PDA

View Full Version : Only way for me to put Duncan in my top 10...

Real14
05-11-2016, 12:53 PM
...is to put a /popovich by his name. Who agrees?

ShawkFactory
05-11-2016, 12:55 PM
No one. Shut up

tamaraw08
05-11-2016, 12:56 PM

I couldn't disagree more.
Stop the myopia, Duncan if anything made Pops a lot better with his consistent scoring, defense, blocks and a great attitude etc.

Real14
05-11-2016, 12:59 PM
I couldn't disagree more.
Stop the myopia, Duncan if anything made Pops a lot better with his consistent scoring, defense, blocks and a great attitude etc.
Everybody know that it's pop's system. Duncan was a nice player at wake forest, but pop made him an NBA great just because of that system (with help from d-rob and elliott).

T_L_P
05-11-2016, 12:59 PM
w/Prime Duncan: 4 rings

Post prime Duncan: 1 ring, with some horrendous exits (destroyed by Suns in 2010, lost to 8th seed in 2011, backdoor swept in 2012, 6 in 2013, outcoached by Glenn last year, and currently down 3-2 to a rookie coach.

If anything this series points to how little coaches actually matter. The 'great' coaches had the great players and won. It's no secret, Charles.

DingDengDong
05-11-2016, 01:01 PM
How are your Knicks and Melo doing?

Real14
05-11-2016, 01:02 PM
How are your Knicks and Melo doing?
Who are you peasant? :biggums:

Real14
05-11-2016, 01:04 PM
w/Prime Duncan: 4 rings

Post prime Duncan: 1 ring, with some horrendous exits (destroyed by Suns in 2010, lost to 8th seed in 2011, backdoor swept in 2012, 6 in 2013, outcoached by Glenn last year, and currently down 3-2 to a rookie coach.

If anything this series points to how little coaches actually matter. The 'great' coaches had the great players and won. It's no secret, Charles.
What yearz did gregg poupon didn't coach for the spurs tho?:confusedshrug:

Klay 3D
05-11-2016, 01:06 PM
I rather put an * by his name stating "Clowned Lebron 2/3 times"

AirBonner
05-11-2016, 01:07 PM
Kobe has 0 rings without Phil Jackson and Michael Jordan has 0 rings without Phil Jackson. Let that sink in.

ShawkFactory
05-11-2016, 01:10 PM
Everybody know that it's pop's system. Duncan was a nice player at wake forest, but pop made him an NBA great just because of that system (with help from d-rob and elliott).
:facepalm

Real14
05-11-2016, 01:12 PM
Kobe has 0 rings without Phil Jackson and Michael Jordan has 0 rings without Phil Jackson. Let that sink in.
Kobe and MJ had different coaches besides Phil. If they had Phil their whole careers like Duncan they would have wayy more rings. Let that shit sink in:coleman:

AirBonner
05-11-2016, 01:16 PM
Kobe and MJ had different coaches besides Phil. If they had Phil their whole careers like Duncan they would have wayy more rings. Let that shit sink in:coleman:
Soooo you want to put the coaches name by every great player? I don't see the point of this. They still have to play the game. Coaches don't play.

SouBeachTalents
05-11-2016, 01:17 PM

Kobe had Phil as coach for 11 damn seasons, almost the entirety of his prime

Real14
05-11-2016, 01:18 PM
Kobe had Phil as coach for 11 damn seasons, almost the entirety of his prime
Duncan had popovich for how many seasons tho?:biggums:

Real14
05-11-2016, 01:20 PM
Soooo you want to put the coaches name by every great player? I don't see the point of this. They still have to play the game. Coaches don't play.
What other great player u know had the same damn coach for their whole career man?

AirBonner
05-11-2016, 01:21 PM
Duncan had popovich for how many seasons tho?:biggums:
Coaches don't play the game tho. You are overvaluing them.

Real14
05-11-2016, 01:26 PM
Coaches don't play the game tho. You are overvaluing them.
Like I said man, pops system and military disciplinary actions on him made him a top 10 player. Since day 1 Duncan to pops was like "yes daddy". You know I'm right :coleman:

AirBonner
05-11-2016, 01:28 PM
Like I said man, pops system and military disciplinary actions on him made him a top 10 player. Since day 1 Duncan to pops was like "yes daddy". You know I'm right :coleman:
every great coach has made an already great player a tiny bit better. no coach has "made" a player.

Real14
05-11-2016, 01:32 PM
every great coach has made an already great player a tiny bit better. no coach has "made" a player.
Every other great coach didn't coach a great player their whole career.

AirBonner
05-11-2016, 01:36 PM
Every other great coach didn't coach a great player their whole career.
Keep pushing your theoretical view. To assume Duncan wouldn't succeed anywhere else is straight up retarded.

Real14
05-11-2016, 01:40 PM
Keep pushing your theoretical view. To assume Duncan wouldn't succeed anywhere else is straight up retarded.
He would be just another Kg, sheed or webber. No more than 2 rings.

AirBonner
05-11-2016, 01:42 PM
He would be just another Kg, sheed or webber. No more than 2 rings.
That is assuming A LOT of things. but carry on.

Bankaii
05-11-2016, 02:20 PM
What other great player u know had the same damn coach for their whole career man?
You do understand that makes your shit argument look even worse right?
Kobe and MJ couldn't win a thing before/after Phil showed up.

livinglegend
05-11-2016, 02:24 PM
OP can't be serious with his arguments in this thread.
If you are... :biggums:

Kblaze8855
05-11-2016, 02:26 PM

Nobody who knows shit about basketball. Which is why you have never heard anyone the least bit involved with the sport say anything like it.

Far as the "system" here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RagMsVeyfLk

Looks suspiciously like giving Duncan the ball and getting the **** out of the way.

Which is exactly what it was for a long long time.

Duncan leading them to this win after they started the season 6-8:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199903020HOU.html

Is the only reason Pop had a job this long. They were going to fire him and bring Doc Rivers from the broadcast team to coach had they lost. And it isnt my opinion:

[QUOTE]In fact, if the Spurs hadn

Spurs5Rings2014
05-11-2016, 02:33 PM
Nobody who knows shit about basketball. Which is why you have never heard anyone the least bit involved with the sport say anything like it.

Looks suspiciously like giving Duncan the ball and getting the **** out of the way.

Is the only reason Pop had a job this long. They were going to fire him and bring Doc Rivers from the broadcast team to coach had they lost. And it isnt my opinion:

Pop wasnt some heavily respected coach for a long time. He left a sub .500 D3 school(he was 76-129) to be an assistant on Larry Browns teams in both college and the NBA....ended up the spurs GM...fired the coach and took over during a tanking season...and almost got fired himself the next season. He rode Duncan isolations and kickouts to 3 rings before they played anything like you probably think they always have.

Right off the bat they were just....giving it to Duncan and getting the **** out of the way to win rings. As a Knicks fan you should remember the 99 finals. Both rosters went cold and Sprewell and Duncan scored like....30 points in a row. End of the last game....Duncan has 4 more points than his 3 best teammates combined.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-BPQ192bPQ

^
That...is not a system. That is giving Tim Duncan the ball and getting the **** out of the way while he scores on double and triple teams. Listen to Doug Collins...the Spurs are just....standing around. He mentions they get themselves in trouble just standing around...and rely on Duncan to cover up their problems. Which is exactly what he did for a long long time.

The Spurs were not known as the most boring team in the NBA because they played beautiful free flowing motion offenses like they do today. They spent damn near 10 years just posting up Duncan and waiting for something good to happen.

By 2005:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKd8cNJEpNc

You can see more movement when he gets it but they still just....get the **** out of the way most of the time.

