PDA

View Full Version : Would you be in the NBA if you were taller?

Orlando Magic
10-29-2016, 02:37 PM
How many of you are delusional enough to believe that if you were taller or someone you knew was taller, you or they would be in the NBA? I am seriously dying to know. This seems to be a topic that pops up every few years as new kids start posting and finding out about life.

For one second... I want you to imagine the gap between LeBron and the NBA's worst player. The gap between LeBron and the 10th best player in the league is already pretty huge right? Now imagine the gap between LeBron and the league's worst player.

Now take the league's worst player and try to understand that the gap between you and him is probably similar to that of the gap between himself and LeBron.

Are there guys out there that if they were 5 or 6 inches taller with the EXACT same skillset that they have now that would be in the league? Sure. Undoubtedly. But what makes some of those taller guys even more special is the fact that they haven't seemingly "lost" any of their athleticism due to their height. That is such a rare thing to be extremely tall and extremely athletic.

Point being is that the world isn't a vacuum in which the only thing holding you back is your height. That's not how this shit works. Statistics more than support the idea that super tall people generally are no where near as athletic as NBA players... never mind even super tall people... just regular height people in general are not even close to being that athletic... so for them to be super tall and super athletic is literally a Godsend. It's a faulty argument that can't be proven... because if you hit the growth spurt necessary to be "NBA acceptable height" who's to say that you'd retain your gifts? Which btw, are probably self built up bullshit gifts that aren't really gifts. You're average. I'm sorry. It's true.

You aren't special and your height is NOT holding you back. You're not that good. You actually... suck... compared to the worst NBA player. Just FYI.

I am 6'8". I have 10+ family members that crack 6 foot, half of which are 6'5" plus and even if they worked their asses off none of them would have ever even sniffed the league. I've met player after player on the playgrounds over the years that is roughly my height or even taller. And none of them ARE AT ALL sniffing the NBA. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Go look at clips of NBA players dicking around with fans. Dwyane Wade goes in what is literally slow motion for him and he makes people look like they're sitting still. Scalibrene took on some fans a few years back and decimated them all even with him being the only guy that had to grind every single game out. And these weren't just shitty guys. They were ok in terms of street skill... pretty good in fact. Decimated.

iamgine
10-29-2016, 02:48 PM
Well I mean if you can spot up decently and able to play team defense, then some NBA teams could use you. Maybe as a 9th man or something.

oarabbus
10-29-2016, 02:48 PM
I mean you have to be seriously mentally incapacitated to think that a simple height boost with your same skillset would land you in the NBA.

That being said, I do know a couple people who could chop it up in the D-League. Had they been 3-4" taller, yeah, I do think they could be an end-of-bench guy in the NBA. Another example, J Lin is from my hometown and tons of people told him he'd never be close to making the NBA his whole life and he's a starting PG today (even if for the terrible Nets).

Also Isaiah Thomas and JJ Barea are 5'9" and 5'11", think about how much more talented they are than the vast majority of 6'3"+ guys in the league to be valuable players in the league. IT is probably 10,000x more talented (as a conservative estimate) than OP if he's a foot shorter and drops double doubles in the league. He must be 1000x as skilled as a Marcus Morris to be a good starter in the NBA at probably 5'8".

BigKAT
10-29-2016, 02:52 PM
Quality bench minutes in 2nd tier European League. (Like European D-League.)
*Not Eurocup. I'm talking about European Local Leagues. Israeli League, Greek League, stuff like that. So, like, the 2nd tier of that.
That seems like where I'd go if I was taller. And only if I worked my ass off.
I've got a nice shooting stroke but still.

You need to be Elite to play basketball for a living.
You need to be Insanely good to be a starter on a European team.
And you need to be one of the best 500 players in the world to make it to the NBA.

So a big, fat no.

Bankaii
10-29-2016, 02:59 PM
No doubt. Make me 6'6 and I'm Gerald Green level, with a much better shot and much lower vert.

iamgine
10-29-2016, 03:04 PM
Quality bench minutes in 2nd tier European League. (Like European D-League.)

That seems like where I'd go if I was taller. And only if I worked my ass off.
I've got a nice shooting stroke but still.

You need to be Elite to play basketball for a living.
You need to be Insanely good to be a starter on a European team.
And you need to be one of the best 500 players in the world to make it to the NBA.

So a big, fat no.
This is not necessarily true.

Sometimes you just need a unique skillset that a team needs. For example, Shooting lights out is something that even high school girls can do. So anyone can do it. So if you're tall with great shooting, even if you don't have anything else, teams might need you just for garbage time and so they can practice defending big guys who has range (AD, Cousins, etc).

