PDA

View Full Version : 32mil for kwahi or 32mil for beverley+danny green + Nerlens noel ?

bobopenguin
06-29-2019, 01:41 AM
team of:

C: Davis
PF: Kuz
SF: Leborn
SG: Kawhi
PG: J.Lin

6th: vet minimums/undrafted rookies
Bench: vet minimums/undrafted rookies

vs

C: Nerlens noel
PF: Davis
SF: Leborn
SG: Danny Green
PG: Beverley

6th: Kuz
Bench: J.Lin
Bench: vet minimums/undrafted rookies

I personally prefer 2nd team... 1st team literally has no depth.. if any of starters injured.. then that's it..
2nd team is fking hardcore on defense, something Vogel will like.

by the way, lakers first whole team practise today.
https://i.ibb.co/TYd3KNx/qNuw1i9l.jpg

bladefd
06-29-2019, 02:11 AM
With team 1, you can still get Beverly on full MLE I believe (I know he wants 13-14mil but he might not get that). 9mil is what I read MLE is in 2019-20. Then you have Biannual Exception of like $4mil. Then you go into vets minimum and rookies.

So I feel like if you can get Kawhi, you get him and figure out the rest later.

RealSkipBayless
06-29-2019, 02:23 AM
It is a bit riskier to be top heavier with stars that have had injury problems but the idea of heaving AD + Kawhi for the next decade is just too good to pass up.

Filling out the roster won't be too hard.

Beverly is the #1 person to go after with the MLE. If not then we can just sign Rondo and use it on a center.

For 2-3 we can get a mixture of Lebron's old teammtes (JR Smith, Shumpert, Korver) Might bring back Lance. We also have KCP's bird rights to go over the cap for..

Fill out the rest with maybe Burke, Mike Scott etc... (bring back pau gasol? :banana:)

RealSkipBayless
06-29-2019, 02:25 AM
[Quote]There are guys out there who are lining up to join the Lakers, even if they

GimmeThat
06-29-2019, 02:35 AM
LeBron is no spring chicken

StrongLurk
06-29-2019, 10:59 AM
If the Lakers can get Kawhi...then you get Kawhi.

AD and Kawhi locked in for the future would be massive regardless of Lebron.

BUT, if you can't get Kawhi, then no other free agent is worth getting over 3-4 solid role players to fill out the rest of the Lakers roster.

RRR3
06-29-2019, 11:00 AM
If the Lakers can get Kawhi...then you get Kawhi.

AD and Kawhi locked in for the future would be massive regardless of Lebron.

BUT, if you can't get Kawhi, then no other free agent is worth getting over 3-4 solid role players to fill out the rest of the Lakers roster.
Agree 100%

qrich
06-29-2019, 11:18 AM
With team 1, you can still get Beverly on full MLE I believe (I know he wants 13-14mil but he might not get that). 9mil is what I read MLE is in 2019-20. Then you have Biannual Exception of like $4mil. Then you go into vets minimum and rookies.

So I feel like if you can get Kawhi, you get him and figure out the rest later.

Lakers don't have the MLE nor the BAE. Those are reserved for over the cap teams.

Lakers would only have the room exception, at about $4M after utilizing cap space.

Bev also wants 3/40, which he will easily get.

AirTupac
06-29-2019, 11:20 AM
Lakers don't have the MLE nor the BAE. Those are reserved for over the cap teams.

Lakers would only have the room exception, at about $4M after utilizing cap space.

Lakers can get MLE you RETARD :roll: :roll: :roll:

qrich
06-29-2019, 11:21 AM
Lakers can get MLE you RETARD :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sure, if they operate as an over the cap team, meaning they have no cap space.

But then again, why am I responding to someone who thought they ODd on a blunt.....ffs, it wasn't even blunts. A singular blunt.

ArbitraryWater
06-29-2019, 11:25 AM
https://clutchpoints.com/lakers-rumors-brian-windhorst-says-free-agents-lining-up-play-los-angeles/ :banana: :banana:

thats nice, but the idea of bringing back smith/korver/shump sucks.

AirTupac
06-29-2019, 11:27 AM
Sure, if they operate as an over the cap team, meaning they have no cap space.

But then again, why am I responding to someone who thought they ODd on a blunt.....ffs, it wasn't even blunts. A singular blunt.

I mean you'd have to be a complete inept retard to think Lakers aren't going to get an MLE to use. God Clipper fans are braindead. Go enjoy Clipper legend Lou Williams and Gallanari while you celebrate 8th seed LOL!!!

qrich
06-29-2019, 01:28 PM
I mean you'd have to be a complete inept retard to think Lakers aren't going to get an MLE to use. God Clipper fans are braindead. Go enjoy Clipper legend Lou Williams and Gallanari while you celebrate 8th seed LOL!!!

