View Full Version : Reminder: Kobe Bryant dropped 60, then retired

SpaceJam
04-26-2016, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the reminder Jeff :bowdown: :bowdown:

https://twitter.com/InsideHoops/status/725045063135428608

MAMBA.

Mr. Jabbar
04-26-2016, 05:10 PM
What a scorer, what a career, what a top 5, WHAT A TIME!

Mamba out.

Optimus Prime
04-26-2016, 05:12 PM
60 points on 50 shots. Totally a Kobe Hollywood ending.

Mamba OUT.

:bowdown:

:kobe:

insidehoops
04-26-2016, 05:47 PM
:lebronamazed:

Cold soul
04-26-2016, 07:58 PM
Did Kobe score most points in NBA this year? If so that is insane for player in his 20th season that is done athletically and way way past his prime.

Nick Young
04-26-2016, 08:00 PM
GOAT final game-in the history of any sport.

kurple
04-26-2016, 08:00 PM
GOAT final game-in the history of any sport.
Manning or Elway superbowl?

raprap
04-26-2016, 08:02 PM
Exhibition game :oldlol:

L8krH8tr
04-26-2016, 08:03 PM
reminder the Lakers are a fuccing joke that are done for. No more fake bought championships.

KiiiiNG
You can't come up with any new material?

SouBeachTalents

Lol at Manning, dude didn't do anything in that game

scuzzy
04-26-2016, 08:25 PM
ah yes

If only they bird fed Manning 50 passing plays in the Superbowl :eek:

Not the last meaningless game, against a non playoff team, of the worst season in Denver franchise history :lol

Cold soul
04-26-2016, 08:26 PM

Lol I'm Broncos fan Peyton was average at best against Carolina he did nothing great in that game other than manage the game and limit turnovers stop overrating that performance. Elway well that's different matter he actually played very well in Super Bowl against Falcons and deserved Super Bowl MVP. Kobe game was memorable likely never to happen again in NBA it wasn't most important game obviously however that performance was one for the ages.

stalkerforlife
04-26-2016, 08:27 PM
Best last game of all time.

Made me cry.

Cold soul
04-26-2016, 08:31 PM
Best last game of all time.

Made me cry.

I was jumping up and down in excitement was shocked couldn't believe that shit just happened had to watch it again make sure it was real. I couldn't sleep at all that night.

G-train
04-26-2016, 08:44 PM
Did Kobe score most points in NBA this year? If so that is insane for player in his 20th season that is done athletically and way way past his prime.

It's not really insane to score 60 when you are still a solid scorer and take 50 shots.
I'm just glad his victory parade is finally over.
Hopefully for Lakers fans they will have more of a team environment next season.

G-train
04-26-2016, 08:45 PM
I couldn't sleep at all that night.

Not sure if serious.

34-24 Footwork
04-26-2016, 08:47 PM
I was jumping up and down in excitement was shocked couldn't believe that shit just happened had to watch it again make sure it was real. I couldn't sleep at all that night.

I woke up KNOWING that last night was a dream. You can't make up shit like that. Never seen an athlete go out the same way her came in...

G-train
04-26-2016, 08:49 PM
I woke up KNOWING that last night was a dream. You can't make up shit like that. Never seen an athlete go out the same way her came in...

He came in with zero points in 6 minutes. Probably how he should have gone out last season.

scuzzy
04-26-2016, 08:49 PM

Like coming into the league riding the bench the first two seasons and finishing your career by leading your team to the worst record in franchize history while shooting 35%fg?

FVCKING EPIC! :lol

Cold soul
04-26-2016, 10:10 PM
It's not really insane to score 60 when you are still a solid scorer and take 50 shots.
Hopefully for Lakers fans they will have more of a team environment next season.

Kobe made 23/50 which is 46% from the field around his career FG% average, he missed his first five shots to start the game. Your wrong it is insane to score 60 points at age 37 with all wear and tear on your body on top of all mileage logged. Kobe was close being done as player in NBA as you could possible be barely any athleticism left but still amazed us one last time his last game was legendary anyone downplaying it is an idiot.

scuzzy
04-26-2016, 10:42 PM
Kobe made 23/50 which is 46% from the field around his career FG% average, he missed his first five shots to start the game. Your wrong it is insane to score 60 points at age 37 with all wear and tear on your body on top of all mileage logged. Kobe was close being done as player in NBA as you could possible be barely any athleticism left but still amazed us one last time his last game was legendary anyone downplaying it is an idiot.

