PDA

View Full Version : Real Talk, would you still take Curry over Nash?

sammichoffate
08-22-2016, 11:10 PM
18.6/11.6(06 Nash) vs 30/6(16 Curry), both in 50/40/90

Sarcastic
08-22-2016, 11:17 PM
Of course.

Bankaii
08-22-2016, 11:33 PM
Without a doubt.
Nash simply can't dominate games like Curry can offensively. Even with Nash being the superior passer.

Poetry
08-22-2016, 11:38 PM
FG% by distance.

NASH 2006-07

2P = .575
0-3 feet = .676
3-10 feet = .554
10-16 feet = .500
16<3 = .522
3P = .455

CURRY 2015-16

2P = .566
0-3 feet = .696
3-10 feet = .422
10-16 feet = .447
16<3 = .443
3P = .454

warriorfan
08-22-2016, 11:48 PM
Steve Nash sucks

ScalsFan21
08-23-2016, 01:54 AM
Steve Nash would take Curry over Nash.

livingby3's
08-23-2016, 02:16 AM
Golden States front office build the team right for Curry, while Suns gave Nash ageing Shag and Hill. It's a homer pick, but I think Nash would have go equally far with the current Warriors picking up his slack on the defensive end.

That said, we will never know, but Nash was a warrior whom the Suns could always rely on. He gets you 13 15 assists even when his shots were not falling.

LostCause
08-23-2016, 04:20 AM
I would take Curry over Nash. While Curry didn't do to well in the playoffs last year, just like every other player in the NBA the man is still improving. Lebron disappeared the first 2 times he made it to the Finals himself, everyone that bashes Curry seems to forget that

Once he gets more accustomed to excelling in the big moment like that, and works on other parts of his game, I don't think this will even be debatable

SexSymbol
08-23-2016, 06:45 AM
If Steve Nash passed less and took more shots, I'd say there could be a discussion.
But if it stays like it was, Curry by far.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-23-2016, 08:07 AM
Without even thinking twice.

Now that we know dude was hobbled this past finals, or at least according to his coach, Steph's regular-season was all the more impressive...and simply greater than any of Nash's.

Bankaii
08-23-2016, 09:53 AM
I would take Curry over Nash. While Curry didn't do to well in the playoffs last year, just like every other player in the NBA the man is still improving. Lebron disappeared the first 2 times he made it to the Finals himself, everyone that bashes Curry seems to forget that

Once he gets more accustomed to excelling in the big moment like that, and works on other parts of his game, I don't think this will even be debatable
Lebron had one of the 1st Finals casts of all time as a 22 year old in his 1st appearance and gets shit on harder than any other player in history for 2011.

Curry had the best supporting cast in the league 2 years in a row while being at his peak and getting extremely lucky with opponents being injured and he still was terrible in the Finals back to back years. And to say he was getting GOAT chants during the RS he really hasn't gotten nearly as much hate for the 2016 Finals as he should.

Not similar situations at all.

LostCause
08-23-2016, 10:04 AM
Lebron had one of the 1st Finals casts of all time as a 22 year old in his 1st appearance and gets shit on harder than any other player in history for 2011.

Curry had the best supporting cast in the league 2 years in a row while being at his peak and getting extremely lucky with opponents being injured and he still was terrible in the Finals back to back years. And to say he was getting GOAT chants during the RS he really hasn't gotten nearly as much hate for the 2016 Finals as he should.

Not similar situations at all.

I never said it was a similar situation, just similar experiences. Believe it or not, sometimes players are too careful or too careless in the biggest series of the season and their production suffers. Bron did it. Curry's done it. So has Kobe. As they become more accustomed to that setting, they'll obviously get better.

When Curry gets it together and starts delivering great series after great series, what will be the knock on him then? That he choked in 2016? That's the same shit that gets said about Lebrons 2011. Bron will be the first to tell you he learned how to win in Miami. Curry's still learning it

Hey Yo
08-23-2016, 10:10 AM

18-7-7 while leading the team scoring 2x and a triple double in another = disappearing.:oldlol:

Under-performed?....yes

Disappeared?....dumb

SexSymbol
08-23-2016, 10:12 AM
18-7-7 while leading the team scoring 2x and a triple double in another = disappearing.:oldlol:

Under-performed?....yes

Disappeared?....dumb

what a stupid post lol, go watch 2011 finals

Doranku
08-23-2016, 10:14 AM

Under-performed?....yes

Disappeared?....dumb

Dude, stop.

LeBron completely disappeared in 2011. There's no arguing it. It happened, accept it.

At the same token, LeBron also DOMINATED the 2016 finals in a way that really hasn't been seen before. Take the good with the bad, bro.

BigKAT
08-23-2016, 10:17 AM
Definetly would take Curry over Nash.

Curry's still young and we don't know what his peak is.

Heck, if Lebron managed to bounce back from 11',
Curry can bounce back from 16'

SouBeachTalents
08-23-2016, 10:17 AM

Under-performed?....yes

Disappeared?....dumb

18/7/7 with 4 TO's per game for prime LeBron is terrible. Dude got outscored by Jason Terry while averaging 10+ more mpg. And it's indisputable he disappeared in the 4th quarter in Games 2-5

Snarky Narc
08-23-2016, 10:23 AM
Yes, absolutely.

hold this L
08-23-2016, 10:23 AM
I take Curry and it's not even close. Steph last year was better than Nash has ever been. Steph's offensive game last season before he got hobbled was the most impressive offensive/dominating run I've seen Shaq's prime, which I consider the most dominant of all time. I'm hoping Steph can replicate his RS form into PS form this upcoming year.

I don't think Steph will get better than his 16' RS form though, because that alone was a freak show. What he needs to do now is implement that form into the PS to be an all time great. I believe he can do it. :pimp:

Hey Yo
08-23-2016, 10:24 AM
Dude, stop.

LeBron completely disappeared in 2011. There's no arguing it. It happened, accept it.

At the same token, LeBron also DOMINATED the 2016 finals in a way that really hasn't been seen before. Take the good with the bad, bro.
I do accept it. I know he played bad by his and others standards.

But to say he totally disappeared is stupid. That would mean he didn't show up at all while on the court.

Game 1 he put up 24-9-5....4-5 from 3pt land on 56% shooting.

If that was a reg. season line for game for Wade, Bosh, Dirk.....etc.... would anyone say, "man, WTF happened to ______ last night, he disappeared?"

I know you are
08-23-2016, 10:26 AM
Why wouldn't we? Because he lost in the Finals? Nash never even made the Finals.

Hey Yo
08-23-2016, 10:27 AM
18/7/7 with 4 TO's per game for prime LeBron is terrible. Dude got outscored by Jason Terry while averaging 10+ more mpg. And it's indisputable he disappeared in the 4th quarter in Games 2-5
17.8 isn't considered 18.0?

Bankaii
08-23-2016, 10:48 AM
18.0>17.8

Technically he did get out scored, even though 0.2 points makes no significant difference.

I know you are
08-23-2016, 11:17 AM
Usually when rounding, you don't include ".0"

LostCause
08-23-2016, 11:19 AM

Under-performed?....yes

Disappeared?....dumb

He did disappear. He'd tell you himself he disappeared. He was passive,played bad defense and his play was a large reason why Miami lost the series.

Curry gets shit for his 2015 Finals and not getting a FMVP vote but the dude still put up 26/5/6/2 on 44%. Gets shit for 2016 on 23/5/4 - 40%. Fact is Curry disappeared in 2016, so did Lebron in 2011

Disappearing doesn't have to mean a goose eggbut Prime Bron didn't really come to play in 2011 with those performances. That wasn't 2x MVP-worthy play, you could've gotten that production from Lamar Odom or Boris Diaw. If he played how he coiuld play, Miami may have won. Same with 2016 Curry

MaxPlayer
08-23-2016, 12:14 PM
If Steve Nash passed less and took more shots, I'd say there could be a discussion.
But if it stays like it was, Curry by far.

No, that wasn't Nash's game. If he shot more his efficiency and assists would have gone down. He couldn't have been better than Curry is no matter what style he employed, mostly because he was no where near as good of an off-the-dribble shooter.

But it's not impossible that someone could be a pass-first guard and also be a better player than Curry. Magic Johnson, for example.

IGOTGAME
08-23-2016, 12:21 PM
No, that wasn't Nash's game. If he shot more his efficiency and assists would have gone down. He couldn't have been better than Curry is no matter what style he employed, mostly because he was no where near as good of an off-the-dribble shooter.

But it's not impossible that someone could be a pass-first guard and also be a better player than Curry. Magic Johnson, for example.

