PDA

View Full Version : Should Dirk and Wade ring-chase?

DoctorP
07-01-2016, 11:48 PM
Both players would be extremely valuable to young teams. Both players have been loyal to their teams taking paycuts. At what point do either say "enough is enough" and go to teams that they could help put over the top?

Granted, Miami is now one of those young teams and could use more help, but Dallas is looking to rebuild.

NBAGOAT
07-01-2016, 11:51 PM
Dirk should possibly. Wade has 3 rings however, I think he should just try to get paid since he's been underpaid his whole career.

SamuraiSWISH
07-01-2016, 11:52 PM
Wade to Cleveland.

Dirk to Golden State.

DoctorP
07-01-2016, 11:56 PM
Wade to Cleveland.

Dirk to Golden State.

not sure if facetious, but this would be boring.

DoctorP
07-01-2016, 11:58 PM

on second thought, Wade off the bench would add an interesting dynamic to the Warriors. Dirk would be a sweet replacement for Love.

Yet rich get richer...

SamuraiSWISH
07-01-2016, 11:58 PM
This would be heaven. Wade clowning Dirk in a Finals yet again.

Fire Colangelo
07-02-2016, 12:01 AM
They both have a ring and a FMVP... There's really no value in chasing that final ring anymore. I think they'd much rather finish their careers with their respective franchises.

Cuban probably has Dirk covered for the rest of his life.... Can't say the same about Arison though.

DoctorP
07-02-2016, 12:02 AM
They both have a ring and a FMVP... There's really no value in chasing that final ring anymore. I think they'd much rather finish their careers with their respective franchises.

Cuban probably has Dirk covered for the rest of his life.... Can't say the same about Arison though.

why would you think this?

D-Wait
07-02-2016, 12:03 AM
on second thought, Wade off the bench would add an interesting dynamic to the Warriors. Dirk would be a sweet replacement for Love.

I love Dirk, but if we're talking upgrade to K-Love, I want a PF capable of playing defense for once.

DoctorP
07-02-2016, 12:06 AM
I love Dirk, but if we're talking upgrade to K-Love, I want a PF capable of playing defense for once.

They could do that w the extra money saved from trading Love. THINK.

Hey Yo
07-02-2016, 12:06 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if Dirk bought some ownership in the Mavs someday.

Akrazotile
07-02-2016, 12:30 AM
Both players would be extremely valuable to young teams. Both players have been loyal to their teams taking paycuts. At what point do either say "enough is enough" and go to teams that they could help put over the top?

Granted, Miami is now one of those young teams and could use more help, but Dallas is looking to rebuild.

These guys have competed for championships their entire careers.

They have homes and families. There's no need to uproot themselves - for less money, no less - to go chasing after a "ring" with some other team.

Theyre not message board fans obssessing over ring totals. They have other priorities.