PDA

View Full Version : Jabari Parker is ridiculously better than Wiggins...Highligthts vs Bulls (21p/6r/4a)

k0kakw0rld
10-15-2016, 11:33 PM
Freak of nature :biggums: It is not fair for the league... :applause:
Link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq_Bj75_dzk)

3ball
10-15-2016, 11:44 PM
Yeah, some of the stuff he does is downright scary

And lot of guys coming in the league have pf body but play guard - some of them can't bang inside worth a lick tho, whereas he has that too

Jasper
10-16-2016, 12:22 AM
He is showing his prowls , as a college offensive minded player.
When he joined the Bucks , he knew his weakness is defense.
His 'D' has improved , and his will to learn the game , will get better.

*Remember he basically lost a year from injury in his rook year...
BUT on the bench he watched and listened.

lilteapot
10-16-2016, 12:25 AM
He is way more explosive than you would think.

Kyle2Demar
10-16-2016, 12:32 AM
One game, in preseason. Wiggins has proven way more throughout their careers.

Jasper
10-16-2016, 12:36 AM
ISH posters are looking at college careers as well as where they were drafted.

CuhGetsBucks
10-16-2016, 12:40 AM
ISH posters are looking at college careers as well as where they were drafted.
What do you mean?

dubnation
10-16-2016, 12:43 AM
DAMN that spin was sexy

Jabari's going to have a big year. He's obviously more explosive than he was in the past (though he was underrated in that area before).

Milbuck
10-16-2016, 12:47 AM
He's going to make a lot of people who wrote him off look stupid.

Another 21 vs Dallas, highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwQdowm6-E4

Easy 20+ ppg this year.

AirBonner
10-16-2016, 01:36 AM
He's going to make a lot of people who wrote him off look stupid.

Another 21 vs Dallas, highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwQdowm6-E4

Easy 20+ ppg this year.
While he has improved I don't think he will make that big of a jump

CTbasketball92
10-16-2016, 01:46 AM
Idk if I can say he's better than Wiggins, but he looks much more deft with the ball. He looks way less rigid than wiggins, and he's prob. at least as strong. As far as his explosiveness goes, he's got a good first step, what appears to be explosive strength and a really high vertical. Legit wing skills with really good athleticism. He could be really good.

CuterThanRubio
10-16-2016, 03:17 AM
The Wiggins slander on the board is reaching critical mass, I'll be sleeping soundly while he torments you guys in your nightmares pretty soon

The Bucks got stomped by 20+ and the Bulls big 3 wasn't even active, that team is going to suck so badly

Meanwhile, The Wolves won again, 3-1 record, Wiggins had a nearly identical statline with 24 and 4 and was a +13 while Jabari was only a + 3

Jabari needed 10 FT attempts and Wiggins only shot 6

I can feel the sense of discomfort creeping in, the clock is ticking!

Bigsmoke
10-16-2016, 03:37 AM
Wiggins averaged those numbers last year didn't he?

HenryGarfunkle
10-16-2016, 04:06 AM
Wiggins averaged those numbers last year didn't he?
Quite frankly, neither of these guys are all that great. Jabari isn't explosive enough for my taste.. and wiggins isn't graceful enough

Therefore, both guys are trash in their own right. There's a byproduct to being a LeBron stan and it's the fact that everybody you watch looks like shit compared to him, including MJ.

feyki
10-16-2016, 03:12 PM
Very impressive . I wish he could reach Parsons level this year .

SamuraiSWISH
10-16-2016, 03:47 PM
Looked smooth AF ... a less jump shot happy Melo? He was even finishing about the rim quite well. Ran the break hard in transition as well. If buddy could lose like 15 lbs, tone up, and stay healthy? Yikes.

Kool Boy
10-16-2016, 04:54 PM
looks like a solid number 2 overall draft pick. Idk if he can live up to that pick but he seems good.

PeroAntic
10-16-2016, 05:15 PM
Hes a mix of Blake and Melo. If he works hard, as hard as Blake did, I see this guy in the MVP conversation. He literally has everything.

G-train
10-16-2016, 06:06 PM
Reminds me of Charles Barkley.

SamuraiSWISH
10-16-2016, 06:31 PM
Reminds me of Charles Barkley.
Not ... even ... close

Chuck was like a Power SG. He's only 6'4 or 6'5.

He could post, dominate the block, rebound his ass off, dribble, jump out the gym, start or run the break, athletic, finish above the rim, could shoot the three ball.

I honesty don't see the comparison at all. He's closer to Melo or Glenn Robinson.

tpols
10-16-2016, 06:35 PM
Not ... even ... close

He could post, dominate the block, rebound his ass off, dribble, jump out the gym, start or run the break, athletic, finish above the rim, could shoot the three ball.

I honesty don't see the comparison at all. He's closer to Melo or Glenn Robinson.

he looks like he has a young paul pierce floor game.. even down to the baby fat and patchy facial hair

G-train
10-16-2016, 07:37 PM
Not ... even ... close

He could post, dominate the block, dribble, jump out the gym, start or run the break, athletic, finish above the rim, could shoot the three ball.

I don't give a shit.
He reminds ME of Charles Barkley.

Beside, Barkley was 6'6. Just like anyone in NBA is 6'6, and 6'4 and half bare foot.

And farking newsflash:

He could post, dominate the block, dribble, jump out the gym, start or run the break, athletic, finish above the rim, could shoot the three ball.

Jabari Parker does this a lot, and similar to a young Barkley. I'm not comparing him to Phoenix Suns/Rockets Barkley. I'm comparing him to young Barkley.

So basically, jam your 'not even close' up your ass.

Milbuck
10-16-2016, 07:49 PM
Look, he's not saying he's going to be as good as Barkley. He's just talking stylistic similarities, the ferocity and aggressiveness in their dunking, movement, etc.

I mean, watch these highlights and tell me you don't see just a tiny bit of Barkley in some of those dunks.

https://youtu.be/ZwQdowm6-E4?t=34s

LostCause
10-16-2016, 07:52 PM
While he has improved I don't think he will make that big of a jump

First time I ever agreed with Bonner lol

Parkers far from the talent he was hyped to be coming out of college. He's no franchise star and will very likely never reach superstar status, same for Wiggins. Embiid may though if he remains healthy

Parker definitely needs to work on his 3 pt shooting regardless

As for Parker/Barkley, I just don't see it

GrapeApe
10-16-2016, 08:33 PM
Quite frankly, neither of these guys are all that great. Jabari isn't explosive enough for my taste.. and wiggins isn't graceful enough

Therefore, both guys are trash in their own right. There's a byproduct to being a LeBron stan and it's the fact that everybody you watch looks like shit compared to him, including MJ.

Then you've clearly never seen MJ.

Jasper
10-17-2016, 09:37 AM
You know I truly thought he had his own game !!!

One of the first pic's I saw of him during rook photo shoot day , I could not believe the size of his legs and calf's.

First thought was that guy would never get injured, then bam right out of the gun he is injured with a knee injury.

His rook , soph year his game seemed like he was finding his way.

Like college that fluid play has finally arrived , and he looks awesome this season.
Comparing his game to Barkley was I thought a laugh , but he has gone into the lane , 1 against 3 and jammed it. (DAM)
A couple years ago , the posters on ISH stated the young Bucks are naive about the league and their skill level at this level of play.

NOW I THINK the league is naive about the Bucks skill level.

Maybe not on paper yet , but this team has talent through the roof.

ralph_i_el
10-17-2016, 09:44 AM
He doesn't look like he's moving that fast, then he jumps and you're like :wtf:

His vert might not be the greatest, but he floats. I guess that's good horizontal explosion on the leap. Great body control too.

Kinda reminds me a of a chunky T-Mac. T-Mac in Antoine Walker's body???

k0kakw0rld
10-17-2016, 10:17 AM
You know I truly thought he had his own game !!!

One of the first pic's I saw of him during rook photo shoot day , I could not believe the size of his legs and calf's.

First thought was that guy would never get injured, then bam right out of the gun he is injured with a knee injury.

His rook , soph year his game seemed like he was finding his way.

Like college that fluid play has finally arrived , and he looks awesome this season.
Comparing his game to Barkley was I thought a laugh , but he has gone into the lane , 1 against 3 and jammed it. (DAM)
A couple years ago , the posters on ISH stated the young Bucks are naive about the league and their skill level at this level of play.

NOW I THINK the league is naive about the Bucks skill level.

Maybe not on paper yet , but this team has talent through the roof.
I see a lot of Barkley in him too. Barkley is my top 5 all time favorite player. So It's understandable that I like and appreciate Jabari's game. Great post mate :cheers:

HurricaneKid
10-17-2016, 10:54 AM
Jabari isn't explosive enough for my taste..

Just say you haven't seen him. Its clear that's the case.

Captvic
10-17-2016, 11:04 AM
While that was impressive, give me Wiggins still. Can't teach defensive hustle

HurricaneKid
10-17-2016, 11:44 AM
While that was impressive, give me Wiggins still. Can't teach defensive hustle

And Wiggins showed you that? Last year? When he was one of the worst defenders in the game despite having exceptional athleticism?

Annyong!
10-17-2016, 01:15 PM
Wiggins has stayed healthier. Parker was running off with ROY until his injury their rookie years.

AirBonner
10-17-2016, 01:21 PM
Wiggins has stayed healthier. Parker was running off with ROY until his injury their rookie years.
:biggums: He played 25 games and averaged 12ppg. :coleman:

Milbuck
10-17-2016, 01:47 PM
He doesn't look like he's moving that fast, then he jumps and you're like :wtf:

His vert might not be the greatest, but he floats. I guess that's good horizontal explosion on the leap. Great body control too.

Kinda reminds me a of a chunky T-Mac. T-Mac in Antoine Walker's body???
His vert is probably the best part of his athleticism, or second only to his first step

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK5pgpyfgBE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaXbNXEJzwM

Annyong!
10-17-2016, 03:43 PM
:biggums: He played 25 games and averaged 12ppg. :coleman:
And as of that time, Wiggins was playing worse than Parker. Wiggins was scoring slightly more (not his final rookie ppg), but Parker was more well rounded and more efficient. Wiggins upped his production throughout the season. Parker was likely to do the same if he didn't go down.

dunksby
10-17-2016, 03:56 PM
Nothing surprising if you had kept an eye on him last season, he is building on a very good season, could be easily MIP.

Nick Young
10-17-2016, 04:06 PM
Wiggins is better. Wiggins has the clutch factor.

k0kakw0rld
10-24-2019, 09:00 PM
Straight up beast. I just don't get it man

So much potential :facepalm