PDA

View Full Version : 1994 Bulls vs 2019 Cavs in a 7 game series?

Dray n Klay
01-24-2019, 05:48 PM
The 1994 Bulls that came off 3 straight Finals appearances vs the superior 2019 Cavs that came off 4 straight Finals appearances

Who would win in a 7 game series?

Real14
01-24-2019, 07:52 PM
Mods?

Da_Realist
01-24-2019, 08:16 PM
1994 Bulls would beat the 2018 Cavs. I don't think LeBron could score on Pippen. Not enough for Cleveland to win. LeBron wouldn't force a double so his teammates would be covered too.

And1AllDay
01-24-2019, 08:17 PM
Lemme see here...55 wins vs 15

I gotta go 1994 Bulls

And1AllDay
01-24-2019, 08:18 PM
1994 Bulls would beat the 2018 Cavs. I don't think LeBron could score on Pippen. Not enough for Cleveland to win. LeBron wouldn't force a double so his teammates would be covered too.

Oh ya?

I thought Bron dropped 36 on Iggy, Klay, and Draymond

Hint: NOT on Terry Porter or Jeff Hornacek

Next

3ball
01-24-2019, 08:18 PM
The 1994 Bulls that came off 3 straight Finals appearances vs the superior 2019 Cavs that came off 4 straight Finals appearances

It's kinda funny because I'm sure that as you were typing it out, you realized the fallacy of the very thing you were going to post

Hence the emphasis on "appearances" (conference finals wins), as opposed to rings (Finals wins)

After all, how can you compare a 3-peat team in their prime to a declining team that wouldn't make the WCF if they were in that conference...

TheImmortal
01-24-2019, 08:20 PM

Lemme see here...55 wins vs 15

I gotta go 1994 Bullshttp://i65.tinypic.com/2nhq175.jpg

Can you keep all your thoughts in one alt per thread? It doesn't make your argument anymore convincing bruh :facepalm

3ball
01-24-2019, 08:20 PM
:applause: .. 94' bulls would destroy the 18' Cavs... 14' spurs style? Maybe not that bad..

Dray n Klay
01-24-2019, 08:27 PM
It's kinda funny because I'm sure that as you were typing it out, you realized the fallacy of the very thing you were going to post

Hence the emphasis on "appearances" (conference finals wins), as opposed to rings (Finals wins)

After all, how can you compare a 3-peat team in their prime to a declining team that wouldn't make the WCF if they were in that conference...

4 straight Finals >> 3 straight Finals

LeBron left a better team than Jordan did

DJMcDonald
01-24-2019, 08:29 PM
http://i65.tinypic.com/2nhq175.jpg

Can you keep all your thoughts in one alt per thread? It doesn't make your argument anymore convincing bruh :facepalm
Meltdown. At least you tried.

Akrazotile
01-24-2019, 09:09 PM
Oh ya?

Next

Yowza :lebronamazed:

This one

warriorfan
01-24-2019, 09:15 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

bullettooth
01-24-2019, 09:16 PM
LeBron's stench of losing with his embarrassing 3/9 record rubbed off.

Jordan left a culture of winning.

bullettooth
01-24-2019, 09:16 PM

:lol :roll: :oldlol:

:applause:

Milbuck
01-24-2019, 09:17 PM

Holy ****, someone actually took the time to make this? :oldlol: :oldlol:

Akrazotile
01-24-2019, 09:21 PM
Holy ****, someone actually took the time to make this? :oldlol: :oldlol:

He didnt make it, that

jstern
01-24-2019, 09:23 PM
The Bulls would win, obviously. And not just because the Bulls were healthy.

The reason as to why, is the same reason as why Lebron is not the type of all time great who can produce dynasties and win multiple championships in a row.

When you construct a team with some one as skilled as Jordan, who can play and adjust to so many different styles of play and players, you're better able to build a team that can jell together. It's plug and play with Jordan's GOAT off the ball game, and versatility.

