PDA

View Full Version : Is LeBron still the best player?

highwhey
01-16-2016, 05:01 PM
It's been a couple seasons since I've actually watched basketball, so I am a bit out of the loop. Is LBJ still the best in the game? Where do Durant and Curry rank? Leonard?

Thanks guys.

Quickening
01-16-2016, 05:05 PM
Yes he is, come back in two years to check again, bye.

SouBeachTalents
01-16-2016, 05:10 PM
Nah, Derrick Rose is now

Dr Hawk
01-16-2016, 05:10 PM
Curry is

Naero
01-16-2016, 05:12 PM
He is the best player--of the Eastern Conference, at least.

Statistically and impactually, however, he has not been the league-best player in years; Stephen Curry is currently accepted by it media- and fanbase-wide while LeBron is noticeably on the downslope of his prime.

At peak value and for a playoffs run, I think many would still take LeBron first; but in the grander scheme, there's at the very least the concession that LeBron is no longer the clear-cut BITW.

highwhey
01-16-2016, 05:14 PM

Statistically and impactually, however, he has not been the league-best player in years; Stephen Curry is currently accepted by it media- and fanbase-wide while LeBron is noticeably on the downslope of his prime.

At peak value and for a playoffs run, I think many would still take LeBron first; but in the grander scheme, there's at the very least the concession that LeBron is no longer the clear-cut BITW.
Thank you for your response.

Who would have thought Curry would step in to make LeBron's run short-lives.

24-Inch_Chrome
01-16-2016, 05:15 PM
He might still be in the discussion for best all-around player but he's not the best player in the league. Last year was weird, there were solid cases for several players, but he hasn't had a legit argument for being the best in the league since 2014.

SouBeachTalents
01-16-2016, 05:17 PM

Lol, you obviously knew this already, it's sad the extent people go on this site to make a thread shitting on LeBron/Kobe

Sakkreth
01-16-2016, 05:26 PM
Yeah. People are bored of it though so sometimes they try to say someone else is, just the way Rose won his mvp.

Straight_Ballin
01-16-2016, 05:28 PM

There's a poster on here who predicted Curry would be the next face of the NBA.

Lebron is an afterthought at this point. The only reason he's even talked bout on here is because his stans constantly make threads about him and they get replied to and told to STFU already.

Sakkreth
01-16-2016, 05:30 PM
But didn't curry win a title against lebron?

Warriors won vs Cavaliers in the finals. LeBron even got more fmvp votes than Curry who received 0 votes.

pauk
01-16-2016, 05:33 PM
I believe he still is the best overall/allround talent and the most impactful player in the league, its boring i know... and some try to give the honor to Curry (he got great scoring/shooting stats)... but yea...

Mike smith
01-16-2016, 05:35 PM
Durant

feyki
01-16-2016, 05:36 PM
Yes , He is best player of between 2005 to 2025 .

AnaheimLakers24
01-16-2016, 05:45 PM
Whens the last time the baboon even won a ring :lol

SexSymbol
01-16-2016, 05:50 PM
Curry is quite clearly the best now.

There are a few guys on bron's level right now:
Durant
Westbrook
George
Leonard

He's a top 5 player

highwhey
01-16-2016, 05:53 PM
Lol, you obviously knew this already, it's sad the extent people go on this site to make a thread shitting on LeBron/Kobe
My favorite player was Ama're Stoudemire. Dafuq do I care about bashing Lebron or Kobe? If you google, I actually posted in support of LeBron during the cavs-warriors finals.

I'm not a fan of pretty boy curry and company. I do however respect Steve Kerr.

I view things objectively, and from my rather limited observation, Curry is one of the best. But again, i haven't watched enough basketball to make that statement.

Quickening
01-16-2016, 05:56 PM
My favorite player was Ama're Stoudemire. Dafuq do I care about bashing Lebron or Kobe? If you google, I actually posted in support of LeBron during the cavs-warriors finals.

I'm not a fan of pretty boy curry and company. I do however respect Steve Kerr.

I view things objectively.
You apparently haven't viewed anything for a couple of seasons you dumb fck. :lol

Cone
01-16-2016, 05:59 PM
how do you have 7.5k posts on a basketball forum and then not watch it for 2 years?

highwhey
01-16-2016, 06:01 PM
You apparently haven't viewed anything for a couple of seasons you dumb fck. :lol
REPORTED FOR HARRASING .

highwhey
01-16-2016, 06:03 PM
how do you have 7.5k posts on a basketball forum and then not watch it for 2 years?
I've been on here 7 years. Like I said, prior to the last 2 years, I watched it constantly. I've only watched a couple games here and there as of late. My career, personal life/social life(something you don't have) are my priorities, noth ISH.

WayOfWade
01-16-2016, 06:48 PM
I believe he still is the best overall/allround talent and the most impactful player in the league, its boring i know... and some try to give the honor to Curry (he got great scoring/shooting stats)... but yea...
I agree, he just hasn't been playing up to his potential as of late; whether that's due to his back problems or age, I don't know. He hasn't played like the best player in the league so far, but I think by seasons end he should be crowned King once again (at least I hope, I just honestly dislike Curry)

SexSymbol
01-16-2016, 06:53 PM
You really shouldn't call someone else dumb, it's way too ironic when you write it

TripleA
01-16-2016, 06:56 PM
He is still a top 3 player But I don't think he is the best unless he can play amazing in the playoffs this year.

TripleA
01-16-2016, 06:58 PM

I'd take him as the best player in 2014 and in the mix in 2015.

Asukal
01-16-2016, 07:03 PM
Curry is the best now. It's kinda embarrassing getting dethroned and lefloppy is just a little past his prime. :oldlol:

SexSymbol
01-16-2016, 07:05 PM
Curry is the best now. It's kinda embarrassing getting dethroned and lefloppy is just a little past his prime. :oldlol:
He's not past his prime

highwhey
01-16-2016, 07:07 PM
I'd take him as the best player in 2014 and in the mix in 2015.
Ok, I understand this. Now, let's say his regressing continues in 2016, will Curry or Durant be the best?

Whats up woth Durant btw? Is he too busy thinking where he's going to play next season?

SexSymbol
01-16-2016, 07:09 PM
Ok, I understand this. Now, let's say his regressing continues in 2016, will Curry or Durant be the best?

Whats up woth Durant btw? Is he too busy thinking where he's going to play next season?
He's averaging 27-8-4 on 52-40-90, he's just not having those high scoring games

TripleA
01-16-2016, 07:12 PM

He is actually playing at the same level or little better as last year. I think he will stay at this level for 3 more years and than will decline to a lower level.
His defense got a lot better this year. It's just Curry is having an all time great year. Durant was injured last year and he hasn't had the sustained dominance in the playoffs or the team success as Curry or Lebron the last few years.

livinglegend
01-16-2016, 07:12 PM

Lebron is an afterthought at this point. The only reason he's even talked bout on here is because his stans constantly make threads about him and they get replied to and told to STFU already.

I was the first one to predict that he would be the next face of the NBA.

Asukal
01-16-2016, 07:13 PM
He's not past his prime

Yes he is. Compare the current Bran to the Bran of 2009-2010, big difference in agility and hops. Current bran is slower than his prime self.

boldarblood
01-16-2016, 08:06 PM
REPORTED FOR HARRASING .

Need thicker skin on this site, this is tame by Inside Hoops standards. You'd think with 7000+ posts you might have noticed that.

highwhey
01-16-2016, 08:49 PM
Need thicker skin on this site, this is tame by Inside Hoops standards. You'd think with 7000+ posts you might have noticed that.
REPORTED.

Wink ;)

NBAplayoffs2001
01-16-2016, 08:51 PM
He's really up there but his production has dipped since playing for the Heat. If LeBron 2013 was playing this year, I don't think it would really be a debate.

Straight_Ballin
01-16-2016, 09:04 PM
I've been on here 7 years. Like I said, prior to the last 2 years, I watched it constantly. I've only watched a couple games here and there as of late. My career, personal life/social life(something you don't have) are my priorities, noth ISH.

Cone tried to have a personal life but ISH got in the way of that.

34-24 Footwork
01-16-2016, 09:38 PM
No way the best player gets this many excuses in the midst of losing in the finals year after year. I think KD (lowkey) is the best player in the league because he gets NO EXCUSES for losing. Same with Curry. These guys are so good that if or when they lose, NOBODY excuses them.

Just gotta change the way we think about expectations. Deep down inside, most basketball enthusiasts know that Lebron will lose in the finals if he gets there so the excuses are pre-packaged.

Angel Face
01-16-2016, 09:42 PM
He wasn't since 2014.

sd3035
01-16-2016, 09:42 PM
He's in the 2nd tier now with Harden and Kawhi

Curry is the best, but Durant and Westbrook are better than Bran as well

Black and White
01-16-2016, 10:26 PM
He's in the 2nd tier now with Harden and Kawhi

Curry is the best, but Durant and Westbrook are better than Bran as well

:facepalm

TripleA
01-16-2016, 10:27 PM
Interesting how people have Durant and Westbrook over Lebron. Two top three players and one finals in the last five years for Okc. Maybe they're just not a good fit. I find it hard to rank those two.

inclinerator
01-16-2016, 10:30 PM
he is still the best

Milbuck
01-16-2016, 10:33 PM
Interesting how people have Durant and Westbrook over Lebron. Two top three players and one finals in the last five years for Okc. Maybe they're just not a good fit. I find it hard to rank those two.
Durant and Westbrook are really whatever rank they want to be depending on the night. Durant especially, dude is still not fully back to peak form yet and doesn't go 100% all the time. He's clearly pacing himself this year imo, which is understandable considering he was kinda burnt out by playoff time his actual MVP year. Whenever he goes for it he can look like MVP Durant at any time. Westbrook has stepped up big time as a floor general, whenever I watch Thunder games his impact is monstrous, dude plays with the same intensity he always has but is consciously trying to make everyone around him better. Lebron is a more consistent player than either but I don't think ability-wise his clearly better.

iBandwagon
01-16-2016, 10:34 PM
Nope.

sdot_thadon
01-17-2016, 12:11 AM
I think he still is, the difference now is he can't do as much damage in less ideal situations than in the past. (Players out of the lineup, etc.) Before he could trot out any team with any offensive setup and dominate, now he seems to need certain setups to be his best. His best, is still better than everyone else's best. Curry is having a hell of a season, but he's the flavor of the month right now. He still doesn't have the global impact on a game lebron does.

Magic 32
01-17-2016, 04:14 AM
I think he still is, the difference now is he can't do as much damage in less ideal situations than in the past. (Players out of the lineup, etc.) Before he could trot out any team with any offensive setup and dominate, now he seems to need certain setups to be his best. His best, is still better than everyone else's best. Curry is having a hell of a season, but he's the flavor of the month right now. He still doesn't have the global impact on a game lebron does.

http://warriorsworld.bayareaballllc1.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/8551442.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/d1/f6/82/d1f682598088c707cb02b4b24bda3483.jpg

http://s11.postimg.org/bqoe2l01v/45756.png

http://i.imgur.com/BvYPTJf.gif

aj1987
01-17-2016, 07:45 AM

And yet, the only player you talk about is LeBron. :roll:

Gileraracer
01-17-2016, 07:50 AM
Best at loosing finals series

riseagainst
01-18-2016, 03:43 PM
he was dethroned like in 2014 by Durant. Now Steph is the best player in the league, and it's NOT even close compared to the 2nd best.

1. Steph

4. Lebron

Dr Hawk
01-18-2016, 03:55 PM
First ten spots belong to Curry. Next 50 spots belong to Curry as well