PDA

View Full Version : When did the NBA start having fancy intros/entertainment for the All-Star Games?

L.Kizzle
08-21-2016, 11:28 PM
I'm watching NBA TV and they're showing past All-Star games.

There were no big intros with the singers and dancers and stuff they have these days. No stage, none of that stuff. Just a guy calling names. Even with stars like Bird & Magic, Dr. J, Isiah Thomas, Kareem, MJ. They didn't get the treatment guys today get. Even going into the 90s', just regular routines. The 92 All-Star game in Orlando, The "Magic" game, still nothing fancy.

When did the league start to get wild with All-Star weekend, because I can't remember? 95 in Phoenix? Was it during the NBA @ 50 year of All-Star weekend in 97. At MSG in 98? The return in 2000 after the lockout absence.

Screamin A Smit
08-21-2016, 11:39 PM
Mid 00's

kamil
08-21-2016, 11:41 PM
Mid 00's

That's when things got really commercial..

Just wait for the ****ing logos of 'sponsors' on players jerseys. That will be a disgusting site.

L.Kizzle
08-21-2016, 11:48 PM
Before the entertainment at the actual games, I remember them having stuff early Saturday morning on NBA Inside Stuff (or maybe it was called something else for that Saturday) for the weekend.

Screamin A Smit
08-21-2016, 11:49 PM
That's when things got really commercial..

Just wait for the ****ing logos of 'sponsors' on players jerseys. That will be a disgusting site.
I hope it becomes like WWE and pyro sparks fly every time someone drains a three, the rim glows red n shit. HES ON FIYAAAAA

L.Kizzle
08-21-2016, 11:52 PM
I hope it becomes like WWE and pyro sparks fly every time someone drains a three, the rim glows red n shit. HES ON FIYAAAAA
Close. Didn't the 3 point line light up this year for the game?

Smoke117
08-21-2016, 11:53 PM
holy shit...an actual real opinion by you? I'm flabbergasted.

kamil
08-22-2016, 12:00 AM

Announcer should be the same guy that does the voice in the game NBA Jam.