Lord P
10-29-2016, 03:14 PM
Currently 6'2"
If I was 7'0", I legitimately believe that I could be in the league as a Joel Embiid type center.

tpols
10-29-2016, 03:38 PM
true..
I feel like most people overestimate their own athleticism. Most have never even watched themselves on tape

short guys love to use that excuse to rationalize why they arent that good.. Fact is you need top 1% in skill athleticism and just good fortune to make it, most saying they could if they were taller dont even come close in other facets.

Its like that study that showed lower iq predict themselves for higher test scores and vice versa for high iq

Jasper
10-29-2016, 03:40 PM
Back in my day , if I was 6'9" I would of been beating up on Karl Malone :oldlol:

kshutts1
10-29-2016, 04:05 PM
I agree with the OP, even if it does sound a little personal based on his supposed height, and lack of basketball ability.

But what about the inverse to your argument, OP? What about IF someone that loved basketball as much as us was that tall, would they not practice more? Knowing they had a legit shot?

Hell, if I was 6'8, you better believe I would have practiced for at least 6 hours a day all through my later years (once I realized how tall I should/could be), rather than the 1-2 that I did practice. And it would have been more focused, too, potentially with paying for coaching.

Granted, practice wouldn't help the athleticism, and that's a super valid argument, but there is a flip side to it, too. None of us work that hard, but none of us have any real delusions about having even an outside shot at making it... so why work that hard?

lilteapot
10-29-2016, 04:16 PM
Hell no, I'm so uncoordinated it isn't even funny. I'm a decent passer though.

Fire Colangelo
10-29-2016, 04:32 PM
First of all, I don't agree with the notion that the difference with Lebron and the leagues worst player is the same as the difference between the leagues worst player and me.

I'm sure the leagues worst small forward can ATLEAST hang with Lebron for a few minutes, and maybe even score on Lebron occasionally.

The worst player in the league would absolutely rape me in his sleep

Orlando Magic
10-29-2016, 04:33 PM
First of all, I don't agree with the notion that the difference with Lebron and the leagues worst player is the same as the difference between the leagues worst player and me.

I'm sure the leagues worst small forward can ATLEAST hang with Lebron for a few minutes, and maybe even score on Lebron occasionally.

The worst player in the league would absolutely rape me in his sleep

Eh... I disagree. The gap between LeBron and the worst NBA player is pretty ****ing large. But you agree with my viewpoint for the most part, so kudos.

Sarcastic
10-29-2016, 04:36 PM
I mean the taller you are, the better your chances improve. If you're 6 feet tall, your chances are 1 out of 100,000. If you're 6'6" your chances are 1 out of 8,000. If you're 7 feet, you're chances are 1 out 7.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/11/03/sunday-review/so-you-want-to-play-pro-basketball.html?_r=0

So yea, height helps. Obviously you need skill too, but that is trainable and easier to improve than genetics.

oarabbus
10-29-2016, 04:44 PM
If I was 7'6" I would be in the NBA though

Rake2204
10-29-2016, 04:46 PM
I mean the taller you are, the better your chances improve. If you're 6 feet tall, your chances are 1 out of 100,000. If you're 6'6" your chances are 1 out of 8,000. If you're 7 feet, you're chances are 1 out 7.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/11/03/sunday-review/so-you-want-to-play-pro-basketball.html?_r=0

So yea, height helps. Obviously you need skill too, but that is trainable and easier to improve than genetics."Taller" is a loose term. If we're talking about 5'7'' guys who think they'd be in the league if only they were 6'4'', then no.

But I reckon there's a fair amount of players out there, and likely some here on site somewhere who'd become NBA options if they maintained their skill set but jumped to 7'0'' tall or above.

Of course, that opens the argument of "Well when you grow to be that tall then it becomes tougher to maintain certain assets like coordination and athleticism." And if we're taking that into account, then that complicates things. But if guys get to keep all their assets, boosting to 7'0'' would give a lot of people a chance.

Smoke117
10-29-2016, 04:46 PM
You don't need to be that good if you are tall enough...I went to high school with Jamal Sampson and he couldn't ball worth a shit, but ended up being a backup center in the NBA for awhile because he was 6-11.

Orlando Magic
10-29-2016, 04:48 PM

So yea, height helps. Obviously you need skill too, but that is trainable and easier to improve than genetics.

Those statistics pretty much say it all.

