PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING : Clippers and Nuggets discussing trade deal involve with BLAKE GRIFFIN

imnew09
02-05-2016, 04:01 PM
Source 1 (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2614205-blake-griffin-trade-rumors-latest-news-speculation-on-clippers-star?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national)

Source 2 (http://thebiglead.com/2016/02/05/the-clippers-talked-to-the-nuggets-about-trading-blake-griffin/)

Source 3 (https://twitter.com/Mitch_Lawrence/status/695670813865992192?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)

For Galinari and fillers + picks?

We will take Blake. Do it MITCH!

Randle + Swaggy + Clarkson + Pick for Blake!!

Jud
02-05-2016, 04:04 PM
Why would Blake want to play for the Nuggets? He'd just opt out as soon as possible.

LakersDaBEst
02-05-2016, 04:04 PM
I would love to have Blake on the Lakers too

Lou + Nick + Randle + Pick ? I know this is not enough but it's all we got :cry:

Lou to backup CP3, Randle as pf

BlazerRed
02-05-2016, 04:05 PM
Has Griffin's value really dropped so much because of him punching some dude? I'd love for Griffin to come to Denver, maybe I'll get to see some interesting plays for once. Nuggets games are so boring, maybe 1 crappy dunk a game.

That being said, I can't remember the last time Griffin did an epic dunk. Dude plays too far from the basket these days.

imnew09
02-05-2016, 04:12 PM
Why would Blake want to play for the Nuggets? He'd just opt out as soon as possible.

Are ISH really that dumb sometimes... sh** just come out their mouth without knowledge...

Blake become UFA untill 2018 dumb a$$, so now he's locked to play whoever his boss sends him to.

Jud
02-05-2016, 04:34 PM
He has an ETO in 2017-18 dumb****.

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/los-angeles-clippers/blake-griffin/

He would play one full season for Denver and be out as soon as possible.

miggyme1
02-05-2016, 04:45 PM
Has Griffin's value really dropped so much because of him punching some dude? I'd love for Griffin to come to Denver, maybe I'll get to see some interesting plays for once. Nuggets games are so boring, maybe 1 crappy dunk a game.

That being said, I can't remember the last time Griffin did an epic dunk. Dude plays too far from the basket these days.

that's the maturation of a great player......we know blake can dunk...we don't need an epic dunk every game. surprise me with one in the playoffs with 3 seconds left to win the series. ya heard me?

that's whats seperates the greats from the average

r0drig0lac
02-05-2016, 04:51 PM

Lou + Nick + Randle + Pick ? I know this is not enough but it's all we got :cry:

Lou to backup CP3, Randle as pf
:lol

imnew09
02-05-2016, 04:51 PM
He has an ETO in 2017-18 dumb****.

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/los-angeles-clippers/blake-griffin/

He would play one full season for Denver and be out as soon as possible.

Btch we're barley in the midseason, plus another full season. Don't act like you can predict the future. Playing for Denver is better than the fken Clippers

NugzFan
02-05-2016, 05:04 PM
Btch we're barley in the midseason, plus another full season. Don't act like you can predict the future. Playing for Denver is better than the fken Clippers

this is true. :cheers:

Akrazotile
02-05-2016, 05:19 PM
Those sources :roll:

bdreason
02-05-2016, 05:21 PM
Could actually work for the Clipps.

Gallo + Barton + Nurkic for Blake.

CP3
Redick
Barton
Gallo
Jordan

Would Denver be willing to gut its current team for a Mudiay + Griffin + Jokic future?

pastis
02-05-2016, 05:23 PM
i wish we could offer clipps some shit for griffin. he would be perfect. dirk would be 6th man.

imnew09
02-05-2016, 05:25 PM

CP3
Redick
Barton
Gallo
Jordan

Would Denver be willing to gut its current team for a Mudiay + Griffin + Jokic future?

Don't count out faried. He's a hustler with great heart

bdreason
02-05-2016, 05:27 PM
Don't count out faried. He's a hustler with great heart

The problem with Faried is his salary. I'm sure Denver would like to move him, but they would have to take Stephenson back in the deal probably.

