PDA

View Full Version : Since 1970 most repeats in NBA history (for ATG)

TheImmortal
06-22-2016, 03:08 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16399402/golden-state-warriors-difficulty-projecting-nba-dynasties

The hardest thing to do in NBA is repeat as we just saw. The biggest sign of dominance (for All-Time Greats) in the NBA is a repeat and a defense of your title in my opinion.

MJ: 4
Kobe: 3
Shaq: 2
LeBron: 1
Hakeem: 1
Magic: 1
Kareem: 1
Isiah Thomas: 1
Duncan: 0
Curry: 0
Wilt: 0
Oscar: 0
West: 0
KG: 0
Dirk: 0

To me this has to be a factor in all time player rankings. Since by definition repeating constitutes a dynasty and dominance over peers. Let's be real, a repeat is harder to do than winning an MVP award.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-22-2016, 03:21 PM
Not a list indicative of ATG rankings, but what I will say is, the Spurs are f*cking vultures. :oldlol:

Duncan and his crew have NEVER repeated and seemingly always won their titles when the heavy-hitters (superstars) had DOWN years either with injury or team strength. Not taking anything away from them...hell who wouldn't take advantage of that? Just saying though.

Odinn
06-22-2016, 03:34 PM
Not a list indicative of ATG rankings, but what I will say is, the Spurs are f*cking vultures. :oldlol:

Duncan and his crew have NEVER repeated and seemingly always won their titles when the heavy-hitters (superstars) had DOWN years either with injury or team strength. Not taking anything away from them...hell who wouldn't take advantage of that? Just saying though.
And when Spurs and Lakers faced each other during the Lakers 3peat, Duncan was injured(2000), Duncan's 2nd option Derek Anderson(2001) was injured and DRob was injured(2002).

Should I credit Shaq as vulture as well? At least for injuries of Duncan and DRob's injuries.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-22-2016, 03:48 PM
And when Spurs and Lakers faced each other during the Lakers 3peat, Duncan was injured(2000), Duncan's 2nd option Derek Anderson(2001) was injured and DRob was injured(2002).

Should I credit Shaq as vulture as well? At least for injuries of Duncan and DRob's injuries.

Those Spurs teams weren't f*cking with the 3-peat Lakers.

Derek Anderson? Be serious for a minute... :oldlol: