PDA

View Full Version : Zion should go back to Duke for 1 more year

MontaHardaway
05-15-2019, 01:58 AM
It's honestly a much better option for his development as a player and a person. The 1 pick could not have gone to a worse team. They need to shut the Pelicans down/relocate to Seattle for basketball reasons before more careers are destroyed.

Uncle Drew
05-15-2019, 02:04 AM
I agree.

imdaman99
05-15-2019, 02:15 AM
:lol that would be a f u to adam silver and his reforming of lost franchise's ways.

scuzzy
05-15-2019, 02:16 AM
Louisiana is just a shitty place in general, especially for blacks.

New Orleans is a swamp that technically should be under water and the rural areas outside it are straight hick

Hot, humid, poverty, obesity, religious fanatic, mosquitos. I highly recommend never visiting, Mardi Gras is overrated

UK2K
05-15-2019, 02:32 AM
He cant.

If he returned, hed get roped into the pay for play scandal and be suspended for the season.

UK2K
05-15-2019, 02:32 AM
Louisiana is just a shitty place in general, especially for blacks.

New Orleans is a swamp that technically should be under water and the rural areas outside it are straight hick

Hot, humid, poverty, obesity, religious fanatic, mosquitos. I highly recommend never visiting, Mardi Gras is overrated

Had my bachelor party there. Wild ****ing weekend.

But the city itself smells like shit.

Mardi Gras was fun but I'd never do that again.

bluechox2
05-15-2019, 03:10 AM
The city center is fine but the surrounding areas for miles is ghetto af

scuzzy
05-15-2019, 03:15 AM
That's deep south

So redneck even blacks are hillbillies

UK2K
05-15-2019, 04:02 AM

The city center is one giant homeless camp.

bluechox2
05-15-2019, 04:05 AM
The city center is one giant homeless camp.
I

k0kakw0rld
05-15-2019, 04:07 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

What a time to be alive

Fvck the Knicks, the Lakers, the Cetlics and Philly. :rockon:

Small market teams win :banana:

Im so nba'd out
05-15-2019, 04:12 AM
He would literally make more money staying one extra year and getting to a big market next year than going straight to Nola...I legit dont even get how they have an NBA team over Seattle

RoseCity07
05-15-2019, 04:19 AM
Not sure if trolling but I don't think you can back out of the draft at this point. He doesn't have to play in the NBA but his rights are going to the Pelicans.

scuzzy
05-15-2019, 04:24 AM
Not sure if trolling but I don't think you can back out of the draft at this point. He doesn't have to play in the NBA but his rights are going to the Pelicans.
If he sits out from any kind of professional basketball for a full year, he can re-enter the draft the next year. His rights stay with Pelicans for this year but usually teams will just trade the player because they don't want to get nothing back for their pick

Steve Francis did this to Vancouver

RoseCity07
05-15-2019, 04:28 AM
If he sits out from any kind of professional basketball for a full year, he can re-enter the draft the next year. His rights stay with Pelicans for this year but usually teams will just trade the player because they don't want to get nothing back for their pick

I hate that rule. It would be so stupid for anyone to do that with this much hype but I think the NBA needs to change this. Don't even let that be an option. Zion should understand that he could get injured and ruin his career if he did that.

If he's smart he goes to Pelicans and gets the biggest rookie deal you can get plus sign with Nike or Adidas. He should cash in on the hype.

LAmbruh
05-15-2019, 04:34 AM

What Kobe did

His agent wouldn't let lottery teams including Charlotte, work out Kobe pre-draft

Then obv when he threatened to play in Italy instead of Charlotte.

Hornets were forced to flip him for Vlade or lose rights

ImKobe
05-15-2019, 04:35 AM
What Kobe did

His agent wouldn't let lottery teams including Charlotte, work out Kobe pre-draft

Then obv when he threatened to play in Italy instead of Charlotte.

Hornets were forced to flip him for Vlade or lose rights

:mad: kobe Kobe KOBE KOBE KOBE :mad:

scuzzy
05-15-2019, 04:42 AM
I hate that rule. It would be so stupid for anyone to do that with this much hype but I think the NBA needs to change this. Don't even let that be an option. Zion should understand that he could get injured and ruin his career if he did that.

If he's smart he goes to Pelicans and gets the biggest rookie deal you can get plus sign with Nike or Adidas. He should cash in on the hype.
A big part of what discourages opting out as a rookie, if someone really didn't want to play for a bad team, is that NBA salaries scale up based on years in the league. You can't just sit out for several years and then come in on a max contract, you'd have to start out on the rookie scale.

Zion can still cash in, Lebron became a worldwide mega star in small town Cleveland by his 3rd year

Zion, AD, Randle frontcourt is no joke

talkingconch
05-15-2019, 04:57 AM
No.

He is set to make millions and get good endorsements.

bluechox2
05-15-2019, 05:16 AM
Future jacked up version of gianis

MontaHardaway
05-15-2019, 04:32 PM
I just saw on the Jump that he is indeed eligible to return to Duke and can back out of this year's draft.

