PDA

View Full Version : Lavine In The Starting Lineup = One Of The Best Offenses In The League

FireDavidKahn
08-03-2016, 05:42 PM
In the 59th game of last season, Zach LaVine started at SG and continued to do so the rest of the way. As a team, our offensive rating was 12th best in the NBA between game 59 and game 82, so that matches up quite well with the prediction you posted. HOWEVER, that was our total team rating, bench included.

If you isolate 5-man units for the season, here is a tantalizing comparison:

Westbrook-Durant-Roberson-Adams-Ibaka
Minutes played together = 816
Offensive Rating = 113.3

Curry-Thompson-Barnes-Green-Bogut
Minutes played together = 552
Offensive rating = 109.2

Rubio-LaVine-Wiggins-Gorgui-KAT
Minutes played together = 648
Offensive rating = 113.5

JohnMax
08-03-2016, 05:56 PM
More proof Wiggins is overrated.

Locked_Up_Tonight
08-03-2016, 06:07 PM
There is just something missing about Lavine's game. And I think it is because of his lack of knowledge (IQ) on the court. He is still young (basically 22)... so there is still time for him to figure it out.

But he reminds me of some other famous tweener dunkers in the past.....

FireDavidKahn
08-03-2016, 08:08 PM
More proof Wiggins is overrated.
...Wiggins was part of that group.

plowking
08-03-2016, 08:30 PM
Dude is one of the best catch and shoot players in the league. Whenever he is on the court, he shouldn't be the one bringing it up.

CarlosBoozer
08-03-2016, 08:55 PM
He's smooth as f*ck, that's all I'll say.

Relinquish
08-03-2016, 10:59 PM
Future GOAT reminds me of a young T-Mac

LilEddyCurry
08-03-2016, 10:59 PM
There is just something missing about Lavine's game. And I think it is because of his lack of knowledge (IQ) on the court. He is still young (basically 22)... so there is still time for him to figure it out.

But he reminds me of some other famous tweener dunkers in the past.....
He is actually 21 years old (turning 22 next year).

Prime_Shaq
08-03-2016, 11:46 PM
KAT is boss.

I<3NBA
08-04-2016, 09:24 AM
as long as he doesn't bring the ball up, they're good. he's turnover prone

MP.Trey
08-04-2016, 09:38 AM
Them actually deciding to play Gorgui next to KAT around the same time was a huge help as well. I'm not quite sold on LaVine but Minny's got some great young talent out there.

ralph_i_el
08-04-2016, 05:51 PM
The amount of synergy in that Wolves lineup is insane. Rudio needs as many shooters around him as possible. Wiggins and Lavine need someone to get them shots. KAT is an absolute stud all around. They have a great amount of athleticism and size in that lineup. All they really need is time to grow and coalesce with each other and they could be a great squad. Rubio is already a fantastic defender and Wiggins and KAT have very high levels of defensive potential. Dunn as the stud 6th man? I'm sold. Lavine i'll have to handle the ball even less with Dun. On the floor. Lavine has Ray Allen skill level potentially (although Ray was one of the hardest working and focused players in the game).

Highest potential young squad in the league.....over the Lakers, Wizards, and even 6ers