PDA

View Full Version : What could Ben Simmons fetch back in a trade?

GOBB
05-06-2019, 09:44 PM
What kind of players? Perhaps Cj McCollum, Klay Thompsons of the world straight up no?

Ben Simmons 25
05-06-2019, 09:45 PM
Hey how about you **** yourself? Nobody's trading me, bitch ass.

If Simmons gets any sort of desire to improve his jumper at all and someone smart gets in his ear, he would be the best player in the league in one offseason.

Proctor
05-06-2019, 09:45 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

About the same as Embiid...Skittles and a pack or two of gum.

dazzer87
05-06-2019, 09:46 PM
TWO bag of chips.......

GOBB
05-06-2019, 09:52 PM
Hey how about you **** yourself? Nobody's trading me, bitch ass.

If Simmons gets any sort of desire to improve his jumper at all and someone smart gets in his ear, he would be the best player in the league in one offseason.

He will never get a jumper. And he will always be more passive than aggressive. He

PJR
05-06-2019, 09:54 PM
Not trading anything for 6

Doranku
05-06-2019, 09:54 PM
What's the point in mentioning guys like Klay and McCollum? You think Portland or GS has ANY interest whatsoever in Ben Simmons? :oldlol:

Proctor
05-06-2019, 09:55 PM
What's the point in mentioning guys like Klay and McCollum? You think Portland or GS has ANY interest whatsoever in Ben Simmons? :oldlol:
Gives a new definition to Golden State's "death lineup" :roll: :roll: :roll:

Milbuck
05-06-2019, 09:56 PM
I don't think that highly of him at all but he'd be the 2nd best (realistically available) asset for an Anthony Davis trade, after the #1 overall pick (Zion). As flawed as he is his trade value is still massive. That said the Rich Paul stuff probably kills any trade with the Pelicans.

GOBB
05-06-2019, 09:56 PM

You fail at reading and comprehending. I’m asking what his value is dipshit. Klay and CJ are not franchise players, #1 options. Often looked at as complimentary stars. I simply asked what kind of players and used two as an example. Do you agree or feel he is worth lesser than these caliber of players? That’s how you reply to me. Not with that nonsense. Who raised you?

NBAGOAT
05-06-2019, 09:58 PM
A great role player/lower level star and maybe a pick. Cj and Klay are at that level but I wouldnt want them on this team, too many cooks in the d kitchen. i'm not sure what position to even trade simmons for. A point guard or a sf/pf hybrid and just let jimmy play point. Hypothetically, dray would be ideal but that's never happening

Doranku
05-06-2019, 10:06 PM
You fail at reading and comprehending. I’m asking what his value is dipshit. Klay and CJ are not franchise players, #1 options. Often looked at as complimentary stars. I simply asked what kind of players and used two as an example. Do you agree or feel he is worth lesser than these caliber of players? That’s how you reply to me. Not with that nonsense. Who raised you?

Yes. Nobody is going to trade a valuable piece like McCollum or Klay who are dangerous weapons in the playoffs for a regular reason player.

He's worth a couple decent roleplayers + picks. That's it.

bigkingsfan
05-06-2019, 10:14 PM
Mike Conley

senior

highwhey
05-06-2019, 10:18 PM
you can have tj warren and some picks

FKAri
05-06-2019, 10:32 PM
Not trading anything for 6’10 Rondo
He's a much worse shooter than Rondo ever was. Much, much worse.

If Simmons could shoot, he'd be so damn good tho.

Mask the Embiid
05-06-2019, 10:34 PM
Replace Redick with Oubre and bring back the same exact time i gurantee we win a chip if simmons STOPS STANDING DIRECTLY NEXT TO THE RIM WHEN HE'S OFF THE BALL

Fire brett brown too cause he should of been forced him to space the floor right.

Look idgaf if you shoot the ball when you catch it wide open @ the 3 JUST SPACE THE FKING FLOOR YOU STUPID BITCH

GOBB
05-06-2019, 11:25 PM
He's a much worse shooter than Rondo ever was. Much, much worse.

