PDA

View Full Version : 30.5 on 41.4%..... 34.3% from 3..... Dingo figured out and exploited

3ball
06-14-2019, 04:58 AM
:roll:

Heck, MJ won Finals shooting better from 3 than Curry, and we already know Curry's defense also lost his team the championship - so he lost it on both ends

His skill wins 3-point contests, not championships (unless he has Durant or the other team is injured)

He's easy to exploit - simple shading and good rotations shuts him and his team down.. and he can't go to the post or anywhere in 2-pt land to adjust

Inferno
06-14-2019, 05:10 AM
If you actually watched the series you

Elosha
06-14-2019, 07:08 AM
:roll:

Heck, MJ won Finals shooting better from 3 than Curry, and we already know Curry's defense also lost his team the championship - so he lost it on both ends

His skill wins 3-point contests, not championships (unless he has Durant or the other team is injured)

He's easy to exploit - simple shading and good rotations shuts him and his team down.. and he can't go to the post or anywhere in 2-pt land to adjust

Sure, Curry can be "limited" in some ways but to suggest he played bad? 30.5 ppg is bad? along good playmaking, and rebounds? I thought his defense was actually respectable too. Also, when you say he can't go to 2-point land ... what?? Curry hit quite a few mid range jumpshots, and floaters in practically every game of the series. However, he along with the Warriors were still over reliant on threes, as explained more below.

I will say that the Warriors mentality (also league wide mentality) to take threes at every opportunity hurt them big time on the last shot Curry missed. You are down by only 1, with 9 seconds and instantly try a 3, even though Curry hadn't shot the 3 particularly well and there was plenty of time to get a better shot, drive, get fouled, kick to an open two point shooter, etc. (Raps were in the penalty). There's something to be said for taking the first open shot, and then try to get the rebound if missed, but it wasn't a particularly open 3, with Serge almost blocking it and closing hard. And WTF, every Warrior when Curry shot was behind the f'in 3 point line. No rebounders in position, no options for post play or a two point shot. :facepalm Today's era of 3 point spamming is so weak in so many situations. The "most efficient era" leaves so much to be designed in developing well rounded basketball skills and game strategy. It only "works" if you have supreme shooters, and really a well balanced team with full/complete basketball skills sets will beat "efficiency" more often than not. Which is why I think even the Warriors, great as they are, would likely lost to a number of great past dynasties, due to their mentality and ignoring of all facets of the game, in favor of constant, obsessive three point shooting.

FKAri
06-14-2019, 09:02 AM
[QUOTE=Inferno]If you actually watched the series you

Mr Feeny
06-14-2019, 09:47 AM
[QUOTE=Inferno]If you actually watched the series you

GimmeThat
06-14-2019, 10:28 AM
lack of hunger resulted in the lack of a draw for attention

warriorfan
06-14-2019, 10:36 AM
Toronto double and tripled him off ball at 30 feet and dared any other warrior to make wide open shots.

Dray shot 26 % from 3
Iguodala shot 30% from 3
DeMarcus Cousins 22% from 3

It worked

bigkingsfan
06-14-2019, 10:39 AM
Curry three point % would be a lot higher if he didn't attempt all those beyond halfcourt heaves. He had three last night.

Add to the fact. MJ was pathetically guarded.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03GT8q3BCZY

Hey Yo
06-14-2019, 10:41 AM
Curry's defense is why undrafted FVV has a FMVP vote :oldlol:
While partially true.... Steph did most of his damage on defense when standing in the corner with Powell or Danny Green.

Hey Yo
06-14-2019, 10:47 AM
Toronto double and tripled him off ball at 30 feet and dared any other warrior to make wide open shots.

Dray shot 26 % from 3
Iguodala shot 30% from 3
DeMarcus Cousins 22% from 3

It worked
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FaroffVictoriousFlyingfox-small.gif

:roll: :roll:

StrongLurk
06-14-2019, 11:31 AM
OP is 44 years old...what a loser.

