PDA

View Full Version : Nets To Hire CSKA Moscow GM Andrey Vatutin As New GM

Euroleague
01-05-2016, 02:48 PM
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/240346/Andrey-Vatutin-Reportedly-Nets-Top-Choice-To-Become-Next-GM

:lol :oldlol: :roll:

Vatutin is probably the WORST GM in all of Euroleague.

The first thing he does will probably be to hire Ettore Messina as head coach...the guy that was the most overrated coach in all of Europe.

Milbuck
01-05-2016, 02:53 PM
If true...wow. Arguably the greatest GM in Euroleague history finally taking his talents to the pros. Game changer. Nets are gonna be a force in a few years.

HylianNightmare
01-05-2016, 02:54 PM
Op is a ****

Euroleague
01-05-2016, 03:17 PM
If true...wow. Arguably the greatest GM in Euroleague history finally taking his talents to the pros. Game changer. Nets are gonna be a force in a few years.

He is almost universally regarded as the worst GM in Euroleague, and as a huge political hack as well.

Not to mention that he has been involved in so many scandals that he was basically run out of the Russian Basketball Federation by FIBA, and the Russian League, and had to go create his own league (VTB League).

Jameerthefear
01-05-2016, 03:21 PM
Did you even read your own article? It says TOP CHOICE. It didn't say he was hired.

MMM
01-05-2016, 03:23 PM
i approve of this hire

maybe the nets need to bring more European ballers on the roster

StephHamann
01-05-2016, 03:23 PM
Vatutin is also a racist and a facist and a liar.

Euroleague
01-05-2016, 03:26 PM
i approve of this hire

maybe the nets need to bring more European ballers on the roster

If you approve of this hire, you clearly have no clue who Vatutin is. He has been involved in countless scandals.

Not to mention that as GM of CSKA, he has had the biggest budget and best roster in all of Euroleague, by far and away, every single season, and yet, not once has the team managed to win a championship.

He has said though before that the player he admires the most is Spanoulis...so I guess that will be one of his first moves, which in and of itself might bring the Nets the NBA title.

MMM
01-05-2016, 03:36 PM
If you approve of this hire, you clearly have no clue who Vatutin is. He has been involved in countless scandals.

Not to mention that as GM of CSKA, he has had the biggest budget and best roster in all of Euroleague, by far and away, every single season, and yet, not once has the team managed to win a championship.

He has said though before that the player he admires the most is Spanoulis...so I guess that will be one of his first moves, which in and of itself might bring the Nets the NBA title.

you can't be ****ing serious

this is a ****ing GODSEND

**** nba titles
we're talking MOTHER****ING DYNASTIES

for the Celtics

SexSymbol
01-05-2016, 03:38 PM
He is almost universally regarded as the worst GM in Euroleague, and as a huge political hack as well.

Not to mention that he has been involved in so many scandals that he was basically run out of the Russian Basketball Federation by FIBA, and the Russian League, and had to go create his own league (VTB League).
....what?

outbreak
01-05-2016, 03:39 PM
Op is a ****
***** are useful.....

BlazerRed
01-05-2016, 04:56 PM
I approve of this. Vatutin is highly respected in the Euroleague community and one of the greatest GMs of the modern era.

Levity
01-05-2016, 05:51 PM
Prokhorov doing everything in his power to make sure no one knows the the fck is going on with the Nets

coin24
01-05-2016, 05:57 PM
That would be the greatest hire of all time:applause:

Future nets dynasty

Sakkreth
01-05-2016, 06:06 PM
Hmm in Europe he just throws money at best players available, hard to tell if he's good or not.

Euroleague
01-05-2016, 07:24 PM
Hmm in Europe he just throws money at best players available, hard to tell if he's good or not.

How is it hard to tell? Every single person with even basic basketball knowledge that follows Euroleague knows he is probably the worst GM in Euroleague.

Actually, who really is seriously in the running for doing a worse job than him? The only one I can think of is Milano's GM.

He has a 40 to 45 million euros budget every single season, and not once have they won Euroleague with him running things.

They have the kind of roster where the 10-13 men in the rotation would be the best players in some Euroleague teams. They have such rosters every year, and still not one championship.

And Teodosic choking every year/Spanoulis raping them every year is not an excuse. The GM has to take blame in that. Especially since it has happened under several coaches.

OnFire
01-05-2016, 09:46 PM

If he has the best roster in all of euroleague doesn't that mean he did a good job? Maybe you are angry at the coach.

qrich
01-05-2016, 09:56 PM
EuroLeague thinks he sucks.

Therefore, this is a great hire for the Nets.

TomBrady
01-05-2016, 09:58 PM
Wow, the Nets are hiring the greatest GM in Euroleague history. I'm impressed.

zizozain
01-05-2016, 09:59 PM
i'm here to 1-star this thread

TomBrady
01-05-2016, 10:00 PM
Wow, look at this tidbit from the article:

Under his management CSKA Moscow won the 2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09, 2009-10 Russian Superleague and the 2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14 and 2014-15 Russian Championships.

What a great hire.

Rooster
01-05-2016, 10:10 PM

What a great hire.

He was the architect of making Trajan Langdon :bowdown: a Euroleague legend :oldlol: and winning minor league titles so he's pretty accomplished. It's time to take his talent to the pros and see what he got.:applause:

zeerghit
01-06-2016, 06:16 AM

what about Angelopoulos brothers? and olympiacos?

Nash
01-06-2016, 07:14 AM
lol, anytime a Euro comes over to the NBA Mr Euroleague says he sucks.

We should poll Euroleague on all things Euro so that when a player/coach/GM makes the trip over to the NBA we know exactly what he thinks.

fregmonkey
01-06-2016, 07:44 AM

Last 10 years of CSKA in Euroleague (Vatutin was - deputy CEO/Vice President/CEO/President&CEO)

zeerghit
01-06-2016, 07:46 AM
[QUOTE=fregmonkey]Last 10 years of CSKA in Euroleague (Vatutin was - deputy CEO/Vice President/CEO/President&CEO)

Euroleague
01-06-2016, 08:56 PM

What a great hire.

You are embarrassing yourself and Tom Brady with such ludicrous level trolling.

TomBrady
01-06-2016, 08:57 PM
I am Tom Brady.

Maybe you disagree but winning championships = success. Successful executive = great hire.

Euroleague
01-06-2016, 08:58 PM
[QUOTE=fregmonkey]Last 10 years of CSKA in Euroleague (Vatutin was - deputy CEO/Vice President/CEO/President&CEO)

Euroleague
01-06-2016, 08:59 PM
I am Tom Brady.

Maybe you disagree but winning championships = success. Successful executive = great hire.

He never won a championship in Euroleague you freaking moron.

The Russian League only counts teams from Russia genius. Euroleague only has 2 or 3 Russian teams in a given year.

Stop being a moron.

Euroleague
01-06-2016, 09:00 PM
well he said no bad! WORST !

I said one of the worst, with Milano's GM probably being the worst.

STOP TROLLING

ScalsFan21
01-06-2016, 09:01 PM
After all these years of Billy King and what seemed like Prokhorov approving of the job he'd been doing... I would honestly be okay with someone from ISH running this team as opposed to them retaining him.

I'd be lying if I said I paid a lick of attention to Euroleague, but I'm all for anyone who isn't Billy at this point. :confusedshrug:

TomBrady
01-06-2016, 09:02 PM
Under his management CSKA Moscow won the 2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09, 2009-10 Russian Superleague and the 2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14 and 2014-15 Russian Championships.
Good enough for me. The man has won multiple championships, he's clearly successful.

zeerghit
01-07-2016, 06:22 AM

STOP TROLLING
SO WHAT ABOUT OLYMPIACOS BROTHERS? they tried to buy titles.. ur shitty team could do a shit

Akrazotile
01-07-2016, 06:30 AM
Seems like a THICK hire

dunksby
01-07-2016, 07:47 AM
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/240346/Andrey-Vatutin-Reportedly-Nets-Top-Choice-To-Become-Next-GM

The first thing he does will probably be to hire Ettore Messina as head coach...the guy that was the most overrated coach in all of Europe.
Seems like a great hire.

R.I.P.
01-07-2016, 01:09 PM

Aside of hiring you, every person dead or alive is an upgrade over Billy King.

niko
01-07-2016, 02:50 PM
Nets are so lost. And the funniest thing is no one even cares.
-Yomark (their marketing director) openly talks about influencing moves the Nets make to maximize marketing. (There's a story about him bringing Billy King trade ideas from the ESPN trade machine).
-Through their blogs (like Netsdaily), they are hinting the Nets will make a move just to **** up Boston's draft position.
-And Prokky bringing in a buddy to play GM doesn't sound particularly promising.

TemporaMutantur
01-07-2016, 03:07 PM

STOP TROLLING

You didn't say "one of..." actually.

Euroleague
01-07-2016, 03:16 PM
Good enough for me. The man has won multiple championships, he's clearly successful.

There are only 2-3 Russian teams in the entire Euroleague in a given season idiot. In most of those years, there was only 1.

From next year on, there will only be 1-2 maximum allowed.

Europe isn't a country genius.

Euroleague
01-07-2016, 03:18 PM
Nets are so lost. And the funniest thing is no one even cares.
-Yomark (their marketing director) openly talks about influencing moves the Nets make to maximize marketing. (There's a story about him bringing Billy King trade ideas from the ESPN trade machine).
-Through their blogs (like Netsdaily), they are hinting the Nets will make a move just to **** up Boston's draft position.
-And Prokky bringing in a buddy to play GM doesn't sound particularly promising.

He isn't just a "buddy" either. He's a huge political hack, and probably one of the most hated and despised people in all of Russia.

They are probably trying to get him out of Russia, since he is so hated that people actually tried to kill him just about a couple weeks go.

That's the kind of scum that Nets fans here are strongly advocating should run their team.

niko
01-07-2016, 03:23 PM
He isn't just a "buddy" either. He's a huge political hack, and probably one of the most hated and despised people in all of Russia.

They are probably trying to get him out of Russia, since he is so hated that people actually tried to kill him just about a couple weeks go.

That's the kind of scum that Nets fans here are strongly advocating should run their team.
There aren't any Nets fans here at all, much less any advocating him taking over their team. That's you completely making shit up. I've seen maybe 2 or 3 people on twitter TOTAL mentioning this, and the only one who says it's a good idea is Netsdaily and he's basically the Nets pretending to be a fan blog.

HylianNightmare
01-07-2016, 10:24 PM

why do you care so much?