If Simmons could shoot, he'd be so damn good tho.

He

FKAri
05-06-2019, 11:48 PM
He’s really not. They are one in the same. And we are talking about Boston rondo. Who made it a habit to intentionally pass up layups to pass. Only difference with Boston Rondo and Ben is Rondo took attempts. And they were ugly at the end of the day
Rondo's 1st 2 seasons: 11/48 from 3.

Simmons: 0/17

This is a substantial statistical difference. The probability that a player who is a baseline 11/48 shooter, goes 0/17 is 1 in a 100. Shaq had already made a 3 in as many attempts in his NBA career. He makes Ricky Rubio look like Steve Nash.

GOBB
05-07-2019, 03:41 AM
Rondo's 1st 2 seasons: 11/48 from 3.

Simmons: 0/17

This is a substantial statistical difference. The probability that a player who is a baseline 11/48 shooter, goes 0/17 is 1 in a 100. Shaq had already made a 3 in as many attempts in his NBA career. He makes Ricky Rubio look like Steve Nash.

11-48 is 23%. That

DCL
05-07-2019, 03:46 AM
philly owns the league in drafting #1 picks who can't shoot :lol

iamgine
05-07-2019, 04:37 AM
It's tough cause Simmons can't shoot at all and it will be a specific fit. Milwaukee might not even trade Bledsoe for Simmons even though Simmons might be better. Perhaps an older star wanting out from a small market team needing a PG. Mike Conley?

AintNoSunshine
05-07-2019, 05:22 AM
What kind of players? Perhaps Cj McCollum, Klay Thompsons of the world straight up no?

No chance in hell either team give up CJ or Klay for Ben Simmons straight up.

Lakers can give you Lonzo though, similar caliber player when you factor in Lonzo's defensive impact. Ben Simmons is literally the same player from last year which is extremely disappointing and concerning.

FKAri
05-07-2019, 10:05 AM
[QUOTE=GOBB]11-48 is 23%. That

n00bie
05-07-2019, 10:09 AM
The guy needs to work hard on his jump shot if he's planning to stay in the league. I mean.. at least be able to hit a mid range jumper. Not even expecting him to improve on 3s. Just hit a damn 2.

Derozan couldn't hit 3s and he's still considered a star in this league.

FKAri
05-07-2019, 10:12 AM
The guy needs to work hard on his jump shot if he's planning to stay in the league. I mean.. at least be able to hit a mid range jumper. Not even expecting him to improve on 3s. Just hit a damn 2.

Simmons has a decent (relatively) floater game as well as decent touch around the basket. It's just the jump shooting mechanic is missing from his game for the same reason it's missing from a lot of other bug, athletic guys: They never needed it in HS and college as they could waltz to within 5 feet of the rim.

Ben Simmons 25
05-07-2019, 10:18 AM
Both are failures but who has more ground to cover? Would you bet on Rondo becoming a better shooter or Shaq in their rookie seasons?

Simmons is so bad that him ever becoming a good shooter is virtually impossible.

Virtually impossible is really strong verbiage.

Simmons’ main problem is he shoots with his off hand and nobody has sat him down to tell him to stop being a prideful asshole and to start practicing with his main hand.

The athleticism and coordination is there for him to at least become an average shooter. He has too much natural talent for this to be such a massive hole in his game that he can’t at least raise it up to the level of being a serviceable below average rather than a worthless atrociously bad level.

His biggest problem is his pride and the people around him.

It might take two or three seasons if he started TODAY but it CAN happen. It’s an approach and pride problem. Nothing more.

Ben Simmons 25
05-07-2019, 10:22 AM
Given that I deem it to be a pride and approach problem, the last remaining question becomes... how great does he want to be?

If basketball is not his passion and is just a means to an end, this is probably as good as his jumper will ever be. IF he wants to be an all time great and champion, he will eventually improve.

Real Men Wear Green
05-07-2019, 11:08 AM
Making him the centerpiece for an AD trade is the easy to go. AD and Embiid together in the paint might just stop Antetokuonmpo. They could at least force someone else ro major plays.

DaHeezy
05-07-2019, 11:20 AM
There's a lot of people who lack comprehension in this thread. Lol. This is why it's hard to have a civil, intelligent discussion on here.

People still think OP literally mean CJ or Klay

Ben is worth solid role players and then some. I'd take a good look at one or both of the Sac backcourt and a pick. The role player needs to be a lengthy guard who is an aggressive scorer and defender that can shoot decent.

D'aaron Fox + 2nd rd pick

Sounds right

GOBB
05-07-2019, 11:22 AM
Both are failures but who has more ground to cover? Would you bet on Rondo becoming a better shooter or Shaq in their rookie seasons?

Simmons is so bad that him ever becoming a good shooter is virtually impossible.

Ben Simmons never really gave anyone enough data to conclude much about his shooting. The narrative is

GOBB
05-07-2019, 11:26 AM

He needs to expand his perimeter game by shooting. Be it mid range or behind he arc. But he is coming off a sophomore season where he avg 17ppg 8.8rpg 7.7apg. His stay in the nba is not even a question. Plenty of teams would take him given his reluctance to shoot. Not sure why you suggest if he plans on staying in this league. But I agree he needs to get over whatever mental block he has and shoot the ball, hit or miss.

Proctor
05-07-2019, 11:43 AM
Why does the name Mike Conley keep getting thrown around here?

If Simmons isn't enough to fetch a McCollum, he's not enough to fetch Conley either. Conley isn't exactly a more mediocre player.

n00bie
05-07-2019, 11:53 AM
He needs to expand his perimeter game by shooting. Be it mid range or behind he arc. But he is coming off a sophomore season where he avg 17ppg 8.8rpg 7.7apg. His stay in the nba is not even a question. Plenty of teams would take him given his reluctance to shoot. Not sure why you suggest if he plans on staying in this league. But I agree he needs to get over whatever mental block he has and shoot the ball, hit or miss.

I admit, I've only watched him play against the Raptors.. and he's been horrible in every game. Is it just against the Raptors? Not sure about that but I hate Lowry and I wouldn't even trade Lowry for him.

superduper
05-07-2019, 12:12 PM
I admit, I've only watched him play against the Raptors.. and he's been horrible in every game. Is it just against the Raptors? Not sure about that but I hate Lowry and I wouldn't even trade Lowry for him.

Nah dude just sucks. Literally all he can do offensively is run a fast break or make a flashy pass. His defense is the only decent quality about him and even that isn't super impactful.

Dude has ZERO ability to put the ball into the hoop on a set half court defense. Absolutely no skill in that regard whatsoever. Even on the fast break if he is required to make a move to score he will either brick the layup/hook shot badly or pass the ball off looking for a bailout.

Dude sucks in the grand scheme of the game.

BallsOut
05-07-2019, 12:28 PM
Players with similar tier trade value as Ben Simmons are Kyle Lowry, Rajon Rondo, DeMar DeRozan, Dennis Schroeder, Dwight Howard.

Vino24
05-07-2019, 12:30 PM
I would trade Kyrie Irving straight up for him. Having a 7ft point guard that can play defense? yes please.

Bankaii
05-07-2019, 12:48 PM
Winning teams aren

imdaman99
05-07-2019, 12:48 PM
He's still young, so I would trade whoever you want on the Knicks minus the blockness monster. Obviously not throwing in their pick, unless it's a 2nd rounder. Unfortunately, there is nothing that excites even Knick fans on the roster :lol

Vino24
05-07-2019, 12:49 PM
[QUOTE=Bankaii]Winning teams aren

n00bie
05-07-2019, 02:36 PM
Players with similar tier trade value as Ben Simmons are Kyle Lowry, Rajon Rondo, DeMar DeRozan, Dennis Schroeder, Dwight Howard.

No way in hell I'd trade DeRozan for Simmons.

tontoz
05-07-2019, 02:47 PM
I think Simmons was overrated last year and now he is becoming underrated. He can't shoot, and shooting is important in this league, but he is good at everything else.

I would rather he not shoot jumpers at all, then shoot them frequently at a lousy percentage. His poor foul shooting makes me wonder if he can ever become a decent shooter.

If Philly can surround him with shooters, like the Bucks did with Giannis, that would help him a lot.

FreezingTsmoove
05-07-2019, 02:56 PM
Ill give you Lonzo, Josh Hart, and 2021 Second round pick

GOBB
05-07-2019, 03:13 PM
I think Simmons was overrated last year and now he is becoming underrated. He can't shoot, and shooting is important in this league, but he is good at everything else.

I would rather he not shoot jumpers at all, then shoot them frequently at a lousy percentage. His poor foul shooting makes me wonder if he can ever become a decent shooter.

If Philly can surround him with shooters, like the Bucks did with Giannis, that would help him a lot.

Curious if you watched Ben Simmons last game? Sure we can ignore his lack of jumper although teams gameplan to exploit it and you now have to find a place for Embiid which is on the perimeter (he’s better closer to rim). But ignore all of that. He’s simply too passive of a player. He passes up attempts at the rim to score in order to pass. Jimmy Butler spoke on how he tells Ben to attack attack attack and if the coach says anything he will be the first to speak up and say he told Ben to attack. The fact he needs to be reminded to attack is sad. He’s 6’10 240 and plays like a putty cat. Forget his shooting as I have most of this season. I’m upset at his approach, mentality which I admit knew before he became a Sixer. I just figured he would break out of it. Frustrating.

Embiid can shoot
Butler can shoot
Harris can shoot
Redick can shoot

What’s Ben excuse again? It’s not surrounding him with shooters. Doubt he will ever develop a reliable jumper. But he could develop a back to basket game and take advantage of his size. But Hey can’t change him being passive.

Giannis attacks the rim to the point he’s unstoppable. Call me when Ben does that. Boston shut Ben down. They struggling to shut down Giannis. Both have shooters around them. Go figure

tontoz
05-07-2019, 03:32 PM
I DVR'd the game but I haven't watched it yet. He certainly seems aggressive when he is on the break. Granted I haven't studied him that closely but he looks pretty strong going to the rim.

It looks like he is not a great fit with Embiid, which puts Philly in a tough spot. If we know Embiid will be relatively healthy going forward then building around him is obviously the right move but he has missed 252 games since he was drafted.

Embiid doesn't like being on the perimeter which I see as a good thing. He knows he can do more damage inside.

From the outside looking in, I am not sure who I would trade. I don't think it is a coincidence that Giannis is the probable MVP after signing Lopez. Simmons isn't on that level but I think would benefit a lot with a more open lane.

eliteballer
05-07-2019, 06:34 PM
Simmons has a lot of value, let's not kid ourselves.

There's a bunch of teams who would trade a quality PG for him if they're looking to rebuild.

Manny98
05-07-2019, 06:44 PM
I'd love a Simmons D'lo pairing in Brooklyn

I don't know what we could offer outside of picks

dazzer87
05-07-2019, 07:00 PM
I'd love a Simmons D'lo pairing in Brooklyn

I don't know what we could offer outside of picks
http://www.yr-architecture.com/wp-content/uploads/Sri-Lanka-house6.jpg

qrich
05-07-2019, 07:44 PM
Should've kept Landry and the Miami pick and thrown in Simmons during the Harris trade

coin24
05-07-2019, 10:12 PM
Simmons is fkn trash, so is EmBeta, but the worst on that team is Brett brown.

GOBB
05-07-2019, 10:20 PM
Simmons is fkn trash, so is EmBeta, but the worst on that team is Brett brown.

Lakers fan still trusting their process :roll:

qrich
05-07-2019, 10:37 PM
If Phoenix ends up at #2, I call them up, offer Simmons + #44 for #2 and take Ja.