Pau 6-13

Fisher 4-5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1-50cf-ZJo

Real Cavs Fan
07-28-2016, 06:29 PM
Kobe sucks.

Doranku
07-28-2016, 06:34 PM
This was probably the most upset I've ever been after a basketball game. Such a monumental collapse from the entire team.

Before this, it seemed like Kobe had figured out the Celtics D. The Lakers themselves almost made a great comeback in game 2, then game 3 Kobe had 36 on 60% shooting I think. Halftime of game 4, LA rolling again up 20. Looked like they had figured things out.

Nope. :( Such a depressing game to watch.

Nilocon165
07-28-2016, 06:36 PM
Watching it now. They gotta bring back the trophy on the logo and "The Finals" writing on the court.

Spurs m8
07-28-2016, 06:38 PM
KD and the Warriors choked away 3-1 leads.

I hate Kobe but he's got nothing on the GOAT chokers in KD and the Warriors.

Spurs m8
07-28-2016, 06:40 PM
Watching it now. They gotta bring back the trophy on the logo and "The Finals" writing on the court.

At least The Finals hey.....its f*cking terrible and the worst thing Silver has done.

You wanna look at back at replays at shit in years to come to and see that...now it just looks like reg season....shit.house.

:cheers: Nilo mate

ScalsFan21
07-28-2016, 06:43 PM
Kobe mentioned in his Ahmad Rashad interview that this series is what burns him up the most as he reflects back on his career (even after getting some redemption in 2010), and I'm sure Game 4 was by far the biggest part of that. They blew what was the largest 1st-quarter lead in NBA history. It wouldn't have been easy to get two more wins without HCA anyway, but certainly would have been way more fun to watch the end of that series.

'08 C's, as great as they were, needed 26 games out of a possible 28 to win that chip... they really were one of the most notable teams ever to have an on/off switch. That carried over from game to game, sometimes even quarter to quarter. There were games where you knew as early as the first 5 minutes, "wow they really don't give a crap tonight".

scuzzy
07-28-2016, 06:51 PM
Just turned it on, thanks uce!

Game 6 on right after to :cheers:

Nilocon165
07-28-2016, 06:52 PM
Incoming Ray Allen godlike layup..

EDIT: Aye there it is:bowdown:

scuzzy
07-28-2016, 06:55 PM

They wont. Too many players were complaining about them tripping and slipping on them

STATUTORY
07-28-2016, 06:57 PM
I still remember Paul Pierce and mini Pierce Eddie House running on that court mean mugging the crowd

that one stung

scuzzy
07-28-2016, 07:05 PM
Bostons god like defense :bowdown:

ArbitraryWater
07-28-2016, 08:31 PM
Kobe's closeout/defense on Allen's huge layup is so bad :facepalm

Stringer Bell
07-28-2016, 08:41 PM
I enjoyed watching angry Sasha :oldlol:

"****, man!"

KiiiiNG
07-28-2016, 08:51 PM
Just turned it on, thanks uce!

Game 6 on right after to :cheers:
:cheers:

Posted it just for you bro, I know you're a basketball historian

That Boston team was ****ing FILTHY

Smoke117
07-28-2016, 08:54 PM
I enjoyed watching angry Sasha :oldlol:

"****, man!"

http://i.imgur.com/j0DjxIv.gif

Wally450
07-28-2016, 09:12 PM
Damn, pissed I missed this.

Any reason why they showed this game?

SouBeachTalents
07-28-2016, 09:22 PM
Damn, pissed I missed this.

Any reason why they showed this game?

They showed 3 games from the '08 Finals, not sure why though

scuzzy
07-28-2016, 09:46 PM
They showed 3 games from the '08 Finals, not sure why though

They usually show throwback playoffs on Hardwood Classics

JebronLames
07-29-2016, 12:03 AM
Pierce on a sprained knee outplayed prime Kobe. Ouch.

SouBeachTalents
07-29-2016, 12:23 AM
Pierce on a sprained knee outplayed prime Kobe. Ouch.

And Jason Terry off the bench outplayed prime LeBron

Lebronxrings
07-29-2016, 12:36 AM
And Jason Terry off the bench outplayed prime LeBron
he really didn't but keep your troll game up bud

Mr Feeny
07-29-2016, 02:48 AM
The Lakers were up 45-21 at one point and we're WRECKING the Celtics. I have no idea how you let a team come back into it.
By the time Boston came all the way back and tied the game through a Leon Powe bank shot with 10 minutes left in the 4th, Kobe was 2-13 for 7 points.
He stood around and did NOTHING as the Celtics completed the comeback.
He was getting blocked by Pierce and then not running back on D. He was watching Pierce hurt jumps hots right in his face.
With 50 seconds to go, with the Celtics up by 3 and holding the ball, Kobe couldn't stay with Pierce and fouled him to effectively gave Boston the game by letting them extend it to a 2 possession game.

This was the biggest collapse in nba history. The crowd was STUNNED. The Celtics knew they owned the Lakers after this. You could see the strut in their body language in those finals seconds. Fist bumps and huge smiles. Pierce walked to the locker room yelling "yee that's how you do it! "

Mr Feeny
07-29-2016, 02:51 AM
This was probably the most upset I've ever been after a basketball game. Such a monumental collapse from the entire team.

Before this, it seemed like Kobe had figured out the Celtics D. The Lakers themselves almost made a great comeback in game 2, then game 3 Kobe had 36 on 60% shooting I think. Halftime of game 4, LA rolling again up 20. Looked like they had figured things out.

Nope. :( Such a depressing game to watch.

Kobe was scoreless at half time as the Lakers raced to a 21 point 1st quarter lead and 18 point half time lead (?) with him contributing nothing. Why would you think that Kobe specifically figured out the Boston defense? I'd understand if you thought the Lakers as a team got into the series and figured out how to play Boston, but Kobe was scoreless the entire 1st half and was 2/11 through 3 quarters.

Doranku
07-29-2016, 03:05 AM
Kobe was scoreless at half time as the Lakers raced to a 21 point 1st quarter lead and 18 point half time lead (?) with him contributing nothing. Why would you think that Kobe specifically figured out the Boston defense? I'd understand if you thought the Lakers as a team got into the series and figured out how to play Boston, but Kobe was scoreless the entire 1st half and was 2/11 through 3 quarters.

He played great in the second half of game 2 and all of game 3. First half of game 4 he was playing more of a decoy role and had 6 assists (and 3 points, wasn't scoreless).

Then everything fell apart. He played well in the 4th of game 4 as well, but he really needed to step up in the third and stop the bleeding for the Lakers when the C's went on their run. That's where the game was lost.

KingPush
07-29-2016, 03:13 AM
I still remember Paul Pierce and mini Pierce Eddie House running on that court mean mugging the crowd

that one stung
Why though? You're a knicks fan

Mr Feeny
07-29-2016, 03:47 AM
He played great in the second half of game 2 and all of game 3. First half of game 4 he was playing more of a decoy role and had 6 assists (and 3 points, wasn't scoreless).

Then everything fell apart. He played well in the 4th of game 4 as well, but he really needed to step up in the third and stop the bleeding for the Lakers when the C's went on their run. That's where the game was lost.

I should.have said held without a field.goalin the 1st half. But yeah, you're right. All of the men in yellow retreated into.a shell when Boston started taking over. Some really easy misses as well. Pau with a miss on layup-dunk albeit a contested one with a minute or so left in the 4th that would have taken the game to 11. Kobe with a missed layup with 9 minutes or so and the Lakers up 2 that would have taken the Lakers up by 4. Another Kobe miss that hit the backboard and nothing else with 5 minutes to go or so. Odom messing up his footwork and travelling with 2 minutes remaining. Kobe committing a senseless foul when all the Lakers had to do was defended Pierce in what was a 1 possession game with 50 seconds remaining.

It was insane. Phil was nterviewed at the start of the 4th and asked "how were the Celtics able to go on this run and come back from.24?"
He responded by telling a startled Lisa salters "yeah I don't know how did they do it! :D"
Salters, looking dumbfounded, answered "you're the coach. You tell me"

Mr Feeny
07-29-2016, 03:48 AM
Why though? You're a knicks fan

He's a Kobe fan.

Keno
07-29-2016, 05:09 AM
kobe's not a good playoff performer. plain and simple. overrated as hell.

GimmeThat
07-29-2016, 05:56 AM
Pat Riley versus Michael Jordan in terms of actual front office and influence work

I'll let the crew at PTI debate 'vision'

tamaraw08
07-29-2016, 10:39 AM
Game 4 2008 against Boston AT HOME

:applause:

When are you going charge Kobe rent for living in your head for 8 years atleast?:facepalm

SilkkTheShocker
07-29-2016, 10:44 AM
LeBron playing with garbage took Boston to 7 games. Awful choke on Kobe's part. But doesn't even touch the Warriors this season. No one is going to forget that whopper.

Naero
07-29-2016, 10:52 AM
Definitely one of the worst heartaches I've sustained as a Lakers fan (as a secondary team; primarily a Bucks fan and would choose that team if the two intersected) and a disgraceful collapse by Kobe and the Lakers; but as far as implications bode, this was far from the worst chokejob.

Even if the Lakers took care of business at home, they weren't going to wrest this series from the Celtics—not without HCA. That's why that even as an optimistic Lakers fan at the time, I knew that the chances of winning this series were nearly precluded with RCD (road-court disadvantage) alone; Boston waxed and waned with their supremacy early on in that year's playoffs, but they've consistently shined at home and haven't surrendered one home game that year.

Would a Game 4 win have enlivened the series? Yes, but they were going to win either way even if they came back to their home court down 2-3; it's just that the 3-1 advantage on the coattails of Game 4 removed virtually all doubt of the inexorable outcome.

Chokejob or not in this game, well-deserved championship by the Celtics overall.

tamaraw08
07-29-2016, 02:00 PM
[QUOTE=Naero]Definitely one of the worst heartaches I've sustained as a Lakers fan (as a secondary team; primarily a Bucks fan and would choose that team if the two intersected) and a disgraceful collapse by Kobe and the Lakers; but as far as implications bode, this was far from the worst chokejob.

Even if the Lakers took care of business at home, they weren't going to wrest this series from the Celtics

KiiiiNG
07-29-2016, 02:09 PM
Take it into perspective. Sports Illustrated actually predicted the Lakers to NOT be in the playoffs that year.
Yes, Pau was gift wrapped to them but bear in mind that Bynum had a major injury midway to the season. Ariza also played on a bad ankle injury and was barely used in the finals playing 7 mins/game plus all their shooters went cold. Yes, we must give credit to Rivers being ably assisted by Thibs arguably one of the best defensive coaches, plus having long defensive minded players like Posey, PJ Brown etc.
Is it a choke job? probably, but you are right, It is foolish to not give a team comprised on 3 HOF'amers, assisted by Rondo, Perkins etc major credit for that game.
Perkins left that game before they even made the comeback.... and Rondo was playing on a sprained ankle. Pierce was also playing on a hurt knee and ankle. :oldlol:

You are a clown. Lakers choked. Kobe is a terrible finals performer.

JT123
07-29-2016, 02:17 PM
Take it into perspective. Sports Illustrated actually predicted the Lakers to NOT be in the playoffs that year.

If this is true then that's pathetic for Kobe! :facepalm
What other supposed top 12 player all time would be expected to miss the playoffs TWICE during his peak? :biggums:
Kobe is in serious danger of falling out of my 12 spot...

