PDA

View Full Version : There was a time when...

Klay 3D
05-06-2016, 10:41 AM
all these guards played against each other basically in their primes.

Allen Iverson - Went 10 straight years averaging 29ppg with 6 dimes
Kobe Bryant - Dropped 81 and the Black Mamba. Enough said.
Tracy McGrady - Came from the same circle as Kobe. Yin to Kobe's Yang
Vince Carter - 24/6/4 in his FIRST 10 years. Best dunker ever
Ray Allen - Best 3pt shooter before Curry came along
Dwyane Wade - Best shot blocking guard and slasher since Jordan

All of them averaged over 26ppg at least once. What a time to have been a witness of the best-shooting-guard-decade of all-time.
Honorable mention: Manu Ginobili and Paul Pierce (if you include him as a SG)

Now we have Harden, Klay, Butler, Derozan, Beal, Oladipo, and McCollum. :mad: :rant
Someone better take it to the next level. I can't stand Haren being considered as the best 2-guard.

feyki
05-06-2016, 10:44 AM
Vince could be most aesthetic player ever .

NBAGOAT
05-06-2016, 10:46 AM
and now we're in the best pg era of all time and the 90's was the best center era of all time. Every era has its strengths.

ScalsFan21
05-06-2016, 10:56 AM

I think so. His Nets years were so fun to watch night in and night out, and that wasn't even his athletic peak. His entire game was so great to watch offensively. Unlimited (if somewhat inconsistent) range, some of the most athletic layups ever, a circus-shot god, and of course the historic dunking both in-game and otherwise.

His career leaves a lot to be desired in terms of the things some of us feel like he COULD have accomplished, but Vince was one of the most exciting players of all-time, no doubt about it. One of few guys who was pretty much a nightly lock to give fans their money's worth, and I'll always be a fan of his.

Draz
:cheers: Needs more praise

Klay 3D
and now we're in the best pg era of all time and the 90's was the best center era of all time. Every era has its strengths.
Kidd, Nash, CP3, D-Will, Parker, Marbury, Arenas, Baron, Billups, Cassell, etc.

00s are definitely comparable to the 10s in terms of point guards.

NBAGOAT
05-06-2016, 11:01 AM
lot of those guys didn't play in their primes at the same time however like the sg's you mentioned(kidd/nash and cp3/deron for example) unlike the pg's now. Just this year you have curry, westbrook, paul, lillard, kyrie, wall etc. A whole bunch of other pretty good pg's too.

hold this L
05-06-2016, 11:14 AM
We have an amazing set of guards right now, with one of them being better than every single one you listed. Hell is this is the era of guards more than anything, completely stacked. :pimp:

Steven Kerry
05-06-2016, 11:21 AM
Easily the worst SG era.

sd3035
05-06-2016, 11:23 AM
We have some exciting players now

Curry, Kyrie, Durant, Westbrook

sd3035
05-06-2016, 11:27 AM

definitely one of them, I'd pick Curry over him though

Vince's dunks were by far the most aesthetic ever, but Zach Lavine has emerged as a contender :applause:

feyki
05-06-2016, 11:44 AM
definitely one of them, I'd pick Curry over him though

Vince's dunks were by far the most aesthetic ever, but Zach Lavine has emerged as a contender :applause:

Not just dunks . His smooth playing was ( even is ) art . He was dream shake of guards .

DCL
05-06-2016, 11:45 AM
high scoring point guards have taken over