PDA

View Full Version : Stein: Mavs 'strong' destination for Bogut

DirkNowitzki41
07-04-2016, 01:00 PM
**** off Cuban...

Sources say Dallas, furthermore, has emerged as a strong potential trade destination for Andrew Bogut, who the Warriors must now move

- Marc Stein

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 15m15 minutes ago

The Warriors love Bogut and, sources say, are inclined to try to send him to a destination he likes. Bogut and Barnes are also good pals
359 retweets 430 likes

SwishAndSplash
07-04-2016, 01:03 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: wouldnt expect anything else from cuban

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-04-2016, 01:12 PM
It would be a good move for the Mavs. Solidifies the center spot... and is a place holder while the Mavs get younger, etc.

DirkNowitzki41
07-04-2016, 01:18 PM
It would be a good move for the Mavs. Solidifies the center spot... and is a place holder while the Mavs get younger, etc.

True. But I dont like helping the Warriors lol

Anyway, isnt he out 6-8 months? or is that weeks?

SwishAndSplash
07-04-2016, 01:26 PM

what's the point of building a team anymore :lol warriors gonna win it all anyway

bigkingsfan
07-04-2016, 01:29 PM
Trade Dirk for him

Green
Dirk
Durant
Thompson
Curry
:eek:

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-04-2016, 01:31 PM
Mavs weren't winning a championship next year anyway. So 2-3 years down the line they can get better.

And even with Durant, GS's window is only about 3-4 years. By that time, injuries, salaries, etc creep in. They are young now. But Iggy aint playing forever... guys like Livingston will leave... they won't have the draft to replenish talent etc.

And neither Durant nor Curry are "young" by NBA standards. And both have had their health issues.... 4 years from now... both will be 32.

Cleverness
07-04-2016, 01:35 PM
True. But I dont like helping the Warriors lol

Anyway, isnt he out 6-8 months? or is that weeks?

Weeks

Bogut is one of the most underrated players of the past 3 years, and should have been in the discussion for DPOY in 2014-2015. Warriors' defense will be significantly worse without him

DirkNowitzki41
07-04-2016, 02:13 PM
Weeks

Bogut is one of the most underrated players of the past 3 years, and should have been in the discussion for DPOY in 2014-2015. Warriors' defense will be significantly worse without him

:cheers:

DirkNowitzki41
07-04-2016, 02:13 PM
Looks like its going to be a done deal

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 8m8 minutes ago

Free agent center Andrew Bogut is nearing a deal to sign with Dallas, league sources tells @TheVertical.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 6m6 minutes ago

Let me be clearer: Golden State and Dallas nearing terms on a trade to send Bogut to the Mavericks. I'll shake out the cobwebs here yet.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 4m4 minutes ago

Dallas will take on Bogut into its salary cap space.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 2m2 minutes ago

Sources: Dallas working on renouncing contracts to absorb Bogut in trade, try to sign Harrison Barnes as UFA free agent, and re-sign Dirk.

ArbitraryWater
07-04-2016, 02:15 PM
Cuban is a piece of shi

fck this team

Haymaker
07-04-2016, 02:18 PM
Mavs could end up with a decent lineup.

DWill
Matthews
Barnes??
Dirk
Bogut

IGOTGAME
07-04-2016, 02:18 PM
why is this helping Golden State? In a perfect world they would keep Bogut.

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-04-2016, 02:19 PM
Cuban is a piece of shi

fck this team

Huh? What he did was just fine. Bogut while oft injured is a nice center. And a 1 year rental. He was going somewhere. Might as well be with the Mavs.

Cuban dd a smart thing this time.

ALBballer
07-04-2016, 02:21 PM
Lakers taking another L.

DWill
Matthews
Barnes??
Dirk
Bogut

That's an old team filled with injured riddled players that are on the decline aside from maybe Matthews and Barnes. Borderline playoff team at best.

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-04-2016, 02:22 PM
And: 1 year deal for Biogut. One year deal with Williams.

Mavs will have Anderson/ Barnes/Powell/Matthews locked up long term.

So they will have more room to go after a guy like Westbrook. They get younger and are looking to build for the future. Very solid move.

DirkNowitzki41
07-04-2016, 02:22 PM

DWill
Matthews
Barnes??
Dirk
Bogut

Yep, very respectable. And Barnes to Dallas is happening.

Considering what we were just yesterday, I'll take it. Hopefully the Barnes gamble works out. Nice having a really young athletic wing for once.

DirkNowitzki41
07-04-2016, 02:23 PM

So they will have more room to go after a guy like Westbrook. They get younger and are looking to build for the future. Very solid move.

This would make the last 5-6 years worth it, lol. Hopefully Westbrook aint too upset with Cuban's "not a superstar" comment.

Haymaker
07-04-2016, 02:26 PM

Damn, that would be awesome.

