PDA

View Full Version : Spurs might be done for this year

Haymaker
05-11-2016, 08:20 AM
But I like what I see from kawhi and Aldridge. They're both part of a potential championship core. Spurs need to clean up and dismiss their aging pieces as quick as they can and infuse their roster with youth. They're having problems with OKC's athleticism, the Warriors would just toy with them. If they can snatch a prime FA this summer, good. If not, it's a long road for them because with both Kawhi and Aldridge, they won't sniff the lottery in 5 to 8 years.

bobopenguin
05-11-2016, 08:21 AM
might be? they are done right now. :lol

release kwahi to lakers. thank you.

Haymaker
05-11-2016, 08:23 AM
might be? they are done right now. :lol

release kwahi to lakers. thank you.

No matter how much you'd like to have Kawhi, he's not a Superstar. He can't bring it up another notch offensively. He's perfect to pair with a Superstar though.

SilkkTheShocker
05-11-2016, 08:24 AM
Leonard is one of the best players in the league. But Aldridge isn't someone any team should be relying on if they want to win titles.

Haymaker
05-11-2016, 08:28 AM
Leonard is one of the best players in the league. But Aldridge isn't someone any team should be relying on if they want to win titles.

Not as a first option though. That's why they need that third piece who should be Parker right now, but age is a cruel bastard and he just can't get it done anymore.

keep-itreal
05-11-2016, 08:35 AM
Duncan and Manu retiring will only do good for Leonard's future

Their almost 40 and the team is still relying on them during big games. You can't win that way.

This will force Leonard to be a playmaker since Manu is gone and it will force them to find younger players instead of playing a bunch old ass veterans who struggles against athletic teams like OKC

oh and trade Parker

diamenz
05-11-2016, 08:54 AM
leonard parker and green are the only ones playing like they want it. spurs as a unit look flat as *** out there.

Paul George 24
05-11-2016, 08:55 AM
Duncan and Manu retiring will only do good for Leonard's future

Their almost 40 and the team is still relying on them during big games. You can't win that way.

This will force Leonard to be a playmaker since Manu is gone and it will force them to find younger players instead of playing a bunch old ass veterans who struggles against athletic teams like OKC

oh and trade Parker
PARKER IS A CANCER

Haymaker
05-11-2016, 08:57 AM
leonard parker and green are the only ones playing like they want it. spurs as a unit look flat as *** out there.

Parker has been serviceable at best. Not his fault though, he just don't have the legs to do it at the elite level anymore.

r15mohd
05-11-2016, 09:35 AM
they should find a way to snatch Conley - that would make the new generation Spurs team just as good as the prime Duncan squad.

Aldridge
Diaw/West
Kawhi
Green
Conley

Haymaker
05-11-2016, 09:54 AM
they should find a way to snatch Conley - that would make the new generation Spurs team just as good as the prime Duncan squad.

Aldridge
Diaw/West
Kawhi
Green
Conley

Oh yes sir. :applause:

bigkingsfan
05-11-2016, 09:59 AM
Aldridge
Diaw/West

That paint protection. BOHECA :oldlol:

r15mohd
05-11-2016, 10:11 AM
That paint protection. BOHECA :oldlol:

lol...definitely the downfall, but i'm sure there are reserves/replacements that can be had to assist. key is to get an agile stretch 4 or 5 alongside LMA, and run with that.

a conley pickup would be pretty nice to see tho for the Spurs - i hope de doesnt re-up with the grizzlies, they're pretty much done for.

Spurs5Rings2014
05-11-2016, 10:22 AM
Durant is coming next season after we eliminate them in the play offs. We will be good to go.

:rockon:

RoseCity07
05-11-2016, 10:25 AM
Spurs are won of the most stacked teams in NBA history. Pop's legacy is one the line. It would be a complete humiliation if the Spurs lose. The Pop mystic goes out the window if they lose the game 6 or 7.

brooks_thompson
05-11-2016, 10:25 AM

Aldridge
Diaw/West
Kawhi
Green
Conley

I've been wanting that to happen, and I'm a Grizz fan. Conley is my favorite player of all time

Spurs5Rings2014
05-11-2016, 10:29 AM
Spurs are won of the most stacked teams in NBA history. Pop's legacy is one the line. It would be a complete humiliation if the Spurs lose. The Pop mystic goes out the window if they lose the game 6 or 7.

GS, OKC and CL are far more STACKED than us.

:oldlol:

feyki
05-11-2016, 10:31 AM
Yep , Gino-Parker-Diaw-Duncan are trash now . Seems no chances for beat the OKC .

Haymaker
05-11-2016, 10:50 AM

Cavs? Sure. OKC/Warriors are not stacked: Their stars were drafted by the team.

RoseCity07
05-11-2016, 10:54 AM
:rolleyes:

I just realized I spelled "won" instead of "one". That's because Spurs are so stacked my brain associates the word win with a team that stacked. Even my subconscious knows your team is stacked.

Haymaker
lol...definitely the downfall, but i'm sure there are reserves/replacements that can be had to assist. key is to get an agile stretch 4 or 5 alongside LMA, and run with that.

I was thinking about John Henson. Maybe down the road since he signed an extension. Larry Sanders if he decides to come back would be good to me.

ArbitraryWater

so?

Spurs5Rings2014
05-11-2016, 11:01 AM
so?

Indeed. They are still STACKED, doesn't matter if they drafted some of the players. Iggy (all-star, 6moy, fmvp, etc), Bogut (one of best defender in league), etc weren't drafted by them, btw.

WayOfWad3
05-11-2016, 12:12 PM
If this statement had any truth to it, Pop's legacy should've already been tarnished back in 2011, but it wasn't

r0drig0lac
05-11-2016, 12:33 PM
gsw is the most stacked team of all time in relation to its own season (along with Russell Celtics), congrats for them, but it is what it is

Team_Chemistry
05-11-2016, 01:32 PM
They may. %40 chances of surviving this.

Not even close to impossible, but not even close to a walk in the park either :rolleyes:

Spurs5Rings2014
05-11-2016, 01:57 PM
They may. %40 chances of surviving this.

Not even close to impossible, but not even close to a walk in the park :rolleyes:

We'll get it done. Just you wait.

PP34Deuce
05-11-2016, 02:05 PM
I agree with others that Mike Conley would make them even better. I still believe Tony Parker would be a very good 6th man so I don't see him going anywhere outside of SA.

They need a good shooter backup 2 guard or swingman that can take advantages of match ups. Aaron Afflalo would look real good in their system.

WallIn
05-11-2016, 02:50 PM
Spurs are not done, Tim Duncan is though.

Haymaker
05-11-2016, 03:11 PM
I agree with others that Mike Conley would make them even better. I still believe Tony Parker would be a very good 6th man so I don't see him going anywhere outside of SA.

They need a good shooter backup 2 guard or swingman that can take advantages of match ups. Aaron Afflalo would look real good in their system.

Good choice. I was thinking Will Barton but he might end up taking Green's spot, which would be fine too.

fragokota
05-11-2016, 03:18 PM

Aldridge
Diaw/West
Kawhi
Green
Conley

Yeah Conley should definitely be a target for the Spurs. He fits their style perfectly & the defense on the perimeter with Conley, Green, Kawhi will be epic. Gotta find a rim protector and they can absolutely get back to winning rings asap.

Haymaker
05-11-2016, 03:23 PM
Yeah Conley should definitely be a target for the Spurs. He fits their style perfectly & the defense on the perimeter with Conley, Green, Kawhi will be epic. Gotta find a rim protector and they can absolutely get back to winning rings asap.

:applause:

r15mohd
05-11-2016, 03:30 PM
:applause:

hows the blood between the Spurs and Grizz series - any reason their past matchups would have Conley not even considering the Spurs? :confusedshrug:

i dont recall anything significant, but you never know

Young X
05-11-2016, 03:32 PM
It's not over yet and I still have enough confidence in the Spurs that they can win the next 2 games but if they lose this series it's very bad.

It's not like the Clippers loss last year where they were on the same level.

This year they were hyped up by everybody (myself included) as a special team that could seriously challenge and maybe beat the Warriors.

The WCF was seen as a forgone conclusion between the two. I don't care what kind of revisionist history people might try to use. That's what was repeated throughout the entire season.

They had a historic season winning 67 games and one of the best point differentials in NBA history. Statistically they are one of the GOAT teams.

To lose to this Thunder team, a team that won 12 less games than them is a big underachievement.

BUT we all know if it does happen the Spurs won't get any real criticism for it.

Haymaker
05-11-2016, 04:18 PM
hows the blood between the Spurs and Grizz series - any reason their past matchups would have Conley not even considering the Spurs? :confusedshrug:

i dont recall anything significant, but you never know

It has mellowed out a lot. To the point that the Grizzlies were on the court congratulating the Spurs after the sweep. Conley was even joking with Popovich a couple of times. Marc Gasol even suggested that Pau might/should sign with the Spurs. There's nothing but respect between those teams.

Haymaker
05-11-2016, 04:21 PM
It's not over yet and I still have enough confidence in the Spurs that they can win the next 2 games but if they lose this series it's very bad.

This year they were hyped up by everybody (myself included) as a special team that could seriously challenge and maybe beat the Warriors.

The WCF was seen as a forgone conclusion between the two. I don't care what kind of revisionist history people might try to use. That's what was repeated throughout the entire season.

They had a historic season winning 67 games and one of the best point differentials in NBA history. Statistically they are one of the GOAT teams.

To lose to this Thunder team, a team that won 12 less games than them is a big underachievement.

BUT we all know if it does happen the Spurs won't get any real criticism for it.

I wouldn't consider losing to a 55 win team an upset. Yes, the Spurs have been hyped to death and for a reason, they are arguably the second best team in the league but OKC is not an 8th seed or anything.

r15mohd
05-11-2016, 04:22 PM
It has mellowed out a lot. To the point that the Grizzlies were on the court congratulating the Spurs after the sweep. Conley was even joking with Popovich a couple of times. Marc Gasol even suggested that Pau might/should sign with the Spurs. There's nothing but respect between those teams.

seems like a match made in heaven if the Spurs lose this series or to GSW - pick your poison, win a title this year or possibly have a Conley/Kawhi/LMA trio for the next 5-6yrs :D

r15mohd
05-11-2016, 04:24 PM

OKC had a few hurdles in the road and why they're a 55 win team - they are legit 60win squad, there's no denying that. and looks as if they might have caught that steamrolling play at the right time

great for basektball and their fans! :cheers: