PDA

View Full Version : Lebron haters' arguments just look silly now that he pulled off the GOAT Finals

lilteapot
07-23-2016, 09:34 AM
...performance.

All Lebron fans can do now is just sit back, point and laugh.

http://img00.deviantart.net/4251/i/2013/173/c/c/_i_ain_t_got_no_worries__lebron_james_wallpaper_by _shaw600-d6a4whh.png

Smoke117
07-23-2016, 09:37 AM
Why did you post a picture from 2013? Lol

3ball
07-23-2016, 09:40 AM
Lebron averaged 24 ppg and 6 turnovers thru 4 games, which is why he needed 7 games.

That isn't GOAT dominance in a Finals - not even CLOSE - especially since he only scored 1-2 ppg more than his 2nd option

G0ATbe
07-23-2016, 09:43 AM
His finals performance was pretty pedestrian when you factor in he was merely a ghost in the series until his primary defender was hobbling around like a 70 year old man and Warriors only legit rim protector was taken out of the series. And the opposing teams best player was at 50% at best.

IGOTGAME
07-23-2016, 09:45 AM
Lebron averaged 24 ppg and 6 turnovers thru 4 games, which is why he needed 7 games.

That isn't GOAT dominance in a Finals - not even CLOSE - especially since he only scored 1-2 ppg more than his 2nd option

there is just nothing else to say. its over, he has cemented himself as top 3. what he did, against all odds was insane. I didn't think he had this in him, I don't think he always had this in him but he has grown so much as a player/leader/mentally.

Jordan never did that in the Finals.

Smoke117
07-23-2016, 09:47 AM
Two of the biggest LeBron haters talking shit...wow what a surprise.

3ball
07-23-2016, 09:50 AM
there is just nothing else to say. its over, he has cemented himself as top 3. what he did, against all odds was insane. I didn't think he had this in him, I don't think he always had this in him but he has grown so much as a player/leader/mentally.

You're right - Jordan never averaged 24 ppg and 6 turnovers through the first 4 games like Lebron did in 2016 Finals.

This horrible performance is why Lebron needed to average 36 ppg in the last 3 games to come back.. But if he'd averaged 36 ppg for the ENTIRE series like Jordan did in 91-93 Finals (36/7/8), he wouldn't need a 7th game and therefore would've been more dominant like Jordan was.

Also, Jordan faced greater defensive attention, since he averaged at least 12 ppg more than his 2nd option in every Finals, compared to Lebron's 2 ppg in 2016 Finals.

Hey Yo
07-23-2016, 09:50 AM

That's because MJ had rebounding champions and All NBA teammates

Hey Yo
07-23-2016, 09:51 AM
double post

lilteapot
07-23-2016, 09:52 AM
Why did you post a picture from 2013? Lol
Because it fits the situation

IGOTGAME
07-23-2016, 09:56 AM
You're right - Jordan never averaged 24 ppg and 6 turnovers through the first 4 games like Lebron did in 2016 Finals.

This horrible performance is why Lebron needed to average 36 ppg in the last 3 games to come back.. But if he'd averaged 36 ppg for the ENTIRE series like Jordan did in 91-93 Finals (36/7/8), he wouldn't need a 7th game and therefore would've been more dominant like Jordan was.

Also, Jordan faced greater defensive attention, since he averaged at least 12 ppg more than his 2nd option in every Finals, compared to Lebron's 2 ppg in 2016 Finals.

1. Jordan never played against a more talented team in the Finals (Suns were beat up). Def not a team as good as that warriors team.
2. Jordan was NOT capable of doing what Lebron did defensively during that series.
3. You better hope Lebron doesnt lead the Cavs past this Warriors team next year, bc then it starts getting a little murky.

Jordan was a much better scorer and similar playmaker to Lebron. Lebron is on another level defensively, I've come to see this.

3ball
07-23-2016, 09:57 AM
That's because MJ had rebounding champions and All NBA teammates

In Pippen's entire career, he never averaged anywhere NEAR 27 ppg for a Finals like Kyrie did, or 25 ppg for a playoff run.

Therefore, Jordan faced greater defensive attention, since he never had a scoring threat like Kyrie to take pressure off him - Jordan scored 15 ppg more than his 2nd option, compared to 1 ppg for Lebron.. It's no coincidence that Lebron shot 10 points WORSE in last year's Finals when Kyrie was hurt.

Also, Lebron needed 7 games because he only averaged 24 ppg and 6 turnovers thru 4 games.. Jordan never played this bad over any 4 game stretch, let alone when it mattered in the Finals - that's why he never needed a 7th game - Jordan's playoff and Finals production destroy Lebron's.

Smoke117
07-23-2016, 09:59 AM
In Pippen's entire career, he never averaged anywhere NEAR 27 ppg for a Finals like Kyrie did, or 25 ppg for a playoff run.

Therefore, Jordan faced greater defensive attention, since he scored 15 ppg more than his 2nd option, compared to 1 ppg for Lebron.

Also, Lebron needed 7 games because he only averaged 24 ppg and 6 turnovers thru 4 games.. Jordan never played this bad over any 4 game stretch, let alone when it mattered in the Finals - that's why he never needed a 7th game - Jordan's playoff and Finals production destroy Lebron's.

And Kyrie is a joke compared to pippen defensively...there's two sides to the game idiot.

Hey Yo
07-23-2016, 10:02 AM

Therefore, Jordan faced greater defensive attention, since he never had a scoring threat like Kyrie to take pressure off him - Jordan scored 15 ppg more than his 2nd option, compared to 1 ppg for Lebron.. It's no coincidence that Lebron shot 10 points WORSE in last year's Finals when Kyrie was hurt.

Also, Lebron needed 7 games Jordan never played this bad over any 4 game stretch, let alone when it mattered in the Finals - that's why he never needed a 7th game - Jordan's playoff and Finals production destroy Lebron's.
That's because MJ had rebounding champions and All NBA teammates.

3ball
07-23-2016, 10:17 AM
:rolleyes:

3ball
07-23-2016, 10:29 AM
1. Jordan never played against a more talented team in the Finals (Suns were beat up)

The team with the best regular season record and all the accolades FREQUENTLY loses in the higher-competition playoffs.

So regular season record is a very poor gauge of all-time greatness - it's like using college stats/record to say someone is a great NBA player.

The Warriors were 15-9 in the 2016 playoffs and almost lost to the isolation-king Thunder - many teams from previous eras would beat this Warrior team.

2. Jordan was NOT capable of doing what Lebron did defensively during that series.

The Cavs DRtg was only 108 in the 2016 Finals - that's very average, so Lebron's didn't do anything special defensively.

He got a few blocks, but that doesn't mean anything - for their careers, Jordan and Lebron average the same blocks, including many blocks at the rim against bigs.. Let me know if you want gifs - there are dozens of them.

You're forgetting that Jordan is the best defender EVER at his position - Lebron is nowhere near that, which is why he allowed 2 role players to go buck wild and win FMVP..

Durant also averaged 33 ppg on 55% in 2012 Finals, compared to Lebron's 29 ppg on 49% - so while Lebron let Durant go off and role players win FMVP, Jordan thoroughly dominated head-to-head matchups against Magic and Drexler...

Ca$H
07-23-2016, 10:36 AM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/737001/MARIONBEAT.gif.pagespeed.ce.OV2bxjYXuv.gif

Never forget 2011.

IGOTGAME
07-23-2016, 10:43 AM
The Cavs DRtg was only 108 in the 2016 Finals - that's very average, so Lebron's didn't do anything special defensively.

He got a few blocks, but that doesn't mean anything - for their careers, Jordan and Lebron average the same blocks, including many blocks at the rim against bigs.. Let me know if you want gifs - there are dozens of them.

You're forgetting that Jordan is the best defender EVER at his position - Lebron is nowhere near that, which is why he allowed 2 role players to go buck wild and win FMVP..

Durant also averaged 33 ppg on 55% in 2012 Finals, compared to Lebron's 29 ppg on 49% - so while Lebron let Durant go off and role players win FMVP, Jordan thoroughly dominated head-to-head matchups against Magic and Drexler...

What Lebron did defensively in that series, few players in NBA history are capable of doing. Jordan (not versatile enough) is not one of them.

and what I'm talking about is not the blocks. It was the versatility. Guarding 1 through 5, actually shutting down 1-5 at any moment. Totally demoralizing the current MVP to the point he lashes out like a baby throwing a tantrum. All this while leading the series in all statistical categories and facilitating almost every possession. The workload was insane and it was GOAT level defense, the kind usually reserved only for dominant defenseive bigs at the absolute peak of their powers.

It's not like the Warriors were some average team, they were the returning champs coming off the greatest season ever. trying to use playoff record to demean them is silly because that Thunder team is better than any team the Bulls every faced in the Finals. If anything it just brings attention to how easy Jordan had it from 91-98 (he didn't face teams on that level)

Hey Yo
07-23-2016, 10:45 AM
The team with the best regular season record and all the accolades FREQUENTLY loses in the higher-competition playoffs.

So regular season record is a very poor gauge of all-time greatness - it's like using college stats/record to say someone is a great NBA player.

The Warriors were 15-9 in the 2016 playoffs and almost lost to the isolation-king Thunder - many teams from previous eras would beat this Warrior team.

"It's tough to guard Magic and then go down and be expected to carry the load offensively," Jordan said following the series opener. "It's a challenge, but I have to do it."

"However, things changed in Game 2 when the Bulls discovered a new defensive stopper. Pippen switched over onto Johnson after Jordan picked up his second personal foul in the first quarter and did an outstanding job on the Lakers' star, pestering him into 4-for-13 shooting."

tpols
07-23-2016, 10:49 AM

3ball you're a little off on this one .. while the cavs defense was only slightly above average overall, Lebron posted a 99 drtg i believe.. so yea, while his offensive performances are really overrated in my book due to the bulk of golden state's defense being taken out, his defense was not.. he dominated that end of the floor.

Hey Yo
07-23-2016, 10:51 AM
What Lebron did defensively in that series, few players in NBA history are capable of doing. Jordan (not versatile enough) is not one of them.

and what I'm talking about is not the blocks. It was the versatility. Guarding 1 through 5, actually shutting down 1-5 at any moment. Totally demoralizing the current MVP to the point he lashes out like a baby throwing a tantrum. All this while leading the series in all statistical categories and facilitating almost every possession. The workload was insane and it was GOAT level defense, the kind usually reserved only for dominant defenseive bigs at the absolute peak of their powers.

It's not like the Warriors were some average team, they were the returning champs coming off the greatest season ever. trying to use playoff record to demean them is silly because that Thunder team is better than any team the Bulls every faced in the Finals. If anything it just brings attention to how easy Jordan had it from 91-98 (he didn't face teams on that level)

Add in the fact that this was James' 6th straight Finals appearance and 5th straight postseason leading his team in every series in MP, points, rebounds and assists.

That's a lot of miles....

3ball
07-23-2016, 10:59 AM
Lebron totally demoralized the current MVP to the point he lashes out like a baby throwing a tantrum.

Jordan would block Curry the same way - LOL at thinking a block on Curry deserves props.

All this while leading the series in all statistical categories and facilitating almost every possession. The workload was insane

Jordan's 6 point advantage takes more energy than Lebron's 4 defensive rebounds - you forgot that Jordan averaged 36/7/8 in 91-93 Finals with half the turnovers of Lebron's 30/11/9.

Jordan's scoring advantage was particularly taxing because he faced greater defensive attention - he scored 15 ppg more than his 2nd option, compared to only 1 ppg for Lebron.

It's not like the Warriors were some average team, they were the returning champs coming off the greatest season ever.

The Warriors won last year because Lebron was missing his 2nd and 3rd options, both of which were perennial all-stars.

This year, reality set in that they aren't a great playoff team.

They're a soft team and their gimmick 3-point style was shut down by the Thunder and Cavs - many teams in prior eras would do the same, especially since they were more physical than today's teams.

few players in NBA history are capable of doing what lebron did defensively. Jordan (not versatile enough) is not one of them.

Jordan guarded Magic, Divac and Worthy in 1991 Finals - how is that different from the players that Lebron guarded?

Infact - Magic, Worthy and Divac were all skilled big men, whereas Lebron performed spot-duty on play-finishing bigs that had no offensive responsibility or skill.

IGOTGAME
07-23-2016, 11:12 AM
Jordan would block Curry the same way - LOL at thinking a block on Curry deserves props.

I've never mentioned those blocks. Lebron's highlight must be etched into your mind. I'm talking about totally taking this guy out of the game on ball and off ball. his versatility is what allowed them to do that.

Jordan's 6 point advantage takes more energy than Lebron's 4 defensive rebounds - you forgot that Jordan averaged 36/7/8 in 91-93 Finals with half the turnovers of Lebron's 30/11/9.

I haven't forgotten anything. But Jordan was facing worst team then this GSW team, especially worst defenses. On top of that Jordan didn't facilitate as much as Lebron or was asked to consistently anchor that defense from all angles.

Another note, why lump all those series together? it doesn't make sense.

Jordan guarded Magic, Divac and Worthy in 1991 Finals - how is that different from the players that Lebron guarded?

you've offically jumped the shark. you can't actually believe that.

Mr Feeny
07-23-2016, 11:13 AM
For what it's worth, this was Lebron's defense in the 2016 finals. The best defensive performance in the last 2 decades and on the shortlist of the best in nba history:

LeBron's defenae in the 2016 finals:

Overall: 31.6 DFG%, opponents usually shoot 47.9%, -16.3%
Threes: 29.0 DFG%, opponents usually shoot 39.6%, -10.6%
Twos: 33.3 DFG%, opponents usually shoot 53.6%, -20.3%
<6ft: 38.5 DFG%, opponents usually shoot 63.6%, -25.1%

Just staggering.
:applause:

IGOTGAME
07-23-2016, 11:15 AM
For what it's worth, this was Lebron's defense in the 2016 finals. The best defensive performance in the last 2 decades and on the shortlist of the best in nba history:

Just staggering.

The only one i can think of that comes close was Duncan against New Jersey in 2003, but NJ wasn't a powerhouse like GSW.

Ben Simmons
07-23-2016, 11:21 AM

Just staggering.
Staggering .

And to think this GSW team was posting all time offensive numbers.

Mr Feeny
07-23-2016, 11:21 AM
The only one i can think of that comes close was Duncan against New Jersey in 2003, but NJ wasn't a powerhouse like GSW.

Sorry, my bad. Duncan's actually was higher. I forgot about that. That was significantly better than even Lebron's, if you can grasp that.
I forgot about it. I think Duncan had a 5 or 6 DPM. His numbers were cartoon-like.

Suguru101
07-23-2016, 11:27 AM

Durant averaged 30.6, 6 rebounds and 2.2 assists.

LeBron averaged 28.6, 10.2 rebounds and 7.4 assists.

His overall game impact and his defense thoroughly trounced Durant on the Finals. You only focus on scoring though because that's the only area Jordan has on LeBron (and just because of volume of shots and archaic non-hedging/zone defenses).

At least use the correct stats, dude.

Hey Yo
07-23-2016, 11:32 AM
Durant averaged 30.6, 6 rebounds and 2.2 assists.

LeBron averaged 28.6, 10.2 rebounds and 7.4 assists.