IllegalD
07-29-2016, 02:20 PM
Even in retirement Kobe still living rentfree in the minds of Simon, his 30 alts and the rest of the LeBron Stanleys.

Insecure little boys doing mental gymnastics all day because Kobe is such a threat to them and their idol.

:banana: :roll:

scuzzy
07-29-2016, 02:22 PM
Perkins left that game before they even made the comeback.... and Rondo was playing on a sprained ankle. Pierce was also playing on a hurt knee and ankle. :oldlol:

You are a clown. Lakers choked. Kobe is a terrible finals performer.
Yep

Yep

and

Yep

:applause:

scuzzy
07-29-2016, 02:27 PM
If this is true then that's pathetic for Kobe! :facepalm
What other supposed top 12 player all time would be expected to miss the playoffs TWICE during his peak? :biggums:
Kobe is in serious danger of falling out of my 12 spot...

That and the fact the poster you quoted didnt even know Pau was gifted to the Lakers midway through the season for scraps. :lol :facepalm

JT123
07-29-2016, 02:33 PM
Even in retirement Kobe still living rentfree in the minds of Simon, his 30 alts and the rest of the LeBron Stanleys.

Insecure little boys doing mental gymnastics all day because Kobe is such a threat to them and their idol.

:banana: :roll:
Shouldn't you be out enjoying your summer vacation instead of defending the honor of a hasbeen who doesn't even know you exist? :biggums:

After all, in about a month it's back to high school and getting bullied by black guys everyday. :banana: :yaohappy: :hammertime:

scuzzy
07-29-2016, 02:40 PM
Shouldn't you be out enjoying your summer vacation instead of defending the honor of a hasbeen who doesn't even know you exist? :biggums:

After all, in about a month it's back to high school and getting bullied by black guys everyday. :banana: :yaohappy: :
: :hammertime: :djparty :yaohappy:

ArbitraryWater
07-29-2016, 03:18 PM
Definitely one of the worst heartaches I've sustained as a Lakers fan (as a secondary team; primarily a Bucks fan and would choose that team if the two intersected) and a disgraceful collapse by Kobe and the Lakers; but as far as implications bode, this was far from the worst chokejob.

Even if the Lakers took care of business at home, they weren't going to wrest this series from the Celtics—not without HCA. That's why that even as an optimistic Lakers fan at the time, I knew that the chances of winning this series were nearly precluded with RCD (road-court disadvantage) alone; Boston waxed and waned with their supremacy early on in that year's playoffs, but they've consistently shined at home and haven't surrendered one home game that year.

Would a Game 4 win have enlivened the series? Yes, but they were going to win either way even if they came back to their home court down 2-3; it's just that the 3-1 advantage on the coattails of Game 4 removed virtually all doubt of the inexorable outcome.

Chokejob or not in this game, well-deserved championship by the Celtics overall.

Please, a 2-2 series with G5 at home would have kept the odds even on both sides.... and how are the Bucks/Lakers your teams wtf? Rooting for the Warriors all year? When the Bucks ended their streak, did we hear anything?

Anyway they did lose a home game to Detroit.

IllegalD
07-29-2016, 04:33 PM

After all, in about a month it's back to high school and getting bullied by black guys everyday. :banana: :yaohappy: :hammertime:

Its hilarious because every single person on this board knows you're projecting your own situation, Simon, baby boy. Wichita inbred who stanned Durant, got mindraped by LeBron so you became schizophrenic in your stanning Still living with your mom in your 20's because you never graduated HS because you're afraid of being bullied by blacks.

PA

THE

TIC

:roll: :lol

Doranku
07-29-2016, 06:22 PM
LeBron playing with garbage took Boston to 7 games. Awful choke on Kobe's part. But doesn't even touch the Warriors this season. No one is going to forget that whopper.

That "garbage" carried LeBron into game 7. LeBron was literally shooting 30% before game 7. :roll: