PDA

View Full Version : Wanna bet money on Joel Embiid winning rookie of year. How?

IGOTGAME
06-29-2016, 08:42 PM
where can I go and bet some cash on this ?

Ben Simmons (PHI) 13/4

Buddy Hield (NO) 11/2

Brandon Ingram (LAL) 13/2

Kris Dunn (MIN) 15/2

Jamal Murray (DEN) 12/1

Denzel Valentine (CHI) 12/1

Joel Embiid (PHI) 14/1

I wanna put a few hundred dollars on this. Any way to do this without going to Vegas?

StateProperty
06-29-2016, 08:48 PM
I find it tough to believe he'll get the minutes needed to win. Could end up being the best player of that group, but as it stands that's a crowded front court and the Sixers are known to be extremely careful with any talent who has suffered an injury. I'm expecting around 20 mins a game. Maybe that picks up post all-star break or after a trade of Noel and/or Okafor.

IGOTGAME
06-29-2016, 08:50 PM
I find it tough to believe he'll get the minutes needed to win. Could end up being the best player of that group, but as it stands that's a crowded front court and the Sixers are known to be extremely careful with any talent who has suffered an injury. I'm expecting around 20 mins a game. Maybe that picks up post all-star break or after a trade of Noel and/or Okafor.

that is a very good point about minutes. its mostly just for fun, and he prob won't win but I wanna try it out. I think if healthy Embiid will look like the best player tho.

Pointguard
06-29-2016, 08:54 PM

Ben Simmons (PHI) 13/4

Buddy Hield (NO) 11/2

Kris Dunn (MIN) 15/2

Jamal Murray (DEN) 12/1

Joel Embiid (PHI) 14/1

I wanna put a few hundred dollars on this. Any way to do this without going to Vegas?
Fear of injury is the only reason the odds aren't bigger. Philly, also, might be more committed to Simmons.

KingPush
06-29-2016, 08:54 PM
I wouldnt do it. This rookie class seems pretty stacked

AirBonner
06-29-2016, 08:55 PM
I'd bet money on him playing less than 10 games this season

hateraid
06-29-2016, 08:55 PM

Yeah, I don't see him playing more than 20 minutes PLUS back to backs. Just like when Noel got off an injured season. Plus Okafor will command most of the minutes because as of right this very moment, he is the go to player. It's his until Simmons takes it away.

G-train
06-29-2016, 09:00 PM

Ben Simmons (PHI) 13/4

Buddy Hield (NO) 11/2

Kris Dunn (MIN) 15/2

Jamal Murray (DEN) 12/1

Joel Embiid (PHI) 14/1

long term bets like this are very risky, especially in June when teams are far from finalised.

artificial
06-29-2016, 10:21 PM
... so how does one bet? Not into bets myself, but I'm curious too.

FireDavidKahn
06-29-2016, 10:51 PM
LOL.

Embiid is going to be on a minute restriction after having 3 major injuries 3 years in a row.

:lol

G-train
06-29-2016, 11:50 PM
... so how does one bet? Not into bets myself, but I'm curious too.

Very easily and legally if you basically live anywhere in the world except USA :lol

FreezingTsmoove
06-30-2016, 12:15 AM
I would do it quickly before Summer League starts

After he absolutely dominates and everyone is on his D then the odds will increase

Asiantastic
06-30-2016, 03:44 AM
He's going to get limited minutes in his first 20-30 games or so due to his injury, I assume. Then there's always a chance of injury again, based on how well his rehab went, so I personally don't think that he'll win this year.

Prime_Shaq
06-30-2016, 03:55 AM
Is he even playing?

kshutts1
06-30-2016, 07:14 AM
I would do it quickly before Summer League starts

After he absolutely dominates and everyone is on his D then the odds will increase
This is kinda the point, in my opinion, of future bets. Place it as soon as you feel comfortable, before the odds have an opportunity to adjust. Because, assuming you bet correctly, the odds will continue to increase as the season wears on.

GINOBILI!
06-30-2016, 07:37 AM

Ben Simmons (PHI) 13/4

Buddy Hield (NO) 11/2

Kris Dunn (MIN) 15/2

Jamal Murray (DEN) 12/1

Joel Embiid (PHI) 14/1

So you want to bet hundreds of dollars on a guy with less potential and a longer wait between injury and first NBA game than Oden to win rookie of the year?