PDA

View Full Version : could Jaylen Brown have been the best pick in the draft?

AirBonner
06-26-2016, 03:23 AM
- young raw player
- talented athletic freak
-coachable drive to succeed
-good measurables
-Narcissistic
These qualities seem to be possessed by projected star players. I think he has a good chance at being the best player of this draft.

KingPush
06-26-2016, 04:09 AM
Yup, Lakers ****ed up again this year

Meticode
06-26-2016, 04:14 AM
You're a Celtics fan. Of course you'll be hopeful.

Lebron23
06-26-2016, 04:39 AM
- young raw player
- talented athletic freak
-coachable drive to succeed
-good measurables
-Narcissistic
These qualities seem to be possessed by projected star players. I think he has a good chance at being the best player of this draft.

He's the next Jason Richardson.

AirBonner
06-26-2016, 04:42 AM
He's the next Jason Richardson.
I think that is his floor. His ceiling is Lebron James. He is crazy athletic. Can drive to the hoop at will and is already a good defender. His versatility is comparable as well.

RoundMoundOfReb
06-26-2016, 05:31 AM
I think that is his floor. His ceiling is Lebron James. He is crazy athletic. Can drive to the hoop at will and is already a good defender. His versatility is comparable as well.
No.

G-train
06-26-2016, 06:04 AM
Yes he could be, but so could many players.

Sportal
06-26-2016, 06:07 AM

His ceiling is one of the greatest basketballers in the history of the game? LeBron as an 18 year old would destroy this kids first 5 seasons in the league, almost guarantee. Actually, that's not a big enough bet... LeBron as an 18 year old, will be better than this dudes entire career.

midatlantic09
06-26-2016, 06:48 AM

:lol :roll: :lol :roll:

Craven Morehead
06-26-2016, 07:30 AM

:facepalm

You stupid little boy. No wonder your mom wanted an abortion.

MMM
06-26-2016, 09:10 AM
how does he compare to Wiggins, Johnson, and Winslow?

The first thing I notice when watching is he has good feet followed by good body control. Although, his handle is nothing special his first step is explosive and should help him get to the rim. It's said that he has a great work ethic, so I do expect his footwork to get better, but more importantly his shooting would also need to improve. That being said I can live with his current development as a shooter, which is his shot is not broken. Finally, he was highly touted before coming to college and despite having an up and down game at Cal as freshmen, i believe he has all the tools to succeed at the NBA level.

MMM
06-26-2016, 09:26 AM
he's obviously not LeBron James but in the videos, he does have similar movements in some area of the court, on the fastbreak in particular. Also, his slashing ability reminds me of Wade and the body control a bit of VC. However, watching highlights can make any rookie look comparable to all stars the key is if he has the focus, maturity, and mentality to overcome and improve his weak areas and most the time even that isn't enough.

raprap
06-26-2016, 09:42 AM
Who's the better prospect... Jaylen or Winslow?

K.dot ShowTime
06-26-2016, 09:55 AM
After drafting D'bustello Bustell I think this time we got the best talent in Ingram.

To Op - Not even close. 10th in my list

Dragan is a garenteed bust.

r0drig0lac
06-26-2016, 09:58 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/smilies/kobe.jpg

MMM
06-26-2016, 09:59 AM
After drafting D'bustello Bustell I think this time we got the best talent in Ingram.

To Op - Not even close. 10th in my list

don't see how there are 9 better players than Jaylan. Murry and Buddy have a shot at being 20 point scorers in the league but i feel Jaylan is more complete.

JohnnySic
06-26-2016, 10:18 AM
Aside from the obvious talent/skill discrepancy, LeBron was about 2 inches taller and 20 lbs heavier coming into the league. Different type of player. So lets nip that comparison in the bud right now.

NugzFan
06-26-2016, 10:33 AM
I read title and thought "I bet a Celtic fan posted this "

This thread never gets made if brown isn't a Celtic. Pure homerism.

Spurs5Rings2014
06-26-2016, 12:05 PM
His ceiling is Lebron James.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Real Men Wear Green
06-26-2016, 12:41 PM
I've never watched him play meaning my opinion isn't worth two cents but the shooting report i read sounds like Shawn Marion.

FireDavidKahn
06-26-2016, 01:45 PM
No.

All he is, is an athletic freak. He bullied his way in high school and college...that wont work in the NBA.

FireDavidKahn
06-26-2016, 01:45 PM
Easily Winslow.

AirBonner
06-26-2016, 01:51 PM
Easily Winslow.
Disagree. Winslow doesn't have the drive to be a star in this league.

hateraid
06-26-2016, 01:56 PM
He reminds me of Shannon Brown. No way he can be the next Lebron. Other than athleticism they have no similarities in their game. His ceiling could be Dominique
Wilkins.

EricGordon23
06-26-2016, 02:00 PM
Celtic Homer for sure. He will be another average player. Celtics continue to grab good players but none of them are great players

Comparing him to lebron James really...

DMAVS41
06-26-2016, 05:27 PM
I doubt it.

I actually like Brown, but I don't really understand what the Celtics are doing.

Would Brown be drafted ahead of Noel if Noel was in this draft? I really don't think Brown would be ranked higher.

