PDA

View Full Version : These Cavs are fools' gold

3ball
11-27-2016, 02:28 PM
The Cavs beat the Warriors by 1 possession in last year's Finals.

They accomplished that because Lebron became Jordan for 2 games, Kyrie was mini-Jordan, and Love was nowhere to be seen - THAT'S WHAT WORKED AND ALLOWED THE 1-POSSESSION VICTORY.

So now they're just all-world and can win a totally different way, with Love damn-near leading the Cavs in scoring?..

That's delusional and won't work.. With Lebron changing the strategy that WORKED and instead holding back, it's going to be 2014 all over again - that's when he changed up what worked from 2012 and 2013 (taking charge more), and saw his efficiency-driven passivity BLOWN AWAY in the Finals.. LeRest and LePlay-it-safe will get his team destroyed again..

Don't be fooled by "college-like" regular season that has no effect in the "pro-level" playoffs and Finals.. People will be surprised again, just like 2011 and 2014.. Remember how surprised everyone was in those Finals?.. Well, get ready for another surprise.. I'm looking forward to it.

Nilocon165
11-27-2016, 02:29 PM
1-9

Dray n Klay
11-27-2016, 02:32 PM
1-9

3ball
11-27-2016, 02:33 PM
without Lebron getting 30+, their team strength isn't FINALS CALIBER, nor are they anywhere near their peak chemistry

With Lebron holding back, it's going to be 2014 all over again, where his passivity was BLOWN AWAY in the Finals.. LeRest will get his team destroyed again..

you heard it hear first

i'll bump this thread in June

Dray n Klay
11-27-2016, 02:36 PM
3ball, explain this thread you were forced to make after you were proven wrong.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=378744

3ball
11-27-2016, 02:39 PM
3ball, explain this thread you were forced to make after you were proven wrong.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=378744
I was 100% right in that thread - nearly ANY all-time great would've taken advantage of today's spacing and therefore dominated today's game more than they ever dominated a NON-spacing era.

the spacing and extra domination would've allowed most all-time greats to do the same thing Lebron did in 2015 (and that he's been doing the last 7 years): make the Finals in a shit-weak conference.

Dray n Klay
11-27-2016, 02:40 PM
I was 100% right in that thread - nearly ANY all-time great would've taken advantage of today's spacing and therefore dominated today's game more than they ever dominated a NON-spacing era.

the spacing and extra domination would've allowed most all-time greats to do the same thing Lebron did in 2015 (and that he's been doing the last 7 years): make the Finals in a shit-weak conference.

But then why did 1-9 happen? MJ played worse teams than LeBron and had more spacing, yet still 1-9 :confusedshrug:

Uncle Drew
11-27-2016, 02:45 PM
It's working in this regular season, but regular season plays WAAAY different than the Finals - it's like going from college to the pros - totally different story.. The Cavs will get murdered in the Finals with their current setup - without Lebron getting 30+, their team strength isn't FINALS CALIBER or anywhere near.. With Lebron holding back, it's going to be 2014 all over again, where his passivity was BLOWN AWAY in the Finals.. LeRest will get his team destroyed again..

Btw, in a NORMALLY-competitive conference, i'd say that regular season plays way different from the playoffs - but today's East is so god-damn weak, that the Eastern conf playoffs actually is like regular season.. So I have to say the Finals plays way different than reg season
Cool story. But how'd you know all this if you don't watch the current NBA like you've stated before?

3ball
11-27-2016, 02:47 PM
without Lebron getting 30+, their team strength isn't FINALS CALIBER, nor are they anywhere near their peak chemistry

With Lebron holding back, it's going to be 2014 all over again, where his passivity was BLOWN AWAY in the Finals.. LeRest will get his team destroyed again..

you heard it hear first

I'll bump this thread in June when bolded above happens.

You guys will be shocked (once again) at how Lebron's team gets beat NOT BY TALENT, but by a team with better teamwork and brand of basketball, like in 2011 and 2014.

We already know that every key teammate that Lebron ever had saw their APG decline significantly alongisde him, which is why Lebron's teams rank low in APG every year - their poor teamwork is why Lebron can't win without excessive talent (team-hopping) to offset the reduction in teamwork.. the poor teamwork is also why he's susceptible to 2011 and 2014-style losses, where he loses to superior teamwork (not talent).

