PDA

View Full Version : Steph Curry is completely unfair

Stephonit
01-16-2019, 04:49 PM
Read the article and weep:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25771897/steph-curry-unleashing-impossible-range

Some points of interest:

This season Curry is shooting nearly 54 percent on his 3s between 30 and 35 feet.

...Over the past four-plus seasons, Curry has made 48 percent from this deep 3-point area.

...A hypothetical NBA offense that featured Curry launching from 30-35 feet wouldn't just be good -- it would be the most efficient offense in NBA history.

You might argue that LeBron James is the best player of this decade and Kevin Durant is its greatest scorer, but if the legacy of this decade is the 3, then Curry is definitive superstar of our time.

superduper
01-16-2019, 04:51 PM
There is no question that Curry will be remembered as the most impactful player of the '10s era.

Single handedly revolutionized the game.

Hey Yo
01-16-2019, 04:53 PM
Nobody's debating that he isn't the best 3pt shooter of all time.

I think he also hold the title for most consecutive made tunnel shots in warm-ups.

Hey Yo
01-16-2019, 04:54 PM
There is no question that Curry will be remembered as the most impactful player of the '10s era.

But you said yesterday that this era was a joke.

Why the constant flip flopping and not smart enough to keep your trolling straight??

lilteapot
01-16-2019, 05:01 PM

I agree.

imdaman99
01-16-2019, 05:06 PM
He made this chuck era possible. Thank you Curry for ruining basketball in the NBA and our local courts :applause:

superduper
01-16-2019, 05:18 PM

Why the constant flip flopping and not smart enough to keep your trolling straight??

Even considering what I said, how does that change the fact that Steph is the most impactful player of the '10s?

Good try, come again.

SoCalMike
01-16-2019, 05:20 PM
He is amazing to watch TBH... when he gets going, wow, incredible.

:pimp:

FKAri
01-16-2019, 05:22 PM
There's a reason old legends snicker and wink when they talk about Curry's all-time greatness but not LeBron's. Because they know he'd get locked-the-***-up with handchecking and without picks. While LeFreightTrain would stiff arm right past it.

SoCalMike
01-16-2019, 05:30 PM
There's a reason old legends snicker and wink when they talk about Curry's all-time greatness but not LeBron's. Because they know he'd get locked-the-***-up with handchecking and without picks. While LeFreightTrain would stiff arm right past it.

I agree with you. That is why it is so difficult to compare generations of players... Think about Harden too...

But if you set aside the current rules and styles of the NBA game, and look at the player himself, it is impressive.

But its pretty impossible to compare when the rules and styles change year over year.

:pimp:

BigKobeFan
01-16-2019, 05:38 PM
Curry is bad for the game

Every stupid kid out there is trying to do what he does. Only he can do it.

AlternativeAcc.
01-16-2019, 05:53 PM
Curry isnt an all-time great

Akrazotile
01-16-2019, 06:03 PM
He is amazing to watch TBH... when he gets going, wow, incredible.

*in the regular season

Stephonit
01-16-2019, 06:11 PM
*in the regular season

Nah, he does it in the finals too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEFloYgnnKQ&t=3m16s

bullettooth
01-16-2019, 06:21 PM

So Curry being impactful means it's a joke era?

How the **** did you come to that conclusion, we'd all like to know.

Marchesk
01-16-2019, 06:39 PM
Can't wait until the four point shot offense becomes a thing.

LAVAR BALL
01-16-2019, 06:57 PM
Can't wait until the four point shot offense becomes a thing.

Right on time for Lamelo's prime :banana: :banana:

Marchesk
01-16-2019, 09:20 PM
Right on time for Lamelo's prime :banana: :banana:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

tpols
01-16-2019, 09:22 PM
the 10s era is Curry's... he has been King.

AirBonner
01-16-2019, 09:59 PM
He has had the best team of all time and never managed to win a fmvp. That is a major black mark on a supposed "man" of the team.

tpols
01-16-2019, 10:10 PM
He has had the best team of all time and never managed to win a fmvp. That is a major black mark on a supposed "man" of the team.

Curry turned an 11th and 35th pick into his main running mates for the best team ever?

Yes. Thank you.

72-10
01-16-2019, 10:23 PM
Curry turned an 11th and 35th pick into his main running mates for the best team ever?