FireDavidKahn
06-14-2019, 11:33 AM
All Toronto had to do was triple team him on every possession.

DMAVS41
06-14-2019, 11:36 AM
Imagine thinking that 31/5/6 60% TS in the finals against an elite defense with a very limited offensive supporting cast...while also providing the best off-ball impact in NBA history...

Is evidence that a player was "figured out"...and did it all while facing constant doubles off the damn ball.

At least talk about Curry's lackluster on ball defense and inability to fight around and through screens or something...that warrants attention and criticism.

But his overall offense? Dude is on the list for best offensive forces to have ever played.

StrongLurk
06-14-2019, 11:37 AM
Imagine thinking that 31/5/6 60% TS in the finals against an elite defense with a very limited offensive supporting cast...while also providing the best off-ball impact in NBA history...

Is evidence that a player was "figured out"...

At least talk about Curry's lackluster on ball defense and inability to fight around and through screens or something...that warrants attention and criticism.

But his overall offense? Dude is on the list for best offensive forces to have ever played.

OP is 6'7, 44 years old...and all he does is troll on the internet in his down time.

He's a loser.

sammichoffate
06-14-2019, 11:59 AM
OP is 6'7, 44 years old...and all he does is troll on the internet in his down time.

He's a loser.How is anything he said false lol, you can't argue against him so you attack him. Typical ISH :applause:

Phoenix
06-14-2019, 12:08 PM
It didn't show anything that the last 4 years haven't shown during this run. You need the ability to get 'easy' points with volume in the post/midrange/drives if the 3 pointer fails you in those high leverage moments.

StrongLurk
06-14-2019, 12:14 PM
How is anything he said false lol, you can't argue against him so you attack him. Typical ISH :applause:

If Dingo was exploited this year, then so was every single finals player ever except for 5-6 players of all time.

OP is a troll.

31/5/6 on 60TS% is exploited?

NBAGOAT
06-14-2019, 12:16 PM
The warriors put up a 110 ortg without Durant and a game and half of klay. 6 below their rs rtg but 3 above tors rs drtg and Toronto picked up their defense ever since they got gasol.

Tor held mil 6.5 below their rs total(107.2), phi 7.5 below(105.1), and orl a comical 12.5(96.3). They were literally the 2nd best playoff defense ever after the 04 pistons.

Curry

TheMan
06-14-2019, 12:26 PM
Sure, Curry can be "limited" in some ways but to suggest he played bad? 30.5 ppg is bad? along good playmaking, and rebounds? I thought his defense was actually respectable too. Also, when you say he can't go to 2-point land ... what?? Curry hit quite a few mid range jumpshots, and floaters in practically every game of the series. However, he along with the Warriors were still over reliant on threes, as explained more below.

I will say that the Warriors mentality (also league wide mentality) to take threes at every opportunity hurt them big time on the last shot Curry missed. You are down by only 1, with 9 seconds and instantly try a 3, even though Curry hadn't shot the 3 particularly well and there was plenty of time to get a better shot, drive, get fouled, kick to an open two point shooter, etc. (Raps were in the penalty). There's something to be said for taking the first open shot, and then try to get the rebound if missed, but it wasn't a particularly open 3, with Serge almost blocking it and closing hard. And WTF, every Warrior when Curry shot was behind the f'in 3 point line. No rebounders in position, no options for post play or a two point shot. :facepalm Today's era of 3 point spamming is so weak in so many situations. The "most efficient era" leaves so much to be designed in developing well rounded basketball skills and game strategy. It only "works" if you have supreme shooters, and really a well balanced team with full/complete basketball skills sets will beat "efficiency" more often than not. Which is why I think even the Warriors, great as they are, would likely lost to a number of great past dynasties, due to their mentality and ignoring of all facets of the game, in favor of constant, obsessive three point shooting.
Thank you :applause: :applause: :applause:

Great post, I've said it a few times here before but never this eloquent :bowdown:

I said a while back that GSWs GOAT team my ass, the 86 Celtics would destroy these Warriors...

