PDA

View Full Version : What separates Lebron and Kobe

HOoopCityJones
01-05-2016, 09:13 PM
I think Young Kobe is highly underrated because he played behind Shaq. But what Kobe had at a young age compared to LeBron was mentality. He was winning important playoff games at age 21. It was incredible. Examples: 2000 NBA Finals - Game 4, after Shaq fouled out he came up in the clutch and won that game finished with 28 points. 2000 WCF Game 7, The winner of the WC was practically the NBA champions and Kobe had 25 points, 11 rebounds, 7 assists, & 4 blocks, leading his team in all those stats. 2001 Playoffs - Led in Win Shares. Just some statistical examples. 

tmacattack33
01-05-2016, 09:15 PM
I think Young Kobe is highly underrated because he played behind Shaq. But what Kobe had at a young age compared to LeBron was mentality. He was winning important playoff games at age 21. It was incredible. Examples: 2000 NBA Finals - Game 4, after Shaq fouled out he came up in the clutch and won that game finished with 28 points. 2000 WCF Game 7, The winner of the WC was practically the NBA champions and Kobe had 25 points, 11 rebounds, 7 assists, & 4 blocks, leading his team in all those stats. 2001 Playoffs - Led in Win Shares. Just some statistical examples. 

Get outta here bro.

You were able to mention about 4 games that the Lakers won in the playoffs due to young kobe.

Meanwhile, basically every one of of Cleveland's playoff wins were due to Lebron.

:facepalm

Anyway, Lebron is gunning for top 5 and people like Larry and Magic now. He just needs another 3 first team all-nba selections to have the most of all time. Kobe's in his rearview.

HOoopCityJones
01-05-2016, 09:16 PM
Get outta here bro.

You were able to mention about 4 games that the Lakers won in the playoffs due to young kobe.

Meanwhile, basically every one of of Cleveland's playoff wins were due to Lebron.

:facepalm

All the ones they lost were because of Lebron too, hence 2 for 6.

You're Welcome. :cheers:

JohnFreeman
01-05-2016, 09:18 PM
One is a top 10 player all time, the other is Kobe bryant

tmacattack33
01-05-2016, 09:18 PM
All the ones they lost were because of Lebron too, hence 2 for 6.

You're Welcome. :cheers:

Stick to Kobe vs Oscar.

Lebron is aiming for Bird and Magic.

HOoopCityJones
01-05-2016, 09:23 PM
Stick to Kobe vs Oscar.

Lebron is aiming for Bird and Magic.

You trying too hard bro. :confusedshrug:

If Lebron of all people is in that convo, Kobe was there 8 years ago. Fucc outta here.

TomBrady
01-05-2016, 09:28 PM
One is a top 10 player all time, the other is Kobe Bryant
SHREDDED.

raprap
01-05-2016, 09:35 PM
So lets act that Bron didn't Win important games as a young guy in the playoffs :oldlol:

Goofsta Knicca
01-05-2016, 09:40 PM
Kobe got all da chips.

LeBron just an unlikeable kinda dood who'll forever stay bowed down

http://memes.doublie.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/51-lebron-james-meme-lebron-collapses.jpg

plowking
01-05-2016, 09:47 PM
You trying too hard bro. :confusedshrug:

If Lebron of all people is in that convo, Kobe was there 8 years ago. Fucc outta here.

How in the f*ck do you speak in totalities and certainties based off one piece of information?
That is literally what every Kobe vs Bron argument comes down to... Blatantly obvious one guy has the advantage everywhere else, but it comes down just to championships? lol.

Bron is a better player than Kobe. There is much more pointing towards that than the other way around. Literally everything else outside of championship count which is more predicated to the teams you play against, and the team you have.

G0ATbe
01-05-2016, 09:48 PM
Kobe's the whole package.

Godlike scoring abilities, ball handling, deadly post game, all time GOAT defender, greatest passing guard of all time outside of magic, killer instinct etc.

lebald has good finishing abilities i suppose and thats about it. also 1.5*/6.

