PDA

View Full Version : love for derrick favors trade

swagga
01-20-2016, 06:11 PM
add filler to make it work.

cavs get a strong PF with a nice jumper and good rebounding and defense, who doesn't need the ball in his hands and won't cry for touches.

utah gets an established white all-star. The public would love him, he'd be in a perfect position with gobert erasing his mistakes.

who says no?

Dr Hawk
01-20-2016, 06:12 PM
I don't say no. Get rid of that ****er

VengefulAngel
01-20-2016, 06:12 PM

cavs get a strong PF with a nice jumper and good rebounding and defense, who doesn't need the ball in his hands and won't cry for touches.

utah gets an established white all-star. The public would love him, he'd be in a perfect position with gobert erasing his mistakes.

who says no?

Why make a thread? when there is already one designed for this.

swagga
01-20-2016, 06:13 PM
Why make a thread? when there is already one designed for this.

because this actually makes sense compared to the garbage in that thread. Sorry for bumping one lebron/curry/durant thread out the first page.

VengefulAngel
01-20-2016, 06:19 PM
because this actually makes sense compared to the garbage in that thread. Sorry for bumping one lebron/curry/durant thread out the first page.

It's cool I just checked that thread and I can't disagree.

90sgoat
01-20-2016, 06:27 PM
I like it a lot - for both teams.

SwishSquared
01-20-2016, 06:54 PM
Favors + Hood for Love could be a nice move for CLE in terms of fit. Would be even better if they could get another pick thrown in there, but I doubt it.

Utah even offered CLE Favors + the picks that become Exum and Hood back in 2014 too lol.

Jameerthefear
01-20-2016, 06:57 PM
Huh. This actually isn't that bad. Favors is a great defender too. You lose that spacing Love provides though

SwishSquared
01-20-2016, 07:06 PM
Huh. This actually isn't that bad. Favors is a great defender too. You lose that spacing Love provides thoughI think they'd just play LBJ many more mins at PF. Maybe they can snag Ariza too in a 3-way trade (not sure what Houston would want- would they take an expiring contract like Mozgov to carve out more cap space this summer?).

Kyrie-Smith-LBJ-Ariza-Favors
Delly-Hood-Shumpert-TT-Andy
Williams-Cunningham-RJ-Kaun

Ca$H
01-20-2016, 07:08 PM

who says no?

This actually makes sense for both teams. :applause:

I would add Delly for Trey Burke so Utah can become even whiter!

ISHGoat
01-20-2016, 07:19 PM
This actually makes sense for both teams. :applause:

I would add Delly for Trey Burke so Utah can become even whiter!

Nah, blacks make up 12% of the US population so by legal mandate blacks must also make up at least 12% of every NBA roster.

WayOfWade
01-20-2016, 07:23 PM
Coming from a Jazz fan, hell no! I don't want Love, Favors is just fine and fits our team better. Love will absolutely destroy Utah's defense, he blows way too many assignments. And we don't need anymore white players, Hayward is white enough already, and we've already added Withey (another handsome white man), we we're all good in that department

KiiiiNG
01-20-2016, 08:38 PM
Coming from a Jazz fan, hell no! I don't want Love, Favors is just fine and fits our team better. Love will absolutely destroy Utah's defense, he blows way too many assignments. And we don't need anymore white players, Hayward is white enough already, and we've already added Withey (another handsome white man), we we're all good in that department
Dudes gonna miss half the season because of back spasms. Derrick Favors is retarded.

Talented, but stupid and unreliable.

CakeorDeath
01-20-2016, 09:18 PM
Wow, those Utah likes white players jokes never get old.

The Favors/Gobert pairing is a dominant defensive frontcourt, and Favors is the older of the two at 24. Plus, Favors brings 17 ppg within an offense that runs next to no plays for him. Why in the world would the Jazz break that up?

Utah's core currently is Gobert, Favors, Hayward, Burks, Exum, and Hood. Gobert is untradeable. The rest would be made available, but only for a player that unquestionably makes the team better, i.e. a superstar or an otherwise generational talent. Love is neither.

More than "white players" :facepalm , Jazz management loves financial flexibility (i.e., management is a bunch of cheap a$$es). The current core is young, talented, and inexpensive. The Jazz will therefore ride this out as long as they can. They aren't trading for a player who doesn't make the team better and who will be paid $25 million as a 32 year old. No matter how white he is.

CakeorDeath
01-20-2016, 09:20 PM
Dudes gonna miss half the season because of back spasms. Derrick Favors is retarded.

Talented, but stupid and unreliable.

"Talented" is the only thing you said that is actually true.

Favors has averaged 75 games per season the last 3 years. He's been having a fluke back issue but the guy works his a$$ off to stay in the best shape possible.

buddha
01-20-2016, 09:22 PM
all utah needs to be a real contender is a PG which are a dime a dozen in this league.

nba_55
01-20-2016, 09:22 PM
Damn! Love is getting underrated in here. No way Cavs make that trade. They can't trade Love right now, his value is too low. And he will adjust and start to play well, no need to trade.

CakeorDeath
01-20-2016, 09:29 PM
Damn! Love is getting underrated in here. No way Cavs make that trade. They can't trade Love right now, his value is too low. And he will adjust and start to play well, no need to trade.

Not trying to underrate him, but he's $10 million more expensive than Favors.

Is he worth the Jazz trading $10 million and Derrick Favors? Hell no. Especially considering Gobert's rookie deal expires soon, and that dude will need to be paid.

CakeorDeath
01-20-2016, 09:30 PM
all utah needs to be a real contender is a PG which are a dime a dozen in this league.

Mike Conley is a FA this summer. Perfect fit for the Jazz. Hope they go after him.

Exum is going to be good, at least defensively.

Xiao Yao You
01-21-2016, 04:13 PM
Wow, those Utah likes white players jokes never get old.

The Favors/Gobert pairing is a dominant defensive frontcourt, and Favors is the older of the two at 24. Plus, Favors brings 17 ppg within an offense that runs next to no plays for him. Why in the world would the Jazz break that up?

Because they aren't going to be able to pay everyone and they want to stretch the floor more. They don't want Love's contract. Lyles could replace Favors before they give him a max deal in a couple years though.

Utah's core currently is Gobert, Favors, Hayward, Burks, Exum, and Hood.

Lyles has to be part of that.

Gobert is untradeable. The rest would be made available, but only for a player that unquestionably makes the team better, i.e. a superstar or an otherwise generational talent. Love is neither.

No one is untradeable but he's certainly the guy they should be building around.

Mike Conley is a FA this summer. Perfect fit for the Jazz. Hope they go after him.

Snyder likes him but I doubt they do anything drastic.

Exum is going to be good, at least defensively.

He might not be the same player when he returns. Hopefully he improves in other aspects.

MellowYellow
01-21-2016, 04:16 PM
Favors + Hood for Love could be a nice move for CLE in terms of fit. Would be even better if they could get another pick thrown in there, but I doubt it.

Utah even offered CLE Favors + the picks that become Exum and Hood back in 2014 too lol.
no way they make that offer now, hood is too good. Even favors for love is pushing it.

Mirror
01-21-2016, 04:27 PM
This trade actually makes sense for both teams IMO.

Thorpesaurous
01-21-2016, 04:39 PM
Favors and Tristan Thompson might be a bit much duplication heading forward. I prefer Favors. But they are cut from a similar cloth.

joshwake
01-21-2016, 05:35 PM
saying Utah has a mostly white team over and over on ISH does not make it so... Never has..