PDA

View Full Version : Whats the expectations for Wade this season??

Dray n Klay
09-19-2016, 11:14 PM
LeBron is still expected to be a contender this season, even though he doesnt have a single teammate who made the all-star game last season.

What are the expectations for Wade, who DOES have an all-star in his roster in Jimmy Butler?

guy
09-19-2016, 11:39 PM
The f*ck is your point? Who the hell says Wade and Lebron are comparable? Are you that insecure about your boy?:oldlol:

SamuraiSWISH
09-19-2016, 11:40 PM
I say 19/4/4

And is OP insinuating Kyrie and Love aren't perrenial all star caliber players?

Dray n Klay
09-19-2016, 11:41 PM
The f*ck is your point? Who the hell says Wade and Lebron are comparable? Are you that insecure about your boy?:oldlol:

Weren't people saying Wade was on LeBrons level their entire career? :confusedshrug:

Now all of a sudden you don't want to compare them?

SamuraiSWISH
09-19-2016, 11:44 PM
They were for a stretch.

Brief period where Wade was better too. Namely in 2006 and 2007.

In 2009 - 2011 they were comparable at times. After that LeBrom firmly pulled away.

G-train
09-19-2016, 11:49 PM
LeBrom firmly pulled away.

:banana:

G-train
09-19-2016, 11:52 PM
14/4/3
50-60 games

Bankaii
09-19-2016, 11:53 PM
I say 19/4/4

And is OP insinuating Kyrie and Love aren't perrenial all star caliber players?
Love on a contending team isn't on that level.
Even if you want to blame Lebron somehow, Kevin on the 2016 Warriors still is no better, he might even be worse.

On topic he'll be a second fiddle so 16/5/4 on 46%. Bulls are a middle of the pack seed and lose in the 1st-2nd round.

tpols
09-19-2016, 11:55 PM
6th seed bulls.. closer, leader of hard nosed team. Dray, you might have to find the next trend to d!ck hop onto.. cleveland and especially bron are getting worn out.. he just completed a life's work this past year.. motivation will wane and it will be contagious.

Dray n Klay
09-19-2016, 11:56 PM
They were for a stretch.

Brief period where Wade was better too. Namely in 2006 and 2007.

In 2009 - 2011 they were comparable at times. After that LeBrom firmly pulled away.

Wade wasnt better in 2006 or 2007

LeBrons 31/7/6 was better than Wades 28/6/5

And Wade was injured in 2007 and got swept in the 1st round, LeBron dragged scrubs to the Finals.

G-train
09-19-2016, 11:57 PM
Last season Wade was 174th WS/48, 87th WS, 114th BPM (including 213th for DBPM), 292nd for TS%, 42nd PER.

He is a shell of his former self, turning 35 during the season and going into a horribly unbalanced team.

tpols
09-20-2016, 12:00 AM
Last season Wade was 174th WS/48, 87th WS, 114th BPM (including 213th for DBPM), 292nd for TS%, 42nd PER.

He is a shell of his former self, turning 35 during the season and going into a horribly unbalanced team.

he was great in the playoffs .. and will have motivation. don't doubt just because he's gone.

GrapeApe
09-20-2016, 12:00 AM
Weren't people saying Wade was on LeBrons level their entire career? :confusedshrug:

When has ANYONE said Wade is on Lebron's level post 2011?

Anyway, he'll probably be in the neighborhood of 19/4/4/1/.5 on 48%. I think playing with Rondo will elevate his fg% a bit from last season. If they can develop some chemistry, he should be able to do some damage with his cutting ability.

G-train
09-20-2016, 12:03 AM
On topic he'll be a second fiddle so 16/5/4 on 46%. Bulls are a middle of the pack seed and lose in the 1st-2nd round.

I can't see how they make the playoffs.
Its a horrible team. Probably third worst team in the conference.

G-train
09-20-2016, 12:04 AM
he was great in the playoffs .. and will have motivation. don't doubt just because he's gone.

He had some amazing games in the playoffs where he took over as we were missing core pieces... but per the thread I'm giving my prediction for his play this regular season. He won't be in playoffs this regular season.

tpols
09-20-2016, 12:07 AM
He had some amazing games in the playoffs where he took over as we were missing core pieces... but per the thread I'm giving my prediction for his play this regular season. He won't be in playoffs this regular season.

completely disagree.. and would bet whatever against it. Mirotic, taj, lopez in addition to rondo, wade, and butler... in the east ?? you'll lose this if we keep it stickied. big injury is the only way out.