Yes. Thank you.

What do you mean by best team ever? Best dynasty? They sure ain't that.

BigShotBob
01-16-2019, 10:38 PM
Pretty fair considering he blew a 3-1 lead.

lol

Stephonit
01-17-2019, 02:21 AM
Another game another display of what makes Curry completely unfair.

ImKobe
01-17-2019, 02:26 AM
MJ created the perimeter superstar with mid-range/post chucking, Kobe birthed the 3-point chucking, Steph took the 3-pt chucking to a whole new level.

Lebron? Well, he gave us the crab dribble and the flopping.

warriorfan
01-17-2019, 02:27 AM

Yes. Thank you.

Strong ether

Op has high iq and dingo has a huge ld

Stephonit
01-17-2019, 08:46 AM
Steph Curry with another new milestone. He is now the first player to make 8 or more three pointers in 3 consecutive NBA games.

aj1987
01-17-2019, 08:54 AM
LeBron James - 2 MVP's, 3 Rings, 3 FMVP's, 8 straight Finals, 8x All-NBA First, and 3x All-Def First and 1x Second.

Steph Curry - 2 MVP's, 3 Rings, 2x All-NBA First, 2x All-NBA Second and 1x All-NBA Third.

Yeah, it's LeBron and it's not even close.

hiphopanonymous
01-17-2019, 09:37 AM
curry has caused all the players under 25 in rec ball to hoist up horrible ****ing shots from like 3 steps behind 3 point arc with his trademark wrist flick quickness (looks good.. but bricks cause they're rec players) ...this is routinely done just like curry, on fast breaks and when the lane is wide open

hes incredible but this copycat shit young fans do is starting to get annoying i think its great for the NBA but will ruin basketball development for the next 10 years

tpols
01-17-2019, 09:54 AM

Curry won more without team hopping with all types of ready made all NBA / MVP talent.

And has bran molly who0ped H2H 3-1.

Good game m8

AlternativeAcc.
01-17-2019, 10:22 AM
Curry won more without team hopping with all types of ready made all NBA / MVP talent.

Good game m8
What are their head to head stats in the finals? Surely curry has the edge right? Who has more fmvps?

ErhnamDjinn
01-17-2019, 10:50 AM
curry has caused all the players under 25 in rec ball to hoist up horrible ****ing shots from like 3 steps behind 3 point arc with his trademark wrist flick quickness (looks good.. but bricks cause they're rec players) ...this is routinely done just like curry, on fast breaks and when the lane is wide open

hes incredible but this copycat shit young fans do is starting to get annoying i think its great for the NBA but will ruin basketball development for the next 10 years

omg I recently played ball again , ugh I had a kid on my team who f@cking thought he was some sort of steph/kd shit dude was jacking from anywhere and he only made like 2 or 3 shots, was such a ballhog I wanted to stop playing.

aj1987
01-18-2019, 07:37 AM
Nah, he just had to beg KD to come to his team after getting absolutely annihilated by LeBron in the Finals.

Literally no other player in the history of the World would've done better than what LeBron did against the Warriors.

Good game m8
LeBron James - 2 MVP's, 3 Rings, 3 FMVP's, 8 straight Finals, 8x All-NBA First, and 3x All-Def First and 1x Second.

Steph Curry - 2 MVP's, 3 Rings, 2x All-NBA First, 2x All-NBA Second and 1x All-NBA Third.

Good game, m8. :cheers:

Gileraracer
01-18-2019, 07:40 AM
Literally no other player in the history of the World would've done better than what LeBron did against the Warriors.

Any prove for that claim? Until then it is only an assumption by another low IQ lebron dickrider :confusedshrug:

aj1987
01-18-2019, 07:53 AM
Any prove for that claim? Until then it is only an assumption by another low IQ lebron dickrider :confusedshrug:
Speaking of low IQ's:

https://i.postimg.cc/3RN9SDMp/Untitled.png

It's best if you quit posting, you retarded maggot.

Gileraracer
01-18-2019, 07:56 AM
Speaking of low IQ's:

https://i.postimg.cc/3RN9SDMp/Untitled.png

It's best if you quit posting, you retarded maggot.

Ok, like expected, no prove.

My claim: Lebron would be a PO virgin in the 90s. This claim is worth as much as yours.

aj1987
01-18-2019, 08:05 AM
Ok, like expected, no prove.