While with Lebron you're stuck with Lebron ball and players who have to watch him dribble and dribble, until he throws them a bullet pass. So if you take Lebron off that type of system that is so dependent on him, then you're left with a mess.

jbryan1984
01-24-2019, 09:39 PM
Does anybody not realize we want to lose? Kyrie left, LeBron left, Love has played 4 games, JR is sitting out, we traded for a guy who was about to have wrist surgery. I mean, there was no point in this season. Very different from the 1994 Bulls, not sure why people keep comparing. Bring on Zion.

bullettooth
01-24-2019, 09:55 PM
Does anybody not realize we want to lose? Kyrie left, LeBron left, Love has played 4 games, JR is sitting out, we traded for a guy who was about to have wrist surgery. I mean, there was no point in this season. Very different from the 1994 Bulls, not sure why people keep comparing. Bring on Zion.

How many #1 picks should Cleveland get before your satisfied?

And1AllDay
01-24-2019, 10:03 PM
[QUOTE=Akrazotile]Yowza :lebronamazed:

This one

Leviathon1121
01-24-2019, 10:13 PM
Those Bulls championship teams were built on systems as much as they were MJ's dominance. The 94 Bulls were more than the sum of the parts. There is something to be said for teamwork, chemistry and poise built over several years. The 2016 Golden State Warriors? That team was better than this years team so far, with KD onboard. At least they played a hell of a lot better. Sometimes, often times...it's more than the names on the roster or the numbers on a page that determines these things.

That's the other side of this ruse. Lebron leaving a team in shambles is simply another testament to his greatness.....that's the argument....or are his teams only at optimal functionality when others have to subjugate their games and end up with their own reputations in the shitter after the fact? Where do we draw that line? The 94 Bulls 'worked' because they functioned as a team and not a collection of spare parts. The reason they functioned as a team was because they had systems in place that maximized everyone, allowed others to function and make plays within the triangle, to think. Not to be bystanders at the calling of Lebron at the top of the key. Of course the players minus that element are shit after the fact. They weren't built as a team to do anything BUT function off Lebron. And frankly, it's horrible for the franchise to be left in that state, but you got brain-deads clapping like fukking retarded seals at the thought that Lebron left YET ANOTHER team in shambles. The Bulls not being in shambles in 94 was a good thing. Why? Because all Jordan needed to do was come back 2 years later, add Rodman, and oh look at that....another 3peat. That type of situation wouldn't occur with any team Lebron leaves because there's no system or foundation in place to build anything on, or reinsert a great player...and continue winning. But, this is 'good' in the eyes of Lebron fans that teams are shit after he goes. This enhances the argument of his greatness, while diminishing the stature of those who built championship squads through conventional means. Drafting. Building. Chemistry. Year over year improvement. What fukking novel concepts.

MJ had the ability to play off the team, off the ball, and still get his stats. MJ in the championship years was almost like the world's greatest insurance policy. There were lots of games where he laid low and allowed the team to get into a rhythm, and only step in if they weren't on the money that night. Pippen and Grant thrived and grew, BJ grew, and the team developed into champions. This is a GOOD thing, not something that makes MJ lesser. That's the difference between drafting and harnessing raw talent, building a system over multiple years, instead of jumping ship every 4 years with ready made players. Wade was ready made. Bosh was ready made. Kyrie was ready made. Love was ready made. Those situations are only going to result in short term success, not sustained. We've seen it twice( the Heat and the Cavs) And all 4 of those players came out of their tenures with Lebron getting shit on by fans.

Lebron and Wade didn't work until Wade basically said 'you take over'. And because of that, you have morons on here that now piss on Wade's legacy as if he wasn't a top 20ish GOAT level talent in his own right. We've forgetten that Wade is one of the best fukking players ever, because we now have a legion of younger fans who only know him from 2013, or 2014, or the aging player since. They know sweet fukk all about the guy who came into the league in 2003 mostly unheralded...behind Lebron...behind Melo.... Behind Darko...behind Bosh...and proceeded to slice up opposing defenses until his prime ended on Bron's watch.