Levity
02-05-2016, 05:28 PM

CP3
Redick
Barton
Gallo
Jordan

damn. thats a nice return for the clipps. Nurkic has a lot of potential. hes currently out of shape due to his knee injury, so his numbers look pedestrian. but his per minute numbers are very nice and hes honestly really skilled. and then they get their best SF in YEARS and a candidate for 6MOTY.

damn

BlazerRed
02-05-2016, 05:34 PM
Denver is actually a cool city too. If he wants to win it's obviously not the place right now though.

FreezingTsmoove
02-05-2016, 05:38 PM
Galinari as a stretch 4 is lethal

Blake and Mudiay would be :eek:

$LakerGold
02-05-2016, 05:39 PM
I was all for Blake & cheering & hoping for him to improve with Clippers, but no way in hell I want him in a Lakers uniform. Would trade for him if he was the potential missing & last piece, but to start with him? F* that. There's a huge difference.

imnew09
02-05-2016, 05:39 PM
Denver is actually a cool city too. If he wants to win it's obviously not the place right now though.

Yea that's true but with the rumors of trading him and clippers doing better without him surely have an effect on his view on switching to a different environment

$LakerGold
02-05-2016, 05:40 PM
Galinari as a stretch 4 is lethal

Blake and Mudiay would be :eek:
Limited? ....Why would Blake Griffin & Mudiay be dangerous if that's what you're implying?

FreezingTsmoove
02-05-2016, 05:42 PM
Limited? ....Why would Blake Griffin & Mudiay be dangerous if that's what you're implying?

Because they are great basketball players

$LakerGold
02-05-2016, 05:45 PM
The Clippers are like the '13 Pacers mentally, one guy out -- nothing to lose situation with Granger out for the season, used it as motivation, so they gunned it all out & ended up in the ECF. Struggled the next year with no source of motivation or expectation (of how exciting next year is going to be with Granger back in the lineup).

$LakerGold
02-05-2016, 05:46 PM
Because they are great basketball players
Okay.

senelcoolidge
02-05-2016, 05:49 PM
People like to hate on Blake, but they would give up anything to have him on their team. :oldlol:

Haymaker
02-05-2016, 06:26 PM
Faried? :applause:

clipps
02-05-2016, 06:40 PM
The Clippers end up taking a nose dive in the rebounding department. Ironic since I live in Denver. I know fans here would be excited for a guy like Griffin.

NugzFan
02-05-2016, 06:46 PM
The problem with Faried is his salary. I'm sure Denver would like to move him, but they would have to take Stephenson back in the deal probably.

How much does faried make?

kurple
02-05-2016, 07:02 PM

nuggets have been playing pretty good and entertaining basketball this season when healthy

Lebronxrings
02-05-2016, 07:10 PM
mark my words, if the clippers trade griffin they will fall. Griffin is easily the best player in the clippers and leads this team. Clippers look great now only because they have played crap teams and have been on a hotstreak. Come playoff time, these clippers will burn and choke without a star player to bail them out.

SwishSquared
02-05-2016, 07:11 PM
I told people 2 weeks ago that if LAC moves Blake it's to get Gallo, Barton, and at least 1 more wing + a first.

Clippers should stay away from Faried- they have like no use for him if you trade Blake because he won't play well next to DJ (and he's worse than DJ, so no point to him on this roster). He's a backup making $12M/year going forward. Gallo would be a good "fit" replacement because you're committing to smallball if you trade Griffin. However, he has an ETO in summer '17, so you risk losing a worse player after trading your superstar, so you need some extra stuff.

The homerun, non-KD trade for the Clippers is to send Griffin + Crawford to Boston for Bradley, Crowder, and Boston's 1st. '16 Brooklyn pick + Philly's '16 2nd rounder + David Lee to Denver. Gallo + Barton to the Clippers.

Also think that they should send Lance to the Suns for Markieff to get a traditionally sized PF off the bench.

CP3-Redick-Crowder-Gallo-DJ
Rivers-Bradley-Barton-Morris-Aldrich

Draft a rim protecting big man with either the Boston or LAC pick this year to be DJ's backup going forward (or try to sign Biyombo this summer...). That's how they should remake that roster if you move Blake. Backup C would still be a relative problem, but you at least upgrade your rotation,

dunksby
02-05-2016, 07:12 PM
Blake is the new team cancer, messes up team chemistry, instigates fights, and team doesn't miss a beat with him out for 20 games.

BlazerRed
02-05-2016, 07:51 PM
mark my words, if the clippers trade griffin they will fall. Griffin is easily the best player in the clippers and leads this team. Clippers look great now only because they have played crap teams and have been on a hotstreak. Come playoff time, these clippers will burn and choke without a star player to bail them out.

They have CP3 to carry them.. until the last 5 minutes when he inevitably chokes :lol

buddha
02-05-2016, 07:51 PM
Faried / Arthur / Chandler for Griffin would be a great trade for both teams.

Clippers get some PF's and a solid starter at SF for next year (Chandler will be back next year and healthy.) I think the Clipps would have to add a scrub like CJ Wilcox to match salaries but that wouldn't hold up any talks.

Chris Paul / Austin Rivers
JJ Redick / Jamal Crawford
Wilson Chandler / Wesley Johnson
Kenneth Faried / Darrell Arthur
DeAndre Jordan / Cole Audrich

is a great roster for 2017 and Paul Pierce / Wesley Johnson / Lance Stephenson should atleast be serviceable for 2016

--

Emmanual Mudiay / Jameer Nelson
Gary Harris / Randy Foye
Dannilo Gallinari / Will Barton
Blake Griffin / JJ Hickson
Nikola Jokic / Jusif Nurkic / King Joffrey

if Mudiya develops into a John Wall level player this could be a very dangerous squad.

NugzFan
02-05-2016, 08:08 PM
The Clippers end up taking a nose dive in the rebounding department. Ironic since I live in Denver. I know fans here would be excited for a guy like Griffin.

But at what cost?

kamil
02-05-2016, 08:11 PM

Hasn't your team had enough winning seasons? It's about time for you guys to stop feeling entitled.

outbreak
02-05-2016, 08:19 PM
orlando sends harris, frye and fournier
clippers send blake and stephenson

orlando move frye's deal (which is rumour we have had a lot of interest in), fournier before needing to re sign him and harris which alows Gordon to move to small forward. Stephenson is a guy i imagine clips would like to dump and his handling could be useful in orlando (even though I don't like him). Frye would fit in LA because he is still one of the better stretch fours and next to DJ his defensive issues become manageable. Harris is a starting three for them on a decent deal under the upcoming cap, fournier will give them a legit piece off the bench or if he gets going again can replace redick.

I hate blake but I could see the deal working for both teams

Jud
02-05-2016, 08:21 PM
Faried / Arthur / Chandler for Griffin would be a great trade for both teams.

Clippers get some PF's and a solid starter at SF for next year (Chandler will be back next year and healthy.) I think the Clipps would have to add a scrub like CJ Wilcox to match salaries but that wouldn't hold up any talks.

Chris Paul / Austin Rivers
JJ Redick / Jamal Crawford
Wilson Chandler / Wesley Johnson
Kenneth Faried / Darrell Arthur
DeAndre Jordan / Cole Audrich

is a great roster for 2017 and Paul Pierce / Wesley Johnson / Lance Stephenson should atleast be serviceable for 2016

--

Emmanual Mudiay / Jameer Nelson
Gary Harris / Randy Foye
Dannilo Gallinari / Will Barton
Blake Griffin / JJ Hickson
Nikola Jokic / Jusif Nurkic / King Joffrey

if Mudiya develops into a John Wall level player this could be a very dangerous squad.
are you trolling?

buddha
02-05-2016, 08:21 PM

orlando move frye's deal (which is rumour we have had a lot of interest in), fournier before needing to re sign him and harris which alows Gordon to move to small forward. Stephenson is a guy i imagine clips would like to dump and his handling could be useful in orlando (even though I don't like him). Frye would fit in LA because he is still one of the better stretch fours and next to DJ his defensive issues become manageable. Harris is a starting three for them on a decent deal under the upcoming cap, fournier will give them a legit piece off the bench or if he gets going again can replace redick.

what are the Magic going to do with Aaron Gordon? Gordon isn't a SF.

buddha
02-05-2016, 08:22 PM
are you trolling?

your life is a troll.

outbreak
02-05-2016, 08:25 PM
what are the Magic going to do with Aaron Gordon? Gordon isn't a SF.

Gordon plays minutes at the three and at times he's looked more natural there his offence at the moment isn't post play it's cuts and drives that start out side and run in put backs. His three point shooting just needs to continue it's upward trend. Defensively the three is probably his best place. Gordon's actually shooting a better % from three than Harris is this season too. Granted he takes less.

Truth
02-05-2016, 09:17 PM
What a joke the Clippers are some things NEVER change

senelcoolidge
02-05-2016, 09:51 PM
Doc deals Blake and the Clippers would be in utter ruin. That franchise has finally gotten somewhere and just that move would set them back. They would still be better than current lakers though.

Spurs m8
02-05-2016, 09:57 PM
You can pretty much guarantee they won't trade Blake right now

All Net
02-05-2016, 10:32 PM
Clippers aren't interested

Truth
02-05-2016, 11:16 PM

Worst fyckin trade proposal ever in the fyckin land of fyckin horrible trades

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
02-05-2016, 11:18 PM
Gallo, Nurkic or Jokic and Chandler sounds good to me:applause: :applause:

Jud
02-05-2016, 11:34 PM
If I was Doc the discussion would start with Gallo, Barton, and either Nurkic or Jokic. If Doc had any brains he'd know to stay away from Faried and pairing him with DJ.

kurple
02-06-2016, 12:53 AM
If I was Doc the discussion would start with Gallo, Barton, and either Nurkic or Jokic. If Doc had any brains he'd know to stay away from Faried and pairing him with DJ.
i think the Clippers are calling the Nuggets about Gallo, not the other way around

Make it Foye or Nelson instead of Barton or Faried instead of Nurk or Jokic. and the memphis or portland pick

SwishSquared
02-06-2016, 12:58 AM
i think the Clippers are calling the Nuggets about Gallo, not the other way around

Make it Foye or Nelson instead of Barton or Faried instead of Nurk or Jokic. and the memphis or portland pickThat's really unrealistic imo. People don't want Faried as a starter on a team that wants a deep playoff run. Foye and Nelson are 3rd stringers on a good team.

You really think you're getting a top-10 guy for Faried/Gallo/Foye and a mid-1st rounder? And the only guy signed long term of those 4 is Faried, who doesn't work on the Clippers unless he's an overpaid backup.

And the Nuggets asked about Blake, from some reports, not Doc seeking out a deal. Of course he's got good media connections so maybe he had them spin the story.

NugzFan
02-06-2016, 01:24 AM
unfortunately, if blake isnt willing to resign in denver, the offers will match that. im completely ok walking away from a blake-to-denver discussion. hes not a savior.

does LA expect us to gut our team for 1.5 years of blake and most likely very few added wins?

lilandywiggins
02-06-2016, 01:38 AM
lol, this trade ain't happening.

Clifton
02-06-2016, 04:17 PM
You really think you're getting a top-10 guy for Faried/Gallo/Foye and a mid-1st rounder? And the only guy signed long term of those 4 is Faried, who doesn't work on the Clippers unless he's an overpaid backup.
I hear what you're saying, but I wouldn't be surprised if the trade made the Clippers better.

Faried, although tragically poor on defense (a player like him really needs to do more than score, because he ain't that good at it), is an awesome off-ball sparkplug for Chris Paul to pass to. I think that's the direction the Clippers should go in if they don't like Griffin any more.

I've seen him make some nice passes as well. the hi-lo with Jordan would continue.

I love Gallo on the Clippers. Their woes at the 3 would come to an end, and while Blake is good, his skillset takes away from the Paul/Reddick/Jordan thing the Clippers have going. It's confusing to a team to have too many incompatible good players. No one knows what to do when crunch time comes around. There needs to be a clear pecking order.

imnew09
02-06-2016, 04:23 PM
UGh DOc shut this down.

Duumb. Gallo would be great fit + spacing.

2nd round bound

Fallen Angel
02-06-2016, 04:31 PM
So many lowball offers in this thread.

CakeorDeath
02-06-2016, 05:26 PM
Blake for Derrick Favors straight up.

I love Favors, but this would improve both teams. Derrick can be a pick and pop guy with Paul and can keep the lane open on O for DJ. Defensively, the Clips would be a monster at the rim, with two of the top 10 shot blockers in the league.

Jazz would give up some defense but would get significantly better offensively. Between the three scoring wings, Blake playing the power game, and Gobert providing elite defense, the Jazz would be a decent point guard from true contention. Mike Conley is a FA this summer and would be perfect.

Fallen Angel
02-06-2016, 05:38 PM
Blake is better than Favors, getting him straight up would be a steal for Utah. Adding in Burks sort of equals out the value, but he's out and even at 100% health the Clippers can find a better package.

SwishSquared
02-06-2016, 05:52 PM
I hear what you're saying, but I wouldn't be surprised if the trade made the Clippers better.

Faried, although tragically poor on defense (a player like him really needs to do more than score, because he ain't that good at it), is an awesome off-ball sparkplug for Chris Paul to pass to. I think that's the direction the Clippers should go in if they don't like Griffin any more.

I've seen him make some nice passes as well. the hi-lo with Jordan would continue.

I love Gallo on the Clippers. Their woes at the 3 would come to an end, and while Blake is good, his skillset takes away from the Paul/Reddick/Jordan thing the Clippers have going. It's confusing to a team to have too many incompatible good players. No one knows what to do when crunch time comes around. There needs to be a clear pecking order.I understand your viewpoints, but I think I have a different mindset of what the Clippers should do if they move on from Blake.

Gallo would be a great fit at PF for the Clippers. He obviously can play the 3, but if you move Griffin, you commit to playing a small ball 4 30mpg. Otherwise you're better off keeping him. They won't find a floor spacing PF that can competently play D if they move BG, so you need a top end 3&D SF and a shot-creating PF with 3 point range. I actually think Gallo's optimal position is PF nowadays.

Because of this, you'd play Faried, essentially, as the 1st big off the bench. He's a great garbage bucket guy and energy sparkplug, but he doesn't space the floor or protect the rim. He can't play in crunchtime on the Clippers imo.

If you deal Grffin to the Nuggets, you have to get back Barton, Gallo, Arthur, and Lauvergne for sure. And that doesn't account for any draft assets. It's a high price, but BG is a top 10 player.

barkleynash
02-06-2016, 07:31 PM
would love the Celtics to cash in some of their chips. 1 of their young bigs, Crowder and Bradley and the brooklyn pick and a couple more if need be. Hell, might as well throw in Lee or Amir too and take back Lance too if it helps grease the wheels

Lebowski
02-06-2016, 07:34 PM
would love the Celtics to cash in some of their chips. 1 of their young bigs, Crowder and Bradley and the brooklyn pick and a couple more if need be. Hell, might as well throw in Lee or Amir too and take back Lance too if it helps grease the wheels

No, no, and no.

$LakerGold
02-06-2016, 07:41 PM
CP3 excels in a shooting team. I don't know how you can have Faried at 4 & Wilson Chandler at 3................................................. .................................................. ..................................................

Take a page out of every champions depth chart in today's era, all stretch 4's, it would only take a player like Lebron to have a Tristan Thompson at 5 to 4 on rotation.