His overall game impact and his defense thoroughly trounced Durant on the Finals. You only focus on scoring though because that's the only area Jordan has on LeBron (and just because of volume of shots and archaic non-hedging/zone defenses).

At least use the correct stats, dude.
Once AGAIN....goofball busted using fake stats to make James look worse.

diamenz
07-23-2016, 12:19 PM
bron did great, but it doesn't erase his past.

hiphopfan777
07-23-2016, 12:28 PM
1. Jordan never played against a more talented team in the Finals (Suns were beat up). Def not a team as good as that warriors team.
3. You better hope Lebron doesnt lead the Cavs past this Warriors team next year, bc then it starts getting a little murky.

Jordan was a much better scorer and similar playmaker to Lebron. Lebron is on another level defensively, I've come to see this.
Jordan never had a game 7. Also he scored 63 on road vs best team ever. Now you got scrubs like jeff teague and kyle lowry considered stars . crappy players

IGOTGAME
07-23-2016, 12:30 PM
bron did great, but it doesn't erase his past.

this is 100% my stance and why Jordan is #1. the 3ball guy just won't recognize how great this series was

diamenz
07-23-2016, 12:47 PM
this is 100% my stance and why Jordan is #1. the 3ball guy just won't recognize how great this series was

he makes us jordan fans look bad with his obnoxious stanning.

Hey Yo
07-23-2016, 11:48 PM
3ball

#crickets

BlkMambaGOAT
07-23-2016, 11:58 PM
GOAT finals?

Went AWOL game 1, 2, 4.

Statpadded in game 3.

Had the 3 best opposing defenders out/injured game 5-7.

Had the floor opened up by Godrie Irving.

GOAT finals?

:biggums:
Nope
:coleman:

Hey Yo
07-24-2016, 12:14 AM
Why take the time?........DUMB ^^^^

post I was referring to is the one quoted down below by wiggy. It was removed from above this post.

red1
07-24-2016, 12:17 AM
Wut nikka?

Dat dude jus put op,more 40 point finals games in dat series den ur boi mamba put up in his entire career lol myy lord u kobe boys need to back back n give james fifty ft smh

Dis shit lookin hella bad on yall, wild desperate like rabies type shit lol
http://i.makeagif.com/media/7-19-2015/hukBPU.gif

Real14
07-24-2016, 12:43 AM
Yeah right. Jordan and Kobe never had to get the most important 2 way player on the opposing team suspended for no reason. That's why LeBron have 3 asterisks.

warriorfan
07-24-2016, 12:48 AM
0*/7

Smoke117
07-24-2016, 12:50 AM
Man how old are u lil nikka?
MJ was the biggest kiss ass to,refs in da history of sports and kb tried to get dat euro white boi suspended after he slapped his ass way back
Know ur shit or put ur face down when big dogs come thru smh

Is this account supposed to be a play on knicksman? Or are you just this ghetto?

warriorfan
07-24-2016, 12:54 AM
ive seen enough

wiggy is budaddii

SpecialQue
07-24-2016, 01:08 AM
There is nothing he can do that will make me like him. I will still call him a bitch regardless of how often he wins. I just can't say he sucks anymore.

Real14
07-24-2016, 01:09 AM
Man how old are u lil nikka?
MJ was the biggest kiss ass to,refs in da history of sports and kb tried to get dat euro white boi suspended after he slapped his ass way back
Know ur shit or put ur face down when big dogs come thru smh
When the last time that stick in the ass bitch Bron was fouled out?? Jordan complained but not nearly as LeBron and still played the right way. You phucked yourself up with that kobe argument saying he "tried" cuz why did LeBron try and got what he wanted??. Shut the phuck up while grow folks are talking bitch :coleman:

Real14
07-24-2016, 01:12 AM
There is nothing he can do that will make me like him. I will still call him a bitch regardless of how often he wins. I just can't say he sucks anymore.
That niguh needed Dray suspended just to take the pressure off of him and his team.