PDA

View Full Version : Irving Is Going To Steal All of Westbrook's Shine

SilkkTheShocker
06-22-2016, 10:26 AM
This board is very pro-Westbrook. And while he does a lot of things better than Irving. I think we saw the true difference between the two. RW has proven time and time again that he isn't a clutch performer. He kills the boards, racks up assists, and one of the most athletic players to play the game. But he is a dumb player, that can be baited into taking dumb shots. Where he and Irving differ is Irving is without a doubt 30x the clutch player RW will ever be. If you asked Curry right now who would rather deal with in a series between Irving or RW, he takes Westbrook 12 times out of 10. Westbrook might be a the player you want for the regular season haul. But in a playoff setting? Irving is miles more reliable. Westbrook laughed at Curry's defense, and Curry made him look like a fool the rest of the series.

Klay 3D
06-22-2016, 10:46 AM
Replace the word "Westbrook" with "Lebron" and everything (except the dumb part) is still true as well.

SilkkTheShocker
06-22-2016, 11:34 AM
Replace the word "Westbrook" with "Lebron" and everything (except the dumb part) is still true as well.

LeBron is always the story of the NBA.

AintNoSunshine
06-22-2016, 11:49 AM
My sauces told me Curry has been having nightmares of Lebron anally sodomizing him so I don't think so.

SilkkTheShocker
06-22-2016, 11:59 AM
My sauces told me Curry has been having nightmares of Lebron anally sodomizing him so I don't think so.

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

theaussieguy
06-22-2016, 12:02 PM
not to mention he has a POVERTY 36.5 inch vertical. That is okay if you play like an actual pointguard, you know someone who has the capacity to score or distribute when needed but most of all, make the smart play.

Westbrook plays like he is Lebron, like he is some physical specimen that can get away with pure physicality (this is an insult to lebron though, Lebron has far more skills than westbrook yet a far greater physical advantage). He will DROP off a cliff very soon.

SilkkTheShocker
06-22-2016, 12:08 PM
not to mention he has a POVERTY 36.5 inch vertical. That is okay if you play like an actual pointguard, you know someone who has the capacity to score or distribute when needed but most of all, make the smart play.

Westbrook plays like he is Lebron, like he is some physical specimen that can get away with pure physicality (this is an insult to lebron though, Lebron has far more skills than westbrook yet a far greater physical advantage). He will DROP off a cliff very soon.
Not to mention people still believe he is a good defender just because he is athletic and gets steals. Atrocious defender. Not that Irving is better. But good lord, Westbrook handed GS the series on a platter those last 3 games. In 5 years he will be coming off the bench for some euro-ball team in Turkey

PP34Deuce
06-22-2016, 01:46 PM
Not to mention people still believe he is a good defender just because he is athletic and gets steals. Atrocious defender. Not that Irving is better. But good lord, Westbrook handed GS the series on a platter those last 3 games. In 5 years he will be coming off the bench for some euro-ball team in Turkey

Kyrie can shoot. I'd say Westbrook is a better playmaker but Kyrie can ISO and shoot and that's a great quality to have.

moongaze
06-22-2016, 01:49 PM
Kyrie is the far more efficient player. I don't care about 11 assists. Give me the guy that can shoot and finish

warriorfan
06-22-2016, 01:57 PM
Westbrook doesn't even have any shine :lol

Graviton
06-22-2016, 02:03 PM
Westbrook was looking unstoppable until they went up 3-1, then they choked away the series with him and Durant melting down in every elimination game. But then Warriors do the same vs Cavs and now the unstoppable Curry looks done vs Irving. Those dragged out 7 game series take a toll on everyone.

Curry/Paul/Westbrook/Irving can all outplay each other in a series. I don't think there is a huge gap between any of them.

CTbasketball92
06-22-2016, 06:10 PM
Westbrook was looking unstoppable until they went up 3-1, then they choked away the series with him and Durant melting down in every elimination game. But then Warriors do the same vs Cavs and now the unstoppable Curry looks done vs Irving. Those dragged out 7 game series take a toll on everyone.

Curry/Paul/Westbrook/Irving can all outplay each other in a series. I don't think there is a huge gap between any of them.

This is spot on.