JohnFreeman
01-05-2016, 09:49 PM
Kobe's the whole package.

Godlike scoring abilities, ball handling, deadly post game, all time GOAT defender, greatest passing guard of all time outside of magic, killer instinct etc.

lebald has good finishing abilities i suppose and thats about it. also 1.5*/6.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

catch24
01-05-2016, 10:01 PM
Not sure there's much that separates Kobe and Lebron.

Kobe is the better scorer, shooter, and when he played defense, a better man defender. Lebron's the better playmaker, rebounder and team defender. Intangibles are probably a wash with Lebron's ability to turn chicken shit into salad, and Kobe imposing his will on defenses (in b4 rape joke).

plowking
01-05-2016, 10:02 PM

Kobe is the better scorer, shooter, and when he played defense, a better man defender. Lebron's the better playmaker, rebounder and team defender. Intangibles are probably a wash with Lebron's ability to turn chicken shit into salad, and Kobe imposing his will on defenses (in b4 rape joke).

What does imposing his will on defenses mean?

JohnFreeman
01-05-2016, 10:05 PM
I am not sure where they are getting this GOAT defensive player from? I would argue Wade is the better defensive shooting guard. This ridiculous notion that defenses are scared of Kobe more than LeBron is insane.

catch24
01-05-2016, 10:06 PM

Back during his scoring peak, I'm not sure I've ever seen a player demoralize more opposing defenses than I have Kobe. Dude could outscore an entire team through 3 quarters, and there was nothing they could do about it except sulk on the bench.

So along those lines I guess.

Kobe's scoring ability from 2006-2007 was incredible.

TomBrady
01-05-2016, 10:06 PM
Shooting ~40%.

JohnFreeman
01-05-2016, 10:07 PM
"Demoralizing defenses"

:roll:

catch24
01-05-2016, 10:09 PM
Shooting ~40%.

Dude averaged ~57% TS during his prime. Roughly in the same ballpark as second 3-peat Jordan.

plowking
01-05-2016, 10:10 PM
Back during his scoring peak, I'm not sure I've ever seen a player demoralize more opposing defenses than I have Kobe. Dude could outscore an entire team through 3 quarters, and there was nothing they could do about it except sulk on the bench.

How exactly do you know how demoralising another players performance on a team is?

Bron always handled tougher defenses better than Kobe... His stats are a testament to that, particularly in the finals and playoffs.

TomBrady
01-05-2016, 10:11 PM
Kobe was such a dominant scorer from the 2006 to the 2007 season that his team won 45 and 42 games, respectively. :applause:

JohnFreeman
01-05-2016, 10:11 PM
Dude averaged ~57% TS during his prime. Roughly in the same ballpark as second 3-peat Jordan.
Wade has about the same TS% during his prime

plowking
01-05-2016, 10:13 PM
Look, I think Kobe is great, and one of the best ever, but he is literally the only player I know, where you almost have to contextualise even his strengths.

catch24
01-05-2016, 10:14 PM
How exactly do you know how demoralising another players performance on a team is?

Bron always handled tougher defenses better than Kobe... His stats are a testament to that, particularly in the finals and playoffs.

You really can't quantify this category, which is exactly why I listed it as an intangible.

Intangibles aren't measured through data and stats.

Wade at one point handled "tougher defenses" than both Kobe and LeBron, but I wouldn't call him a better scorer than either player.

TomBrady
01-05-2016, 10:14 PM
Meanwhile, second three-peat Jordan led the league in scoring for all three seasons, shot better from the field on average than Kobe ever has for a single season, and won 72, 69, and 62 games.

GOAT recognize GOAT. :bowdown:

Rooster
01-05-2016, 10:18 PM

He was like in the that video game mode. Double team, triple team it did not matter.

JohnFreeman
01-05-2016, 10:23 PM
He was like in the that video game mode. Double team, triple team it did not matter.
Could you link some videos of Kobe scoring over double teams and triple teams?

catch24
01-05-2016, 10:23 PM

The greatest perimeter scoring seasons post MJ. Durant is probably up there too.

Kobe set so many scoring records those two years that I actually lost count. :oldlol: 62 through 3 quarters against an NBA finalist being my favorite of the bunch.

Cold soul
01-05-2016, 11:47 PM

I agree with this. I'll take Kobe over Lebron just will to win and killer instinct but Lebron better all around player he impacts the game in more areas. Kobe on fire and in the zone is harder player to guard though there's nothing you can do against him no matter what kind of defense you are playing.

StrongLurk
01-06-2016, 12:04 AM
Lebron had a 30 point triple double in his first playoff game. Also had two game winners in his first playoff series. Then made the finals in his second year in the playoffs, ending the Pistons reign with that legendary game 5.

Soooo yeah Lebron has been just as good or better than Kobe in the playoffs.

Cold soul
01-06-2016, 12:12 AM
Lebron had a 30 point triple double in his first playoff game. Also had two game winners in his first playoff series. Then made the finals in his second year in the playoffs, ending the Pistons reign with that legendary game 5.

Soooo yeah Lebron has been just as good or better than Kobe in the playoffs.

You can say that but Finals for both Lebron has been little worse.

Prime_Shaq
01-06-2016, 12:29 AM
Fundamentals.

knicksman
01-06-2016, 01:08 AM
Mentality. Kobe enjoys challenges while bran takes the easy way out. Kobe loves to shoot over 2 defenders to demoralize them while bran only takes layups and fastbreaks. Kobe doesnt care about stats. What matters to him is to be prepared come finals time or wcf during the early 2000s. Thats why he delivers with 5/7 while bran gets disrespected by giving him 5ft to shoot. Anyone who knows this game knows its harder to be kobe than to be lebron.

kennethgriffin
01-06-2016, 02:35 AM

i've explained countless times on ISH why lebron is an overrated rebounder

pound for pound kobe is the better rebounder

6-9, 260 pound power forward that can play center averaging 6-7 rebounds

vs

6-5, 205 pound shooting guard that can play small forward averaging 5-6 rebounds

you be the judge

Bankaii
01-06-2016, 02:53 AM
What?:roll:

Lebron is quite clearly the better Finals performer.

Im pretty sure he averages more points, assists, rebounds, on better efficiency in the Finals.

JohnFreeman
01-06-2016, 02:54 AM

Im pretty sure he averages more points, assists, rebounds, on better efficiency in the Finals.
This. LeBron is insane in the finals

knicksman
01-06-2016, 02:58 AM

If you werent a dumbass, you wouldve realized that the finals during early 00s was the wcf. Thus 2/6 and 5/7

Mr. Jabbar
01-06-2016, 03:02 AM
kobe is basically better at everything that requires skill. that, plus 3 rings.

JohnFreeman
01-06-2016, 03:03 AM
kobe is basically better at everything that requires skill. that, plus 3 rings.
Three rings as a role player..great

dhsilv
01-06-2016, 03:06 AM

I think it's more that Lebron adds value elsewhere, he's bigger, stronger, faster, better physically. He's got more of a basketball sense.

The problem is lebron has never been teamed with guys who use his strengths while kobe was coddeled with them. He did have that time of ZERO talent, but he did nothing with it. Lebron won with it.

I guess if we're going to compare and we're talking SUPER STARS and not the little people, is that Lebron was just better than kobe because he could do more in every way possible outside of shooting. It's an interesting question but it also brings up how silly it was that people have or will ever compare them. Lebron by 06 was the better of the two, he just didn't have the team. It's actually funny. The people with low IQ's and zero basketball knowledge thought it was a contest between teh two, but by 06 Lebron was the clear no question better player now that we can look back and adjust our questions.

Good topic question though. It's interesting to discuss why Kobe is so vastly over valued by fans and the funny stuff related to him vs lebron that espn brought up to bring down lebron's assent.

