PDA

View Full Version : Favorite playoff series growing up...

Vancouver-Grizz
03-17-2016, 01:29 PM
Was watching a few older games recently on NBATV and gave me a flash back when I was screaming at the TV and pounding on the floor rooting for Sac to beat the Lakers in the 2002 series.

Still remembered when Bibby curled off a screen and caught the ball for the game winner in game 5... Lost my voice the next day.

What was your favorite NBA series that made you a bit insane??

I was also crushed when Houston swept Orlando in the finals and was ultimately confused when Nick Anderson missed all those damn free throws in the 4th quarter.

https://northeastcollegehoops.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/ap-photo1.jpg

Zach LaVine
03-17-2016, 01:33 PM
Knicks/Pacers

Pacers/Bulls

Kings/Lakers and Blazers/Lakers were also great, but I was getting old enough that I have a hard time calling that when I was "growing up."

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
03-17-2016, 01:54 PM
Mavs/Spurs 06 remains the highest level of basketball i have seen in a series

Bosnian Sajo
03-17-2016, 01:57 PM
Lakers/Nuggets used to be a nice rivlary, great series.

Lakers/Magic Unexpected title, well at least considering just a season before we were an average team until Gasol came along. Fisher coming back in 08 was huge also, just couldn't get it done vs Boston that first year to make it a 3 peat.

Lakers/Celtics 2010 Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, sweet, sweet revenge :D

Boston/Chicago 2009(?) EPIC series, lots of OT's nd buzzer beaters. legendary.

GSW/Jazz 2007 The series against Dallas was probably more enjoyable, but this series had real competition and had me glued to the TV.

I also enjoyed all the Miami/Detroit series in the mid 2000's, as well as the finals where Detroit played San Antonio. ****ing Robert Horry man, love him for what he did for the Lakers, but if it wasn't for him the Pistons would of been back to back champs.

sd3035
03-17-2016, 01:59 PM
Was watching a few older games recently on NBATV and gave me a flash back when I was screaming at the TV and pounding on the floor rooting for Sac to beat the Lakers in the 2002 series.

Still remembered when Bibby curled off a screen and caught the ball for the game winner in game 5... Lost my voice the next day.

What was your favorite NBA series that made you a bit insane??

I was also crushed when Houston swept Orlando in the finals and was ultimately confused when Nick Anderson missed all those damn free throws in the 4th quarter.

https://northeastcollegehoops.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/ap-photo1.jpg

Lakers Kings was the most rigged series of all time (pre Lebron* era)

Jacks3
03-17-2016, 01:59 PM
Lakers/Suns in 2010.

Watching Nash cry like a bitch in the locker room after game 6...Kobe shitting on them for the entire series....ahh so satisfying.

TylerOO
03-17-2016, 02:07 PM
Any LeBron/Pierce series

GreatHILL
03-17-2016, 02:07 PM
Lakers/Suns in 2010.

Watching Nash cry like a bitch in the locker room after game 6...Kobe shitting on them for the entire series....ahh so satisfying.

cant be more satisfying than this! :lol :oldlol: :oldlol: :roll:

http://wearahero.com/images/raja-1.jpg

WayOfWade
03-17-2016, 03:48 PM
The first playoff series I actually watched was Rockets vs. Jazz in 2007. That was a fantastic series that went the distance and came down to the wire of Game 7. The GSW/Jazz series was also fantastic (still have Baron Davis' dunk on Kirilenko etched into my memory), but the Houston series was very special since it was the first one I watched start to finish, not to mention the previous history the Jazz and Rockets already had

Vancouver-Grizz
03-17-2016, 04:05 PM
The first playoff series I actually watched was Rockets vs. Jazz in 2007. That was a fantastic series that went the distance and came down to the wire of Game 7. The GSW/Jazz series was also fantastic (still have Baron Davis' dunk on Kirilenko etched into my memory), but the Houston series was very special since it was the first one I watched start to finish, not to mention the previous history the Jazz and Rockets already had

Still remember that.... Yao and McGrady and even Rafer Alston was playing in their primes.

Matt Harpring was tough as nailz.

miggyme1
03-17-2016, 04:23 PM
lot of young guys in here.

I forget which year but it was a first round matchup between the magic and the pistons team that would eventually go on to win that title in 04 but I cant remember if it was the 04 playoffs or what.

Tmac was a freaking beast...think they took the series lead 3-0 or something and lost it but man people always get confused when I say kobe benefitted from playing with elite talent but tmac was a far better player before the injuries.

another favorite one was the 2001 raptors vs sixers. ai and vince had their coming out parties in that very series.

everybody always likes the kings/lakers 02 series but I have a better one.....kings/timberwolves 2004. OMG......Prime kg versus prime chris webber!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Webber had a good look at a 3 at the end of game 7 I think to force overtime...it literally went in and out....like if you ever seen a ball go in and out....this was the epitome of a ball going as far down as it could go before spinning out.

pacers versus sixers 2001......the animousity carried over from the playoff matchup from the prior year...didn't go the distance but the hatred in this series was brutal...and it was sort of symbolic or at the time appeared that the pacers were passing the torch to a sixers team that was gonna run the east for the next 5 or so seasons.

senelcoolidge
03-17-2016, 04:25 PM
I used to enjoy watching the Riley Knicks. They were such bullies, but they always created entertaining series whether it was the Bulls or anyone else.

hold this L
03-17-2016, 04:49 PM
Pistons vs Lakers finals in 2004 :pimp:

bigkingsfan
03-17-2016, 04:50 PM
Prime kg versus prime chris webber!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That was Webber after he tore his knees.

JohnMax
03-17-2016, 04:56 PM
2015 Finals

I quit being a Lebron stan after this series.

Mass Debator
03-17-2016, 05:18 PM
97 Heat vs Knicks
04 T-Wolves vs Kings
13 Heat vs Spurs

miggyme1
03-17-2016, 05:23 PM
That was Webber after he tore his knees.

18 AND 9 ON FEWER FG ATTEMPTS....I CALL THAT STILL PRIME...AND HIS PPG ACTUALLY INCREASED THE FOLLOWING SEASONS.

swagga
03-17-2016, 06:54 PM
jordan going nuts on the pistons, taking a huge beatdown and still going at 'em full steam.

can't beat that, that's the most alpha shit i've ever seen on tv.