Nash
07-04-2016, 02:26 PM
of course, mavs the dumpster of the nba

BallsOut
07-04-2016, 02:27 PM
Cuban is a piece of shi

fck this team

RocketGreatness mad as hell :roll:

BallsOut
07-04-2016, 02:34 PM

DWill
Matthews
Barnes??
Dirk
Bogut

That's a playoff team, possibly a 4 seed. Mavs making great moves this offseason by patiently waiting and not signing awful contracts like the Lakers :facepalm

DMAVS41
07-04-2016, 02:36 PM
Nice addition if Bogut can stay healthy.

Don't like Barnes at that number though. Hopefully we can add a another big and wing player.

BallsOut
07-04-2016, 02:39 PM
Nice addition if Bogut can stay healthy.

Don't like Barnes at that number though. Hopefully we can add a another big and wing player.

Let's be honest, even if he doesn't stay healthy, it's worth a gamble at such a great contract.

You could do a lot worse than 5 years 98 mill for Barnes.. like Deng at 18 mill per for 4 years.

DMAVS41
07-04-2016, 02:45 PM
Let's be honest, even if he doesn't stay healthy, it's worth a gamble at such a great contract.

You could do a lot worse than 5 years 98 mill for Barnes.. like Deng at 18 mill per for 4 years.

Completely agree about Bogut...definitely worth it.

I'm not a big fan of Barnes...just being honest. I don't hate him or anything like that. He's solid. Shoot me, but I actually like Parsons better...LOL

Also, isn't it a 4 year deal? I thought the only team that could offer 5 is the Warriors.

DirkNowitzki41
07-04-2016, 02:50 PM
Dallas and Golden State have agreed to an Andrew Bogut trade, sources say

I like it. I know I said I'd hate to help the Warriors, but lets be real, someone was taking him, might as well improve.

sf and c upgrades. not bad

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-04-2016, 02:51 PM
I like it. I know I said I'd hate to help the Warriors, but lets be real, someone was taking him, might as well improve.

sf and c upgrades. not bad

And younger to boot!

SilkkTheShocker
07-04-2016, 02:55 PM
Dallas just really needs to rebuild. They're stuck on the treadmill, and free agents are giving them the Knicks treatment. Where they use them as leverage to get more money from other teams. They could get away with these moves in past because Dirk was still a top 10 player. But now, they just need to blow it up.

Cone
07-04-2016, 02:55 PM
Nice bounce back off-season for Dallas tbh

StephHamann
07-04-2016, 02:56 PM
Williams Matthews Barnes and Bogut are all solid to great defensive players, damn if only Dirk was 5 years younger. :lol

Collie
07-04-2016, 02:59 PM
A starting quality center on a cheap and short contract that Dallas is getting for what I'd assume is peanuts. If you look at it objectively, it's a no brainer move.

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-04-2016, 03:00 PM
Williams Matthews Barnes and Bogut are all solid to great defensive players, damn if only Dirk was 5 years younger. :lol

Throw in Anderson off the bench as well. That is a good defensive team.

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-04-2016, 03:02 PM
A starting quality center on a cheap and short contract that Dallas is getting for what I'd assume is peanuts. If you look at it objectively, it's a no brainer move.

Yep. And he only averaged 5 PPG. But he only shot 4 times a game. I think he could potentially be a double double guy with good defense if he gets to play 25+ minutes and get some touches to score. (Dirk will make sure Bogut gets some looks around the rim. Dirk made Zaza look like a walking double double for the first half of the year before Zaza's wheels feel off because of the minutes.)

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-04-2016, 03:04 PM
And the Mavs get a second round pick in the trade too.

Haymaker
07-04-2016, 03:20 PM
Barnes agrees

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/750044749529223168

BallsOut
07-04-2016, 03:36 PM
And the Mavs get a second round pick in the trade too.

Where did you see this? So it's basically Bogut, 2nd round pick to Mavs for nothing?

BallsOut
07-04-2016, 03:38 PM
Completely agree about Bogut...definitely worth it.

I'm not a big fan of Barnes...just being honest. I don't hate him or anything like that. He's solid. Shoot me, but I actually like Parsons better...LOL

Also, isn't it a 4 year deal? I thought the only team that could offer 5 is the Warriors.

You're right, it is 4 years. So about 23 mill per. I mean, it's the only bad move the mavs have made this season. But they don't have many other options and Dirk deserves to go out with at least a competitive roster, so hey Cuban :applause:

DMAVS41
07-04-2016, 03:55 PM
You're right, it is 4 years. So about 23 mill per. I mean, it's the only bad move the mavs have made this season. But they don't have many other options and Dirk deserves to go out with at least a competitive roster, so hey Cuban :applause:

Yea.

I really like the Williams move. I don't like the Powell contract, but I do like Powell as a player.

Love the Bogut addition...definitely worth it.

I don't like Barnes that much, but it is the best we can do...I agree with that.