But, as always, so much uncertainty with draft picks....and Brown is a special athlete.

rogmatic
06-26-2016, 07:42 PM
How can you limit Jaylen's career with Lebron as his ceiling? The guy could easily surpass Lebron and Jordan and set the new standard for greatness in the sport. The sky is the limit for undersized interior guys who can't shoot.

KingPush
06-26-2016, 08:46 PM
Easily Winslow.
Not sure if srs

kurple
06-26-2016, 08:55 PM
Stanley Johnson

G-train
06-26-2016, 09:04 PM
Stanley Johnson

Winslow was significantly better than Johnson.

Won't always show up in boxscore though.

AirBonner
06-26-2016, 10:58 PM
How can you limit Jaylen's career with Lebron as his ceiling? The guy could easily surpass Lebron and Jordan and set the new standard for greatness in the sport. The sky is the limit for undersized interior guys who can't shoot.
how is he undersized as a sf? he has the same measurable as Paul Pierce :confusedshrug:

Dr. Cheesesteak
06-26-2016, 11:02 PM
how is he undersized as a sf? he has the same measurable as Paul Pierce :confusedshrug:
Jaylen is 6'5.25" w/o shoes. Pierce was an even 6'6". Negligible, sure...though maybe not? :confusedshrug:

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Paul-Pierce-3950/

KingPush
06-26-2016, 11:19 PM
Jaylen is 6'5.25" w/o shoes. Pierce was an even 6'6". Negligible, sure...though maybe not? :confusedshrug:

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Paul-Pierce-3950/
Jaylen probably has a longer wingspan though

Dr. Cheesesteak
06-26-2016, 11:24 PM
Jaylen probably has a longer wingspan though
Probably.

I'm not knocking Jaylen. He just doesn't have the SF size to shift to PF in smallball line ups. ...which is fine, just keep him at SF in smallball lineups lol.

AirBonner
06-26-2016, 11:29 PM
Probably.

I'm not knocking Jaylen. He just doesn't have the SF size to shift to PF in smallball line ups. ...which is fine, just keep him at SF in smallball lineups lol.
Lets see in a couple years. The guy is already strong as hell. He well pack on even more muscle. He doesn't need to change his physique much compared to the other top prospects

NugzFan
06-26-2016, 11:43 PM
any chance OP could have made this thread before the lottery?

AirBonner
06-26-2016, 11:49 PM
any chance OP could have made this thread before the lottery?
Stay mad. How many more years do the nugz have in their rebuild? :lol

Dr. Cheesesteak
06-27-2016, 12:03 AM
Lets see in a couple years. The guy is already strong as hell. He well pack on even more muscle. He doesn't need to change his physique much compared to the other top prospects
Yeah. I mean, to answer your thread title, sure he can be best pick in draft. Anything is possible if Simmons/Ingram turn mediocre, Bender and Chriss don't reach their max god-like potential, etc. I definitely see Jaylen as a potential non-crazy, better version of Lance Stephenson...or I guess like a Jimmy Butler, in a better sense.

Well...to play devil's advocate, I think Nugz look real nice. I think they're a dark horse to make the playoffs. I predict UK Murray will be a bust, but if he's not, watch out. Also, I believe in Malone. Dude can coach. Nugz are right there...

NugzFan
06-27-2016, 12:04 AM

what would I possibly be mad at? danny ainge turning down our offer so we still end up getting our guy at 7 instead of giving up assets to get him at 3? um, no...im cool with that. :cheers:

im just calling you out for being a huge homer. zero chance you make this thread before the lottery and almost zero before the draft.

we just finished year 1 of our current rebuild. so far, not bad.

AirBonner
06-27-2016, 12:10 AM
what would I possibly be mad at? danny ainge turning down our offer so we still end up getting our guy at 7 instead of giving up assets to get him at 3? um, no...im cool with that. :cheers:

im just calling you out for being a huge homer. zero chance you make this thread before the lottery and almost zero before the draft.

we just finished year 1 of our current rebuild. so far, not bad.
Oh I forgot you have to be good to begin with in order to have a "rebuild "

PejaNowitzki
06-27-2016, 12:59 AM

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

:biggums:

:hammerhead: :hammerhead:

Run&Gun=Fun
06-27-2016, 01:21 AM

Such a stereo typical, close minded attitude. If he were an American would you say that? Black? Probably haven't even seen him play.

NugzFan
06-27-2016, 01:32 AM
Oh I forgot you have to be good to begin with in order to have a "rebuild "

:wtf:

Gougou
06-27-2016, 02:57 AM
I think he is fine, I am not sure why some other Celtics fan said he is a huge bust, or the Celtics draft screwed up, plz explain.

SwishSquared
06-28-2016, 02:15 AM
I doubt it.

I actually like Brown, but I don't really understand what the Celtics are doing.

Would Brown be drafted ahead of Noel if Noel was in this draft? I really don't think Brown would be ranked higher.

But, as always, so much uncertainty with draft picks....and Brown is a special athlete.I really didn't like what Boston did this draft. I think Ainge and his FO spent too much time leaking stuff to Woj and Stein. I know they had too many picks, but they could have traded down and would have had a shot at Brown. I thought Bender was the guy they'd pick since they could afford to gamble on him panning out due to the remaining BKN draft assets.

I also probably would have done #3 to Philly if they were offering Noel. Especially if they put RoCo on the table, though I doubt they happened.