My claim: Lebron would be a PO virgin in the 90s. This claim is worth as much as yours.
Since you want facts, here's one:

Jordan is a career loser without Pippen.

How was Baron Davis while playing with LeBron, BTW?

Gileraracer
01-18-2019, 08:09 AM
Since you want facts, here's one:

Jordan is a career loser without Pippen.

How was Baron Davis while playing with LeBron, BTW?

Dunno, google it. If your data volume in Dharavi is sufficient for Google :lol

aj1987
01-18-2019, 11:02 PM
Dunno, google it. If your data volume in Dharavi is sufficient for Google :lol
:roll: :roll:

Look at this triggered little cuck ******. Time to break out the alts, you little shit.

4pointshot
01-18-2019, 11:44 PM
Hi, folks:

I'm new here, and apparently not allowed to start new threads, so I'm going to dump this here, where it's fairly relevant to the topic. Though I'm a Warriors/Curry fan, I don't see how Harden can't be considered the best PG in the NBA right now:

More ppg
More apg
More rpg
More spg

Sure, he’s not as accurate a shooter, but he more than compensates for this by drawing all the fouls. And yes, he plays for a coach who encourages him to fire away, and with several key teammates injured, he’s shooting more than ever. If Curry were in this situation, he might score just as much. But would he have all those assists and rebounds, often while playing shooting guard?

The one area where Curry has long been king is in three pointers. But Harden has a substantial lead in that over Curry, and has a very good chance of breaking Curry’s single season record. Curry has missed 11 games with an injury, but even on a per game basis, it's very close, 5.4 vs. 4.85, and that doesn't tell the whole story.

Over the past 15 games, Harden has averaged > 6 3PM per game. Curry has never done that. Harden recently went twelve straight games with 5 or > 3PM, annihilating Curry’s record of seven. During that stretch, and since, he’s been averaging about 16 3PA per game. At that rate, he can maintain 6 3PM per game indefinitely, and could eventually break all of Curry’s records, and end up no. 1 all-time. When Paul and Capela return, I suppose Harden will shoot a little less, but he seems to have taken it up to a level that Curry won't match.

Stephonit
01-19-2019, 12:02 AM
[QUOTE=4pointshot]Hi, folks:

I'm new here, and apparently not allowed to start new threads, so I'm going to dump this here, where it's fairly relevant to the topic. Though I'm a Warriors/Curry fan, I don't see how Harden can't be considered the best PG in the NBA right now:

More ppg
More apg
More rpg
More spg

Sure, he

4pointshot
01-19-2019, 12:16 AM
Harden went 5 or more 3-pointers made 7 straight games more than Curry? Curry right now is the first with 8 or more 3-pointers made in 3 straight games. Why wasn't Harden when he's been in a more advantageous position to accomplish that?

Streaks are a matter of probability, not certainty. The reason Harden was able to break the 5 3PM streak was because he was averaging 6/16. It's easy to show statistically that if you are averaging "only" 5 3PM per game, which is basically Curry's base, it's very hard to get beyond half a dozen or so games. Averaging 6 changes everything, and in fact Harden is now 14/15 games with 5 or more.

But Harden has only been doing this for 15 games. If he continues at this rate, he eventually will have his 3 or more games with 8 or more.

That Curry has been able to make the shots he has at the volume he has while leaving enough touches for his teammates to post 20+ and 30+ point games themselves respectively is remarkable.

Not arguing that Curry isn't the better 3 point shot maker, but if Harden keeps averaging 16 3PA, all those records will fall, it's inevitable.

While I'm at it, a shout-out to Buddy Hield, who joins Curry as the only player in the top 10 in both volume and rate of three pointers. His rate of 3.3/7.4 is very similar to what Curry averaged for three years before his record 2015-16 season (3.5/7.9), and to what Thompson averaged for four years prior to this season (3.4/7.7). Right now, I’d say he’s right up there with Klay, and second only to Curry, in combining accuracy with volume.

Stephonit
01-19-2019, 12:29 AM
Streaks are a matter of probability, not certainty. The reason Harden was able to break the 5 3PM streak was because he was averaging 6/16.

The reason Harden was able to break the 5 3PM streak was because he was averaging more minutes and usage.