6'8" to 6'11" and your chances are ONE IN TWO HUNDRED. THAT'S A 0.5% chance. LOL.

If you were 6'4" to 6'7" your chances are 0.000125%.

If that doesn't wake you ****ers up, nothing's going to.

Even if you were SEVEN FEET TALL+... your chances are 14%. 14.

Orlando Magic
10-29-2016, 04:51 PM
You don't need to be that good if you are tall enough...I went to high school with Jamal Sampson and he couldn't ball worth a shit, but ended up being a backup center in the NBA for awhile because he was 6-11.

OK. And at that height he's 1 out of 200.

You think the fact that he was 6-11 guaranteed he even spent a minute in the league?

ONE IN TWO HUNDRED. AT 6'11". SINK IT IN YOUR HEAD.

TO TOP IT OFF HE WAS OUT OF THE LEAGUE IN 5 YEARS! AND HE ONLY PLAYED 631 MINUTES TOTAL. LOL.

FireDavidKahn
10-29-2016, 04:55 PM
Nobody here would

jstern
10-29-2016, 05:02 PM
I was just thinking about this. The average NBA height is 6'7" tall. That is a giant compared to regular people. The shorter you are, the more competition you would have to fight for a position. So PG is the most competitive position. That's where you really have to fight hard to get into the NBA.

Personally I think I have a legitimate chance if I was 6'7". Skills wise I'm more like Kobe, having dissected all of Jordan's moves and their subtleties. I'm much better than the average person. If my job was to play basketball, my skill level would be really, really, high.

boldarblood
10-29-2016, 05:13 PM
99.999999+% of the people here could not even make it in D League. There maybe some that might be able to be a deep backup in some of the smaller market leagues (like Asian leagues, Philippine leagues, etc).

And I would guess that anyone saying they could are delusional and most likely 25 and younger.

There is always beer leagues.

jstern
10-29-2016, 05:15 PM
"Taller" is a loose term. If we're talking about 5'7'' guys who think they'd be in the league if only they were 6'4'', then no.

But I reckon there's a fair amount of players out there, and likely some here on site somewhere who'd become NBA options if they maintained their skill set but jumped to 7'0'' tall or above.

Of course, that opens the argument of "Well when you grow to be that tall then it becomes tougher to maintain certain assets like coordination and athleticism." And if we're taking that into account, then that complicates things. But if guys get to keep all their assets, boosting to 7'0'' would give a lot of people a chance.

Ok, I just read that there are 70 people in the US between 20 and 40 years old who are over 7 feet tall in the United States. 17% of them are in the NBA. I would say that anyone in ISH who suddenly grew up to be 7 tall would make it to the NBA, judging by shot statistics.

Out of 40 people, how many have a natural interest in basketball to the point that if they were shorter they would spend time to create and account and talk basketball? 100% of those people are not basketball lovers. I would say that number is less than the 17% in the NBA. So they have a significant advantage there.

moongaze
10-29-2016, 05:29 PM
No, but I'd have a much better chance making it than I do now at my current height of 6'1

HylianNightmare
10-29-2016, 05:34 PM
All star for sure

FKAri
10-29-2016, 05:39 PM
I think OP made this thread in response to a comment I made in another thread that he misunderstood. I just saw that thread has been derailed by Laz into another Wilt rambling (surprise). But this is the thread and I clarified myself later on.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=420464

Kblaze8855
10-29-2016, 05:48 PM
Are there guys out there that if they were 5 or 6 inches taller with the EXACT same skillset that they have now that would be in the league? Sure.

I think this is often what people mean though. Not if they lose mobility and skill as they grow. They think they could make it if they had 5'9'' mobility in a 6'9'' body. And it isnt unreasonable to me....because that makes you a freak.

Im not even 6'3'' and most people my height that I know arent quick. Some of my old friends in the 5'9'' range who could dunk? These little jumping jacks who can bang on you on a putback even if not on a contested drive? Make those guys 6'10'' with their mobility and they would seem superhuman.

Ive played some great...athletic...bigmen. Ive been around young Kevin Garnett. he was quick....but he wasnt any quicker than the normal sized people. But he was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too quick for someone 6'5'' and up. The kind of normal big guy who always played inside back in the 90s? He was usually like....6'4''.. or 6'6'' in high school or just at the park. Hes big...not NBA big. Guys like you and a little smaller.

Those guys cant move for shit compared to normal sized athletic people. Kevin Garnett is normal sized guy quick....but at his height? You cant do shit with him.

To be as big and strong as NBA players are with even normal guy mobility is crazy.

They are also waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more skilled than people give them credit for. NBA players who suck could outshoot most of us who can shoot. I wouldnt bet against Tree Rollins vs anyone I know shooting 18 foot jumpers and he couldnt shoot for shit in the NBA. I didnt see him miss one time when I met him. And he was long retired.

So im not saying me.....my mobility...in your body...makes me an NBA player. Im saying if you could move like I could move at 17....you have the baseline athletic ability to build your game around. I wasnt NBA guard athletic...I could beat plenty in things you could test....reps with weights. Vertical. The things a lot of them dont have much of. But I didnt have the quickness im sure. But my better than average normal guy level...in a guy the size of Lamar Odom?

I think we just arent giving due respect to how unlikely it is for the giants to move like that.

Even the freaks dont do it gracefully. Like Lebron. Hes faster...and quicker...than normal people. But you can tell hes big. Hes lumbering a bit. Hes hardly Steve Nash graceful out there.

You just dont get to combine those packages.

Orlando Magic
10-29-2016, 05:58 PM
I think this is often what people mean though. Not if they lose mobility and skill as they grow. They think they could make it if they had 5'9'' mobility in a 6'9'' body. And it isnt unreasonable to me....because that makes you a freak.

But how is that really any different than a 7 foot stiff that says damn! If only I had the mobility of a 5'9" dude I'd be in the league! And this is only part of it...

They are also waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more skilled than people give them credit for. NBA players who suck could outshoot most of us who can shoot. I wouldnt bet against Tree Rollins vs anyone I know shooting 18 foot jumpers and he couldnt shoot for shit in the NBA. I didnt see him miss one time when I met him. And he was long retired.

That's the point. And I'm not even saying that Tree Rollins wouldn't miss any shots... he would. It's just that people are living in fantasy land when they like to elevate themselves to that level "if only"...

I think we just arent giving due respect to how unlikely it is for the giants to move like that.

That's a big part of it.

Even the freaks dont do it gracefully. Like Lebron. Hes faster...and quicker...than normal people. But you can tell hes big. Hes lumbering a bit. Hes hardly Steve Nash graceful out there.

You just dont get to combine those packages.

Agreed.

Orlando Magic
10-29-2016, 06:01 PM
It's almost like... "if only God loved me a little more, I'd be in the NBA!"

When in reality, no. Even if God gave you that height, the overwhelming statistics don't support it.

CelticBaller
10-29-2016, 06:08 PM
When I was young (like 10) I knew I wasn't going to be super tall, so I spend all my efforts on football and baseball. I was top 20 in baseball in my state and in the top 40 in football in my senior year. I'm probably athletic enough to be a ball player, but these guys work ethic and actual ability are surreal and I met and played a few d league and actuall college ball players, I'm below 6'ft and could almost dunk, just to let ya know.

feyki
10-29-2016, 06:30 PM
If names like Isaiah,Kemba,Barea,Lowry etc. Can play in the NBA .. No execuse .

Fire Colangelo
10-29-2016, 07:11 PM
Eh... I disagree. The gap between LeBron and the worst NBA player is pretty ****ing large. But you agree with my viewpoint for the most part, so kudos.

Idk man, one of my buddies that was on a d3 team in college absolutely got his shit pushed in by Landry Fields a couple years ago, this was when Fields was averaging 2ppg.

Considering the fact that I routinely get my shit pushed in by my buddy, I'd say that there's probably another tier between the NBA's worst player and the average joe.

But then again, maybe I just suck :oldlol: :oldlol:

Anyways, point taken. Nobody on this site would make the NBA just by gaining some height. Probably won't even make the D-League/Oversea leagues, even if they made it they would be at the end of the bench.

ralph_i_el
10-29-2016, 07:13 PM
If you are 7ft and can run, you can make the NBA.

Considering that 1 in 3 7ft men play pro basketball at one point in their life, yes. If I was 7ft I could play pro somewhere. Most of us could.

I was one of the 3 best water polo players in my state in high school. If I had been a giant I would have played bball instead. I'd say I'd have a shot as an poor (poooor) man's Bill Walton. I was a pretty sick passer in the pool, and passing in water polo is similar to passing from the post in bball.

You can only use one hand at a time in water polo and I've thrown some pretty sick alley-oop type passes from 10-15 yards out (one handed, treading water for leverage).

Fire Colangelo
10-29-2016, 07:22 PM

Considering that 1 in 3 7ft men play pro basketball at one point in their life, yes. If I was 7ft I could play pro somewhere. Most of us could.

I was one of the 3 best water polo players in my state in high school. If I had been a giant I would have played bball instead. I'd say I'd have a shot as an poor (poooor) man's Bill Walton. I was a pretty sick passer in the pool, and passing in water polo is similar to passing from the post in bball.

You can only use one hand at a time in water polo and I've thrown some pretty sick alley-oop type passes from 10-15 yards out (one handed, treading water for leverage).

Water polo is hard as ****, props for doing so well in that sport.

I tried it once, and my whole body hurt after the game. It's much more tiring than basketball.

ralph_i_el
10-29-2016, 07:31 PM
Water polo is hard as ****, props for doing so well in that sport.

I tried it once, and my whole body hurt after the game. It's much more tiring than basketball.

I miss it, not many opportunities for me to play these days.

I started really young, and a lot of players don't start until age 13. My dad was all state in cali back in the day, so I got expert tutelage.

What's crazy is that since I played so much polo, basketball actually tires me out more. Ive barfed from balling too hard on more occasions than I'd like to admit.

Smoke117
10-29-2016, 07:35 PM

Bill Walton is a top 10 talent all time (i'm convinced he would be a top 10 player all time if not for the injuries that sidelined his career), so we must be talking about a poor, poor, poor, poor, pooooooooooor man's Bill Walton. :D

ralph_i_el
10-29-2016, 07:39 PM
Bill Walton is a top 10 talent all time (i'm convinced he would be a top 10 player all time if not for the injuries that sidelined his career), so we must be talking about a poor, poor, poor, poor, pooooooooooor man's Bill Walton. :D

True:lol

I just admire and emulate his skill at passing from the post. I also pretend to be bad-back old Larry Bird when I have the ball at the top of the key :lol

Gougou
10-29-2016, 08:44 PM
6'1 here, I wish I am around 6'11-7'3 to play in the NBA, with some decent athletic ability.

RoseCity07
10-29-2016, 10:19 PM
I believe I could have made at least a D1 team if I was 6-6. Because I'm a pretty damn good passer and ball handler. Sort of a Stockton like game.

NBA? Who knows.

Draz
10-29-2016, 10:38 PM
Umm.. being tall is the ONLY requirement to be in the NBA

Spurs5Rings2014
10-30-2016, 02:18 AM
For sure. I knew a 7 footer in HS who went on to play in the NBA and he was trash. Obviously like Kblaze said, only if I got to keep my freak athleticism/coordination though.

Sarcastic
10-30-2016, 02:52 AM
Height is more important in basketball than any other physical attribute is important to any other sport, except for horse racing jockey.

Lebron23
10-30-2016, 03:16 AM
If I have the body of a Bismack Biyombo.

GimmeThat
10-30-2016, 04:58 AM
could you change the world even after you had gotten into the NBA?

kshutts1
10-30-2016, 07:03 AM
Idk man, one of my buddies that was on a d3 team in college absolutely got his shit pushed in by Landry Fields a couple years ago, this was when Fields was averaging 2ppg.

Considering the fact that I routinely get my shit pushed in by my buddy, I'd say that there's probably another tier between the NBA's worst player and the average joe.

There are obviously way more tiers than someone quickly alluded to earlier.

Generally speaking, the normal fans of basketball are below college (yes, even D3) level.

I do not know enough about D2 to comment on that... hell, I don't even know if that's a thing. But I would bet that most of the REALLY GOOD D3 players could be a bench player... like 8th man kinda thing... on a D1 school, obviously deeper on the bench on a better team.

Then most D1 college players don't make the NBA, obviously, as they only draft 60 players.

So yeah.. there's a whole host of tiers. The vast majority of the people that play basketball would get destroyed by a decent D3 player.. even if that person played, and did well, in High School.

Nash
10-30-2016, 08:17 AM
Do I get to keep by skills that I have with me at a 6-9 frame?

yeah, still no :lol

ILLsmak
10-30-2016, 08:19 AM
I've done a lot of damage to my body by exercising excessively. I think I could have played in the NBA if I kept my current skill set and was about 6'9 haha. Assuming my body didn't break down and that I could start over at an NBA age.

That'd be a huge thing, though. I don't have any special skills just athleticism, toughness, intuition.

The thing is, if you are already 6'9 or whatever you probably have no idea what it's like to be much shorter and how you move. I'd def have tried harder at basketball, because I am short and I knew there was no chance of me doing anything. I thought I would grow because other people in my family did. My mom/dad are both highly athletic, but I just didn't grow + killing my ankle as a teenager.

I think it would depend on work. I feel like anyone with good athleticism could make the NBA at 6'9 if they worked hard enough... and if they had some level of mental toughness.

-Smak

AirBonner
10-30-2016, 09:10 AM
People are delusional in here :lol no one here would have a chance on a local pick up team let alone a nba team. Smh.

Prime_Shaq
10-30-2016, 10:01 AM
Maybe as a towel boy.

AintNoSunshine
10-30-2016, 10:43 AM
How many of you are delusional enough to believe that if you were taller or someone you knew was taller, you or they would be in the NBA? I am seriously dying to know. This seems to be a topic that pops up every few years as new kids start posting and finding out about life.

For one second... I want you to imagine the gap between LeBron and the NBA's worst player. The gap between LeBron and the 10th best player in the league is already pretty huge right? Now imagine the gap between LeBron and the league's worst player.

Now take the league's worst player and try to understand that the gap between you and him is probably similar to that of the gap between himself and LeBron.

No. Imagine the gap between the worst NBA player to dudes in the D League. Then think about how an average D Leaguer is going dominate your local gym. This is how you see the real gap between some normal guy to NBA players.

Back on topic, I think I can make the NBA if I was taller. But like 5 feet taller.

Orlando Magic
10-30-2016, 10:57 AM
No. Imagine the gap between the worst NBA player to dudes in the D League. Then think about how an average D Leaguer is going dominate your local gym. This is how you see the real gap between some normal guy to NBA players.

Back on topic, I think I can make the NBA if I was taller. But like 5 feet taller.

I think we just have differing opinions on how good LeBron truly is. I'm not talking about going 1 on 1, because I wouldn't pick LeBron for that.

In terms of 1 on 1, a better illustration would be Michael Jordan, perhaps.

InfiniteBaskets
10-30-2016, 12:02 PM

If I were 40 feet tall with 20 feet long limbs I may have a shot as I could camp out in center court and play offensive and defensive without moving.

Prime Dwight and DeAndre Jordan would not be able to jump and touch my kneecaps so I should be good.

Unfortunately they'd have to put me back in the lab from which I was created. :lol

smoovegittar
10-30-2016, 02:17 PM
Plenty of fodder here for the "Most Bullshit Posted on ISH" thread.

None of ya'll could make the league in here, no matter the size. Hell, half of you don't even know the game outside of videos. :rolleyes:

FKAri
10-30-2016, 03:02 PM
If I were 40 feet tall with 20 feet long limbs I may have a shot as I could camp out in center court and play offensive and defensive without moving.

Prime Dwight and DeAndre Jordan would not be able to jump and touch my kneecaps so I should be good.

Unfortunately they'd have to put me back in the lab from which I was created. :lol
You could stand inside the paint with both feet planted outside the paint. That's GOAT game breaking stuff :lol

feyki
10-30-2016, 04:58 PM
:lol :lol

● 33+ VERT
● 70/100 on 3pt Training

Welcome to the NBA :rockon: .

eliteballer
10-30-2016, 05:37 PM
There's plenty of tall guys who wash out of the NBA after a few years. Look at the top 20 picks of any draft.

Look at all the dudes playing in the D League, Europe, China, other minor leagues.

What people seem to forget is that the current collection of talent in any pro sports league is an accumulation of the best talent of the last 10-15 years.

Every year there is new talent coming in.

EVERY YEAR.

It's like when you look at good college QB's who don't pan out in the NFL.

Does that mean those guys aren't good at football?

No, its just that there are only so many spots and the guys filling those other spots are the best of the best of the last 10-15 years.

eeeeeebro
10-31-2016, 01:13 PM
I have a very good behind the back fake that gets me open for jump shots. its unique to the nba it seems. If i was taller i would definitely develope an awesome hook shot like the 60s talls did.

Hey Yo
10-31-2016, 03:04 PM
Those statistics pretty much say it all.

6'8" to 6'11" and your chances are ONE IN TWO HUNDRED. THAT'S A 0.5% chance. LOL.

If you were 6'4" to 6'7" your chances are 0.000125%.

If that doesn't wake you ****ers up, nothing's going to.

Even if you were SEVEN FEET TALL+... your chances are 14%. 14.
6'9 Joel Anthony is one of the worst players I've ever seen, let a lone a starting player (at times) Dude played 10 seasons and avg. 15MP, 2PTS, 3TRB and 1 block.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/anthojo01.html

Even with his height, he had no business playing in the NBA.