It wasn't legendary and that's the point, dumbing down the reality to dillusionals isn't defined as downplaying

The game was meaningless for both teams. FACT

Noone played hard. FACT

It looked like an all-star game. FACT

Kobe was bird fed the ball all game. FACT

Defenders gave Kobe ZERO effort. FACT

They played him the entire game. FACT

Kobe went to the line 6 times, so in reality he tried shooting 55 times. FACT

Not a god damn person has lost sleep over this game, it was a circus and Kobe was the clown.

Go watch Jordan's last shot at 37 if you want to pop a teepee in your pants

Im Still Ballin
04-26-2016, 10:43 PM
scuzz-dog

how much for the moonshoes

KingPush
04-26-2016, 10:43 PM
Tbh i feel like everyone forgot about it already lol

scuzzy
04-26-2016, 10:46 PM
scuzz-dog

how much for the moonshoes

Just re-upped on them NBA Jam edition "Fairwell" Majerles

(leg sleeve included)

http://data.whicdn.com/images/55942747/large.jpg

Im Still Ballin
04-26-2016, 10:58 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Cold soul
04-26-2016, 11:00 PM
It wasn't legendary and that's the point, dumbing down the reality to dillusionals isn't defined as downplaying

Noone played hard. FACT

Not a god damn person has lost sleep over this game, it was a circus and Kobe was the clown.

Great to see more trolls have signed up on ISH sure makes this place so much better. The clown here is you a special kind of retard.

Showtime2001
04-26-2016, 11:12 PM

Noone played hard. FACT

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/36/36d1a27cbe9e8fae1bd5f7fd9a4ed039e6e163fabcc90cd40d 965d1c7dfb4fe4.jpg

Lebronxrings
04-26-2016, 11:16 PM
Reminder: The jazz tanked and let kobe win by playing next to no defense.

G-train
04-26-2016, 11:16 PM

He shot 22/50 which is 44%. Including 6/21 form 3PT.

It's not insane for an accomplished scorer to shoot it 50 times and get 60.

I don't think people grasp that the 50 shots, not the 60 points, is probably the bigger 'achievement'.

jstern
04-26-2016, 11:47 PM
It's the same old polarizing Kobe dilemma that creates arguments.

Kobe scores 60 points. On the face of it sounds very positive, but he does by taking the most shots in an NBA game. Kobe wins 3 rings in a row, but Shaq was the man and Finals MVP.

And like with this thread, it all starts with a fanboy bragging, which forces the one who don't worship Kobe to point out the flaws in the accomplishments.

coin24
04-27-2016, 12:02 AM
GOAT:bowdown:

TheMarkMadsen
04-27-2016, 12:04 AM
It's the same old polarizing Kobe dilemma that creates arguments.

Kobe scores 60 points. On the face of it sounds very positive, but he does by taking the most shots in an NBA game. Kobe wins 3 rings in a row, but Shaq was the man and Finals MVP.

And like with this thread, it all starts with a fanboy bragging, which forces the one who don't worship Kobe to point out the flaws in the accomplishments.

so melodramatic. Dude scored 60 in his last game, scored the teams last 17 points and won. Appreciate an all time great retiring after an amazing game and let it be.

The last time, or one of the last times Jordan scored 60+, he took 49 shots to score 64 points, he was 29 and his team lost. So 37 year old Kobe took 1 more shot to score 4 less points than the GOAT in his prime and i'm sure if somebody brought up that performance by Jordan you wouldn't find some way to spin in into a negative :oldlol: :oldlol:

Young X
04-27-2016, 12:07 AM
If you weren't jumping up and down in your living room hype as f*ck when Kobe hit those last 2 shots to put the Lakers up you're not a real basketball fan.

34-24 Footwork
04-27-2016, 12:14 AM
The people that weren't excited about him scoring like that in his last game were SURELY happy when he ruptured his achilles.

Willing to be money on that.

Stay mad, clowns.

sportjames23
04-27-2016, 12:24 AM
so melodramatic. Dude scored 60 in his last game, scored the teams last 17 points and won. Appreciate an all time great retiring after an amazing game and let it be.

The last time, or one of the last times Jordan scored 60+, he took 49 shots to score 64 points, he was 29 and his team lost. So 37 year old Kobe took 1 more shot to score 4 less points than the GOAT in his prime and i'm sure if somebody brought up that performance by Jordan you wouldn't find some way to spin in into a negative :oldlol: :oldlol:

The Bulls were also playing against a good Orlando team with Shaq. Kobe was playing against a shitty Utah team that dialed it in.

