PDA

View Full Version : All Stars share their thoughts on Kobe Bryant

TheMarkMadsen
02-14-2016, 09:16 PM
Paul George

He's going to go down as one of the best to ever play the game. He was just fearless. He's a champion. To get to where you want to get to, you have to put the work in. His work ethic is one thing that he has. That's the reason why he's so great.

John Wall

Basically the Michael Jordan of our era is what I see with all of his dedication to the game, his competitive drive. He's one of those guys that always wants the ball in a tough situation. No matter the circumstances, he believes in himself, no matter what.

Chris Bosh

He's one of the greatest iconic players this league has ever had. He's had such an imprint on our childhood. I know he had an imprint on my childhood.

Russell Westbrook

Me growing up in Los Angeles and being able to see Kobe, obviously he's one of the greatest players to play the game. It was a true honor to be able to learn from him. It's a great experience to be able to learn different things from him, not just on the floor but off the floor as well.

Demar Deozen

I grew up watching the Lakers. I grew up watching him his whole career and getting a chance to have a relationship with him and kind of, you know, patterned my game after him so to speak, so definitely speaks volumes.

James Harden

He's been my idol growing up, my basketball idol. Just watching him play meant everything to me. So this is his last year and he's going to retire and there's going to be no more Kobe Bryant playing basketball, it's kind of sad. It's kind of sad about that, but at some point he had to go.

Draymond Greene

He's meant so much to the game. Growing up in the era that I did, Kobe was that guy. So to play in an All-Star Game with him, I mean, that's special. I grew up a Kobe fan, so it's something that's really special.

Lamarcus Aldridge

I think probably one of the moments that would stick out to me, we're playing in L.A. and I think he got 62 [Editor's note: It was 65 points], I don't know what it was, [when I was] in Portland. And we were just trapping him and he was taking shots over two or three guys and knocking them down. I think that's when I got to see firsthand how good he was.

Lebron James

I think my most fond moment is he gave me his shoes when I was in high school. I think I was playing in a tournament in Teaneck, New Jersey, and they were playing in the [2002] All-Star Game in Philly. And I had an opportunity to go meet him, and he gave me a pair of his shoes, and I actually wore them in a game against Oak Hill, against Melo [Carmelo Anthony], actually. So, six degrees of separation right there.

Dwyane Wade on the all star game

I think for him in the end it will be, first of all, very gratifying and a little emotional, a little tiring because of everybody wanting a piece of him as well. But I think it's great for our game to celebrate him at this time. So it's cool.

I think everybody's going to want to go one-on-one and have their Kobe Bryant moment. So whenever he gets a guy one-on-one that the crowd is going to love, they're going to cheer and get up and yell. He's going to have that moment. And on the other end as well. He's a competitor. Still, at 37, he's picking up 94 feet sometimes when you watch the Lakers play.

Pau Gasol on the all star game

It should be more of a celebration about what he's given to the game and all his accomplishments. That's why I wanted to be a part of it. It's going to be emotional for me to see him. I hope he enjoys it. It's always fun to see him and to share this moment with him, this last dance with him.

Anthony Davis on the all star gaem

Anytime I'm on the floor and Kobe's on the floor and he asks for the ball, I'm giving it to him.

Derozen on the all star game

It's going to be big for me personally. Going out in something that's going to be in the history books and being a part of it in your hometown, it's definitely going to be big.

BigNBAfan
02-14-2016, 09:21 PM
LOL @ AD's response

Relinquish
02-15-2016, 12:35 AM
Draymond Greene

OP :facepalm

livingby3's
02-15-2016, 02:03 AM
Paul George giving credits, on the other hand...

John Wall

Jordan wanna-be

Chris Bosh

Kobe's old as shit

Russell Westbrook

Imma gonna chuck like Kobe

Demar Deozen

Why do u think my FG% been dipping

James Harden

I'm sad because there's no more SG I can actually defend.

Draymond Greene

lol that old fart's still around

Lamarcus Aldridge

Chuckers gonna chuck, one defender or three

Lebron James

Wearing chucker's shoe to play against another chucker

Dwyane Wade on the all star game

Let's own Kobe's ass before he retire

Pau Gasol on the all star game

Good riddance. Thanks for making me a scapegoat

Anthony Davis on the all star gaem

Ball-hog.