Honestly, jacking up 3pters no matter the situation is low IQ basketball. Back in my day, you take shots like that and you'd find yourself in the coach's doghouse but fans are now used to it and both teams try to outdo each other on dumb shots.

StrongLurk
06-14-2019, 12:37 PM

Great post, I've said it a few times here before but never this eloquent :bowdown:

I said a while back that GSWs GOAT team my ass, the 86 Celtics would destroy these Warriors...

Honestly, jacking up 3pters no matter the situation is low IQ basketball. Back in my day, you take shots like that and you'd find yourself in the coach's doghouse but fans are now used to it and both teams try to outdo each other on dumb shots.

No, the Warriors with healthy Durant are basically unbeatable. 17 Warriors were the best team ever IMO. 18 Warriors were great as well. 19 Warriors hard to say due to injuries.

FKAri
06-14-2019, 12:52 PM

Let's cut the trolling and call it like it is. The 86 Celtics would get destroyed by the 2017 Warriors. It's a horrible matchup for them. Current rules are a nightmare for McHale and Parish isn't enough to deter the Warriors' small ball. If you want an avenue to beat the Warriors, the 2 teams that come to mind are the Shaq Lakers and force Warriors to matchup with him or the Bulls (who can defend the perimeter better than probably anyone in history).

Kingwillball
06-14-2019, 01:09 PM
Steph 0-8 in playoffs in career on game winning shots under 20 seconds left..you boy dingo shrivels in big moments..

Showtime80'
06-14-2019, 01:11 PM
Nice recap Elosha!

People really don't realize that the modern NBA has basically become a supped up version of the late 80's- early 90's Nuggets. A league living and dying with running it up and down and heaving 25+ jump shots.

That style of play WOULD NEVER beat the complete great teams of the 80's, 90's and early 2000's which had diverse offensive attacks and also brought the physicality on the defensive end. Go ask the potent offenses of the early 90's Blazers and Suns how they did in the Finals against Detroit and Chicago!

With today's rules the Warriors and Raptors may be extend a series against those teams to maybe 5 or 6 games at the most but with the rules of the 80's to 2000's they GET SWEPT by every single one of those teams!!!

At the end of the day no duo today stacks up to Magic/Kareem, Bird/McHale, Jordan/Pippen or Shaq/Kobe.

paksat
06-14-2019, 01:19 PM
Let's cut the trolling and call it like it is. The 86 Celtics would get destroyed by the 2017 Warriors. It's a horrible matchup for them. Current rules are a nightmare for McHale and Parish isn't enough to deter the Warriors' small ball. If you want an avenue to beat the Warriors, the 2 teams that come to mind are the Shaq Lakers and force Warriors to matchup with him or the Bulls (who can defend the perimeter better than probably anyone in history).

lol mchale and parish would score at will

you either make a 3 or get blown out by 50

AlternativeAcc.
06-14-2019, 01:20 PM
All of his points were meaningless... literally a meaningless 30ppg on horrible efficiency while getting smoked by Van Vleet and Lowry all series...

Curry really really sucks..

sdot_thadon
06-14-2019, 02:19 PM
sure he was exposed

30.5 on 41.4%..... 34.3% from 3

very reminiscent of
27.3 on 41.5%......31.6% from 3

anybody wanna take a wild guess who the 2nd set of stats belong to in the finals?

Steph did what Steph could do. The Raptors were completely selling out on the catch to stop him from having even the smallest amount of daylight. I hate to say his but i don't recall Mj ever being defended this way in a finals, which is crazy to admit. No team feared Mj getting his the way they fear Curry getting in a groove.

tontoz
06-14-2019, 03:00 PM
If Dingo was exploited this year, then so was every single finals player ever except for 5-6 players of all time.

OP is a troll.

31/5/6 on 60TS% is exploited?

The village idiot still doesn't understand grade school math.