PDA

View Full Version : Is Dellavedova a net positive compared to Kyrie?

oarabbus
01-18-2016, 11:45 PM
Kyrie is like Harden or Thaddeus Young, dude gives up as many points as he puts in, gets lost on screens, gambles too much on steals, etc

Bankaii
01-18-2016, 11:47 PM
This forum:facepalm :roll:

plowking
01-18-2016, 11:50 PM
Love is the problem. Although Kyrie needs to become a better defender too.

Did they play Delly and Kyrie together tonight at all?

oarabbus
01-18-2016, 11:52 PM
This forum:facepalm :roll:

Dellavedova has a better +/- and on/off than Kyrie this year, last year, the year before that, and overall career

And tonight

So statistically the answer to my question is "yes"

Love is the problem. Although Kyrie needs to become a better defender too.

Did they play Delly and Kyrie together tonight at all?

Yeah love was terrible tonight, although tbh I don't know whether it's Blatt or Love. The guy just seems completely out of the offense.

Legends66NBA7
01-18-2016, 11:53 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=379471

It continues....

Hittin_Shots
01-18-2016, 11:53 PM
No Boston gamethread so I'm gonna use this one, mavs getting ********ed and should be down three with the bs zaza gets away with

Bankaii
01-18-2016, 11:58 PM
Dellavedova has a better +/- and on/off than Kyrie this year, last year, the year before that, and overall career

And tonight

So statistically the answer to my question is "yes".
This year and tonight I understand. Kyrie is coming off and injury and is still getting back in rhythm.

But for last year it's absolutely asinine to think that Delly had a more positive impact than Kyrie. I'd take Kyrie's explosive offense and potential playmaking over Delly's gritty defense any day. Especially against Curry since defense seems to not really affect him anymore.

I'll ask you this, last year in the Finals if had to chose Kyrie or Delly going down in game 1, who would you choose?

Hittin_Shots
01-19-2016, 12:00 AM
Tech foul the ****** on the floor...

tmacattack33
01-19-2016, 12:03 AM
Kyrie's game is about inches. Last year he was one of the best tough shot makers in the game...hitting long step back j's almost on Curry level.

This will take time to get back to form.

I'm not worried about him.

oarabbus
01-19-2016, 12:05 AM
This year and tonight I understand. Kyrie is coming off and injury and is still getting back in rhythm.

But for last year it's absolutely asinine to think that Delly had a more positive impact than Kyrie. I'd take Kyrie's explosive offense and potential playmaking over Delly's gritty defense any day. Especially against Curry since defense seems to not really affect him anymore.

I'll ask you this, last year in the Finals if had to chose Kyrie or Delly going down in game 1, who would you choose?

Yeah, I mean for sure Kyrie is a better player than Delly, no doubt. But with the construction of this team, Kyrie's playmaking and offensive skills are kind of redundant with LeBron's, and he is unable to fully utilize his abilities. Kind of like how having a great scoring/playmaking PG next to Kobe or Harden relegates them to being maybe 50% as good as they could be.

Then again, like plowking said it could be that Love is the problem, and with a guy like Deng at the 4, Kyrie may be able to flourish more.

Hittin_Shots
01-19-2016, 12:10 AM
Zaza should be fouled off after 5 offensive plays every game.

Bankaii
01-19-2016, 12:13 AM
Yeah, I mean for sure Kyrie is a better player than Delly, no doubt. But with the construction of this team, Kyrie's playmaking and offensive skills are kind of redundant with LeBron's, and he is unable to fully utilize his abilities. Kind of like how having a great scoring/playmaking PG next to Kobe or Harden relegates them to being maybe 50% as good as they could be.

Then again, like plowking said it could be that Love is the problem, and with a guy like Deng at the 4, Kyrie may be able to flourish more.
Ok I understand. Yea there's nothing wrong with that.

But I agree, Love is getting absolutely exposed on a real contender. At least Bosh had an impact as a 3rd option.

Hittin_Shots
01-19-2016, 12:25 AM
Play of the game is the double moving screen by Zaza to win it...