G-train
09-20-2016, 12:11 AM
completely disagree.. and would bet whatever against it. Mirotic, taj, lopez in addition to rondo, wade, and butler... in the east ?? you'll lose this if we keep it stickied.

They will be significantly worse than last season.
Rondo is an average NBA player with huge weaknesses, Wade is close to retirement, Butler is a good player with attitude problems, Mirotic a prone streak shooter, Gibson on the down turn, Lopez nothing special at all.
None of the acquisitions fit the coaches game style, and directly oppose what the GM said he would do post Rose trade (go young and fast).

This is a disaster waiting to happen, I'll gladly bump it. Barring trades that change everything.

tpols
09-20-2016, 12:14 AM
i dont normally like betting on injury prone guys .. and it does seem like awful fit, but things often unfold the opposite of context that would suggest otherwise.. and i still stick with motivation aspect, wade will keep pushing after being exiled by riley.

Dray n Klay
09-20-2016, 12:26 AM
lol tpols is the same dude that predicted the Heat would be a contender without LeBron.

Wade was healthier than what he was with LeBron, and still missed the playoffs.

he should know by now not to bet on Wade :oldlol:

Lebronxrings
09-20-2016, 12:28 AM
a finals appearance.. at least all nba second team.

We are talking about a player people like to call a top 5 shooting guard to ever play the game.. he needs to prove himself without hall of famers like shaq and lebron. He left a stacked heat team to join up with other stars like butler and rondo.. now he needs to win it all, otherwise him backstabbing the heat will be laughed at forever.

Dray n Klay
09-20-2016, 12:32 AM

We are talking about a player people like to call a top 5 shooting guard to ever play the game.. he needs to prove himself without hall of famers like shaq and lebron. He left a stacked heat team to join up with other stars like butler and rondo.. now he needs to win it all, otherwise him backstabbing the heat will be laughed at forever.

This. Funny how noone gives Wade shit for backstabbing the Heat and colluding with the enemy:confusedshrug:

GrapeApe
09-20-2016, 01:15 AM

He'll be 35 and he has no cartilage in his knee. He's well past the point of needing to prove anything. Stop acting like this is 2009.

Also, since the Heat are so stacked, I assume you think they'll be contenders this year. You said Wade left a stacked team, right? What's your prediction for them this season? ECF? Finals appearance? NBA title?

Dray n Klay
09-20-2016, 01:23 AM
He'll be 35 and he has no cartilage in his knee. He's well past the point of needing to prove anything. Stop acting like this is 2009.

Also, since the Heat are so stacked, I assume you think they'll be contenders this year. You said Wade left a stacked team, right? What's your prediction for them this season? ECF? Finals appearance? NBA title?

Didn't Jordan win a ring and FMVP at 35?

G-train
09-20-2016, 01:27 AM
Didn't Jordan win a ring and FMVP at 35?

And?

G-train
09-20-2016, 01:29 AM
i dont normally like betting on injury prone guys .. and it does seem like awful fit, but things often unfold the opposite of context that would suggest otherwise.. and i still stick with motivation aspect, wade will keep pushing after being exiled by riley.

Exile is the wrong word.

And Riley wasn't the driving force, Arison was.

Bankaii
09-20-2016, 02:14 AM
I don't know if it's the Heat fan bias or what but I don't see a team with Butler/Wade as your centerpiece surrounded by solid role players like Taj, Mirotic, McBuckets, Lopez, and even Rondo being worse than the Nets, Sixers, Hornets, Magic, Bucks, and Heat.

G-train
09-20-2016, 02:23 AM
I don't know if it's the Heat fan bias or what but I don't see a team with Butler/Wade as your centerpiece surrounded by solid role players like Taj, Mirotic, McBuckets, Lopez, and even Rondo being worse than the Nets, Sixers, Hornets, Magic, Bucks, and Heat.

I said they would be third worst in conference.
Better than Nets and 76ers.
Not as good as rest listed.

I feel like I shouldn't have to explain the huge issues with this team.
No reliable spacing or pace, in a pace and space offence.
Aging players. Overrated players. Inconsistent players.
The one shining light talent-wise is Butler, and he has said some really questionable stuff in last few months. Also he doesn't get along with the coach.
It's a mess.

I'm a rare Heat fan that was happy Wade didn't take the 40m we offered.
Miami needed to move on with youth IMO, and if you watched Wade all season, he has dropped off quite a bit. Per earlier post:

"Last season Wade was 174th WS/48, 87th WS, 114th BPM (including 213th for DBPM), 292nd for TS%, 42nd PER.
He is a shell of his former self, turning 35 during the season and going into a horribly unbalanced team."

Google some expert commentary on the team, you don't have to believe me.
Don't fall for the names of Rondo and Wade... they are well past it. Beside Butler, the rest is pretty questionable.

Dragonyeuw
09-20-2016, 07:21 AM
This moron thinks Kyrie doesn't make the all-star team this year, and acts like he isn't a 3 time all-star in 5 NBA seasons.

Now that I've humored the troll, my expectations for Wade this year:

17ppg, 4rpg, 5apg, 46%, about 31 minutes a night.

aj1987
09-20-2016, 07:37 AM
14/4/3
50-60 games
You have been salty AF. Show the man some respect.

if you watched Wade all season, he has dropped off quite a bit. Per earlier post:

"Last season Wade was 174th WS/48, 87th WS, 114th BPM (including 213th for DBPM), 292nd for TS%, 42nd PER.
He is a shell of his former self, turning 35 during the season and going into a horribly unbalanced team."

I've watched almost every Heat game last season, and I'll admit that Wade not being consistent lost us a couple of games, but without him, Miami wouldn't have Made the PO's. Heck, they wouldn't have won over 30.

Advanced stats have never been friendly to Wade, even during his prime/peak.

my expectations for Wade this year:

17ppg, 4rpg, 5apg, 46%, about 31 minutes a night.
With Rondo, Wade won't get 5 assists a game, IMO. I'd say that he'll primarily play off-ball and average something around 20/4/4 on 45%. His FG% is definitely gonna go down, due to the lack of spacing. Unless Buckets suddenly becomes a very good shooter.

guy
09-20-2016, 12:06 PM

No one has ever said that. You really think you're proving something by saying Lebron will be better then Wade this year don't you? :oldlol: Might as well compare Lebron to current Dirk, Howard, Melo, Pierce, and Rose then too. Shit throw in retired Kobe and Duncan also. :oldlol:

Dragonyeuw
09-20-2016, 12:24 PM
With Rondo, Wade won't get 5 assists a game, IMO. I'd say that he'll primarily play off-ball and average something around 20/4/4 on 45%. His FG% is definitely gonna go down, due to the lack of spacing. Unless Buckets suddenly becomes a very good shooter.

You know what, I completely forgot Rondo! I think Wade's too good a playmaker not to get at least 4 though( which you predict as well). I'm not sure if he'll score 20, I don't think the Bulls will play him the necessary minutes. Priority is to have those 35 year old legs as fresh as possible for the playoff run.

greatest-ever
09-20-2016, 01:30 PM
Something similar to last season or a little worse.

lilteapot
09-20-2016, 01:37 PM
Wade's 35 and this Bulls squad won't go anywhere besides maybe a 6-8 playoff seed that gets knocked out 1st round. At this point Wade has no expectations and no pressure. He has 3 rings, and needs nothing else.

HylianNightmare
09-20-2016, 02:17 PM
Leading the Bulls to the lottery

AirFederer
09-20-2016, 03:17 PM
19/3/3 on 44%.

And the Branturds are insecure like it's 2011 again :roll: :facepalm

Duncan21formvp
09-20-2016, 09:06 PM
The Cavs are Kyrie's team he won the last MVP of the allstar game on the team and hit the game winner.

Duncan21formvp
09-20-2016, 09:07 PM
Wade's 35 and this Bulls squad won't go anywhere besides maybe a 6-8 playoff seed that gets knocked out 1st round. At this point Wade has no expectations and no pressure. He has 3 rings, and needs nothing else.
The Bulls in 2017 will probably be similar to the 2011 Bulls who no one believed would be the top seed.

tamaraw08
09-21-2016, 12:37 AM

no point, He tries to create a thread about a different player other than his boy, then...but then He couldn't help it, he just had to lift him up.
I can almost see the next coming thread.
Lebron is cuter than MJ bec he has more hair.
Lebron is bigger than Kobe, bec of that, he's better.
Lebron had more assists than MJ and Kobe.