PDA

View Full Version : Durant Playoff Averages

Marchesk
02-22-2016, 01:48 AM
28.9/8.2/3.8 over 73 games.

Guess what? That's all up from his regular season averages:

27.3/7/3.6

And what are Durant's finals averages (against prime Bran and prime Heat)?

30.6 on 54.8%

How many players have averaged 30 on 50+% in a finals?

West, Kareem, Dr. J, Jordan, Shaq and Durant

So what was that about Durant only being a regular season warrior and choking the playoffs?

Marchesk
02-22-2016, 01:56 AM
Look at this, players who averaged 28 or better for their playoff careers:

http://s12.postimg.org/d612zd8d9/Kevin_Durant_Playoffs.png

navy
02-22-2016, 01:56 AM
What are his ring averages?

Marchesk
02-22-2016, 02:00 AM
What are his ring averages?

Same as Jordan his age.

navy
02-22-2016, 02:05 AM
Same as Jordan his age.
No rings = choker no matter how you play.

And yes Jordan got the same treatment when he had no rings. :confusedshrug:

Kvnzhangyay
02-22-2016, 02:08 AM
No rings = choker no matter how you play.

And yes Jordan got the same treatment when he had no rings. :confusedshrug:

huh? Jordan was getting GOAT talks before he won any rings

Rings as an argument is a relatively new convention

navy
02-22-2016, 02:11 AM

Everyone gets GOAT talks like that when they are great players, but remember there is always a counter. Magic and Bird stans wanted no part of a ringless Jordan being mentioned.

ClipperRevival
02-22-2016, 02:15 AM

No he wasn't. If he was, it was simply as an individual talent. But he was viewed by many as a great individual talent who can't win like Magic and Bird. So his overall persona was still flawed until he finally won. When you are a transcendent talent, you need to win it all or most will view your career as flawed. I wouldn't call him that but he's close the way he can score so easily at this level. He needs to concentrate on taking that next step and trying to be more complete in other areas like passing and defense because the scoring is there.

Bay Area Baller
02-22-2016, 02:16 AM
looking at your chart you can surmise Anthony davis da bess.:banana: :banana:

warriorfan
02-22-2016, 02:18 AM
28.9/8.2/3.8 over 73 games.

Guess what? That's all up from his regular season averages:

27.3/7/3.6

And what are Durant's finals averages (against prime Bran and prime Heat)?

30.6 on 54.8%

How many players have averaged 30 on 50+% in a finals?

West, Kareem, Dr. J, Jordan, Shaq and Durant

So what was that about Durant only being a regular season warrior and choking the playoffs?

Kareem, Shaq, and Durant all had a fellow top 5 player to share the burden.

Kareem, West, and Dr. J wouldn't make the 30 ppg benchmark if adjusted to today's pace

Actually Dr J and Kareem MIGHT, but West wouldn't for sure

West is like a 20 to 25 ppg scorer after adjusting for pace

Marchesk
02-22-2016, 02:20 AM
Everyone gets GOAT talks like that when they are great players, but remember there is always a counter. Magic and Bird stans wanted no part of a ringless Jordan being mentioned.

Maybe so, but it's kind of an unfair argument, because Jordan didn't demand to play with Kareem and the Lakers like Magic did, and Bird got to play with a ton of talent also. Yes, they both made their teams great, but Bird and Magic had a lot more to work with than Jordan did until Pippen and Grant developed.

So Magic leads the Lakers to the title as a rookie, but with Kareem averaging 33 in the finals on 55%. That's no knock on Magic, it's just pointing out that he and Bird had better teammates that Jordan early on in their careers.

GrapeApe
02-22-2016, 02:25 AM
I'm not a big "empty stat" guy, but Durant didn't play as well in the finals as his numbers suggest. He scored well on good efficiency, but he struggled defensively, commited a lot of turnovers (7 in game 5) and was relatively quiet down the stretch of games. There were also several instances where he was slow getting back on defense which resulted in fast break scores. I don't think he played a good all around series.

warriorfan
02-22-2016, 02:26 AM
Maybe so, but it's kind of an unfair argument, because Jordan didn't demand to play with Kareem and the Lakers like Magic did, and Bird got to play with a ton of talent also. Yes, they both made their teams great, but Bird and Magic had a lot more to work with than Jordan did until Pippen and Grant developed.

So Magic leads the Lakers to the title as a rookie, but with Kareem averaging 33 in the finals on 55%. That's no knock on Magic, it's just pointing out that he and Bird had better teammates that Jordan early on in their careers.

Kareem hung that on a frontcourt of Caldwell Jones and Darryl "no d" Dawkins though.

navy
02-22-2016, 02:36 AM
I'm not a big "empty stat" guy, but Durant didn't play as well in the finals as his numbers suggest. He scored well on good efficiency, but he struggled defensively, commited a lot of turnovers (7 in game 5) and was relatively quiet down the stretch of games. There were also several instances where he was slow getting back on defense which resulted in fast break scores. I don't think he played a good all around series.
He played just fine, he just lost to a better team. Plenty of individuals have played worse and won.

Im Still Ballin
02-22-2016, 02:44 AM
Lebron outmuscled Durant, dominated him on the boards and got him in foul trouble

Sarcastic
02-22-2016, 02:54 AM
Very surprising that Jordan has more ORB than Lebron in virtually the same number of games.

GrapeApe
02-22-2016, 03:26 AM
He played just fine, he just lost to a better team. Plenty of individuals have played worse and won.

Oh there's no doubt the Heat were the better team, and Durant had FMVP type numbers. I just think his age and inexperience showed in that series. I think Durant himself would absolutely agree.

Akhenaten
02-22-2016, 09:11 AM

"struggled"? they had to put him on Mario Chalmers of all people to hide him, the Rio proceeded to ROAST him for 25 points on 60% :roll:

dude was horrific defensively

ShawkFactory
02-22-2016, 10:11 AM
Kareem, Shaq, and Durant all had a fellow top 5 player to share the burden.

Kareem, West, and Dr. J wouldn't make the 30 ppg benchmark if adjusted to today's pace

Actually Dr J and Kareem MIGHT, but West wouldn't for sure

West is like a 20 to 25 ppg scorer after adjusting for pace
You realize that Jerry West didn't have a 3pt line right?

sd3035
02-22-2016, 10:15 AM

I see that Ilt isn't anywhere to be found

Gileraracer
02-22-2016, 10:35 AM

Damn it Jeffrey :applause:

Magic 32
02-22-2016, 11:32 AM
Playoff averages are useless until players retire.

Let him decline and then you can judge.

Marchesk
02-22-2016, 01:07 PM
Playoff averages are useless until players retire.

Let him decline and then you can judge.

Sure, but there's plenty of active players not on the list. The point was merely to show that Durant raises his game in the postseason like a true Alpha.

stalkerforlife
02-22-2016, 01:19 PM
Only difference between Durant and Bran is Durant didn't collude with 2 other franchise players.

Durant is really phucking good.

Cali Syndicate
02-22-2016, 03:05 PM
Peculiar how underrated Durant is on this board. He's the best scorer in the game and has been for the better part of his career. I'm really glad old split up that 3 headed monster because they were primed to do a lot damage.

dazzer87
02-22-2016, 06:58 PM
EMPTY stats.....:sleeping