PDA

View Full Version : Remember the hideous Heat Index?

Uncle Drew
04-21-2016, 07:29 AM
Well, things just got worse, and ESPN managed to set yet another low.

http://www.imgdumper.nl/uploads9/5718b94b6c0d7/5718b94b5a4d3-Screen_Shot_2016-04-21_at_13.27.33.png

Lebron23
04-21-2016, 07:38 AM
Nothin But Steph

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

aj1987
04-21-2016, 07:44 AM
Hideous? It was actually pretty nice. Wallace used to grade the players after each game. He was kinda partial to Wade though. Anyways, the Dubs fans/Curry stans might like this. Not sure about having a whole page dedicated to a single player.

Uncle Drew
04-21-2016, 07:49 AM
Hideous? It was actually pretty nice.
It was beyond awful. ESPN is just like ISH, just people stanning players until they are no longer as relevant as they used to be, only to jump ship to the next bandwagon, and the whole cycle starts again (e.g. Kobe to Curry).

Overdrive
04-21-2016, 07:51 AM
Nothin But Steph

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

You know that the Heat Index was basically the same shit just for Lebron? He was the one regularly getting praised and teammates were treated like unneeded bystanders. They acted like Wade and Bosh were some scrubs on the regular.

aj1987
04-21-2016, 07:51 AM
It was beyond awful. ESPN is just like ISH, just people stanning players until they are no longer as relevant as they used to be, only to jump ship to the next bandwagon, and the whole cycle starts again (e.g. Kobe to Curry).
Probably because you're a Cavs fan? It wasn't a page dedicated to a player. It was dedicated to the team. It wasn't even close to being awful. If you though it was awful, you could, you know, just not click on it. Do the same for the new one. Do I like it? Nope. Am I going to whine about it? Nope.

You know that the Heat Index was basically the same shit just for Lebron? He was the one regularly getting praised and teammates were treated like unneeded bystanders. They acted like Wade and Bosh were some scrubs on the regular.
Not really. The big 3 were pretty much getting the same amount of press.

Overdrive
04-21-2016, 07:53 AM
Probably because you're a Cavs fan? It wasn't a page dedicated to a player. It was dedicated to the team. It wasn't even close to being awful. If you though it was awful, you could, you know, just not click on it. Do the same for the new one. Do I like it? Nope. Am I going to whine about it? Nope.

Why is there no Heat index anymore then, if it was dedicated to the team?

Not really. The big 3 were pretty much getting the same amount of press.

I remember pretty bad reviews for Bosh's games for quite some time on that.

Uncle Drew
04-21-2016, 07:54 AM
It wasn't a page dedicated to a player. It was dedicated to the team.Who cares, that's not even the point.

If you though it was awful, you could, you know, just not click on it.
Which I don't. This is just another reminder and another example why I don't visit ESPN very often.

Uncle Drew
04-21-2016, 07:54 AM
Heat fans: ''Heat Index was great!!!''

No shit.

Im Still Ballin
04-21-2016, 08:03 AM
Hey

aj1987
04-21-2016, 08:05 AM
Why is there no Heat index anymore then, if it was dedicated to the team?
Probably because the team went from being a perennial Finals team to a lottery team ('15). Wade is past him prime and Bosh is probably going to retire. If it was still prime Wade and Bosh was healthy (making the Heat a top tier team), they would've continued it.

I remember pretty bad reviews for Bosh's games for quite some time on that.
Bosh got a lot of Heat (pun intended) due to his rebounding woes and post defense. Again, Mike Wallace contributed a lot to the Heat Index and he's kind of a Wade stan.

Which I don't. This is just another reminder and another example why I don't visit ESPN very often.
I though it was pretty much a given that ESPN sucks. We don't really need a reminder. What ever though. :cheers:

Overdrive
04-21-2016, 08:25 AM
Probably because the team went from being a perennial Finals team to a lottery team ('15). Wade is past him prime and Bosh is probably going to retire. If it was still prime Wade and Bosh was healthy (making the Heat a top tier team), they would've continued it.

I doubt that reasoning. Lebron is just a huge media draw and they used that for clicks.

Bosh got a lot of Heat (pun intended) due to his rebounding woes and post defense. Again, Mike Wallace contributed a lot to the Heat Index and he's kind of a Wade stan.

Yeah, but Wade also got quite some flak for being injuried and inconsistent, although he severely contributed when needed, but to be fair I didn't check it on the regular since the '12 season.

aj1987
04-21-2016, 08:40 AM
I doubt that reasoning. Lebron is just a huge media draw and they used that for clicks.
They still had it for a bit after LeBron left. They "removed" it after the Heat started sucking. I put removed in quotes because it still sorta exists.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat

Yeah, but Wade also got quite some flak for being injuried and inconsistent, although he severely contributed when needed, but to be fair I didn't check it on the regular since the '12 season.
As did anyone. I remember checking their grades after literally every game and they were quite impartial. LeBron drew some flak as well, when he underperformed. I mean it's kinda expected to happen when a player underperforms, right? They should get criticized.

warriorfan
04-21-2016, 08:40 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

SpaceJam
04-21-2016, 08:44 AM
Best player in the game.

ArbitraryWater
04-21-2016, 09:10 AM
If they had that Index for every team, Im sure people would suddenly like it...

but, Nothin but Steph? Lmao

JohnnySic
04-21-2016, 09:10 AM
Heat Index was a joke. But this ESPN we're talking about, what do you expect?

TommyGriffin
04-21-2016, 09:15 AM
To be honest he deserves it.

I know you are
04-21-2016, 09:18 AM
Hideous? It was actually pretty nice. Wallace used to grade the players after each game. He was kinda partial to Wade though. Anyways, the Dubs fans/Curry stans might like this. Not sure about having a whole page dedicated to a single player.
Why am I not surprised a Heat fan liked it?

aj1987
04-21-2016, 09:34 AM
Why am I not surprised a Heat fan liked it?
Probably because it was the HEAT Index? :oldlol:

I know you are
04-21-2016, 09:36 AM
Probably because it was the HEAT Index? :oldlol:
Right, that is my point. :hammerhead:

It was nice for you and other Heat fans, but for most of the country, nobody cared. Might as well have an index for every team so their fans can go there.

r15mohd
04-21-2016, 10:13 AM
Right, that is my point. :hammerhead:

It was nice for you and other Heat fans, but for most of the country, nobody cared. Might as well have an index for every team so their fans can go there.

actually, plenty ppl cared or at least clicked - Miami was the most talked about team during those 4yrs, and yes ESPN made great off of a dedicated page to the Big3 era in SoBe.

and the Heat index is basically a condensed version to what's already in place for big market areas - ESPN LA, NY, etc. Miami really only had the Heat as stardom, and ESPN knew every NBA fan (for or against) would be dissecting everything Heat related. so why not!! :hammerhead: