PDA

View Full Version : Possible Suns trade options?

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
01-23-2016, 10:44 PM
As everybody knows this season is a loss cause... They're not going anywhere but the draft lottery. There are a few players that I'd like to see them move because I don't think they fit into the Suns future.

I'd love to see Morris gone... I'm just tired of his shit and I think he's dogging it out there because he doesn't want to be here.

Chandler is another player I'd like to see be moved. He's been a huge disappointment and that outrageous contract doesn't help.

Brandon Knight is a player I don't see being in our future plans either. He's a talented player but we don't need him playing SG and I'd rather keep Bledsoe... Even despite his history of injuries. Bledsoe is a better passer, better defender and just overall a better floor general.

PJ Tucker... I love his hustle and toughness but I think he'd have to be included in any of the trades to make the other players more enticing to other teams considering a trade.

Knight would be the only player I'd want equal value in return for a grade... As for Morris and Chandler I'd just be happy to see anybody take them regardless of what the Suns go in return.

Does anybody think there is any possibility of other teams interested in any of the mentioned players? Maybe a team looking to add that one more piece to make a playoff push.

Prime_Shaq
01-23-2016, 11:43 PM
Anybody is movable except for Devin Booker, Alex Len and Bledsoe/Knight (Pick one). I personally want to see Knight go, Tyson can be kept on as a locker room leader and mentor. Markieff has GO TO GO. It'll be addition by subtraction, take ANYTHING for him.

FreezingTsmoove
01-23-2016, 11:52 PM
Devin Booker for LebRon

Who says no?

Prime_Shaq
01-23-2016, 11:57 PM
Devin Booker for LebRon

Who says no?
Suns

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
01-24-2016, 12:06 AM
Anybody is movable except for Devin Booker, Alex Len and Bledsoe/Knight (Pick one). I personally want to see Knight go, Tyson can be kept on as a locker room leader and mentor. Markieff has GO TO GO. It'll be addition by subtraction, take ANYTHING for him.yes absolutely Morris has to go... We'd probably end up have to give up something good just to get somebody to take him lol.

I'd also say TJ Warren is a player I'd want to keep along with DB, Bled and Len.
We just need a solid PF that can rebound and score in the paint... We will probably end up addressing that position thru the draft. I doubt we make any huge blockbuster trades but I have a gut feeling that Morris will be out of here by the trade deadline. I just wish it would be sooner than later... Because the longer we wait the more his value goes down which will mean we will probably have to entice another team with a draft pick, cash or something else to take him.

highwhey
01-24-2016, 12:06 AM
Markief is out there beating up people and he's still somehow on the team. I know he may be difficult to trade but damn :biggums:

el gringos
01-24-2016, 12:51 AM
Archie Goodwin and Morris
For
Cleanthony early and Calderon, and 2018 1st

livingby3's
01-24-2016, 01:28 AM
Anybody is movable except for Devin Booker, Alex Len and Bledsoe/Knight (Pick one). I personally want to see Knight go, Tyson can be kept on as a locker room leader and mentor. Markieff has GO TO GO. It'll be addition by subtraction, take ANYTHING for him.

Knight must go. He's really a cancer

HylianNightmare
01-24-2016, 01:36 AM
Tobias harris and Nicholson or napier filler for knight and keef.

livingby3's
01-24-2016, 02:03 AM
Knight and Morris

Package them up and send them somewhere, dont care what we get back for them

I like the idea of Bledsoe - Booker backcourt, Bledsoes defense can help mask Bookers lack of defense

what do you guys think of firing Hornacek after the season and pursuing Blatt?

Hornacek contract expire after this season, obviously the Suns will not be extending him. I want to see the Suns get a more experienced head coach, who preach ball movement and defense. I dont really think Blatt fits the roster we have.

Booker ain't exactly bad at defense, though he has lots of room for improvement. I want Bledsoe to stay as well. Dont think we can get a better pg other than maybe Mike Conley, who should have no interest in a rebuilding team.

Prime_Shaq
01-24-2016, 02:10 AM
Hornacek contract expire after this season, obviously the Suns will not be extending him. I want to see the Suns get a more experienced head coach, who preach ball movement and defense. I dont really think Blatt fits the roster we have.

Booker ain't exactly bad at defense, though he has lots of room for improvement. I want Bledsoe to stay as well. Dont think we can get a better pg other than maybe Mike Conley, who should have no interest in a rebuilding team.
Would you say Thibs might be a good fit?

livingby3's
01-24-2016, 02:44 AM
Would you say Thibs might be a good fit?

He's first on my list.

el gringos
01-24-2016, 03:02 AM
Bledsoe OR Knight + a 10 million dollar player

Is much better than

Mike Conley

DMAVS41
01-24-2016, 11:20 AM
I still like some version of a huge trade between the Cavs and Suns.

Suns would just cut Tyson and Morris if this was the NFL and contracts weren't guaranteed....and the Cavs would actually like them

Something like;

Knight, Tyson, Morris, Booker for;

Love, Mozgov, Andy V, Haywood

It seems like a lot at first, but when you realize Tyson/Morris have literally negative value for the Suns...the trade is basically;

Knight and Booker for Love and Mozgov

Seems like a win for both franchises....the Suns shed all that bad money and get a all nba type player to pair with Bledsoe. They also would get back the Haywood contract which could be used again to acquire a player a team is looking to shed...I think...not for sure that contract could be moved again, but I think it could.

While the Cavs get the type of players that fit better on the team if they want to play fast like Lue says...and a young player that is a great shooter to play on the wing in Booker

Meticode
01-24-2016, 11:22 AM
Good luck moving Tyson Chandler anytime soon. He's getting paid $13 million this year, then the next 3 years after, no options.

DMAVS41
01-24-2016, 11:26 AM
Good luck moving Tyson Chandler anytime soon. He's getting paid $13 million this year, then the next 3 years after, no options.

True...a team like the Cavs might take him though. He makes sense for them and money is really no issue for Gilbert obviously.

Meticode
01-24-2016, 11:30 AM
True...a team like the Cavs might take him though. He makes sense for them and money is really no issue for Gilbert obviously.
Probably, I don't give a sh!t. **** the Cavs.

Jameerthefear
01-24-2016, 11:30 AM
the suns aren't going to include booker

beastee
01-24-2016, 11:32 AM
the suns aren't going to include booker
Yeah, I actually agree with the logic here DMAVS, but NO WAY is booker going anywhere. Controlled for too long, and homegrown.

DMAVS41
01-24-2016, 11:37 AM
Yeah, I actually agree with the logic here DMAVS, but NO WAY is booker going anywhere. Controlled for too long, and homegrown.

You think the Suns would turn down Love/Mozgov for Knight/Booker?

With the ability to shed the 21 million a year tied up in Tyson/Morris for the next 3 years after this one?

I really like Booker, but I'm not sure the Suns could turn that down. The team is a complete mess and with those two guys making 21 million a year for 3 more years...it would be hard to turn down a trade getting back a legit all nba player.

Now, if there are other options without Booker....I'm all for it, but the Suns should be trying 24/7 to move some of these guys.

SwishSquared
01-24-2016, 01:25 PM
You think the Suns would turn down Love/Mozgov for Knight/Booker?

With the ability to shed the 21 million a year tied up in Tyson/Morris for the next 3 years after this one?

I really like Booker, but I'm not sure the Suns could turn that down. The team is a complete mess and with those two guys making 21 million a year for 3 more years...it would be hard to turn down a trade getting back a legit all nba player.

Now, if there are other options without Booker....I'm all for it, but the Suns should be trying 24/7 to move some of these guys.Sarver is still a cheapskate, so I think he definitely would force a deal to include Booker. Especially since Tyson and Morris are both such net negative players for the Suns.

I have a slightly different trade to propose based on yours:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hvtm9va

Cleveland also receives their own 2016 1st round pick back (since it was sent to Boston, then to Phoenix) and Phoenix's 2016 1st round pick unprotected.

Varajao would be waived and join CLE's front office (he has ~$15M guaranteed left on his contract).

By doing these moves, CLE slightly reduces its payroll and tax obligations, gain a budding offensive stud in Booker, gain 2 picks, and bring in somebody who can start right away in Tucker. This trade also preserves the Haywood TPE and Mozgov's expiring (for another move) for Cleveland. Since they moved Haywood to Portland prior to the season, they can't trade that contract anymore- it's just a one-time TPE.

Kyrie-JR-LeBron-Tucker-Mozgov
Delly-Booker-Shump-Morris-TT
Williams-Jefferson-Jones-Kaun-Chandler

Bosnian Sajo
01-24-2016, 01:48 PM
wtf was the point of signing Chandler to that huge contract? Dude is playing his worst year of his career, his FG% fell by more than 20% from last season :eek:

13m a season for the next 4, and he's 33 years old. I bet no one else offered him nearly as much, he himself was probably shocked when he got the offer.

DMAVS41
01-24-2016, 01:59 PM
Sarver is still a cheapskate, so I think he definitely would force a deal to include Booker. Especially since Tyson and Morris are both such net negative players for the Suns.

I have a slightly different trade to propose based on yours:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hvtm9va

Cleveland also receives their own 2016 1st round pick back (since it was sent to Boston, then to Phoenix) and Phoenix's 2016 1st round pick unprotected.

Varajao would be waived and join CLE's front office (he has ~$15M guaranteed left on his contract).

By doing these moves, CLE slightly reduces its payroll and tax obligations, gain a budding offensive stud in Booker, gain 2 picks, and bring in somebody who can start right away in Tucker. This trade also preserves the Haywood TPE and Mozgov's expiring (for another move) for Cleveland. Since they moved Haywood to Portland prior to the season, they can't trade that contract anymore- it's just a one-time TPE.

Kyrie-JR-LeBron-Tucker-Mozgov
Delly-Booker-Shump-Morris-TT
Williams-Jefferson-Jones-Kaun-Chandler

I like your trade better than mine. Tucker is a good fit.

I doubt Cleveland can get back the Suns pick this year with that trade though.

I'd do that deal if I'm Cleveland without getting the Suns pick though.

Good trade for both teams imo....especially if Lue is going to commit to playing fast. Love really isn't going to fit well into that because the Cavs cant go small with him at the 5.

SwishSquared
01-24-2016, 02:28 PM
I like your trade better than mine. Tucker is a good fit.

I doubt Cleveland can get back the Suns pick this year with that trade though.

I'd do that deal if I'm Cleveland without getting the Suns pick though.

Good trade for both teams imo....especially if Lue is going to commit to playing fast. Love really isn't going to fit well into that because the Cavs cant go small with him at the 5.Thanks for the feedback man.

You're probably right re: the Suns pick. I just feel like the Cavs would need something else of note to justify taking on both Chandler and Morris since they have so little trade value. I mean They're essentially swapping out paying Chandler/Morris for Love, adding in a promising late lotto rookie, an average-ish starter in Tucker, and a bottom 5 1st round pick.

Do you think the Suns would toss in one/both of the MIA picks gained from the Dragic trade? I think the Cavs need one more positive draft asset or young player for it to even out if the Suns' pick is off the table. What about a 2017 1st round pick swap if only 1 MIA pick is included?

I also agree that if CLE doesn't want to play in a way that actually optimizes Love's strengths (and minimizes his weaknesses), they may as well go all-in around LBJ/Kyrie, as short-sighted as that may seem. It's a reasonable argument to suggest that Love can't play crunch time against either the Warriors or Spurs, and shouldn't even be on the floor when Curry is playing. 1/4 PnR with Kyrie/Love defending is a doormat to open shots for the offense against the Dubs/Spurs.

Mike smith
01-24-2016, 02:34 PM
Steve Novak expiring contract josh huestis and second round pick for pj tucker

ortonsaw
01-24-2016, 02:50 PM
Sorry but booker aint going nowhere cavs fans

DMAVS41
01-24-2016, 03:36 PM
Sorry but booker aint going nowhere cavs fans

He would be if the Cavs were willing to take back both Tyson and Morris.

Suns would be stupid not to do the above trade/s

DMAVS41
01-24-2016, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the feedback man.

You're probably right re: the Suns pick. I just feel like the Cavs would need something else of note to justify taking on both Chandler and Morris since they have so little trade value. I mean They're essentially swapping out paying Chandler/Morris for Love, adding in a promising late lotto rookie, an average-ish starter in Tucker, and a bottom 5 1st round pick.

Do you think the Suns would toss in one/both of the MIA picks gained from the Dragic trade? I think the Cavs need one more positive draft asset or young player for it to even out if the Suns' pick is off the table. What about a 2017 1st round pick swap if only 1 MIA pick is included?

I also agree that if CLE doesn't want to play in a way that actually optimizes Love's strengths (and minimizes his weaknesses), they may as well go all-in around LBJ/Kyrie, as short-sighted as that may seem. It's a reasonable argument to suggest that Love can't play crunch time against either the Warriors or Spurs, and shouldn't even be on the floor when Curry is playing. 1/4 PnR with Kyrie/Love defending is a doormat to open shots for the offense against the Dubs/Spurs.

I think if the Cavs included Mozgov in the deal they might be able to get back the Miami pick. The Suns don't need Moz, but they could flip him for something or get a 3rd team in the deal that wants him. Someone would give up something for Moz at the deadline if the team needed him.

And the Cavs wouldn't care much about losing him if they are trying to play fast and they get Tyson.

Yes, if the Cavs are going to play fast. Love has no real fit on this team. Also, you are exactly right about the Spurs and Warriors. I still think Love can be effective in those potential series, but he'd have to play on the 2nd unit and only play roughly 18 minutes a game unless he was cooking.

So, if it's title or bust for the Cavs...holding onto Love...who has a terrible matchup against both teams you'll almost for sure face in the finals...plus you might turn into an up and down team...I see no reason to keep Love.

Love/Kyrie aren't winning anything when Lebron is done anyway imo...so it's not a huge loss for the future under this scenario.

There are other options for trades out there of course, but if the Cavs really are all in. Doing this and then using the Haywood exception to add something else now or this summer really gives them a 2 to 3 year window to be as good as anyone...even the Spurs/Warriors.

Lebron is just going to have to suck it up and play a lot more at the 4. It gives his team by far the best chance to win...Lue obviously knows this...

HoopSuperstar
01-24-2016, 03:54 PM
Tyson Chandler is a stud when healthy. He brings hustle, heart, and the energy teams need to strive through adversity.

SwishSquared
01-24-2016, 04:06 PM
I think if the Cavs included Mozgov in the deal they might be able to get back the Miami pick. The Suns don't need Moz, but they could flip him for something or get a 3rd team in the deal that wants him. Someone would give up something for Moz at the deadline if the team needed him.

And the Cavs wouldn't care much about losing him if they are trying to play fast and they get Tyson.

Yes, if the Cavs are going to play fast. Love has no real fit on this team. Also, you are exactly right about the Spurs and Warriors. I still think Love can be effective in those potential series, but he'd have to play on the 2nd unit and only play roughly 18 minutes a game unless he was cooking.

So, if it's title or bust for the Cavs...holding onto Love...who has a terrible matchup against both teams you'll almost for sure face in the finals...plus you might turn into an up and down team...I see no reason to keep Love.

Love/Kyrie aren't winning anything when Lebron is done anyway imo...so it's not a huge loss for the future under this scenario.

There are other options for trades out there of course, but if the Cavs really are all in. Doing this and then using the Haywood exception to add something else now or this summer really gives them a 2 to 3 year window to be as good as anyone...even the Spurs/Warriors.

Lebron is just going to have to suck it up and play a lot more at the 4. It gives his team by far the best chance to win...Lue obviously knows this...A different of the deal could be Love/Cunningham/Kaun for Booker/Morris/Tucker/Leuer/CLE 1st/throw in pick. I actually think that's a fair trade for both sides, considering Love's a top 15 offensive player and is decent enough on D against most teams.

Good point on Kyrie/Love probably not being a title-worthy duo once LBJ declines too much anyway. I think it'd be wise for them to send Love out West. I know a popular fake trade is Love for Crowder/Bradley/pick(s), which would make the Cavs a really good defensive team and give them plenty of wing options, but then you're dealing with trading him in the conference (if it matters at all). It'd force LBJ to be a full time PF, but if he can't score from > 5 feet anyway, he may as well be a 4 now.

If they get a big like a Chandler (if he rediscovers any passion for the game), maybe Mozgov would be purely expendable, but I like having Mozgov for a playoff series vs. Chicago. I know Pau rocked them last night, but if Mozgov rediscovers his groove, he can neutralize some of those postups. I think the TT/Mozgov combo also beasted the offensive glass, capitalizing on a Bulls big rotation lacking some size w/o Noah.

If nothing else, I think having Mozgov or the Hayward TPE are better than hoping Chandler even plays like a top end backup C.

I think CLE has 2 more years to win a title. I see LBJ merely being All Star caliber then, which isn't good enough to seriously contend.

kurple
01-24-2016, 04:06 PM
Faried would make the Suns a lot better

Bledsoe, Booker, Warren and Len are the untouchables?

wouldnt love for Knight to eat up Foye and Jameers minutes, tho its a lot to pay for an backup

golden24boy
01-24-2016, 04:10 PM
Tyson Chandler is a stud when healthy. He brings hustle, heart, and the energy teams need to strive through adversity.

Tyson is old injury prone player that lives in the mavs days...he had one good game :hammerhead:

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
01-24-2016, 07:53 PM
wtf was the point of signing Chandler to that huge contract? Dude is playing his worst year of his career, his FG% fell by more than 20% from last season :eek:

13m a season for the next 4, and he's 33 years old. I bet no one else offered him nearly as much, he himself was probably shocked when he got the offer.
The Suns signed Chandler basically to try to lure LaMarcus Aldrige to sign with them. LaMarcus said something about not wanting to play any of the Center position, only PF. Definitely backfired for the Suns.

jimmyjames
01-24-2016, 08:08 PM
Faried would make the Suns a lot better

Bledsoe, Booker, Warren and Len are the untouchables?

wouldnt love for Knight to eat up Foye and Jameers minutes, tho its a lot to pay for an backup
I'd say nobody is untouchable on the Suns for the right price.

Bledsoe isn't all that much better than Knight, plus he's injury prone. Warren and Len have yet to do much. I'd say trade whoever you can while trying to keep Booker and this years draft pick. They will probably have a top 5 pick this year. This should build around Knight and Booker. They won't be competing in the playoffs for a couple more years anyways.

livingby3's
01-24-2016, 09:10 PM
The Suns signed Chandler basically to try to lure LaMarcus Aldrige to sign with them. LaMarcus said something about not wanting to play any of the Center position, only PF. Definitely backfired for the Suns.

This is what it is. Damn it sure seems like a bad move in hindsight

livingby3's
01-24-2016, 09:19 PM
I'd say nobody is untouchable on the Suns for the right price.

Bledsoe isn't all that much better than Knight, plus he's injury prone. Warren and Len have yet to do much. I'd say trade whoever you can while trying to keep Booker and this years draft pick. They will probably have a top 5 pick this year. This should build around Knight and Booker. They won't be competing in the playoffs for a couple more years anyways.

It's bad for Bledsoe when Hornacek's offense is all depending on his two PGs to drive deep to break down defense. It has become predictable to opponents and it wears down on Bledsoe's already wounded up body. That is why the Suns have to get a coach who actually preach ball movement. Bledsoe in comparison to Knight, is a more willing passer and much better defender. Decent rebounder as well. Would make a great 3rd option.

Warren is good at putting the ball in the basket. I was initially keen about him becoming a starter. But to me he's got not much else to offer. Doesn't really pass the ball just looking to go to the hole. Can be a really really good 6 man though, unless he can work to become a star finisher.

Knight is the worst of the bunch. Really just a streaky shooter. With his salary he's not a good piece to have on the Suns. I would look to deal him first, above even Markieff. Best case would be to package both.