SpaceJam
04-27-2016, 12:53 AM
Reminder: People are still MAD

KOBE

jstern
04-27-2016, 01:22 AM

Look, I absolutely loved that Kobe was shooting every time the Lakers got the ball, because it was the last time he'll be in an NBA game. But again there's always something off for every positive that Kobe does.

Michael Jordan scored 64 on 49 shots, but he shot 55% while being heavily defended, while Kobe was more of an exhibition game with Utah having nothing to play for, and playing light against Kobe.

Goofsta Knicca
04-27-2016, 01:25 AM
A surprising twist to da end of da Bald Mamba chapter of hiz career.

Jameerthefear
04-27-2016, 01:42 AM
Sheesh dude... cringe much? Go lose your virginity :oldlol:

SpaceJam
04-27-2016, 01:46 AM

Is that how you reacted when you lost yours?

bobopenguin
04-27-2016, 01:52 AM
95% of kobe/lebron threads always ended up with 'lost ur virginity/slept with ur mom/get out the basement/go flip my buger/rent free'

ISH needs new stars to talk about.

i say we talk about Dwill from now! :cheers:

SpaceJam
04-27-2016, 01:53 AM
95% of kobe/lebron threads always ended up with 'lost ur virginity/slept with ur mom/get out the basement/go flip my buger/rent free'

ISH needs new stars to talk about.

i say we talk about Dwill from now! :cheers:

Something doesn't add up here bro :oldlol: :oldlol:

coin24
04-27-2016, 02:07 AM

That's rich coming from you:oldlol:

Unless your dog licked the peanut butter off you under your nerd station

coin24
04-27-2016, 02:09 AM
Something doesn't add up here bro :oldlol: :oldlol:

Don't forget he is the euroleague GOAT:rockon:

Nba benchwarmer though

TheOne
04-27-2016, 02:30 AM
Last game of the career. Game winner against Jazz. What's a resemblance!

pauk
04-27-2016, 03:50 AM
He chucked up 50 FGA, 21 3PTers, then retired... is more correct, very important to notify that because there is a vast difference between 60 efficient points/being on fire and hoisting the ball towards the rim until your arms hurt.... If Kobe was on fire for 60 even i would bow down, but that didnt happen... I dont understand why anybody would praise him (or anybody who shot like that) for that game, its not hard at all considering the context i would think most NBA perimeter players would able to do it aswell (even at that age) with that many shots.... maybe even some of us here... :P

Not mad at Kobe tho, he deserved that green light to be Kobe (maybe the most notable chucker of all time) one last time.... everybody was begging him... Lakers had nothing to lose... hoist em up...

Spurs m8
04-27-2016, 04:06 AM
LOL deadset, only rookies look at this and don't take it for what it was....A JOKE

Kblaze8855
04-27-2016, 04:22 AM
I couldnt believe it when my laker fan friends started texting me. I got a "Mamba got 60!" text and thought he was kidding. So I went home and watched the entire game....and it really wasnt what I expected. The ending was hype because its just a great sendoff....but really....of the people to take 45 shots in a game the last 30 years? They score on average....59 points.

I suppose thats skewed a bit by Kobes 81....but really...whats the least a player is gonna score on 50 shots?

The least anyone scored on 40 shots is Kobes 34 a while back. Only 1 other game under 40 points and that was Niques 38 on 42 shots. Kobe has actually shot 40+ times and not gone past 50....6 times. Jordan has 4. Iverson only has 2 despite his reputation.

But really....guys like that? Scorers? You dont expect them to take the most shots anyone has since games were filmed and not have a huge total. A guy like young Charlie Villanueva who wasnt even that good takes 50 shots...whats he gonna score? You gotta think....45 or 50? Hes only taken 30 shots once in his career...and he had 48. Reggie Miller never even took 30 shots. The one time he took 29? He scored 57.

It really is a remarkable number of shot attempts. Dude tried to score 55-60 times...sometimes having to give it up...sometimes getting fouled. I gotta think when a scorer...even a washed up one....sets out to score 60 times...hes gonna drop 60ish points. On the low end.

I feel like I needed to have seen that game live. Watching the replay....knowing whats happening? Knowing he was gonna make the game winner? It took away a lot of the magic. I was still excited....but the way it unfolded? I went in thinking id see a prime Kobe flashback performance.

I cant say I was really disappointed....the ending saved it. But it wasnt quite what I sat down to see at 3am when I needed to be at work by 10 the next day. Thats a game not done justice by a non emotional replay you know all about before watching.

Id probably feel more of a connection to the magic of the moment had I seen it live. Especially with my 2 best friends...who are both Laker fans.

Maybe I was just annoyed I got off work middle of the night and then stayed up 3 more hours to watch it and not really be blown away by the performance.

But as a whole...im glad I did. Hubie all excited...the celebs....the fans? The post game even...it was an exceptional night from just a basketball fan perspective. It doesnt matter if he shot it a lot. It was still a crazy ending to a legends career. So you have to respect it. Give it its due place in history.

But it didnt quiiiiiiite feel.....like I wanted a 60 point game from Kobe....to feel like. Again...I probably needed to see it live.

G0ATbe
04-27-2016, 06:18 AM
Probably will go down as his most iconic game if not top 3. I still dream about that night:bowdown:

Doranku
04-27-2016, 07:02 AM
I couldnt believe it when my laker fan friends started texting me. I got a "Mamba got 60!" text and thought he was kidding. So I went home and watched the entire game....and it really wasnt what I expected. The ending was hype because its just a great sendoff....but really....of the people to take 45 shots in a game the last 30 years? They score on average....59 points.

I suppose thats skewed a bit by Kobes 81....but really...whats the least a player is gonna score on 50 shots?

The least anyone scored on 40 shots is Kobes 34 a while back. Only 1 other game under 40 points and that was Niques 38 on 42 shots. Kobe has actually shot 40+ times and not gone past 50....6 times. Jordan has 4. Iverson only has 2 despite his reputation.

But really....guys like that? Scorers? You dont expect them to take the most shots anyone has since games were filmed and not have a huge total. A guy like young Charlie Villanueva who wasnt even that good takes 50 shots...whats he gonna score? You gotta think....45 or 50? Hes only taken 30 shots once in his career...and he had 48. Reggie Miller never even took 30 shots. The one time he took 29? He scored 57.

It really is a remarkable number of shot attempts. Dude tried to score 55-60 times...sometimes having to give it up...sometimes getting fouled. I gotta think when a scorer...even a washed up one....sets out to score 60 times...hes gonna drop 60ish points. On the low end.

I feel like I needed to have seen that game live. Watching the replay....knowing whats happening? Knowing he was gonna make the game winner? It took away a lot of the magic. I was still excited....but the way it unfolded? I went in thinking id see a prime Kobe flashback performance.

I cant say I was really disappointed....the ending saved it. But it wasnt quite what I sat down to see at 3am when I needed to be at work by 10 the next day. Thats a game not done justice by a non emotional replay you know all about before watching.

Id probably feel more of a connection to the magic of the moment had I seen it live. Especially with my 2 best friends...who are both Laker fans.

Maybe I was just annoyed I got off work middle of the night and then stayed up 3 more hours to watch it and not really be blown away by the performance.

But as a whole...im glad I did. Hubie all excited...the celebs....the fans? The post game even...it was an exceptional night from just a basketball fan perspective. It doesnt matter if he shot it a lot. It was still a crazy ending to a legends career. So you have to respect it. Give it its due place in history.

But it didnt quiiiiiiite feel.....like I wanted a 60 point game from Kobe....to feel like. Again...I probably needed to see it live.

Like you said, you needed to watch it live.

The whole game he was being fed the ball, lot of ups and downs. Missed his first 5 shots, got hot and hit a few shots in a row early in the first, started missing again, Lakers go down double digits, etc etc.

Up until the last 6 or so minutes of the game it's kind of just a ho-hum game, Kobe scoring a lot but pretty inefficiently and his team down 10. Looked like he was going to be sent out of the league with an L. Didn't feel like anything special at all.

Then, dude flips on a switch, starts attacking the basket, hitting contested jumpers, splitting the defense and pulling up with 3 guys around him, single-handedly clawing the Lakers back into the game.

He just kept making shot after shot after shot and before you know it he's icing the game with FTs to reach 60. It was magical.

Cold soul
04-27-2016, 10:42 AM

Did you lose yours with family member? :oldlol:

FYI that does not count.

I know you are
04-27-2016, 10:45 AM
Remember, Kobe chucked one last time then retired.

SpaceJam
04-27-2016, 10:52 AM
Remember, Kobe chucked one last time then retired.

You couldn't even mock the thread title right, come on bro I expect better next time

HurricaneKid
04-27-2016, 10:52 AM
Probably will go down as his most iconic game if not top 3. I still dream about that night:bowdown:

Kobe's most iconic games always seem to come during the regular season against non-playoff teams.

HurricaneKid
04-27-2016, 10:58 AM
Three years ago the record for fewest wins for a LAL team was 30 (74-75, the season before Kareem came to town).

Then two years ago Kobe led the Lakers to a 27 win season to break the record.

Then last year Kobe led the Lakers to a 21 win season, breaking the Laker record with purpose.

Then this year he led the team to 17 wins and in the final act of his career willed his team to the 17th win.

And his fans cheer.

SouBeachTalents
04-27-2016, 11:19 AM
Last game of the career. Game winner against Jazz. What's a resemblance!

Lol, except Jordan won the Finals while Kobe won his 17th game

Rooster
04-27-2016, 11:21 AM
Three years ago the record for fewest wins for a LAL team was 30 (74-75, the season before Kareem came to town).

Then last year Kobe led the Lakers to a 21 win season, breaking the Laker record with purpose.

Then this year he led the team to 17 wins and in the final act of his career willed his team to the 17th win.

And his fans cheer.

It does not matter.:confusedshrug: I'll take those losses if D'Angelo or a superstar will help us win 5 rings in the next 20 years. 3 years of mediocrity will not change the fact.
Dropping 60 and Mamba out :bowdown:

scuzzy
04-27-2016, 11:27 AM

And his fans cheer.
:lol :lol :applause:

riseagainst
04-27-2016, 11:27 AM

salty as fck

riseagainst
04-27-2016, 11:28 AM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/36/36d1a27cbe9e8fae1bd5f7fd9a4ed039e6e163fabcc90cd40d 965d1c7dfb4fe4.jpg

:roll:

scuzzy melting down so hard.

thefatmiral
04-27-2016, 11:34 AM
But he got the w right?

AirBonner
04-27-2016, 11:42 AM
They should of drug tested him before the game. Was clearly on something.

choppermagic
04-27-2016, 11:55 AM
Too much hate here, which is typical i guess of anything to do with Kobe.

Guys, at the end of the day, the NBA is ENTERTAINMENT. We watch, we cheer, we want to be excited and moved.

Kobe going out with 60 and the win was amazing. He got back up on the stage and gave us one last performance and thrilled the crowd and basketball fans. Even the haters here will be able to tell their kids about being able to witness Kobe's career and throw in they watched his farewell 60 game too. So thanks to Kobe for giving us one more night of excitement to appreciate and debate and enjoy.

TheImmortal
04-27-2016, 12:00 PM
60 2ez.. for the millionth time.. GOAT GONNA GOAT! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Disaprine
04-27-2016, 01:25 PM
Drops 60 points in last game of career, people still complain.

:kobe:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-27-2016, 01:29 PM
You honestly had to watch the game LIVE and in the moment.

Dude took a lot of shots, looked inconsistent thru stretches, but that 4th quarter was pretty surreal.

If you're a REAL basketball fan you could appreciate that individual performance. Kobe went out like a boss.

HurricaneKid
04-27-2016, 01:39 PM
But he got the w right?

Yes. He helped get the 17th win for a franchise that had never won fewer than 30 games until the last three years. And he did it against a team that didn't have its DPoY Center playing and found out during pregame they failed to make the playoffs, regardless of the outcome of the game.

Rooster
04-27-2016, 01:44 PM
Yes. He helped get the 17th win for a franchise that had never won fewer than 30 games until the last three years. And he did it against a team that didn't have its DPoY Center playing and found out during pregame they failed to make the playoffs, regardless of the outcome of the game.

Bruh rub your salty tears:oldlol:

HurricaneKid
04-27-2016, 01:50 PM
Bruh rub your salty tears:oldlol:

Why would I be salty? Laker fans should be salty. Their once proud franchis has been decimated and they have a 45% chance of losing their top 5 pick.

Hell, I'm all smiles. I don't have to endure any more Kobeball. You know, where you jack up 30 foot fallaway Js, only you make a handful of them and they look good on SportsCenter.

Rooster
04-27-2016, 02:01 PM
Why would I be salty? Laker fans should be salty. Their once proud franchis has been decimated and they have a 45% chance of losing their top 5 pick.

Hell, I'm all smiles. I don't have to endure any more Kobeball. You know, where you jack up 30 foot fallaway Js, only you make a handful of them and they look good on SportsCenter.

Yeah salty for Kobe helping us bringing :applause: those 5 rings.:oldlol:

Sounds like you are digging up excuses for Mamba 60 points and out.:oldlol: