worst takes in NBA history with that. It's amazing this idiot has a platform.

Completely agree.

FKAri
06-27-2022, 12:34 PM

He's not paid to be right or even be coherent.

Spursm8 will obviously never own up to this.