3ball
11-27-2016, 02:52 PM
MJ played worse teams than LeBron

https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/lebron-hate.jpg

Uncle Drew
11-27-2016, 02:52 PM
70+ win teams eliminated in playoffs:
Jordan - 0
James - 1

Mr. Jabbar
11-27-2016, 02:57 PM

:bowdown: :roll: :roll:

3ball
11-27-2016, 02:57 PM
Cool story. But how'd you know all this if you don't watch the current NBA like you've stated before?

because we've seen it before.

we saw it in 2014 regular season, when he tried to materially change the formula that worked in 2012 and 2013 playoffs.. and it got destroyed in Finals.. now he's doing it again

you can't drastically change what worked in the previous playoffs and think it'll fly - it's delusional, arrogant fool's gold.. poor competitive understanding.. you'll see.

it's funny because YOU'RE the one ignoring the facts.. which is why you'll be surprised in june when he has another 2011, 2014-style Finals loss.. every key teammate that Lebron ever had saw their APG decline significantly alongisde him, which is why Lebron's teams rank low in APG every year - their poor teamwork is why Lebron can't win without excessive talent (team-hopping) to offset the reduction in teamwork.. the poor teamwork is also why he's susceptible to 2011 and 2014-style losses, where he loses to superior teamwork (not talent).

MP.Trey
11-27-2016, 03:05 PM
So the Cavs are at their apex when Kevin Love plays like shit. Interesting opinion.

FKAri
11-27-2016, 03:05 PM
So first Lebron ball was hindering Love. Now that him and the team have publicly said they are making it a conscious decision to get him more involved in the offense and he's playing better because of it, its bad?

Also, the team was at its "apex" with Love averaging 9ppg? You really believe that is Love being utilized correctly on offense?

3ball
11-27-2016, 03:18 PM
So first Lebron ball was hindering Love. Now that him and the team have publicly said they are making it a conscious decision to get him more involved in the offense and he's playing better because of it, its bad?

They accomplished that because Lebron became Jordan for 2 games and Kyrie was mini-Jordan - THAT'S WHAT WORKED AND ALLOWED THE 1-POSSESSION VICTORY.

So now they're just all-world and can win a totally different way?

That's delusional and won't work - people will be surprised again, just like 2011 and 2014.. Remember how surprised everyone was in those Finals.. Well, get ready for another surprise.. I'm looking forward to it.

Also, the team was at its "apex" with Love averaging 9ppg? You really believe that is Love being utilized correctly on offense?

I'm not saying the optimal offense is for Love to average 9 ppg.. But that's all Lebron was capable of when he won it last year - he isn't an off-ball player like Jordan or Bird who facilitated great chemistry and a team that was always top 10 in assists.. Lebron's teams are never top 10 in assists..

AirBonner
11-27-2016, 05:18 PM

They accomplished that because Lebron became Jordan for 2 games and Kyrie was mini-Jordan - THAT'S WHAT WORKED AND ALLOWED THE 1-POSSESSION VICTORY.

That's delusional and won't work - people will be surprised again, just like 2011 and 2014.. Remember how surprised everyone was in those Finals.. Well, get ready for another surprise.. I'm looking forward to it.

I'm not saying the optimal offense is for Love to average 9 ppg.. But that's all Lebron was capable of when he won it last year - he isn't an off-ball player like Jordan or Bird who facilitated great chemistry and a team that was always top 10 in assists.. Lebron's teams are never top 10 in assists..
The problem with ordan stans is they believe there is only one way to skin a cat. When clearly there isn't.

knicksman
11-27-2016, 05:38 PM
any team that needs the refs is fools gold

RedBlackAttack
11-27-2016, 05:53 PM
They've already won a championship. :oldlol:

Does OP know the definition of "fool's gold," I wonder?

Officially defined as:

An investment that will likely turn out to be worthless.

Too late for that.

/thread

AirBonner
11-27-2016, 05:55 PM
They've already won a championship. :oldlol:

Does OP know the definition of "fool's gold," I wonder?

Officially defined as:

An investment that will likely turn out to be worthless.

Too late for that.

/thread
You should probably close this thread and ban him for good measure.

Dray n Klay
11-27-2016, 05:57 PM
3ball finna end up like Jordan's father if the Cavs win again!!

:hammertime: :yaohappy: :lebronamazed:

Springsteen
11-27-2016, 05:58 PM
Do you know how many finals were determined by 1-2 possessions?

Aren't you a die-hard oldschool Jordan stan? Jesus christ.

NBAGOAT
11-27-2016, 06:20 PM
because we've seen it before.

we saw it in 2014 regular season, when he tried to materially change the formula that worked in 2012 and 2013 playoffs.. and it got destroyed in Finals.. now he's doing it again

you can't drastically change what worked in the previous playoffs and think it'll fly - it's delusional, arrogant fool's gold.. poor competitive understanding.. you'll see.

it's funny because YOU'RE the one ignoring the facts.. which is why you'll be surprised in june when he has another 2011, 2014-style Finals loss.. every key teammate that Lebron ever had saw their APG decline significantly alongisde him, which is why Lebron's teams rank low in APG every year - their poor teamwork is why Lebron can't win without excessive talent (team-hopping) to offset the reduction in teamwork.. the poor teamwork is also why he's susceptible to 2011 and 2014-style losses, where he loses to superior teamwork (not talent).

but again how do you know the 2014 regular season went if you don't pay attention the the NBA anymore :D

ShawkFactory
11-27-2016, 07:58 PM

The Cavs are 3rd right now in AFG%.

They have great chemistry, and Lebron is facilitating that. Honestly doesn't seem like you know what you're talking about on this one :lol

egokiller
11-27-2016, 08:13 PM
Cavs beat a depleated GSW team by one possession these last finals. Let's see them beat a non depleated GSW team that also has KD on it come 2017 finals.

Not asking for much.......

TommyGriffin
11-27-2016, 08:27 PM
Cavs beat a depleated GSW team by one possession these last finals. Let's see them beat a non depleated GSW team that also has KD on it come 2017 finals.

Not asking for much.......
Warriors look like they will be easy for us this time around. Kevin and Kyrie are playing some amazing basketball and Golden State has no interior defense.

HylianNightmare
11-27-2016, 08:28 PM
Cry more

Nilocon165
11-27-2016, 08:29 PM
Warriors look like they will be easy for us this time around. Kevin and Kyrie are playing some amazing basketball and Golden State has no interior defense.
What do you mean by us? You're a rockets clipper fan

!@#$%Vectors!@#
11-27-2016, 08:31 PM
What do you mean by us? You're a rockets clipper fan

The TG account originally belonged to the a clippers fan who quit posting. This was his alt. he gave it to me then I have it away with his permission. The original owner was a Lebron Family member if that makes sense.

Lebron23
11-28-2016, 05:03 AM
Why don't you shut the F*ck up?

BigKAT
11-28-2016, 06:01 AM
The TG account originally belonged to the a clippers fan who quit posting. This was his alt. he gave it to me then I have it away with his permission. The original owner was a Lebron Family member if that makes sense.

That's not very believble, friend.

Anyhow, 3ball.
You always find reasons to hate/disapprove Lebron James.

If his teammates do bad - He's ruining them
If his teammates do good - He's being carried
If he wins it all -He's lucky
If he loses it all - The other team ain't that good anyway
If he wins FMVP - Someone elses deserve it

I mean, seriously man.
That guy (LBJ) is consuming so much of your time/thoughts/posts that I just sorta feel bad for you. Here's a little something I want to give you.

Please, instead of getting mad, just give it a little thought.

https://behapy.s3.amazonaws.com/37/44/383744/preview_canvas.png

Enjoy the damn game man.
Maybe you'll listen when it comes from your Idol. (The GOAT.)

https://media.giphy.com/media/l4Ki2obCyAQS5WhFe/giphy.gif

KyrieTheFuture
11-28-2016, 07:14 AM
God you're the worst poster on this board. You're defending a player who's been retired for over a decade and no one challenges his GOAT status. You're more insecure than anyone I've ever seen, and it's not even over yourself, it's over your idol.

pauk
11-28-2016, 07:50 AM

So you agree KOBE > JORDAN?

...and wait for it... ALL THOSE GUYS > BILL RUSSELL?

Jasper
11-28-2016, 10:37 AM

They accomplished that because Lebron became Jordan for 2 games, Kyrie was mini-Jordan, and Love was nowhere to be seen - THAT'S WHAT WORKED AND ALLOWED THE 1-POSSESSION VICTORY.

So now they're just all-world and can win a totally different way, with Love damn-near leading the Cavs in scoring?..

That's delusional and won't work.. With Lebron changing the strategy that WORKED and instead holding back, it's going to be 2014 all over again - that's when he changed up what worked from 2012 and 2013 (taking charge more), and saw his efficiency-driven passivity BLOWN AWAY in the Finals.. LeRest and LePlay-it-safe will get his team destroyed again..

Don't be fooled by "college-like" regular season that has no effect in the "pro-level" playoffs and Finals.. People will be surprised again, just like 2011 and 2014.. Remember how surprised everyone was in those Finals?.. Well, get ready for another surprise.. I'm looking forward to it.
. :facepalm

Warriors just barely lost /

tpols
11-28-2016, 10:55 AM
So you agree KOBE > JORDAN?

...and wait for it... ALL THOSE GUYS > BILL RUSSELL?

nah, but you gotta put results / stats / etc into context when there's such an overwhelming gap in competition like that ...

ArbitraryWater
11-28-2016, 11:07 AM
nah, but you gotta put results / stats / etc into context when there's such an overwhelming gap in competition like that ...

hey smartie boy, what happened to GSW struggling? :oldlol: Looking like another 70+ win season, I was right again.. say it