It was well into his career before they did a lot of beautiful movement and multiple extra passes. It was Duncan and Drob posting up for like...2 years...then just Duncan doing whatever he could for like 5....then him mostly posting up to break runs and provide stability as Manu and Tony started to get the freedom to create. As late as 2007....google the finals. First play of the finals....Duncan gets double(nearly triple) teamed and kicks it out for a jumper. Then he gets it at the foul line. Then in the pick and roll. He and tony just doing whatever they have to to carry a team that didnt have much offense.

Talking about its the ****ing system.

Tim Duncan was the system. Once he stopped being the system...they didnt win for 7 years. In truth the Spurs beautiful system has not had nearly the success they had when he had old gritty role players giving him the ball and half the court to decide what to do with it.

Not that I think you care about basketball when deciding your basketball related opinions in the first place.....

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

THREAD OVER.

AirBonner
05-11-2016, 02:35 PM

Pop wasnt some heavily respected coach for a long time. He left a sub .500 D3 school(he was 76-129) to be an assistant on Larry Browns teams in both college and the NBA....ended up the spurs GM...fired the coach and took over during a tanking season...and almost got fired himself the next season. He rode Duncan isolations and kickouts to 3 rings before they played anything like you probably think they always have.

Right off the bat they were just....giving it to Duncan and getting the **** out of the way to win rings. As a Knicks fan you should remember the 99 finals. Both rosters went cold and Sprewell and Duncan scored like....30 points in a row. End of the last game....Duncan has 4 more points than his 3 best teammates combined.

^
That...is not a system. That is giving Tim Duncan the ball and getting the **** out of the way while he scores on double and triple teams. Listen to Doug Collins...the Spurs are just....standing around. He mentions they get themselves in trouble just standing around...and rely on Duncan to cover up their problems. Which is exactly what he did for a long long time.

The Spurs were not known as the most boring team in the NBA because they played beautiful free flowing motion offenses like they do today. They spent damn near 10 years just posting up Duncan and waiting for something good to happen.

By 2005:

You can see more movement when he gets it but they still just....get the **** out of the way most of the time.

It was well into his career before they did a lot of beautiful movement and multiple extra passes. It was Duncan and Drob posting up for like...2 years...then just Duncan doing whatever he could for like 5....then him mostly posting up to break runs and provide stability as Manu and Tony started to get the freedom to create. As late as 2007....google the finals. First play of the finals....Duncan gets double(nearly triple) teamed and kicks it out for a jumper. Then he gets it at the foul line. Then in the pick and roll. He and tony just doing whatever they have to to carry a team that didnt have much offense.

Tim Duncan was the system. Once he stopped being the system...they didnt win for 7 years. In truth the Spurs beautiful system has not had nearly the success they had when he had old gritty role players giving him the ball and half the court to decide what to do with it.

Not that I think you care about basketball when deciding your basketball related opinions in the first place.....
This is very well written and true :cheers: This thread honestly doesn't deserve a response such as this lol

RoseCity07
05-11-2016, 02:52 PM
Only way I'll ever believe you've done @nal is if they write /*boyfriends name* after your name.

Real14
05-11-2016, 03:13 PM
Kblaze having a meltdown:oldlol: Nobody has yet told me what Duncans career would be like without pop. Malik rose and avery Johnson said that shit right before they won a ring too. Popovich wasn't in his true prime yet and throughout Duncan's career he always sonned and disciplined him. Duncan became great because of Gregg's authority and leadership. D.robinson helped mold duncan into a great too. Who else pop brung over? Yeah that parker, ginnobli and leonard. Not to mention savy vets like Brent barry, finley, kerr, horry and Steve damn Smith over the years. Popovich showed them the right way, plus Duncan knew if he phucked up then pop would get all in his ass. Popovich Is the real mvp.