Explain how buddy boy

RealSkipBayless
06-29-2019, 02:14 PM
thats nice, but the idea of bringing back smith/korver/shump sucks.
For vet min guys? I don't think there are better options out there.

bladefd
06-29-2019, 03:58 PM
It is a bit riskier to be top heavier with stars that have had injury problems but the idea of heaving AD + Kawhi for the next decade is just too good to pass up.

Filling out the roster won't be too hard.

Beverly is the #1 person to go after with the MLE. If not then we can just sign Rondo and use it on a center.

For 2-3 we can get a mixture of Lebron's old teammtes (JR Smith, Shumpert, Korver) Might bring back Lance. We also have KCP's bird rights to go over the cap for..

Fill out the rest with maybe Burke, Mike Scott etc... (bring back pau gasol? :banana:)

No, you have to renounce KCP's cap hold to sign a max. You have to renounce everyone with a cap hold so KCP would become a free-agent I believe

bladefd
06-29-2019, 04:00 PM

If Lakers sign a max, say Kawhi or Kyrie, they can unlock MLE & BAE by going over the cap

qrich
06-29-2019, 04:35 PM
If Lakers sign a max, say Kawhi or Kyrie, they can unlock MLE & BAE by going over the cap

The Lakers can have the MLE and BAE, however, that digs into their cap space.

In order to have enough raw cap to acquire Kawhi/Kyrie or any other max level guy, they need to renounce the MLE, BAE and any TPEs they may have.

No way to get it back after renouncing

bladefd
06-29-2019, 04:50 PM
The Lakers can have the MLE and BAE, however, that digs into their cap space.

In order to have enough raw cap to acquire Kawhi/Kyrie or any other max level guy, they need to renounce the MLE, BAE and any TPEs they may have.

No way to get it back after renouncing

Renounce MLE/BAE? What are you talking about? Link me to source

qrich
06-29-2019, 06:03 PM
Renounce MLE/BAE? What are you talking about? Link me to source

I'm talking NBA....go on Coons site. Here's an excerpt

If a team is below the cap, then their Disabled Player, Bi-Annual, Mid-Level and/or Traded Player exceptions are added to their team salary, and the league treats the team as though they are over the cap. This is to prevent a loophole, in a manner similar to free agent amounts (see question numbers 29, 30, 31, 32). A team can't act like they're under the cap and sign free agents using cap room, and then use their Disabled Player, Bi-Annual, Mid-Level and/or Traded Player exceptions. Consequently, the exceptions are added to their team salary (putting the team over the cap) if the team is under the cap and adding the exceptions puts them over the cap. If a team is already over the cap, then the exceptions are not added to their team salary. There would be no point in doing so, since there is no cap room for signing free agents.

So being under the cap does not necessarily mean a team has room to sign free agents. For example, assume the cap is $49.5 million, and a team has $43 million committed to salaries. They also have a Mid-Level exception for $5 million and a Traded Player exception for $5.5 million. Even though their salaries put them $6.5 million under the cap, their exceptions are added to their salaries, putting them at $53.5 million, or $4 million over the cap. So they actually have no cap room to sign free agents, and instead must use their exceptions.

Teams have the option of renouncing their exceptions in order to claim the cap room. So in the example above, if the team renounced their Traded Player and Mid-Level exceptions, then the $10.5 million is taken off their team salary, which then totals $43 million, leaving them with $6.5 million of cap room which can then be used to sign free agent(s). Starting January 10 of each season, the Mid-Level, Bi-Annual, Larry Bird, Early-Bird and Non-Bird exceptions begin to reduce in value. For example, if there are 180 days in the season, then these exceptions (if they are still unused) reduce by 1/180 of their initial value each day starting January 10. If a team uses their $5 million Mid-Level exception on February 1, then the exception is actually worth $4,361,111.

The Disabled Player, Bi-Annual, Mid-Level and Traded Player exceptions may be lost entirely, or the team may never receive them to begin with. This happens when their team salary is so low that when the exceptions are added to the team salary, the sum is still below the salary cap. If the team salary is below this level when the exception arises, then the team doesn't get the exception. If the team salary ever drops below this level during the year, then any exceptions they had are lost.

For example, with a $49.5 million salary cap, assume it's the offseason, and a team has $41 million committed to salaries, along with a Mid-Level exception for $5 million, a Traded Player exception for $2.5 million, and an unrenounced free agent whose free agent amount is $2 million. Their salaries and exceptions total $50.5 million, or $1 million over the cap. What if their free agent signs with another team? The $2 million free agent amount comes off their cap, so their team salary drops to $48.5 million. This total is below the cap so the team loses its Mid-Level and Traded Player exceptions.