:confusedshrug:

Da_Realist
01-24-2019, 10:29 PM
(Regarding 94 Bulls vs 18 Cavs)

Again... LeBron couldn't score against Pippen. Not efficiently and not enough to force Chicago to double him. Pippen is just as athletic so Bron wouldn't have his normal physical advantages. Pippen would stay with Lebron and not let him rev up before barreling into the lane to get cheap points like he's used to. LeBron doesn't have a quick first step which he would need to evade Pippen. LeBron would struggle against Pip. I have no doubt about that.

As a result, all his one-trick pony teammates would be covered all game by a great defensive team. Cleveland doesn't run a system that would get them easy points or provide dependable ways to score. Everything depends on LeBron. Once LeBron is shut down, Cleveland would have no one able to pick up the slack offensively.

Offensively for the Bulls, at least they run a system. They have multiple guys that can score using that system. They would find ways to score enough.

Rebounding edge would to Chicago. They have four seven footers on the team and they aren't even the best rebounders. Grant and Pippen were tenacious rebounders. I don't see how Cleveland could beat the 94 Bulls.

Dray n Klay
01-24-2019, 10:31 PM
Again... LeBron couldn't score against Pippen. Not efficiently and not enough to force Chicago to double him. Pippen is just as athletic so Bron wouldn't have his normal physical advantages. Pippen would stay with Lebron and not let him rev up before barreling into the lane to get cheap points like he's used to. LeBron doesn't have a quick first step which he would need to evade Pippen. LeBron would struggle against Pip. I have no doubt about that.

As a result, all his one-trick pony teammates would be covered all game by a great defensive team. Cleveland doesn't run a system that would get them easy points or provide dependable ways to score. Everything depends on LeBron. Once LeBron is shut down, Cleveland would have no one able to pick up the slack offensively.

Offensively for the Bulls, at least they run a system. They have multiple guys that can score using that system. They would find ways to score enough.

Rebounding edge would to Chicago. They have four seven footers on the team and they aren't even the best rebounders. Grant and Pippen were tenacious rebounders. I don't see how Cleveland could beat the 94 Bulls.

So you agree Jordan had far greater help than LeBron ever did?

Since his team without MJ is better than lebrons teams with LeBron?

Da_Realist
01-24-2019, 10:34 PM
So you agree Jordan had far greater help than LeBron ever did?

Since his team without MJ is better than lebrons teams with LeBron?

MJ's teams were way better than LeBron's teams. LeBron's style puts a ceiling on his team's greatness.

Dray n Klay
01-24-2019, 10:39 PM
MJ's teams were way better than LeBron's teams. LeBron's style puts a ceiling on his team's greatness.

So when he leaves shouldnt that ceiling be lifted

Da_Realist
01-24-2019, 10:57 PM
So when he leaves shouldnt that ceiling be lifted

Sure... if they have enough talent and a good coaching staff. Problem is, LeBron leaves teams when they are done. A rebuilding phase always needs to happen after he leaves. He left an an old team in Miami that had been thoroughly embarrassed before he left. He left Cleveland after they got their clocks cleaned too.

jbryan1984
01-25-2019, 01:02 AM
How many #1 picks should Cleveland get before your satisfied?

Until we get one who stays

bullettooth
01-25-2019, 01:05 AM
Until we get one who stays

You've had your share of #1 picks. You don't really deserve it.

Gus Hemmingway
01-25-2019, 01:10 AM
DnK got em doing ring around the rosie :lol

bullettooth
01-25-2019, 01:11 AM
DnK got em doing ring around the rosie :lol

http://massagebywil.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/pat-on-back.png

Gus Hemmingway
01-25-2019, 01:17 AM
Oh ya?