Tell you one thing, I don't think Prime Nash could play as bad as Curry did in the Finals.

MaxPlayer
08-23-2016, 12:23 PM
Tell you one thing, I don't think Prime Nash could play as bad as Curry did in the Finals.

Maybe not, but he never even MADE a finals so it's hard to really say he has an advantage here.

hold this L
08-23-2016, 01:13 PM
Magical hypothetical situations like this mean absolutely nothing. Steph is 28 and has made 2 finals winning 1, something Nash has never done.

Steven Kerry
08-23-2016, 01:17 PM
100%

Cali Syndicate
08-23-2016, 06:38 PM
I do accept it. I know he played bad by his and others standards.

But to say he totally disappeared is stupid. That would mean he didn't show up at all while on the court.

Game 1 he put up 24-9-5....4-5 from 3pt land on 56% shooting.

If that was a reg. season line for game for Wade, Bosh, Dirk.....etc.... would anyone say, "man, WTF happened to ______ last night, he disappeared?"

Which is what happened in the 4th quarters, no?

ArbitraryWater
08-23-2016, 07:17 PM
Without even thinking twice.

Now that we know dude was hobbled this past finals, or at least according to his coach, Steph's regular-season was all the more impressive...and simply greater than any of Nash's.

what happened?

Cali Syndicate
08-23-2016, 07:50 PM
what happened?

Sprained his ankle...came back, sprained his knee...came back earlier than expected and ended up playing twice the minutes that was planned. while he played great and carried the warriors in that overtime win, he exhausted himself. Essentially though, from then on out, he really has no one to blame but himself because at some point he should have stopped chucking 30 footers and tightened up his ball security instead of playing so loose and irresponsible. Ultimately, he choked. As a Warriors and curry fan, it hurts but it's the truth.... but at the same time cant disregard the fact that he basically had to take two weeks off with very minimal physical activity and tried to come back in full stride during the most grueling and intense part of a long season. His rhythm wasn't there and it ****ed with his confidence. i dont think his knee and ankle were exactly fulled recovered either.

RRR3
08-23-2016, 08:00 PM
Dude, stop.

People keep telling him this but he refuses to listen IDK why

CuterThanRubio
08-23-2016, 08:05 PM
Nash is responsible for Curry reaching the next level

Hey Yo
08-23-2016, 08:24 PM
Which is what happened in the 4th quarters, no?
He only played in the 4th quarter?

:facepalm

Milbuck
08-23-2016, 08:56 PM
Curry is significantly better than Nash ever was, and I'm a fan of Nash. Curry being banged up in the playoffs has really warped perception of him but a 100% Curry is quite clearly better than Nash. Before the injury in the playoffs dude was playing at a GOAT offensive level.

ILLsmak
08-23-2016, 08:57 PM
Of course.

yea...

-Smak

Cali Syndicate
08-23-2016, 09:06 PM
He only played in the 4th quarter?

:facepalm

When you're regarded as the best player in the world and contender for greatest of all time, but don't show up when it matters the most (especially after the not one not two not three....), that is what is meant by disappearing. No one cares if you're a role player stationary in the corner or playing hot potato, but when you're Lebron...sorry...a lot, if not all of that blame falls on your shoulder especially since the heat were well in contention to win.

What matters more, lebron putting up production in the 4th while down double against the spurs or lebron hiding from the ball in the 4th while his teams lead is dwindling and the game is up for grabs?

greatest-ever
08-23-2016, 09:09 PM
Real talk, yes.

warriorfan
08-23-2016, 09:12 PM
what happened?

Perhaps the most critical segment of this series came at the end of the third quarter of Game 4, Cleveland cutting the Warriors lead to three. The Q was rocking. The Finals hung in the balance.

Curry calmly called for the ball, shook a defender and drained a three, pushing Golden State to a six-point lead. In a reversal of roles, a gassed LeBron tried to answer with a three of his own at the buzzer, only to miss badly. When James went to the bench to rest at the start of the fourth quarter, the Warriors seized control of the game and the Finals.

Curry finished with 22 that night. He then dropped 37, including 17 in the fourth quarter, in Game 5. On Tuesday, he dropped a couple of massive threes to help stem a fourth-quarter Cleveland surge, then when double-teamed, hit a wide-open Klay Thompson for another.

[quote]
[SIZE="3"][I]Not only did Curry average an MVP-like 26 points, 5 rebounds, 6 assists and 2 steals in 43 minutes per game, but as Kerr told his point guard, sometimes a point guard has to put his own game now in favor of managing the game for his teammates.

That is what Curry relayed when he said in the postgame press conference, "The Finals are not that different from normal NBA games. It's just the spotlight is different, and soar are the expectations. When you have an average game, you find out in the Finals that people were expecting more. But really, that stuff doesn't matter. It's all about winning. That's what I've learned. I just need to impact games, be myself every other night, do other things to help my team win and be OK with that. Manage the game from a point-guard standpoint, find a way to win and that's what we did

tpols
08-23-2016, 09:15 PM
the thing about nash is you know you're going to get something positive out of him even if his shot is off because hes so good at dribbling, and passing with ultimate iq .. curry really had a distrastrous finals in that not only was his shot off, but he was making flat out dumb plays, like that behind the back pass in G7. Nash is on another level as a playmaker for others, but curry has a much more explosive upside with his burst scoring if the shots are falling.. in the long run im probably going with steph though.

truhooper
08-23-2016, 09:15 PM
Steve Nash sucks

Probably the most overrated player ever

Cone
08-23-2016, 09:42 PM
Maybe. But Curry is VERY overrated. Please stop mentioning him anywhere near the top 25-30 GOATs (not nash, just in general).

SamuraiSWISH
08-23-2016, 09:56 PM
Yes. And he's better defensively.

raprap
08-23-2016, 10:17 PM
In a heartbeat

hiphopfan777
08-23-2016, 10:52 PM
Yes. Nash has no finals, less rings, Curry lost because david stern got draymond green suspended and got lebron james to not get foul called on him and steph curry fouling out game 6

tanibanana
08-23-2016, 11:20 PM
Absolutely Curry over Nash.. bith great great players.. but reaching a Finals, almost closing it 5, and also making a historic 73-9 record is a big accomplishment.

SamuraiSWISH
08-23-2016, 11:37 PM
Yes. Nash has no finals, less rings, Curry lost because david stern got draymond green suspended and got lebron james to not get foul called on him and steph curry fouling out game 6
Stop. Draymond's idiotic run of dirty flagrant nut kicking got himself deservedly suspended. It wasn't a conspiracy. His small brain got him put in the position for that to even happen.

Curry lost cause he got outplayed by the other guy at his position, and didn't perform anywhere remotely close to the guy that was considered a "unanimous MVP"

Don't revisionist history this entire scenario. And I'm agreeing that Curry > Nash so it has nothing to do with it.

Inferno
08-24-2016, 12:19 AM
Give me the one who's proven he can win on the biggest stage.

Gougou
08-24-2016, 04:31 AM
Nash was a bit overrated, 06 Kobe should've been the MVP.

Nash still can't go to a final, Curry has more offense presence than him.

AirBonner
08-24-2016, 06:13 AM
Definetly would take Curry over Nash.

Curry's still young and we don't know what his peak is.

Heck, if Lebron managed to bounce back from 11',
Curry can bounce back from 16'
Curry is turning 29. He is not young you idiot. His peak is over.

Cold soul
08-24-2016, 10:31 AM
Yes, without a doubt.

CuterThanRubio
08-24-2016, 05:40 PM
Nash was a bit overrated, 06 Kobe should've been the MVP.

Nash still can't go to a final, Curry has more offense presence than him.

Kobe had no chance in 06, Nash led the shorthanded Suns back from 3-1 against him and led his team in scoring and assists while doing so, the supposed "should've been mvp" can't afford to squander an opportunity like that.

http://lakerholics.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/000nashmvp2.jpg

Individually speaking the NBA MVP award is the most meaningful accomplishment in all of basketball, people can harp on ring counts all day long, and yes Nash failed to make to the finals but that is a team effort, winning MVP is a solo act, and Nash managed TWO of them during Kobe and Duncan's prime years, you can hate but you can't escape the truth!

(NashGang4life!)

:rockon:

BigKAT
08-24-2016, 05:45 PM
Curry is turning 29. He is not young you idiot. His peak is over.

Curry is 28.
Turning 29 in MARCH.

Get your facts man.
And since when is 29 old?
Lebron is TURNING 32 and still beasting.

Nash's best years were his early 30's.
Dirk won a championship past 30.