PDA

View Full Version : Coach of the Year finalists announced

Hey Yo
06-23-2019, 11:47 AM
NBA
‏Verified account
@NBA
14 minutes ago

The three finalists for NBA Coach of the Year... Mike Budenholzer, Michael Malone, and Doc Rivers!

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1142817187117391872

bison
06-23-2019, 11:55 AM
All the year end award candidates were announced a while back http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=467394

jayfan
06-23-2019, 11:57 AM
Just as absurd as announcing MVP after the playoffs.

Here we have rookie head coach, who just coached a team to its first ever championship. And he's not even a finalist for COY, even though it hasn't been awarded yet.

It's an absolute joke & embarrassment.

If you're determined to keep it a regular season award, you have to give the award before the 1st round ends.

LukeWalton
06-23-2019, 09:46 PM
NBA
‏Verified account
@NBA
14 minutes ago

The three finalists for NBA Coach of the Year... Mike Budenholzer, Michael Malone, and Doc Rivers!

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1142817187117391872

all good choices but my order would be

Mike, then Mike, then Doc

MrFonzworth
06-23-2019, 10:08 PM
all good choices but my order would be

Mike, then Mike, then Doc
What case does Mike have over Mike?

Spurs m8
06-23-2019, 11:11 PM

Here we have rookie head coach, who just coached a team to its first ever championship. And he's not even a finalist for COY, even though it hasn't been awarded yet.

If you're determined to keep it a regular season award, you have to give the award before the 1st round ends.

I mean, James Harden won an MVP.

Thats enough to never pay attention to the awards ever again....they literally mean nothing

Celtics 1825
06-23-2019, 11:34 PM
I mean, James Harden won an MVP.

Thats enough to never pay attention to the awards ever again....they literally mean nothing
Well they're regular season awards. And as much as Harden fails and chokes in the playoffs, he IS a very good regular season player.

Vino24
06-23-2019, 11:40 PM
Should be Doc. They were trying to tank :oldlol:

coin24
06-24-2019, 02:14 AM
Does anyone seriously watch that shit??

Needs to be before the playoffs , award them at the teams final
Home game so that they and the crowd can enjoy it.

Let me guess that idiot Rachel Nichols has something to do with it, cringe bitch.

LostCause
06-24-2019, 05:32 AM

This

sportjames23
06-24-2019, 06:22 AM

Co-sign

FKAri
06-24-2019, 08:45 AM

I was thinking maybe they should add a playoffs version of all the awards but then no one would care about the regular season versions. And then you'd create a break in the awards lineage. It'd also mean players and fans caring even less about the regular season which would further take us in the direction of coasting, resting, and devaluing of marquee regular season matchups.