Kblaze8855
05-11-2016, 03:26 PM
You dont know shit about basketball....you dont know shit about any of the names youre typing...im not sure you even watched the league during the time in question.... and you are probably among the 8-10 worst posters ive seen in 15 years. Mostly because you are clearly not a troll...you are just an idiot. And ignorant. They arent the same thing. You are on a hall of fame level ignorance wise and at least an all star idiocy wise wise. Its a terrible combination. The ignorance is the worst part really. You clearly dont know shit....and dont want to learn....but insist on having strong opinions.

If humanity had to rely on dudes like you we would still be working on the wheel.

Cant even come up with your own insults. Melting down? Really? Because I take the time to explain why you are wrong instead of just saying so. Wanna tell me haters gonna hate? How about you win....again? Throw me an emoticon while you make no point?

If people like you didnt have people like me to keep society going the right direction America would be Haiti by now.

Real14
05-11-2016, 03:32 PM
Kblaze, you know I have nothing but love for you as a great mod and poster. I just want a simple question to be answered and nobody obviously have an answer for it.I have watched the NBA for over 20 years and definitely know the players that I'm talking about to be truthful. No hard feelings man.

DingDengDong
05-11-2016, 04:22 PM
So you admit they are products of Phil.

ArbitraryWater
05-11-2016, 04:58 PM
Pop ran a VANILLA offense bruh.. shit was really vanilla-y, Duncan carried it.

ArbitraryWater
05-11-2016, 04:59 PM
You dont know shit about basketball....you dont know shit about any of the names youre typing...im not sure you even watched the league during the time in question.... and you are probably among the 8-10 worst posters ive seen in 15 years. Mostly because you are clearly not a troll...you are just an idiot. And ignorant. They arent the same thing. You are on a hall of fame level ignorance wise and at least an all star idiocy wise wise. Its a terrible combination. The ignorance is the worst part really. You clearly dont know shit....and dont want to learn....but insist on having strong opinions.

If humanity had to rely on dudes like you we would still be working on the wheel.

Cant even come up with your own insults. Melting down? Really? Because I take the time to explain why you are wrong instead of just saying so. Wanna tell me haters gonna hate? How about you win....again? Throw me an emoticon while you make no point?

If people like you didnt have people like me to keep society going the right direction America would be Haiti by now.

Damn.

Real14
05-11-2016, 05:06 PM
Pop ran a VANILLA offense bruh.. shit was really vanilla-y, Duncan carried it.
:coleman:

Smoke117
05-11-2016, 05:30 PM

Wrecked.

GrapeApe
05-11-2016, 06:03 PM
Duncan was the best player in the country as a senior in college, the #1 pick in the draft, and instantly helped turn a lottery team into a contender. He was an elite NBA player the minute he stepped on an NBA court. He's one of the most skilled big men ever. What exactly had Pop done before Duncan? The early Duncan Spurs were NOTHING like the current Spurs. GTFOH with that "Pop system" nonsense. Duncan WAS the system.

gcvbcat
05-11-2016, 10:20 PM
tim popovich.

Lebron23
05-11-2016, 10:27 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEduXt4CHbMMFkPQI/giphy.gif

Springsteen
05-11-2016, 10:49 PM
Hey kids, want to make a thread like your favorite poster Real14? Just throw these 4 titles into a randomizer! :

- Why tha Knickz are going to finally be good this year
- Reasons why I love 2 root forKobe (because I need to root for somebody since - my team is always irrelevant)
- Why tim dunncan is NOT a all time player
- Lebronna sux

Once you gotten your thread title, don't worry about posting something in it. Just type the most retarded, unintelligent basketball opinions you can think of, and you've got a thread worthy of the real deal!

Real14
05-11-2016, 11:24 PM
Hey kids, want to make a thread like your favorite poster Real14? Just throw these 4 titles into a randomizer! :

- Why tha Knickz are going to finally be good this year
- Reasons why I love 2 root forKobe (because I need to root for somebody since - my team is always irrelevant)
- Why tim dunncan is NOT a all time player
- Lebronna sux

Once you gotten your thread title, don't worry about posting something in it. Just type the most retarded, unintelligent basketball opinions you can think of, and you've got a thread worthy of the real deal!
You the one that's retarded. Yall just mad cuz I made my points and nobody has answered me correctly.

Real14
05-11-2016, 11:26 PM
tim popovich.
Sounds great to me:applause:

Baller1986
05-11-2016, 11:29 PM
You the one that's retarded. Yall just mad cuz I made my points and nobody has answered me correctly.

You're retarded.

Real14
05-11-2016, 11:33 PM
You're retarded.
Which alt are u?:biggums:

aj1987
05-11-2016, 11:37 PM
STFU, Cecil. The only point you've made is that you're a retarded little turd.

Real14
05-11-2016, 11:43 PM
STFU, Cecil. The only point you've made is that you're a retarded little turd.
Get off my nut sack, and stop hating like the rest of these kids on here. How would K.G, sheed, or webber fair in pop's system? He wouldn't win 5 rings at least with them? Come on. Duncan was the best in the country before he was drafted but he needed pop to win rings. I don't see Duncan winning rings with other coaches like that. Shaq didn't even get 5 rings and he was one of the most dominant ever.

Spurs5Rings2014
05-11-2016, 11:43 PM

http://www.thecoli.com/media/mankind-mjcry.4380/full

Smook A.
05-11-2016, 11:46 PM
Might as well put a /Jackson next to Mike and Kobe then :roll:

Quit being stupid.

Real14
05-11-2016, 11:49 PM
Might as well put a /Jackson next to Mike and Kobe then :roll:

Quit being stupid.
Are u stupid?? I been said imagine how many rings would kobe or Jordan have if they played with Phil their whole career.

Smook A.
05-11-2016, 11:52 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/oZYBdbW7TnhEQ/giphy.gif

Smook A.
05-12-2016, 12:00 AM
Are u stupid?? I been said imagine how many rings would kobe or Jordan have if they played with Phil their whole career.
The question is are YOU stupid? Actually that isn't a question since the answer is pretty friggin obvious. The point I was making was just because a player had a great coach, doesn't mean their all-time ranking should be underestimated. How the hell are you gonna have Tim Duncan, the greatest power foward to every play the game, outside of your top 10 just because his coach was Gregg ****ing Popovich??

Sure Popovich helped Duncan alot in his career, but Duncan did his job and made Pop look better too. Timmy's talent was always there. Now put the talent in a PERFECT situation. That's what it was with Tim/Pop.

Smook A.
05-12-2016, 12:03 AM
You know what, I think you're still butthurt about the 99 finals. Maybe that's another reason why you don't have Duncan in your top 10. And not only that, but you have Ewing over Hakeem probably because of the 94 finals too.

Real14
05-12-2016, 12:12 AM
The question is are YOU stupid? Actually that isn't a question since the answer is pretty friggin obvious. The point I was making was just because a player had a great coach, doesn't mean their all-time ranking should be underestimated. How the hell are you gonna have Tim Duncan, the greatest power foward to every play the game, outside of your top 10 just because his coach was Gregg ****ing Popovich??

Sure Popovich helped Duncan alot in his career, but Duncan did his job and made Pop look better too. Timmy's talent was always there. Now put the talent in a PERFECT situation. That's what it was with Tim/Pop.

I said I would put him in my top 10 but I would have to name it duncan/popovich. If that was any other great who played with the same damn coach their whole career then I would do the same (even kobe or mj). Popovich was the perfect coach for duncan cuz he was military minded and would kick his ass when needed. Duncan excelled cuz pop was like a real father figure to him and duncan has a baby soft personality. Duncan is a yes man and pop reeled him in since day one. You see the same with Parker and ginobli too, they bought into pops teachings. Without Pops, Duncan would still be at least a top 20 player with 2 or less rings. Duncan is a great player, but Pops made him amazing.

Smook A.
05-12-2016, 12:20 AM
I said I would put him in my top 10 but I would have to name it duncan/popovich. If that was any other great who played with the same damn coach their whole career then I would do the same (even kobe or mj). Popovich was the perfect coach for duncan cuz he was military minded and would kick his ass when needed. Duncan excelled cuz pop was like a real father figure to him and duncan has a baby soft personality. Duncan is a yes man and pop reeled him in since day one. You see the same with Parker and ginobli too, they bought into pops teachings. Without Pops, Duncan would still be at least a top 20 player with 2 or less rings. Duncan is a great player, but Pops made him amazing.
You could say the same for Popovich

"Popovich is a great coach, but Duncan made him (more) amazing"

soots
05-12-2016, 12:25 AM
So if Duncan chucked a hissy fit and got Pop fired you would put him at number 1 then?

Duncan is doomed in your list.

Duncan is probably one of maybe 3 players in history that could win in different situations and has done so.

99 Twin towers
2003 Solo Effort
2005/7 Big 3
2014 Teamball

And if you watched every one of those championship Spurs seasons. Tim Duncan was the best player in the playoffs including 2007 and EVEN 2014.

MJ got it done with 1 cast with Pippen.
Kobe had Shaq and the Bynum/Gasol Towers.
LBJ had the voltron team.

Now Tim has totally regressed in 2016 and Spurs have no go to guy in the 4th and no defensive pillar and you watch the most star studded Spurs lineup in the Duncan era getting beaten by a rookie coach.

There is no argument Tim couldnt win elsewhere.

tamaraw08
05-12-2016, 12:43 AM

Pop's system? you want to know what's Pop's record BEFORE Duncan arrived?
17 wins and 47 losses.:facepalm
And he had good players like Dominique Wilkins averaging 18pts/game, decent players like Avery, Monty Williams, Del Negro etc.
Why can't Pop's system make Carl Herrera play like Tim Duncan?:confusedshrug:
And please don't tell me they were crap before Pop's arrived bec Bob Hill took that team WITHOUT Duncan to the Western Finals 2 years before and won 59 games the next season.

Real14
05-12-2016, 12:49 AM
Pop's system? you want to know what's Pop's record BEFORE Duncan arrived?
17 wins and 47 losses.:facepalm
And he had good players like Dominique Wilkins averaging 18pts/game, decent players like Avery, Monty Williams, Del Negro etc.
Why can't Pop's system make Carl Herrera play like Tim Duncan?:confusedshrug:
And please don't tell me they were crap before Pop's arrived bec Bob Hill took that team WITHOUT Duncan to the Western Finals 2 years before and won 59 games the next season.
Dominique Wilkins was at the end of his career man plus pop wasn't in his prime yet.

ninephive
05-12-2016, 08:49 AM
Kblaze having a meltdown:oldlol: Nobody has yet told me what Duncans career would be like without pop. Malik rose and avery Johnson said that shit right before they won a ring too. Popovich wasn't in his true prime yet and throughout Duncan's career he always sonned and disciplined him. Duncan became great because of Gregg's authority and leadership. D.robinson helped mold duncan into a great too. Who else pop brung over? Yeah that parker, ginnobli and leonard. Not to mention savy vets like Brent barry, finley, kerr, horry and Steve damn Smith over the years. Popovich showed them the right way, plus Duncan knew if he phucked up then pop would get all in his ass. Popovich Is the real mvp.
Ish...where the only response to getting destroyed in your thread by actual facts is "meltdown"

Nilocon165
05-12-2016, 08:52 AM
God you're so ****ing retarded

aj1987
05-12-2016, 09:08 AM
Dominique Wilkins was at the end of his career man plus pop wasn't in his prime yet.
Holy shit! Please take my advice and go play in high speed traffic.

Real14
05-12-2016, 09:31 AM
God you're so ****ing retarded
You mad cuz u have no REAL answer for my question :oldlol:

ShawkFactory
05-12-2016, 09:43 AM
You mad cuz u have no REAL answer for my question :oldlol:
All of your "points" were viscously refuted and your entire thread was shut the fvck down by K Blaze. Stop.

Overdrive
05-12-2016, 09:59 AM

Better fact: Melo has 0 rings, coach doesn't matter. :lol

Better fact part 2: Not only Jordan & Kobe have 0 rings without Phil Jackson, the Knicks are also part of that club.

Real14
05-12-2016, 10:32 AM
Better fact: Melo has 0 rings, coach doesn't matter. :lol

Better fact part 2: Not only Jordan & Kobe have 0 rings without Phil Jackson, the Knicks are also part of that club.
Like I told all of the hating ass people on here...What if MJ and kobe had Phil Jackson their whole career? How many rings would they have? Nobody has the phuckin! Balls!! To answer that shit!!! I wonder why. Checkmate.

ShawkFactory
05-12-2016, 10:43 AM
Like I told all of the hating ass people on here...What if MJ and kobe had Phil Jackson their whole career? How many rings would they have? Nobody has the phuckin! Balls!! To answer that shit!!! I wonder why. Checkmate.
6 for Jordan and 5 for Kobe

rmt
05-12-2016, 11:31 AM
OP, please explain why with the most talented roster the Spurs have ever had, they are down 2-3 to OKC? Do you even consider that it is BECAUSE Duncan has been playing so poorly that they are down - that they miss his passing, defense, (what little) scoring? If it's all because of Pop's system, why are they down? Why didn't Pop call time out when they were down by 1 and set up a play for Leonard (knowing that Parker wouldn't be able to resist his hero ball).

I won't even comment on your statement that Duncan is not top 10. His career speaks for itself.

SsKSpurs21
05-12-2016, 11:44 AM

^

By 2005:

long time spurs fans have known one play and one play only.. "4 down" which basically means "give if to Duncan and get the **** out of the way".

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/367303/5-30-2010_12-03-11_AM.jpg

PP34Deuce
05-12-2016, 12:31 PM
the crazy thing is Tim Duncan at 23 looks exactly the same at 40.

Cold soul
05-12-2016, 12:38 PM
the crazy thing is Tim Duncan at 23 looks exactly the same at 40.

No not really he looks way older now.

Stringer Bell
05-12-2016, 02:00 PM
Good, informative post.

Nice to see actual basketball discussion instead of the usual "meltdown", "2/6", "12th all-time", "1-9", "alpha/beta" junk

^

By 2005:

Cold soul
05-12-2016, 02:40 PM
Duncan is one of greatest winners in NBA history the Bill Russell affect.

AirFederer
05-12-2016, 03:36 PM

https://youtu.be/SX7KsU9MwEo?t=4m10s
:lol

tamaraw08
05-12-2016, 04:08 PM

End of Wilkins career and yet he gave Pops 18 pts /game, who many oldies can do that?

Anyway, lets stick to the facts. http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/03/12/pops-lesson-to-thibs-coach-healthy-stars/
[QUOTE]Wait, there

ninephive
05-12-2016, 04:27 PM
OP, please explain why with the most talented roster the Spurs have ever had, they are down 2-3 to OKC? Do you even consider that it is BECAUSE Duncan has been playing so poorly that they are down - that they miss his passing, defense, (what little) scoring? If it's all because of Pop's system, why are they down? Why didn't Pop call time out when they were down by 1 and set up a play for Leonard (knowing that Parker wouldn't be able to resist his hero ball).

I won't even comment on your statement that Duncan is not top 10. His career speaks for itself.
Parker passed the ball to Aldridge, who was supposed to get it to Kawhi. Kawhi couldn't get free from Westbrook so Aldridge passed it back to Parker. Did you watch the play?