There is logic behind this. The whole idea behind an "exception" is that it is an exception to the rule which says a team has to be below the salary cap. In other words, an exception is a mechanism which allows a team to function above the cap. If a team isn't over the cap, then the concept of an exception is moot. Therefore, if a team's team salary ever drops this far, its exceptions go away. The effect is that a team may have either exceptions or cap room, but they can't have both.

toxicxr6
06-29-2019, 08:25 PM
Beverley is said to be looking for a contract 3 years in the 40-45m range

Danny green has come out and said he wants the biggest contract he can get as it will probably be his last one. Which likely will be in the same range as Beverly.

So that is probably going to be 25-30m gone already

qrich
06-29-2019, 10:28 PM
Not surprising the Laker duo pulls a Bran after facts bitch slap em

bladefd
06-30-2019, 02:22 AM
Not surprising the Laker duo pulls a Bran after facts bitch slap em

Quick research shows there is something called room exception

https://www.12up.com/posts/explaining-the-nba-s-mid-level-exception-01defm7j8hcy

I need to research this further because I never heard of room exception until today. I don't know if Lakers would be eligible for that

qrich
06-30-2019, 02:28 AM
Quick research shows there is something called room exception

https://www.12up.com/posts/explaining-the-nba-s-mid-level-exception-01defm7j8hcy

I need to research this further because I never heard of room exception until today. I don't know if Lakers would be eligible for that

Room exception is roughly 4.5M (I think a bit higher this year) and is reserved for teams after they utilize all cap space.

Lakers will have the room exception and minimum contracts to fill out the roster

GimmeThat
06-30-2019, 02:42 AM
so the cap is cleared only for 5 year deals, or you hire the circus

Trollsmasher
06-30-2019, 08:25 AM
3 stars on max contracts are just redundant - ultimately one of these guys will have to settle for 14 FGA per game which will not only be an inefficient use of your money but it will also breed resentment

i'd rather have some depth

bladefd
06-30-2019, 03:47 PM
Room exception is roughly 4.5M (I think a bit higher this year) and is reserved for teams after they utilize all cap space.

Lakers will have the room exception and minimum contracts to fill out the roster

We can still have 'Non-Tax Mid-Level Exception' if we don't max out our salaries, correct? Sign Beverley and Seth Curry and you don't have to renounce MLE since you are still below the cap threshold. You could if you want, but you don't have to.. I feel after reading that excerpt you posted that you don't actually have to renounce MLE if you are below the cap limit

qrich
06-30-2019, 03:51 PM
We can still have 'Non-Tax Mid-Level Exception' if we don't max out our salaries, correct? Sign Beverley and Seth Curry and you don't have to renounce MLE since you are still below the cap threshold. You could if you want, but you don't have to.. I feel after reading that excerpt you posted that you don't actually have to renounce MLE if you are below the cap limit

The MLE counts as a cap hold of the amount.

So, say, the MLE is $5M and you have $3M in cap space, you can either renounce the MLE and have $8M in cap for one player OR keep both and have $5M for one guy and $3M for another.

I'm not sure the Lakers are in a position as to where they can keep the MLE, in a way where it is actually advantageous. I believe the MLE is $10M, so if the Lakers are projected at $32M in cap, but want to keep the MLE, they then have $22M in raw cap + the MLE.

Ultimately, making no difference

ImKobe
06-30-2019, 03:54 PM
3 stars on max contracts are just redundant - ultimately one of these guys will have to settle for 14 FGA per game which will not only be an inefficient use of your money but it will also breed resentment

i'd rather have some depth

Warriors did just fine with Klay/Steph/KD. All 3 guys put up 20+ a game and shined whenever. Lebron + Kawhi + AD is a more talented trio overall on both ends. Kawhi and AD are both elite defensive players and Lebron himself is someone who used to be a good defensive player. All three have size and elite athletic ability, that's amazing for the defensive end. You add Danny Green and maybe a Patrick Beverley to the mix and that's a championship roster.

On the other hand, I am in favor of just rounding out the roster and not having 3 guys with recent health issues on max deals, but then I'm thinking ahead a couple years and I don't want to be left with just AD. If we got AD and Kawhi both locked up for 2-3 years each post-Lebron, that's a lot of Playoff games and possibly rings for my team.

bladefd
06-30-2019, 04:09 PM
The MLE counts as a cap hold of the amount.

So, say, the MLE is $5M and you have $3M in cap space, you can either renounce the MLE and have $8M in cap for one player OR keep both and have $5M for one guy and $3M for another.

I'm not sure the Lakers are in a position as to where they can keep the MLE, in a way where it is actually advantageous. I believe the MLE is $10M, so if the Lakers are projected at $32M in cap, but want to keep the MLE, they then have $22M in raw cap + the MLE.

Ultimately, making no difference

I don't think either of us know for certain the most optimal scenario because we have not closely studied the CBA. Pelinka knows better than either of us, and Lakers also have a capologist working under him, and he makes a living off this. https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status/1145063604829343745