PDA

View Full Version : Boston celtics 2nd in team defensive efficiency

AirBonner
03-02-2016, 03:56 AM
and 4th in points per game. Do they have the best shot in the east to upset Cleveland?

Nick Young
03-02-2016, 04:03 AM
Pretty sure I saw Curry light those scrubs up this year.

AirBonner
03-02-2016, 04:08 AM
It took curry double ot to beat those "scrubs"

TheMilkyBarKid
03-02-2016, 05:06 AM
Just think what Brooklyn's lottery pick plus the right free agent could do :rockon:

Im Still Ballin
03-02-2016, 05:11 AM
Either they could swing a few pieces + the pick for DMC or they could draft Simmons and tighten that core up with free agents

IMO they should hold off on the DMC trade,

They'd have to give up too much for him

Sign a guy like Horford in the offseason

Draft Simmons

On the way

Riks
03-02-2016, 10:02 AM
Their defense is great. I think that really helped Thomas make the all-star team. The Celtics are like a light version of the MVP-Rose Bulls. Everybody keeps them in it with defense, while one point guard carries the offensive load.

Derka
03-02-2016, 10:15 AM
It took curry double ot to beat those "scrubs"
While shooting a blistering 9/27. :applause:

Free throws saved the Warriors that night.

bigt
03-02-2016, 10:22 AM
Either they could swing a few pieces + the pick for DMC or they could draft Simmons and tighten that core up with free agents

IMO they should hold off on the DMC trade,

They'd have to give up too much for him

Sign a guy like Horford in the offseason

Draft Simmons

On the way

I like Boogie a lot, but it seems like Ainge can't find a deal there that he'd 'win'. I'm keen on getting Horford this off-season though. He's the right type of player to help expand the team, even if he's not the one 'missing piece' to switch us from playoff team to contender

WorldWarriors
03-02-2016, 10:24 AM
Should be a good matchup tonight with the red hot Blazers. Defense against offense. Yeah they defended Steph well. No denying that.

Legends66NBA7
03-02-2016, 10:27 AM
They are the biggest threat to Cleveland out East. And if Miami gets it going like they have with Joe Johnson, your looking at the Top 3 teams in the East.

Now just need to see Atlanta and Indiana going and the 2nd round and ECF race should get real interesting.

Myth
03-02-2016, 10:44 AM
Should be a good matchup tonight with the red hot Blazers. Defense against offense. Yeah they defended Steph well. No denying that.
I'll be at that game tonight. My first game in Boston.

Wally450
03-02-2016, 10:44 AM

Light up?

Dude shot 9-27 to get 38 points. If that's lighting up, then LeBron lit up GS in the Finals last year.

Wally450
03-02-2016, 10:45 AM
I'll be at that game tonight. My first game in Boston.

Hell yea. I got tickets to tonight's game also. Snagged some right behind Mike & Tommy.

Myth
03-02-2016, 10:46 AM
Hell yea. I got tickets to tonight's game also. Snagged some right behind Mike & Tommy.
My seats aren't great, but I'll still be happy to be there.

Wally450
03-02-2016, 10:57 AM

I don't think there's a bad seat in the place. The better fans are usually up top. The rich snobby ones are closer. Anyways, enjoy the game man. :cheers:

Myth
03-02-2016, 11:01 AM
I don't think there's a bad seat in the place. The better fans are usually up top. The rich snobby ones are closer. Anyways, enjoy the game man. :cheers:
That is pretty typical. This will be my 6th different team's home game (Portland, Lakers, Clippers, Suns, Hawks, and now Celtics). I'll make sure to hit up a NY Knicks game next season, and maybe a Nets, Wizards, and/or 76ers game.

Derka
03-02-2016, 11:39 AM
I sat eye-level with the banners when I went to the Chicago game a few weeks back. Still a great place to be :D

Derka
03-02-2016, 11:40 AM
Light up?

Dude shot 9-27 to get 38 points. If that's lighting up, then LeBron lit up GS in the Finals last year.
You gotta let him vent. The Lakers are 2nd from the bottom and hopping on the GS bandwagon is all he's got right now.

WorldWarriors
03-02-2016, 12:02 PM
I'll be at that game tonight. My first game in Boston. That's awesome. Have fun. I assume by your avitar you will be rooting for Portland.

Myth
03-02-2016, 12:08 PM
That's awesome. Have fun. I assume by your avitar you will be rooting for Portland.
Yep, it is where I was raised and lived until my late 20s.

MMM
03-02-2016, 01:25 PM

Red hot blazers 14-2 in their last 16
Celtics 12-4 in the same stretch
Celtics also on a current 11 game home win streak

Fallen Angel
03-02-2016, 01:31 PM
Their defense is great. I think that really helped Thomas make the all-star team. The Celtics are like a light version of the MVP-Rose Bulls. Everybody keeps them in it with defense, while one point guard carries the offensive load.
So Lebron should sweep them with no problem?

dbugz
03-02-2016, 01:39 PM
I like Boogie a lot, but it seems like Ainge can't find a deal there that he'd 'win'. I'm keen on getting Horford this off-season though. He's the right type of player to help expand the team, even if he's not the one 'missing piece' to switch us from playoff team to contender

Why would Horford sign with the Cs? heck why would any free agent "star" sign with the Cs?

The only way Celtics land a star is via trade and those picks are going to be the only asset for them and not the current roster/system they have there right now.

WorldWarriors
03-02-2016, 02:02 PM

This is an even better matchup than I thought.

Celtics home streak at stake.

I love to see good young teams balling out.

Both coaches in the running for COY as well.

Riks
03-02-2016, 02:09 PM
So Lebron should sweep them with no problem?
Correct, Cavs have no excuses for not beating the Celts.

Riks
03-02-2016, 02:10 PM
Whoa.

WorldWarriors
03-02-2016, 02:53 PM
Whoa.

Game has potential.:oldlol:

MMM
03-02-2016, 03:06 PM
Why would Horford sign with the Cs? heck why would any free agent "star" sign with the Cs?

The only way Celtics land a star is via trade and those picks are going to be the only asset for them and not the current roster/system they have there right now.

Celtics have Cap space for 2 max signings, but how they fare in the post season will factor into how attractive they look to potential FA's. With the assets and role players they have in place you would think that they get more interest from players signing on, but unfortunately Boston is rarely a blip on the FA radar.

Durant will never sign in Boston but if he did get a chance to pair himself with a great Coach I feel his career would be better off. The Celtics would no longer be a star away from contention and could potentially have a route to acquiring 2 other stars to pair KD with

JohnnySic
03-02-2016, 03:12 PM
Durant would fit in perfectly but he'll never come here.

Zach LaVine
03-02-2016, 03:41 PM
Durant would fit in perfectly but he'll never come here.
You could say that about any team for Durant.

TheMilkyBarKid
03-02-2016, 05:47 PM
You could say that about any team for Durant.
The difference is Boston has Stevens, who has proved that he can squeeze water from rocks. Giving him a top 2/3 player could be very dangerous.

lilteapot
03-02-2016, 05:53 PM
The difference is Boston has Stevens, who has proved that he can squeeze water from rocks. Giving him a top 2/3 player could be very dangerous.
Durant with a good coach would be scary.

MMM
03-02-2016, 11:44 PM

Not only that but they would still have cap space available and the draft picks to trade for a star. Outside of signing with GSW I don't see another situation that puts Durant in contention. Despite all that Boston has zero chance at him or any high profile star

Myth
03-03-2016, 02:24 AM
Game has potential.:oldlol:
Didn't live up. For the Blazers, Lillard and McCollum were fine, Plumlee was the only one to exceed expectations, and the rest of the team had 0 energy. Still enjoyed seeing my team, and also got to see Jo Jo White up close after the game. Didn't get a pic with him, thought it would be weird to try to get in on a pic while wearing Blazers stuff.

sammichoffate
03-03-2016, 02:48 AM
Tfw Jae Crowder is better than Rondo alone and the Celtics made out like bandits

AirBonner
03-03-2016, 03:00 AM
good game by the C's :pimp: interesting fact I found after the game: "Celtics are the first team since 2003 to have 105+ FGA, 20+ FTA, and give up < 100 points" what a time :bowdown:

Pushxx
03-03-2016, 03:14 AM

There was a guy that kept going crazy behind Tommy during the broadcast every time the camera was on them. Was that you? :oldlol:

Didn't live up. For the Blazers, Lillard and McCollum were fine, Plumlee was the only one to exceed expectations, and the rest of the team had 0 energy. Still enjoyed seeing my team, and also got to see Jo Jo White up close after the game. Didn't get a pic with him, thought it would be weird to try to get in on a pic while wearing Blazers stuff.

How did you enjoy your time in Boston and the Garden?