PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland was so insanely stacked it doesn't feel like a true champion

masonanddixon
06-20-2016, 09:05 AM
You could pretty much replaced lebron with any other star play and gotten the same outcome and the fact you had three superstars all in their primes together takes away from the purity of the championship. It was nowhere near as impressive as The Almighty winning it with a bunch of role players.

Im Still Ballin
06-20-2016, 09:07 AM
It's HILAR' watching the last of the LeBron haters SQUIRM with their last dying breath

What a time to be posting on InsideHoops!

Straight_Ballin
06-20-2016, 09:10 AM
You could pretty much replaced lebron with any other star play and gotten the same outcome and the fact you had three superstars all in their primes together takes away from the purity of the championship. It was nowhere near as impressive as The Almighty winning it with a bunch of role players.

This is to be expected... Lebron won't play in any other scenario but he helped Kyrie bring that title to Cleveland so after our 52 year drought, I am happy.

Lebron finally made up for the decision.

Spurs m8
06-20-2016, 09:11 AM
Enjoy the salt

masonanddixon
06-20-2016, 09:12 AM
Enjoy the salt

I don't even watch the NBA anymore. It's a disgrace.

Spurs m8
06-20-2016, 09:15 AM
I don't even watch the NBA anymore. It's a disgrace.

I figured as such.

If you watched the whole series, or even just the past 3 games, you'd see what a performance it actually was...and I'm generally a Cavs hater.

You missed out with game 7 too....WHAT.A.F*CKING.GAME.

Bernkastel
06-20-2016, 09:19 AM
Their stacked roster is why they shattered the Bulls' record, so, yes, I agree.

masonanddixon
06-20-2016, 09:19 AM
I figured as such.

If you watched the whole series, or even just the past 3 games, you'd see what a performance it actually was...and I'm generally a Cavs hater.

You missed out with game 7 too....WHAT.A.F*CKING.GAME.

I heard Love was huge in the 4th and Irving balled out of his mind all series.

I don't know about you, man, but a league with no post play and no elite big men is pretty depressing. I mean you had a guy who scored 8 points in a Finals game and a total of 10 points through 6 fourth quarters in a Finals series suddenly looking like the Second Coming. It just shows that the level of competition right now is at its absolute weakest.

NBASTATMAN
06-20-2016, 09:20 AM
Like a fish out of water these KOBE STANS are pretty much out of air... :roll:

masonanddixon
06-20-2016, 09:25 AM
Like a fish out of water these KOBE STANS are pretty much out of air... :roll:

I'm no Kobe stan.

Spurs m8
06-20-2016, 09:27 AM
I heard Love was huge in the 4th and Irving balled out of his mind all series.

I don't know about you, man, but a league with no post play and no elite big men is pretty depressing. I mean you had a guy who scored 8 points in a Finals game and a total of 10 points through 6 fourth quarters in a Finals series suddenly looking like the Second Coming. It just shows that the level of competition right now is at its absolute weakest.

I get where you're coming from to a degree.

Irving was crazy good, impressive as.

On the plus side of all this - and for you hopefully - this Warriors 'death lineup' has now proven to not work, the hype will wear off a bit now and hopefully we can focus more on big guys again next season....small ball was overrated.

Doesn't help with the weak state of C position at the moment though...

Come jump on the Spurs - LMA, Kawhi, Bobo, Boban, D West, all love to post up!

plowking
06-20-2016, 09:30 AM
Yeah, Love was insane all series long. His 7ppg and 6rpg on 36% shooting helped the Cavs a bunch.

And yeah, basically a Cedric Ceballos level player in place of Bron would have been enough. You know, another guy who can average a 30ppg triple double, while also leading the entire series in every statistical category.

masonanddixon
06-20-2016, 09:34 AM
Yeah, Love was insane all series long. His 7ppg and 6rpg on 36% shooting helped the Cavs a bunch.

And yeah, basically a Cedric Ceballos level player in place of Bron would have been enough. You know, another guy who can average a 30ppg triple double, while also leading the entire series in every statistical category.

Do you not think that lebrons ball dominance played a role in Love's dip in production? The same with Bosh before. He reduces his big men to spot up shooters.

I guarantee you Durant would have produced the same result. Hell, Durant nearly beat GSW with a far less talented squad that what lebron had.

Gileraracer
06-20-2016, 09:35 AM
4 max players, highest payroll in the league. This team was bought, not built

If KD was on the team instead of Lebron, they'd win in 5

masonanddixon
06-20-2016, 09:35 AM
I get where you're coming from to a degree.

Irving was crazy good, impressive as.

On the plus side of all this - and for you hopefully - this Warriors 'death lineup' has now proven to not work, the hype will wear off a bit now and hopefully we can focus more on big guys again next season....small ball was overrated.

Doesn't help with the weak state of C position at the moment though...

Come jump on the Spurs - LMA, Kawhi, Bobo, Boban, D West, all love to post up!

It's just not an enjoyable brand of basketball and none of the current stars are likeable outside of Curry (I don't consider Leonard or Anthony Davis to be superstar level players).

Yeah I don't mind the Spurs except when they play my Mavs

Spurs m8
06-20-2016, 09:38 AM
Steve Adams mate....he's my fave big man in the league...only 22 as well, so plenty of time to develop....showed flashes of brilliance in the playoffs.

Asiantastic
06-20-2016, 09:44 AM
I've never been a fan of LeBron. I'm a Laker fan and have always sided with Kobe on this Kobe/LeBron fan war. But there's no way you can trash LeBron after this past series. I still hate him, but I sure as hell respect him after what he did.

His back was against the ropes, down 3-1, with the whole world saying that he was going to go 2/7, but responds by putting up 2 40 point games and a triple double in game 7.

How can you not respect that?

Let him have this moment and just appreciate what he just did. And just ignore all the retarded stans on this site.

plowking
06-20-2016, 09:44 AM
Do you not think that lebrons ball dominance played a role in Love's dip in production? The same with Bosh before. He reduces his big men to spot up shooters.

I guarantee you Durant would have produced the same result. Hell, Durant nearly beat GSW with a far less talented squad that what lebron had.

Kevin Durant's 42% shooting, and worse 3 point shooting in this series would have been very helpful. Completely agree. And of course he would have won with this Cleveland squad.
Despite having a better team than the Cavs at OKC, he would just simply do better with a worse supporting cast in Cleveland. I completely agree. Like I said, Cedric Ceballos, Latrell Sprewell, Eddie Jones type players would have been able to pull this off.

1-3 down, and winning 3 in a row comebacks are a common occurrence in the NBA finals.

Spurs m8
06-20-2016, 09:47 AM
I've never been a fan of LeBron. I'm a Laker fan and have always sided with Kobe on this Kobe/LeBron fan war. But there's no way you can trash LeBron after this past series. I still hate him, but I sure as hell respect him after what he did.

His back was against the ropes, down 3-1, with the whole world saying that he was going to go 2/7, but responds by putting up 2 40 point games and a triple double in game 7.

Let him have this moment and just appreciate what he just did. And just ignore all the retarded stans on this site.

:cheers:

NBASTATMAN
06-20-2016, 09:55 AM

AGREE... :applause: :rockon:

Gileraracer
06-20-2016, 09:59 AM

ok. persuaded.

Hey Yo
06-20-2016, 10:13 AM
4 max players, highest payroll in the league. This team was bought, not built

If KD was on the team instead of Lebron, they'd win in 5
How's LeBron's ass taste?

:roll:

Gileraracer
06-20-2016, 10:14 AM
How's LeBron's ass taste?

:roll:

It's next to his dick, so you should tell me