PDA

View Full Version : Thibs Begging For The Wolves Job

FireDavidKahn
04-14-2016, 04:54 PM
TwolvesBlog
‏@TwolvesBlog
Paul Allen this morning: Joerger/Walton in mix; Thibs WANTS the Wolves job, most coveted in NBA, will change Chicago issues, per NBA source.

IF THIBS ISN'T HIRED I AM DONE...UNLESS WE GET JVG

Kiddlovesnets
04-14-2016, 04:56 PM
Well the Wolves will hire Sam Mitchell to be their next head coach, he was removed as interim coach since they plan to promote him later.
:cheers:

Cocaine80s
04-14-2016, 04:57 PM
Get this man away from Lavine

1987_Lakers
04-14-2016, 04:57 PM
I don't blame him for wanting the job, the Wolves have a really bright future with their core of players.

Nick Young
04-14-2016, 04:58 PM
Thibs will DESTROY the careers of Towns and Wiggins and Lavine by running them in to the ground, just like he destroyed Derek Rose and Joachim Noah.

HE IS CANCER. Thibs as a head coach is not a title winner.

Blatt is the right answer here, or Karl.

miggyme1
04-14-2016, 04:59 PM
Whoever Gets Thibs Is Getting The Best Coach On The Market And Instantly (imo) Is Getting A Top 3 Coach.

Why Bulls Let Him Go Speaks To The Stupidity That Franchise Has Been Reduced To. Toss Thibs For A College Coach Who Didnt Really Achieve Shit At Iowa State Except Beating Kansas A Few Times. Smh

Real Men Wear Green
04-14-2016, 05:26 PM
Thibs doesn't need to change Chicago issues, Chicago needs to change their Thibs issues. They made a dumb decision and now they're paying for it. You don't fire a great coach, period. If he gets the job in Minnie he should do the same things he's always done unless in his own judgement there is something he should change. Don't change just because some people that should be fired for letting you go have a gripe. If the Wolves want him to rest players like the Spurs then they should give him a deep roster like the Spurs. Otherwise don't tell him how he should be playing players. His job is to win games, and players have been out there for 38, 40, 40+ mpg for decades of NBA history. Thibs' critics act like he's the first coach in history to have injured players. Injuries happen. You hand a guy like Rose a max deal with the expectation that he will play heavy minutes in a lot of games. If he gets hurt, sorry, you were unlucky but people that think he doesn't tear his acl if he averages 34 minutes in 2012 instead of 35 are just guessing.

Bottom line, you hand Thibs a good roster he will get the most possible anyone can out of it and that's the coach's job. I will always only be a Celtic fan but he's one of the guys I cheer for because he's great. I hope he gets a talented roster like Minnie's because if he does he will lead them to great things.

HylianNightmare
04-14-2016, 05:31 PM
He'd shape them into a great team

CuterThanRubio
04-14-2016, 05:44 PM
This is the same scenario as Adelman vs Don Nelson.

The Wolves need a guy who can cater to the players strengths, not a stubborn outdated system based gameplan.

Walton or bust

Meticode
04-14-2016, 06:07 PM
Wolves should give a look at Blatt. He was brought into Cleveland to mold a young team and I think he would've been successful if he was doing the job he was originally hired for, but then LeBron came back and changed everything. It went from molding a team to be a competitor to win now or get fired. Blatt never stood a chance.

bdreason
04-14-2016, 07:43 PM
Wolves could make the playoffs next season with Thibs as their coach. They have plenty of offensive talent, but their team defense is horrendous... which just happens to be Thibs specialty.

bdreason
04-14-2016, 07:45 PM
Wolves should give a look at Blatt. He was brought into Cleveland to mold a young team and I think he would've been successful if he was doing the job he was originally hired for, but then LeBron came back and changed everything. It went from molding a team to be a competitor to win now or get fired. Blatt never stood a chance.

I think Blatt ends up in Brooklyn.

SwishSquared
04-15-2016, 02:35 PM
The league needs Thibs to mold these young guys. New Orleans messed up with Gentry (it appears). Can't have other that happen to another young big guy. I also think Thibs can turn Wiggins into a plus defensive player.

Wolves on their way to the playoffs in 2017. One thing though- since he wants some personnel control, does that mean he wants to run the FO a la SVG/Rivers, or is he willing to work with a GM that will value his input?

jayfan
04-15-2016, 02:42 PM
Larry Brown would be nice in Minnesota.

Foster5k
04-15-2016, 02:47 PM
Nah keep Thibs away from the Wolves.

This guy doesn't get how the league works. Yes, he knows Xs and Os and all that technical coach talk. However, he doesn't seem to be able to relate to his players and/or know when to rest players.

If he gets the Wovles job and runs these young guys to death and don't win, it's Chicago all over again.

Terahite
04-15-2016, 02:56 PM
I think Blatt ends up in Brooklyn.

Sounds kind of racist but I agree.

Haymaker
04-15-2016, 02:56 PM
Nah keep Thibs away from the Wolves.

This guy doesn't get how the league works. Yes, he knows Xs and Os and all that technical coach talk. However, he doesn't seem to be able to relate to his players and/or know when to rest players.

If he gets the Wovles job and runs these young guys to death and don't win, it's Chicago all over again.

That's the most uneducated bullshit ppl keep saying about Thibs. There's no proof he purposely injured his players because of playing time. He didn't had the luxury of a deep team/bench so he had to rely on his starters more than anything. He runs a tight ship, so anybody dares to disrupt his system and he won't hesitate to sit him. At the end of the day, injuries did ruin the team but most of all it was the frustration that they all kept grinding while Rose couldn't rise up to the occasion when they needed him most and it caught up with everybody. Look at them now, with all the rest they get and they're out of the Playoffs. Still injured.