PDA

View Full Version : Westbrook now has 3 consectutive triple double seasons

Vino24
04-05-2019, 08:51 PM
and MJ had none. I have Westbrook just ahead of MJ

STATUTORY
04-05-2019, 08:53 PM
he averaged double digit points, rebounds, and assists but did he average a "triple dub" doe? :confusedshrug:

Vino24
04-05-2019, 08:54 PM
he averaged double digit points, rebounds, and assists but did he average a "triple dub" doe? :confusedshrug:
better ask that Orlando guy

bison
04-05-2019, 08:59 PM
http://207.58.151.151/forum/showthread.php?t=465369

AirBonner
04-05-2019, 09:06 PM
http://207.58.151.151/forum/showthread.php?t=465369
This is his 3rd time for this achievment. He deserves 3 threads to be honest

imdaman99
04-05-2019, 09:13 PM
:applause: that's my MVP :applause: lol

Mr.GOAT2408
04-05-2019, 09:39 PM
I'll give him props, I have my issues with his brand of basketball but I love his demeanor to the game. He will go to war and that's the least you can ask of your star player

Also a better leader than he gets credit for

ImKobe
04-05-2019, 11:58 PM
not only that but he also averaged a career-high rebounds & assists in his 3rd consecutive one and he's only played about ~35 mpg in these 3 seasons. The only other man to average a triple-double for a season played 44+ mpg and in a league with much higher pace and less talented guard play.

The fact that no one else is even close to averaging a triple-double also speaks for itself how impressive this is. It's not like Russ is at his peak either.

You can dog his shooting all you want but you can't question his effort.

TheCorporation
04-05-2019, 11:59 PM
This is his 3rd time for this achievment. He deserves 3 threads to be honest

Let's triple'm up

305Baller
04-06-2019, 12:01 AM
Lets face facts: stats are stats and what Westbrook is doing seemed unthinkable 20 years ago with these kind of athletes.

He should get mvp.

305Baller
04-06-2019, 12:02 AM
*** u harden hahaha

Now if harden got it i would understand

brooks_thompson
04-06-2019, 12:17 AM
Westbrook also had the best, simplest defense to his own achievement. 'If it's so easy, then why isn't anyone else doing it? If anyone else could do it, they would'.

(Not a Lebron hater) I remember Lebron used to talk about being able to do it if he wanted to. Why didn't he want to? Why didn't he do it? I'm sure he didn't imagine someone would come along who would.

SpaceJam2
04-06-2019, 12:43 AM
Westbrook also had the best, simplest defense to his own achievement. 'If it's so easy, then why isn't anyone else doing it? If anyone else could do it, they would'.

(Not a Lebron hater) I remember Lebron used to talk about being able to do it if he wanted to. Why didn't he want to? Why didn't he do it? I'm sure he didn't imagine someone would come along who would.

All the triple double regular season warriors get burned out in the 1st round and with LeBron's mileage he knew what was the best overall plan of action. The man averaged a Triple Double in the FINALs against the super team Warriors so that should tell you enough right there.

kennethgriffen
04-06-2019, 12:45 AM
IMO the 2nd one damaged his first one somewhat... but this 3rd consecutive one completely obliterates it and tarnishes his MVP season to the point where it was 100% a mistake and it should have gone to harden

its obvious this is a forced stat line that can be manipulated by forcing assists/not playing defense

i think a prime re energized lebron would easly average a triple double today. a lot of players could

SouBeachTalents
04-06-2019, 12:56 AM
IMO the 2nd one damaged his first one somewhat... but this 3rd consecutive one completely obliterates it and tarnishes his MVP season to the point where it was 100% a mistake and it should have gone to harden

its obvious this is a forced stat line that can be manipulated by forcing assists/not playing defense

i think a prime re energized lebron would easly average a triple double today. a lot of players could
The question remains, why is he the only one to do it? It's Westbrook 3, rest of the league 0

SpaceJam2
04-06-2019, 01:10 AM

It's literally been done ONCE. By one player. Not "a lot of players."

:hammerhead: