PDA

View Full Version : Trying to lose 10 lbs, but knees hurt so can't run fullcourt

sammichoffate
01-20-2016, 08:19 PM
I'm watching my macros for my food and stuff for dieting, I just need a cardio activity that'll burn a ****ton of calories other than basketball/swimming/running. Suggestions?

KyrieTheFuture
01-20-2016, 08:21 PM
Swimming hurts your knee? Relatively surprising.

Stairs shred calories, but Eliptical is the lowest impact on your knee you can get probably.

highwhey
01-20-2016, 08:23 PM
As the poster above me mentioned, elliptical is a great option for yourself. What is wrong with your knee(s)?

Meticode
01-20-2016, 08:23 PM
Sounds like you need to get a scan of your knee first before you start doing activities.

highwhey
01-20-2016, 08:26 PM
To be honest, you don't even need excercise fam. What's your weight, height and bf%?

Food is the biggest impact on your daily caloric intake. You can lose a substantial amount of weight through diet alone.

KiiiiNG
01-20-2016, 08:28 PM
Swimming hurts your knee? Relatively surprising.

Stairs shred calories, but Eliptical is the lowest impact on your knee you can get probably.
Or maybe he doesn't have access to a pool.

Stop eating carbs OP. That's it. The love handles, the bitch tits, the double chin... they'll all go away.

Just don't eat any carbs.

highwhey
01-20-2016, 08:29 PM

Stop eating carbs OP. That's it. The love handles, the bitch tits, the double chin... they'll all go away.

A lot of foods have carbs, even vegetables. Going carb free is hell. I'm taking about anything less than 20g of carbs per day is pure hell. Even chicken has trace carbs.

Lebron23
01-20-2016, 08:35 PM
Can you please posts your picture? So that we can see what you look like.

KiiiiNG
01-20-2016, 08:35 PM
A lot of foods have carbs, even vegetables. Going carb free is hell. I'm taking about anything less than 20g of carbs per day is pure hell. Even chicken has trace carbs.
We know this,

Meat and vegetables. ALMOST no carbs.

The hell is over after 3 to 5 weeks. Then it's just cruise control. I've been on and off the diet for the past couple years and it's always the first couple weeks that suck, then it's like magic how good you feel every single day. No sugar crashes... no extra belly fat.. just sustained energy and an incredibly clear mind.

Weak dudes won't last the 4 weeks though, I get that. But if OP wants to lose weight with little to no exercise it's the way to go.

sammichoffate
01-20-2016, 08:36 PM
Well my school gym has a pool, but it's freezing atm in the mornings so I have to try and get some laps in after my classes in the afternoon on certain days because of work. I'll look into elliptical, ty. My knees don't have issues, i'm just really out of shape and I gained a lot of weight from not being active for a few months. I'm 5'10, was like 170 now i'm 185, bf% I think is like 20%. I'm working on incorporating more protein, less carbs into my diet. I don't really believe in low-carb diets, just a lower amount usually works for ppl as long as they watch their macros for the day and get enough hydration.

Yoda
01-20-2016, 08:36 PM
If 10 pounds I lost, anorexic I would look.

sammichoffate
01-20-2016, 08:37 PM
We know this,

Meat and vegetables. ALMOST no carbs.

The hell is over after 3 to 5 weeks. Then it's just cruise control. I've been on and off the diet for the past couple years and it's always the first couple weeks that suck, then it's like magic how good you feel every single day. No sugar crashes... no extra belly fat.. just sustained energy and an incredibly clear mind.

Weak dudes won't last the 4 weeks though, I get that. But if OP wants to lose weight with little to no exercise it's the way to go.Nah, i'm good with exercising :lol

KiiiiNG
01-20-2016, 08:42 PM
Nah, i'm good with exercising :lol
Yeah, people love to eat and tell themselves they'll make up for it in the gym.

You need to exercise will power and stop eating shit you like, not step your fat-ass on an elliptical only to gorge yourself 3 hours later.

sammichoffate
01-20-2016, 08:47 PM
Yeah, people love to eat and tell themselves they'll make up for it in the gym.

You need to exercise will power and stop eating shit you like, not step your fat-ass on an elliptical only to gorge yourself 3 hours later.I've become more of a vegetarian eater the past couple of years, my best results came when I ate almost no meat for a month and ate stuff like beans/tofu instead. I eat some meat now, but I never overdo it like what you described haha

Levity
01-20-2016, 08:48 PM
Swimming hurts your knee. Relatively surprising.

haha i was surprised by this too :lol

then i look at your avatar and i was even more surprised that a black guy would know about that, as well!! :D

Hawker
01-20-2016, 08:54 PM
Your running form probably sucks. We're not supposed to wear running shoes when we run. Shitty invention that encourages bad form. Try cycling instead. That's why I do. Just stretch your hips out when you can and don't slouch too much as that can give you back pain if your back can't go flat.

Lebron23
01-20-2016, 08:56 PM
You are probably suffering from diabetes. You cannot hurt your ankle by just swimming. Stop drinking Colas, or any carbonated drinks.

KiiiiNG
01-20-2016, 08:59 PM
I've become more of a vegetarian eater the past couple of years, my best results came when I ate almost no meat for a month and ate stuff like beans/tofu instead. I eat some meat now, but I never overdo it like what you described haha
No meat? :biggums:

I'll eat an entire cow bro. I used to bring leftover steak for my school lunch.

I guess if you're not a meat lover the transition to no carbs would be a little harder, but I still think it would change your life for the better.

But yeah, fat boy, start swimming, boxing, row machine, sauna, extended and vigorous *********ion sessions (we know you ain't gettin' no p*ssy moisture with that flabby bod :lol )

10 pounds is nothing. Be consistent of course, whatever you do, just do it regularly.

Give it 3 weeks and we'll check up on your progress.

Lebron23
01-20-2016, 09:11 PM
Diabetes Mellitus

if I am you I go to the hospital right now. That's why I don't respect fat people. Obesity is physical killing them.

outbreak
01-20-2016, 10:01 PM
the no carb thing is ****ing stupid don't do that, it's good for short term weight loss but it's not healthy or suited for long term or keeping weight off.

exercise isn't the best for losing weight either, it's better for keeping weight off but not losing it.

10 pounds is nothing though, just restrict how much you are eating

KiiiiNG
01-20-2016, 10:06 PM
the no carb thing is ****ing stupid don't do that, it's good for short term weight loss but it's not healthy or suited for long term or keeping weight off.

exercise isn't the best for losing weight either, it's better for keeping weight off but not losing it.

10 pounds is nothing though, just restrict how much you are eating
You know absolutely nothing about health.

poido123
01-20-2016, 10:11 PM
To be honest, you don't even need excercise fam. What's your weight, height and bf%?

Food is the biggest impact on your daily caloric intake. You can lose a substantial amount of weight through diet alone.

REPORTED

Jk, this is pretty spot on.

While a bit of exercise helps, it pails in comparison to what diet does.

outbreak
01-20-2016, 10:13 PM
:roll:

poido123
01-20-2016, 10:28 PM

Simon with his typical: "You know absolutely nothing about..." BS again.

Sit down nerd boy. Mooching off rich parents teaches you nothing, which I find it strange when you are handing out advice to everybody like your someone f.cking important.

You're a generational f.ckup, a sheltered baby in a man's body who CLAIMS to be successful, but in reality, it's just your parents holding you up.

Here's a real tip, stop calling people out who:

a) Have worked hard for what they've got

b) Don't mooch off their parents

c) Are better at life

The End.

TheImmortal
01-20-2016, 10:39 PM
You can lose 10 lbs in a week easy.. take it easy on the food and try the stationary bike on high intensity for like 10 - 15 minutes a day. And always stay hydrated (water).

TheImmortal
01-20-2016, 10:43 PM
He's actually right.. without carbs you have very low energy. Not smart to cut out it entirely IMHO.

You can decrease your carbs (by reducing your overall intake by say 10%) and have 10-15 minutes of intense stationary bike a day and you'll burn that fat off in no time. Your metabolism will go through the roof!

Personally, I'm a big advocate of stair climbing (machine or actual stairs.. both are great).

KyrieTheFuture
01-21-2016, 12:49 AM
haha i was surprised by this too :lol

then i look at your avatar and i was even more surprised that a black guy would know about that, as well!! :D
I am whiter than mayonnaise on wonder bread.

That's Uncle Drew in the prof pic

KyrieTheFuture
01-21-2016, 12:51 AM
Unless you want to be in shape, don't workout. It's a trap. If you just want to lose weight, dieting makes the difference. The gym is for building and toning muscles not losing fat, unless you're incredibly dedicated.

KiiiiNG
01-21-2016, 01:03 AM
Simon with his typical: "You know absolutely nothing about..." BS again.

Sit down nerd boy. Mooching off rich parents teaches you nothing, which I find it strange when you are handing out advice to everybody like your someone f.cking important.

You're a generational f.ckup, a sheltered baby in a man's body who CLAIMS to be successful, but in reality, it's just your parents holding you up.

Here's a real tip, stop calling people out who:

a) Have worked hard for what they've got

b) Don't mooch off their parents

c) Are better at life

The End.
40's knockin' on the door and you still haven't done anything.

You're a fat balding bag boy with an imaginary wife. Now dude... please don't ever come at me again with weird made up lies and substance-less insults.

BECAUSE I WILL FIND YOU AND STAPLE YOUR MOUTH SHUT, INJECT YOU WITH INSULIN SO YOU PASS OUT, TIE YOU UP TO THE BACK OF A TRUCK BY YOUR ANKLES WITH YOUR FACE DOWN AND YOUR HANDS TIED BEHIND YOUR BACK, AND WHEN YOUR FAT-ASS FINALLY BECOMES CONSCIOUS AGAIN I WILL START THE CAR AND SLOWLY PUSH ON THE GAS. WITH EVERY SCREAM OF TERROR AND PAIN I WILL GO A LITTLE BIT FASTER AS YOUR FLESH GRATES AGAINST THE ASPHALT. I WILL MAKE YOU SUFFER AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE MAKING SURE YOU DON'T DIE QUICKLY, BUT INSTEAD SLOW AND AGONIZING. AFTER I'M FINISHED YOUR DEAD BODY WILL RESEMBLE AN OVERWEIGHT FREDDY KRUEGER. MY LAST GOAL WILL BE TO RIP OPEN YOUR STOMACH AND DISEMBOWEL YOU. I WILL PLACE YOUR INTESTINES IN A BOX AND SHIP IT TO YOUR PARENTS WITH A NOTE SAYING "YOU'RE WELCOME"

plowking
01-21-2016, 01:15 AM

This isn't a bad option, although once you do go back on carbs, even healthy ones from foods such as rice, breads and pastas, you will notice you're a lot more sensitive to carbs, and your weight will go up a little more than you want it to.

At the end of the day, not a bad thing, since it is just rehydrating your body. The most important thing about these low carb diets, is eating a lot of fibre and water intake must go up dramatically. Mainly due to the clue being in the word itself... carbohydrate. It helps keep the body hydrated...

plowking
01-21-2016, 01:18 AM
You are probably suffering from diabetes. You cannot hurt your ankle by just swimming. Stop drinking Colas, or any carbonated drinks.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

BAM! Right out there with it. :oldlol:

oarabbus
01-21-2016, 04:40 AM
Keeping carbs under 100g/day is very doable, not nearly as difficult as under 20g a day going true keto.

Stick to 100g carbs a day for a week or two, and try to slowly reduce to 50 while doing squats, deadlifts, bodyweight exercises (if you can do these things with your knee... avoid the squats and DLs if it causes pain), and cardio.

You can definitely do a lot of pull and push ups and dips, combine that with <100g carbs and 1800 calories a day or less and you'll lose weight.

It sucks but you can do it. I lost 10+lbs this way. Some days I had like 3 eggs + veggies or only chicken and broccoli for dinner, but it worked.

highwhey
01-21-2016, 04:42 AM
Keeping carbs under 100g/day is very doable, not nearly as difficult as under 20g a day going true keto.

Stick to 100g carbs a day for a week or two, and try to slowly reduce to 50 while doing squats, deadlifts, bodyweight exercises (if you can do these things with your knee... avoid the squats and DLs if it causes pain), and cardio.

You can definitely do a lot of pull and push ups and dips, combine that with <100g carbs and 1800 calories a day or less and you'll lose weight.
There's no real advantage to going low carb. Aside from the weight(weight not fat) loss as a result of less water content in your body, there is no fat loss advantage.

oarabbus
01-21-2016, 04:46 AM
There's no real advantage to going low carb. Aside from the weight(weight not fat) loss as a result of less water content in your body, there is no fat loss advantage.

For me personally there is/was. If I eat rice, bread, pasta, I get so hungry that I eat >2k calories a day.

But if I ate sausage and eggs for breakfast, ham and veggies for lunch, and chicken breast and broccoli for dinner, I am able to eat well under 2000 calories and be satiated. Not saying it will work for anyone else but low carb enables me to eat 1400-1600 calories while being at the same hunger level throughout the day as ~2200 calories w/regular carbs.

poido123
01-21-2016, 08:07 AM
40's knockin' on the door and you still haven't done anything.

You're a fat balding bag boy with an imaginary wife. Now dude... please don't ever come at me again with weird made up lies and substance-less insults.

BECAUSE I WILL FIND YOU AND STAPLE YOUR MOUTH SHUT, INJECT YOU WITH INSULIN SO YOU PASS OUT, TIE YOU UP TO THE BACK OF A TRUCK BY YOUR ANKLES WITH YOUR FACE DOWN AND YOUR HANDS TIED BEHIND YOUR BACK, AND WHEN YOUR FAT-ASS FINALLY BECOMES CONSCIOUS AGAIN I WILL START THE CAR AND SLOWLY PUSH ON THE GAS. WITH EVERY SCREAM OF TERROR AND PAIN I WILL GO A LITTLE BIT FASTER AS YOUR FLESH GRATES AGAINST THE ASPHALT. I WILL MAKE YOU SUFFER AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE MAKING SURE YOU DON'T DIE QUICKLY, BUT INSTEAD SLOW AND AGONIZING. AFTER I'M FINISHED YOUR DEAD BODY WILL RESEMBLE AN OVERWEIGHT FREDDY KRUEGER. MY LAST GOAL WILL BE TO RIP OPEN YOUR STOMACH AND DISEMBOWEL YOU. I WILL PLACE YOUR INTESTINES IN A BOX AND SHIP IT TO YOUR PARENTS WITH A NOTE SAYING "YOU'RE WELCOME"

M-M-M-M Meltdownnnnn!!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Block letters no less. I must admit, I get great delight out of your tears of anger.

ISHGoat
01-21-2016, 09:12 AM
Listen here OP.

There are two important facts you need to realize. Weight loss is a function of calorie expenditure vs calorie consumption. The easiest way to reduce calorie intake is to cut out some simple carbs. This alone will get you losing weight.

The second is that dieting also reduces muscle mass. Unless you want to be skinny fat, you need to hit the gym hard and maintain high protein intake. There are 6 important exercises. Pullup, bench, barbell row, overhand barbell press, squat, deadlift.

If you do these six exercises, eat high protein, lower carbs, you will look and feel much better.