PDA

View Full Version : Malone & Lebron playoff teams

Jasper
01-15-2016, 10:13 AM
We all know that Karl Malone was first 'proto type' power forward in the modern day era of bball. Run the break, body down a player in the post , smooth jumper, out let passer, one of the best give and go players that walked the planet.

We all know Lebron James has the tools of running the break , finishing the break, distributor, smooth jumper , body down a player on the post as well as a great rebounder , one of the best comparison players to Jordan that walks the planet.

My comparison of both players is in the playoffs and in particular the finals.
BOTH PLAYERS ARE WELL DESERVING AS HALL OF FAME.

Malone's team had Stockton and role players. They were beaten in the playoffs against teams that started to develop three super star teams or teams that had role players at a higher level than Utah's team.
This brings me to the discussion of what modern teams are... in other words how franchises build teams for today's game compared to yester-era.

Looking at the Spurs for example , Duncan, Parker, Ginobli are not the players they once were. .. Yet that same combination and 'ELITE" role players beat Miami Heat. Dallas with Dirk, Kidd and Elite role players beat the Heat as well.

My point is that even the teams that lost in the finals were literally a hair away from winning the finals.... (THEY were all great teams)
Look back at Iverson against the Lakers Shaq , Kobe, Horry..... Iverson's team won a game, but even though the Lakers won with better role players , don't take any thing away from the 6'ers.

Today's franchises are concentrating obviously on having a three star player team , but all franchises also realize now that you can't bandaid role players around them.

Just think if Utah would of had will say two elite role players in Malone's era.
I truly believe it would of made the difference in the world winning at least one or more finals.

So looking at Lebron James , do you think his role players have what it takes to win the finals :confusedshrug:

Right now , even with Spurs, and Warriors retooling after 2014,2015 seasons, the core is there but the role players are truly the key.
Cav's have Love ,bron,and Kyle I. but are their role players really good enough to be "elite" role players to be the difference makers in the finals :confusedshrug:

Lebron could end up like Malone did in Utah without a ring in Cleverland.
It could define his career , but lets look at Miami when they won two chips with Lebron....

Coach Spre. took everything he could out of Shaq as well as the rest of the role players. If you think about it his supporting cast was a heII of a team and as role players go their flames flash much shorter than typical players..

Whats your thoughts on Lebron James role players ?????

Gileraracer
01-15-2016, 10:26 AM
Whats your thoughts on Lebron James role players ?????

Yes, he's a role player

tpols
01-15-2016, 10:37 AM
JR and Tristan Thompson are both really good specialty role players.. shumpert is an absolute lockdown defender, Mozgov kinda fell of but was pretty good when given a chance..

Spurs have much better role players, but the cavs are banking on Lebron outplaying kawhi and kyrie outplaying parker.. that's another key to the win, so if it doesn't happen its just as much on their shoulders. And it didn't happen yesterday, so they lost.

Look at CLE's role players last night, they played pretty good.. it was love and kyrie and to lesser extent bron who underperformed.

Dr Hawk
01-15-2016, 10:43 AM
Kevin Love is the key. He isn't bringing the offense he was supposed to bring and he completely SUCKS on defense.

Yes, he's a role player

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Stephen-Colbert-Saying-Go-Away.gif