PDA

View Full Version : Why is Kupchak not signing centers?

tamaraw08
06-27-2016, 01:26 PM
They are all set with PG, SG, SF and PF, but Mitch decided to draft a very raw center, ok, then why not find the best available undrafted centerS to play in the summer pro league?:confusedshrug:

Can't he find atleast the best 3 best centers from the college ranks or D-League or European league?
PAC have atleast 3 good serviceable centers but 2 signed elsewhere.
Arizona's Tarlewski was signed by Washington.
I really like Josh Scott of Colorado. He averaged 16 pts, 9 rebs, PAC 12 all defensive but also was signed by Denver.
USC's Jovanovic is listed as PF but this guy can hold his own at 6-11.
I'm not saying these guys will make it big time, but by doing NOTHING, you get zero chance of landing a Post player.
Miami not only landed Whiteside 2 yrs ago, but they also found guys like Joel Anthony and Haslem before, while Mitch found Robert Sacre. :rolleyes:

Kiddlovesnets
06-27-2016, 01:34 PM
They will sign Ezeli for $17m/yr, as I have learned thus far. Ezeli will be the starting center for LA Lakers in the next 3-4 years.

ClipperRevival
06-27-2016, 01:43 PM
They will sign Ezeli for $17m/yr, as I have learned thus far. Ezeli will be the starting center for LA Lakers in the next 3-4 years.

Ezeli sucks. He's nothing but a solid athlete who looks good in P&R lobs. If we sign Ezeli as our starting C, I will be pissed. To me, there isn't much separating him from Tarik Black. Black is shorter but more mobile, athletic and plays with higher energy.

Kiddlovesnets
06-27-2016, 01:45 PM
Ezeli sucks. He's nothing but a solid athlete who looks good in P&R lobs. If we sign Ezeli as our starting C, I will be pissed. To me, there isn't much separating him from Tarik Black. Black is shorter but more mobile, athletic and plays with higher energy.

But from as far as I know, Ezeli will get around $50m for 3 years contract, at least 2-3 teams are offering that. The Lakers are among the list, but sure there are chances another team grabs Ezeli.

ClipperRevival
06-27-2016, 01:45 PM
Dream scenario for me is we somehow trade for Noel. Maybe give up Clarkson, Young, Lou and future picks. Noel as our starter and Black coming off the bench as our first "big" would make me a very happy Laker fan.

ClipperRevival
06-27-2016, 01:51 PM
But from as far as I know, Ezeli will get around $50m for 3 years contract, at least 2-3 teams are offering that. The Lakers are among the list, but sure there are chances another team grabs Ezeli.

Let them. Ezeli is not going to take us anywhere special. He's just a guy and has no skill. If we are going to get a big with no skill, he better he very athletic like a Noel or DJ. Guys like that.

tamaraw08
06-27-2016, 04:43 PM

I was disappointed with Ezeli last finals, but for the sake of argument that he is adequate, Lakers still needs a back up center, what is the downside of collecting 2-3 best available centers to play for you in the SPL and found out if any of them can be good enough to play for the team in the coming season?:confusedshrug:
You get ZERO chance of getting that back up if you don't do anything.

Levity
06-27-2016, 04:47 PM
zubacca with the 32nd pick. hopeful to get him to play summer league. but if not, theyd still like him to be a part of the team this upcoming season (will spend AL LEAST half the seaon with the dleague)

invited a 7' 2" C from france to play on their summer league team

already on record saying theyre going after a bigman this summer (a good amount of starting C's available)

have black penciled in as the bench C

how many C's do you want them to sign?

Lone Laker
06-27-2016, 05:24 PM
They can't sign any player until July 1st.

tamaraw08
06-27-2016, 10:58 PM
zubacca with the 32nd pick. hopeful to get him to play summer league. but if not, theyd still like him to be a part of the team this upcoming season (will spend AL LEAST half the seaon with the dleague)

invited a 7' 2" C from france to play on their summer league team

already on record saying theyre going after a bigman this summer (a good amount of starting C's available)

have black penciled in as the bench C

how many C's do you want them to sign?

Can you send me the link about them inviting that 7-2 guy?
While Black is not a horrible player, why can't they even try to sign prospects to simply try to find out if they are better on not? Why settle on an average at best player?:confusedshrug:

G-train
06-27-2016, 11:16 PM

That was before the season, his value has dropped due to injury and some poor play at times.

He could end up as low as 4/40.