It's a very easy and smart choice: return to Duke without deadweight RJ Barrett and likely win the NCAA tournament or go to the NBA in a wasted rookie season missing the playoffs with cuck David Griffin failing to surround him with any significant teammates(as he did for Lebron).

Not only that, it's a smarter decision for his longevity as a player. If he goes back to Duke, he can bully the NCAA players physically like he did last season. If he goes to NO this year, he is very obviously going to take much physical punishment a la Blake Griffin from NBA players not wanting to get facialed. This will break him down physically in the 7-8 non-contending wasted years he'll spend with the Pelicans.

He comes back next year with his game even more polished, a possible NCAA title under his belt, avoids wasting any of his talent on the undeserving Pelicans and ends up being drafted by a more competent franchise. Money is no issue: he's going to recoup anything on endorsements anyway.

bullettooth
05-15-2019, 05:33 PM

He could get injured playing in the NBA or doing next to nothing at all. Andrew Bynum injured his knee BOWLING... :lol

Spurs m8
05-15-2019, 05:36 PM
Number one pick goes to a bad team, well i never.
Its not even that bad.

Fvck me, the mentality of some people on this forum, no wonder they stan Bron.....TOO HARD, SO QUIT

Kids these days :facepalm

MontaHardaway
05-15-2019, 05:52 PM
Number one pick goes to a bad team, well i never.
Its not even that bad.

Fvck me, the mentality of some people on this forum, no wonder they stan Bron.....TOO HARD, SO QUIT

Kids these days :facepalm

Don't take the piss

It's one thing to end up on a bad team record-wise. It is quite another beast to end up with the Pelicans after the ineptitude they've displayed over this past year, especially for a player as potentially as important as Zion. He could be the next Lebron/ face of the league. With NO, his potential will most definitely be squandered and he'll end up as Blake 2.0.

Spurs m8
05-15-2019, 06:35 PM
Don't take the piss

It's one thing to end up on a bad team record-wise. It is quite another beast to end up with the Pelicans after the ineptitude they've displayed over this past year, especially for a player as potentially as important as Zion. He could be the next Lebron/ face of the league. With NO, his potential will most definitely be squandered and he'll end up as Blake 2.0.

Pelicans weren't even that bad over the past year.

Sure, they didn't take a package that was fairly decent, but there was probably deeper, behind the scenes reasons for that....plus, they got rid of the person behind all that anyway

Not their fault LeRoid tried to steal their franchise player and not their fault their franchise player is a fvcking pvssy

theaussieguy
05-15-2019, 06:38 PM
I highly recommend a restaurant called chicken and watermelon if you happen to visit

MontaHardaway
05-15-2019, 07:16 PM
Pelicans weren't even that bad over the past year.

Sure, they didn't take a package that was fairly decent, but there was probably deeper, behind the scenes reasons for that....plus, they got rid of the person behind all that anyway

Not their fault LeRoid tried to steal their franchise player and not their fault their franchise player is a fvcking pvssy

There were no deep behind the scenes reasons. They only did it to spite Klutch Sports and still got nothing in return from any other team i.e. the Celtics, etc.

On top of that they replaced him with David Griffin which doesn't bode well at all for Zion. It still looks as if he's going to walk for nothing just like the Spurs didn't get anything worthwhile in return for Kawhi. Just bad business all around from fussy grudge holding GMs.

It would be for the best for Zion to avoid this nonsense while he can.

E_Stamkos
05-15-2019, 07:44 PM
And risk injury and or not getting that 1st overall pick payday.

Not happening.

bobopenguin
05-15-2019, 07:54 PM
And risk injury and or not getting that 1st overall pick payday.

Not happening.

he can literally sit at home and work out entire year without playing a single game and still get picked first.

Spurs m8
05-15-2019, 07:56 PM
There were no deep behind the scenes reasons. They only did it to spite Klutch Sports and still got nothing in return from any other team i.e. the Celtics, etc.

On top of that they replaced him with David Griffin which doesn't bode well at all for Zion. It still looks as if he's going to walk for nothing just like the Spurs didn't get anything worthwhile in return for Kawhi. Just bad business all around from fussy grudge holding GMs.

It would be for the best for Zion to avoid this nonsense while he can.

Honestly, doing it just to spite the entitled fvckwits at clutch sports is boss as fvck! I tip my hat to the Pels for that!

Fvck Bron thinking he should just getting everything handed to him on a platter, he's done this his whole career.

Pels are fine

E_Stamkos
05-15-2019, 07:57 PM
he can literally sit at home and work out entire year without playing a single game and still get picked first.

Does he get picked first if one of his Nike's blow up at sole again and he shatters his v@gina?

Jay-B
05-15-2019, 09:42 PM
Yeah he will go back and get drafted by the Cavs next year. The draft lottery was dumb, they should of not changed it, he would of been a Knick

bobopenguin
05-15-2019, 10:58 PM
Does he get picked first if one of his Nike's blow up at sole again and he shatters his v@gina?

even if both of his nike's blow up with his left nut shattered completely, he will get picked as no.1.