PDA

View Full Version : Bucks took Scottie pips blueprint on how to gaurd Frauden and it worked brilliantly.

Bronbron23
03-27-2019, 07:08 AM
Pip demonstrated how he would gaurd harden on the jump awhile back. Said right off the bat he'd deny him the ball so he can't even get it. If he did get it he Said he'd ride him full court and then once he gets over half he'd play his left hand almost playing on his side so he can't get the space for his step back/side three and he'd be forced to drive right. This is exactly what the bucks did all game minus the full court pick up.

Imagine what pip and the bulls would of done to harden if they played him. Imagine harden trying to do what he's doing now in the 90's with defenders being aloud to be physical with him denying him the ball and dogging him 90 feet. Then once over half being hand checked while being forced to his weak hand into great centers like hakeem, Shaq, Robinson, ewing, mourning and mutombo. Apparently 90's defence was trash but it was a 90's defender that just gave the blueprint on how to stop harden and the rockets. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G7dIE3KT6lU

Kblaze8855
03-27-2019, 10:25 AM
Ive often wondered why people were content to let him have his left and not even work. People will back off as he casually dribbles to his favorite spots and let him go one on one as if its likely to go well.

paksat
03-27-2019, 10:33 AM
Ive often wondered why people were content to let him have his left and not even work. People will back off as he casually dribbles to his favorite spots and let him go one on one as if its likely to go well.

defense

pick one

Bronbron23
03-27-2019, 10:37 AM
Yeah I know it makes no sense. I think players in general take the regular off and don't go hard on defence. It does seem much better come playoff time

AirFederer
03-27-2019, 10:46 AM
Most teams play next to no D for 3 Qs, then a little in the 4th.
Sad

SomeBlackDude
03-27-2019, 11:09 AM
then once he gets over half he'd play his left hand almost playing on his side so he can't get the space for his step back/side three and he'd be forced to drive right.

funny, i tuned into the game in like the 3rd quarter and noticed that the bucks defenders were completely riding the beard on his strong side (left). almost to a comical degree, but it worked. dude didn't have his usual avenues for his travel stepbacks and flops for fouls.

was confused by seeing defense being played in 2019. was a shock to the system really.

hiphopanonymous
03-27-2019, 11:12 AM
defense

pick one
spot on :oldlol:

Bronbron23
03-27-2019, 11:22 AM
funny, i tuned into the game in like the 3rd quarter and noticed that the bucks defenders were completely riding the beard on his strong side (left). almost to a comical degree, but it worked. dude didn't have his usual avenues for his travel stepbacks and flops for fouls.

was confused by seeing defense being played in 2019. was a shock to the system really.
Yeah he looked frustrated for sure and this was mostly hill and bledsoe gaurding him. I can only imagine what pip and mj would of done in there prime against him.

julizaver
03-27-2019, 11:36 AM
Pip demonstrated how he would gaurd harden on the jump awhile back. Said right off the bat he'd deny him the ball so he can't even get it. If he did get it he Said he'd ride him full court and then once he gets over half he'd play his left hand almost playing on his side so he can't get the space for his step back/side three and he'd be forced to drive right. This is exactly what the bucks did all game minus the full court pick up.

Imagine what pip and the bulls would of done to harden if they played him. Imagine harden trying to do what he's doing now in the 90's with defenders being aloud to be physical with him denying him the ball and dogging him 90 feet. Then once over half being hand checked while being forced to his weak hand into great centers like hakeem, Shaq, Robinson, ewing, mourning and mutombo. Apparently 90's defence was trash but it was a 90's defender that just gave the blueprint on how to stop harden and the rockets. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G7dIE3KT6lU

Yes, I have watched it last month - when comes to defence Pippen is very competent and he is like student of the game also. He knows the game. Just imagine what experienced Bulls opponents (perimeter and wing players) during second 3 peat going into the defensive jugernaut of MJ, Pippen and Rodman, and Harper also played defense. And add to this 2-3 seven footers rotating by PJ.

SamuraiSWISH
03-27-2019, 11:40 AM
Same way following an ESPN interview with Michael Jordan back in 2013, he described how he would guard LeBron James, then the same weekend his apprentice Kobe Bryant went out and blocked LeBron in two straight possessions to end the All-Star game

SomeBlackDude
03-27-2019, 11:50 AM
Same way following an ESPN interview with Michael Jordan back in 2013, he described how he would guard LeBron James, then the same weekend his apprentice Kobe Bryant went out and blocked LeBron in two straight possessions to end the All-Star game

6d chess. :bowdown:

Michael Jordan Breaks Down Blueprint for Defending LeBron James

The announcers gush about LeBron, mentioning him in the same sentence with Jordan, who hears every word. Those words have an effect on him. He stares at the TV and points out a flaw in LeBron's game.

"I study him," he says.

When LeBron goes right, he usually drives; when he goes left, he usually shoots a jumper. It has to do with his mechanics and how he loads the ball for release. "So if I have to guard him," Jordan says, "I'm gonna push him left so nine times out of 10, he's gonna shoot a jump shot. If he goes right, he's going to the hole and I can't stop him. So I ain't letting him go right."

february 14, 2013

The 2013 NBA All-Star Game was an exhibition basketball game that was played on February 17, 2013

https://i.makeagif.com/media/12-12-2018/Dwq45E.gif

the goat used his apprentice on some avatar shit.

Rudeboy3
03-27-2019, 11:53 AM
Because most teams don't have the personnel for it. The bucks have 2 of the best defensive guards in the league, then they have 2 big men waiting for harden in the paint ( Giannis and Brook) to contest and make him take floaters. Not every team can do that

FKAri
03-27-2019, 11:57 AM
This isn't new you guys. The Bucks played him the same way 2 months ago and he dropped 46 and 10. Albeit on 13/30 shooting. So it's effective but it's not exactly going to shut him down.

SamuraiSWISH
03-27-2019, 12:03 PM
6d chess. :bowdown:

https://i.makeagif.com/media/12-12-2018/Dwq45E.gif

the goat used his apprentice on some avatar shit.
Lol

Can you imagine the dobermans hounding this current group of two dimensional at best perimeter superstars? The 3 and Flop kids?

:lol

StrongLurk
03-27-2019, 12:10 PM
This year's version of Harden would dominate in the 90's. Can't even imagine the few years with the shortened 3-point line.

SpaceJam2
03-27-2019, 12:15 PM
This year's version of Harden would dominate in the 90's. Can't even imagine the few years with the shortened 3-point line.

Could you imagine Harden in the 90s with a shortened 3-point line :eek:

Michael Jordan on 305 steroids. I mean we're talking 45-15-10

StrongLurk
03-27-2019, 12:21 PM

No need to troll.

SpaceJam2
03-27-2019, 12:23 PM
No need to troll.

*40-12-10 :(

SamuraiSWISH
03-27-2019, 12:29 PM

Nah if anything the shortened line (and it wasn

FKAri
03-27-2019, 12:34 PM
Nah if anything the shortened line (and it wasn’t significant) caused more congestion ...

Plus, Harden wouldn’t be getting all these flopping soft touch calls to get to the line to pad his PPG. There would also be actual rim defenders. Physicality. And his traveling step backs would get called.

Good try space jam 2 but a remake is never better than the actual original.

But keep trying with your 24 posts a day, instead of looking attain a new job after being laid off.

:facepalm
Harden would not be able to do most of what he's doing today in the 90's. But if you take his whole team? Shit. You'd have a revolution. They won't win a ring. But it would open a lot of people's eyes as to what's possible with shooters. And Harden would put up HUGE numbers to boot. Might even snag an MVP. But it would take a heavier physical toll on him and he'd struggle to sustain it for multiple seasons. Also, Houston's defense would be less effective in the 90's.

ImKobe
03-27-2019, 12:45 PM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]Nah if anything the shortened line (and it wasn

StrongLurk
03-27-2019, 12:54 PM
Look, someone with a brain.

It would be a lot easier to close out on Harden's shot and he wouldn't get the bs calls he does today, his style of play would simply not work in the 90s.

Players got open 18-20 footers ALL the time in the 90's. Harden's 3 point barrage would be unstoppable.

Easier to close out? Wow, maybe Harden would just shoot a little further back than the actual line...genius.

SpaceJam2
03-27-2019, 01:08 PM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]Nah if anything the shortened line (and it wasn

tpols
03-27-2019, 01:22 PM
Harden is the perfect example of why you can't use numbers to judge a players worth. He cheats the game looking for bs calls anytime tight defense is played, and its obvious his baiting and ball dominating style would be stifled in any other era... shit we've even seen it happen in this era in the playoffs.

iamgine
03-27-2019, 03:10 PM
I watched the highlights and it seems Harden beats his defender every single time and the Bucks are okay with that. I'm not sure this type of defense would work in the long run or in a 7 game series.

kennethgriffen
03-27-2019, 03:13 PM
they didn't quite follow through with pippens gameplan

they put short guys on harden when you need a long guy to close the distance on the layup/floaters when you let him drive by

kennethgriffen
03-27-2019, 03:15 PM
I watched the highlights and it seems Harden beats his defender every single time and the Bucks are okay with that. I'm not sure this type of defense would work in the long run or in a 7 game series.

he was 9 for 26 and 1 for 9 from three. it worked

r0drig0lac
03-27-2019, 03:16 PM
Because most teams don't have the personnel for it. The bucks have 2 of the best defensive guards in the league, then they have 2 big men waiting for harden in the paint ( Giannis and Brook) to contest and make him take floaters. Not every team can do that

exactly

Bronbron23
03-27-2019, 03:19 PM
Dude they forced him to put up a bunch of contested layups and floaters. It absolutely works. Floaters arnt an easy shot to make consistently. I'll take that over harden getting good looks at threes. The crowd and there team feeds of that shit

andgar923
03-27-2019, 03:39 PM
Players got open 18-20 footers ALL the time in the 90's. Harden's 3 point barrage would be unstoppable.

Easier to close out? Wow, maybe Harden would just shoot a little further back than the actual line...genius.
That was mostly a result of ball and player movement as opposed to perimeter ball dominant isos.

Again...