PDA

View Full Version : Damian Lillard is putting up 24/4/7 and got snubbed for the ASG

Inferno
01-28-2016, 07:27 PM
:facepalm

Putting this quote in so you guys can see my reasoning for Lillard over Klay:

Honestly, I'd have taken him over Klay. Lillard stepped up this year as the leader of his team and has them in the playoff mix after losing 4 of their 5 starters. Klay wouldn't perform as well as Lillard if he had to lead his own team :confusedshrug:

That's not a slight to Klay, either. There's two extremes on this board where people either think that Curry is some god leading a bunch of scrubs, or that Curry wouldn't be shit without them, and both of them are false. Klay is a very good player but he obviously benefits from playing next to the MVP and other players like Draymond, whereas Lillard is the guy making the rest of his teammates play better. I remember seeing CJ McCollum's stats with Lillard on the court versus off, and man was there a difference!

Anotha 1

:applause: to Klay for going on a tear lately, but the guy is assisted on 93% of his threes (per basketball reference), whereas Lillard is only assisted on 49% of his. Overall Klay's assisted on 81% of his shots to Lillard's 31%. Imagine how much Lillard would benefit from playing next to Steph in the backcourt :confusedshrug:

Agreed with the Klay over LMA though :cheers:

no pun intended
01-28-2016, 07:34 PM
Well, what guard (other than Kobe) would you replace with Lillard? It's a tough choice, but not everyone wins unfortunately.

SugarHill
01-28-2016, 07:35 PM
Well, what guard (other than Kobe) would you replace with Lillard? It's a tough choice, but not everyone wins unfortunately.
None

Inferno
01-28-2016, 07:36 PM

Honestly, I'd have taken him over Klay. Lillard stepped up this year as the leader of his team and has them in the playoff mix after losing 4 of their 5 starters. Klay wouldn't perform as well as Lillard if he had to lead his own team :confusedshrug:

That's not a slight to Klay, either. There's two extremes on this board where people either think that Curry is some god leading a bunch of scrubs, or that Curry wouldn't be shit without them, and both of them are false. Klay is a very good player but he obviously benefits from playing next to the MVP and other players like Draymond, whereas Lillard is the guy making the rest of his teammates play better. I remember seeing CJ McCollum's stats with Lillard on the court versus off, and man was there a difference!

no pun intended
01-28-2016, 07:38 PM
Lol didn't realize they're in the playoff mix, as of now. Well shit, ya I would take him over Klay as well.

Fallen Angel
01-28-2016, 07:39 PM
The Blazers are on the bubble of being in the lottery and the 8th seed. That's not much to brag about compared to the second best scorer on an All-Time great team who are looking to finish with the best record in league history.

Inferno
01-28-2016, 07:40 PM
The Blazers are on the bubble of being in the lottery and the 8th seed. That's not much to brag about compared to the second best scorer on an All-Time great team who are looking to finish with the best record in league history.

So now the ASG is determined on your team's success? :coleman:

TripleA
I would of put him over Klay. He might have a case over Lamarcus but the Spurs are too good.

Mass Debator
I mean Klay's been averaging 24/4/2 on 47/43% the past two months but yeah Lillard deserves it over him and Klay deserves it over LMA.

Inferno
01-28-2016, 07:43 PM
I mean Klay's been averaging 24/4/2 on 47/43% the past two months but yeah Lillard deserves it over him and Klay deserves it over LMA.

:applause: to Klay for going on a tear lately, but the guy is assisted on 93% of his threes (per basketball reference), whereas Lillard is only assisted on 49% of his. Overall Klay's assisted on 81% of his shots to Lillard's 31%. Imagine how much Lillard would benefit from playing next to Steph in the backcourt...Lillard is to McCollum what Steph is to Klay; a star PG that enhances Klay/CJ's already impressive play. :confusedshrug:

Agreed with the Klay over LMA though :cheers:

Legends66NBA7
01-28-2016, 07:49 PM
Yeah, he should have made it. Only one I see as the biggest snub.

TripleA
01-28-2016, 07:52 PM
Klay's defense has regressed this year plus if you put Klay instead of Lillard on the Blazers they're either the same or worse.

Inferno
01-28-2016, 07:55 PM
Klay's defense has regressed this year plus if you put Klay instead of Lillard on the Blazers they're either the same or worse.

Definitely worse.

Fallen Angel
01-28-2016, 07:58 PM
When didn't team success count for coach's votes?

I'd personally leave out Anthony Davis who has been a huge disappointment, I'd rather have Lillard, Dirk, or someone from Memphis over AD.

Thunderfan86
01-28-2016, 07:58 PM
He'll probably just write another letter so I'm pretty sure he'll get in one way or another

dhsilv
01-28-2016, 08:04 PM

That has always been a factor...

Hopper15
01-28-2016, 08:13 PM

+1

who cares what Lillard is doing on a crappy fringe 8th seed.

Inferno
01-28-2016, 08:17 PM
+1

who cares what Lillard is doing on a crappy fringe 8th seed.

:biggums:

Who cares what Cousin's doing on a crappy fringe 8th seed? Who cares what AD's doing on a shitty lottery team? Who cares what John Wall's doing on a crappy 8th seed?

:coleman:

SwishSquared
01-28-2016, 08:17 PM
The Warriors need 3 All-Stars based on how historically good this team is. It stinks Lillard's getting snubbed, but as others said, his team is on the fringe of making the playoffs.

Fallen Angel
01-28-2016, 08:22 PM
Don't get riled up about Lillard not being an All-Star.

I'm sure majority of knowledgeable NBA fans and analyst would think Lillard is more deserving than Davis to be in the ASG.

Hopper15
01-28-2016, 08:24 PM
:biggums:

Who cares what Cousin's doing on a crappy fringe 8th seed? Who cares what AD's doing on a shitty lottery team? Who cares what John Wall's doing on a crappy 8th seed?

:coleman:

I don't care about any of those players. So you got me.

Inferno
01-28-2016, 08:28 PM
Don't get riled up about Lillard not being an All-Star.

I'm sure majority of knowledgeable NBA fans and analyst would think Lillard is more deserving than Davis to be in the ASG.

Yeah, I'm just a little bummed. Lillard's my favorite player not on the Dubs, and I've been following him since he was drafted (he's from Oakland, baby! :banana:); sucks seeing him snubbed when he's having his best season so far :confusedshrug:

RoseCity07
01-28-2016, 08:29 PM
Has any other NBA starter player lost 4 starters in one off season and made the playoffs the next. He has Portland in the 8th spot even when he lost an entire playoff roster.

NugzFan
01-28-2016, 08:39 PM
He'll probably just write another letter so I'm pretty sure he'll get in one way or another

Yeah I was gonna ask about this. Didn't he whine in a past season and then get on the team?

coin24
01-28-2016, 08:42 PM
He only really has a case over Davis.. But that's the leagues golden boy :oldlol:

JimmyMcAdocious
Lillard gonna be this era's Monta.

RoseCity07
Lillard gonna be this era's Monta.

He already made the team twice though.

The_Yearning
01-28-2016, 08:50 PM
Somebody will be pulled from injury and he will be selected.

Genaro
01-28-2016, 08:51 PM
Lillard should be there over Klay but coaches weight to much team success when voting. Dirk over LMA was also possible.

GrapeApe
01-28-2016, 08:56 PM
If Lillard continues his stellar play and leads the Blazers to the playoffs he'll probably make an all-NBA team, which is more prestigious than being an all-star.

I think the league should make some type of roster exception for all-time greats in their final season. Just make them honorary all-stars and remove them from the ballot.

I understand that undeserving players being voted in isn't exactly a new thing, but 99% of the time it's a player who would be selected as a reserve or a player who is injured and therefore replaced. In other words, it doesn't take a roster spot from a deserving player. A case like Kobe this season is extremely rare.

1987_Lakers
01-28-2016, 08:56 PM
Lillard should have made it over Aldridge.

Klay has averaged 24 PPG in the last 25 games.

But lets be real here, Kobe is the player that shouldn't have made it. If Kobe decided to not play due to how awful of a player he is, Lillard would not be a snub.