It's too bad lebron is a total piece of crap...but meh he still is the best basketball player since mj by a margin. (Raw peak talent level of course)

ArbitraryWater
01-06-2016, 03:13 AM
I agree with this. I'll take Kobe over Lebron just will to win and killer instinct but Lebron better all around player he impacts the game in more areas. Kobe on fire and in the zone is harder player to guard though there's nothing you can do against him no matter what kind of defense you are playing.

"Will to win and killer instinct"

Fukk outta here you imbecile :roll:

JohnFreeman
01-06-2016, 03:13 AM

Mr. Jabbar
01-06-2016, 04:06 AM

you act like those things dont exit. or like lebron doesnt lack em ..

Bankaii
01-06-2016, 04:35 AM
If you werent a dumbass, you wouldve realized that the finals during early 00s was the wcf. Thus 2/6 and 5/7
:sleeping Get a new gimmick homie you're boring.

HOoopCityJones
01-06-2016, 05:04 AM
you act like those things dont exit. or like lebron doesnt lack em ..

:eek:

SouBeachTalents
01-06-2016, 09:24 AM

LeBron has better career Finals stats than Kobe. LeBron's had his Finals where he either played badly or greatly underperformed ('07, '11, '13 through 5 games), but Kobe had SIGNIFICANT drop off in play from the first 3 rounds to the Finals on 4 occasions ('00, '01, '04, '08), and another where he shot horrifically in Game 7. For someone with 5 rings, Kobe's played below his standards for most of his Finals

Gileraracer
01-06-2016, 09:54 AM
Mr. 2/6 shouldn't even be in this conversation :facepalm

TomBrady
01-06-2016, 09:59 AM
Kobe and LeBron are tiered together but both are irrelevant to the GOAT discussion.

Both are overrated by their peasant disciples and underrated by their peasant detractors.

ShaqTwizzle
01-06-2016, 10:13 AM

Eh... Kobe wasn't that great of a WCF performer back then (01 aside).

00 WCF : 20 / 5.5 on 55%TS
02 WCF : 27 / 3.9 on 49%TS
04 WCF : 24 / 5.5 on 52%TS

Young Kobe wasn't generally dominant against the West or in the WCF.
Strange that such a myth could come into existence.

Cold soul
01-06-2016, 11:08 AM

The truth hurts. Kobe has the superior intangibles the greater winner. Lebron is front runner when things are going well he is great but when adversity hits he folds like a tent.

sdot_thadon
01-06-2016, 02:05 PM
There's tons of things that separate them, it'd be harder to find more ways they are similar.

Insane work ethic.

The one undeniable thing that they will forever share is how they mind****ed an entire genration of fans. They have fans so hateful/jealous/intimidated by their games that dudes lost it. Can't even discuss them in a proper state of mind or appreciate what they've done for the game, and thats in separate discussions. Get them in the convo together and all hell breaks lose. Legends
.:applause: :applause: :applause:
seriously, it's pathetic

Megabox!
01-06-2016, 02:16 PM
Kobe and LeBron are tiered together but both are irrelevant to the GOAT discussion.

Both are overrated by their peasant disciples and underrated by their peasant detractors.
This pretty much sums it up

ArbitraryWater
01-06-2016, 02:47 PM
The truth hurts. Kobe has the superior intangibles the greater winner. Lebron is front runner when things are going well he is great but when adversity hits he folds like a tent.

2011 was fun

as for the Kobe talk, you aren't the most clever, outside the box thinker, are ya? :oldlol:

Everything you say falls back on "omgz 81 rings phyve points dude!"

dubeta
01-06-2016, 02:48 PM
About 6 inches of girth (in LeBrons advantage)

LAL
01-06-2016, 03:34 PM
http://i.imgur.com/yz8FH5x.jpg

Bankaii
01-06-2016, 04:01 PM
http://i.imgur.com/yz8FH5x.jpg
Now post 60+ win teams beat as the man. Since apparently that's the proper judge for the greatness competition.

ArbitraryWater
07-01-2016, 01:00 PM

red1
07-01-2016, 01:04 PM

it should now be a bannable offense to compare kobe to bron. Im seriously going to start reporting people when I see that shit

riseagainst
07-01-2016, 01:06 PM